Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Reflections - A 'high fantasy' RP

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Reflections - A 'high fantasy' RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:46 pm

The concept
In the land Mikea, the existence of a parallel world - Aekim - is a known fact. People go about their everyday lives, exchanging messages and occasionally trading with their counterparts. It has been this way for centuries, as far back as anyone can remember. But something has disturbed this peaceful balance. Something menacing from outside reality has driven the sorcerer-king of Mikea insane, and he now plans to completely eliminate the barrier between the two worlds and wage all out war. But the nature of the two worlds means that combining them will mean the annihilation of them both, and the release of tremendous amounts of energy.

The setting
Mikea is a large and diverse world, with terrain varying from vast seas to arid deserts. The world has a very moderate climate, with very few temperature extremes. The main race in Mikea is human, although many other races are present.

It's parallel counterpart, Aekim, is the inverse, with vast stretches of molten sand, and immense ice plains. Aekim is home to many races, both terrible and beautiful. Each individual race is perfectly adapted to it's own environment, and can survive, if somewhat uncomfortably, in all but the most harsh of the others.

If there's enough interest in this concept I'll run it as a true RP. Tell me what you think.
What's one or two...pieces of dust to scatter?

Aaand for some reason, my profile link works not. So here's the direct link
dylaer-characters-t12419.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Reflections - A 'high fantasy' RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty interested. Any other info about the RP?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:52 pm

What kind of info would you like? I've got most of it planned out, but there are still some WIP bits in terms of overall story.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:58 pm

Races, religion, combat limitations, magic...that sort of thing. Unless you're just planning on having it be completely free form.

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Races: Use your imagination. Mikea has more of the classical races - elves, dwarves, and what have you - and Aekim has whatever you can think of.

Religion: One dominant religion, polytheitsic, two Gods. Chut'ka, god of Order; Zhador, god of Chaos

Combat limitations: Full human characters fight only within human limits, although some characters may have attributes or abilities that lets them surpass that. Non-human characters have few restrictions, so long as their abilities are explained.

Magic: Any particular type of magic. Magic requires concentration - bigger spells naturally take more concentration, and if concentration is broken then spell goes awry (i.e. fireball exploding in hand, or conjured spirit turning on conjurer).

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Hm, alright. PM me when/if you get this started, and I'll join if I can.

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:41 pm

I'll wait for a little more interest first. I'd like to see at least four more characters, including yours.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Sounds awesome! I'm interested.
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Two down, two to go.

Just a note for those of you that reside in the US. If this RP goes ahead, my post times will be a bit weird, cause I'm in Eastern Aus, and we're 17-19hrs ahead of the USA.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Im in!

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Keep it coming guys, one more character before we're good to go. Of course, there's more than one position left. Four was a minimum, not a maximum.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:52 pm

I'm interested, but I have a few questions. Actually, only one really...

Would our character(s) be required to use magic? I can go either way, but I have an idea for a character that would likely not use magic.
Check out Eastbound, a zombie apocalypse story I'm writing on my own.

I may actually get back to this, now that I'm here again. Stay tuned!

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:56 pm

I'd definitely go for this; as for the time difference, I'm used to RPing at odd hours. Most of my first year of RPing, I was in the Middle East; besides, I'm online whenever I'm not eating or sleeping (including when I'm in class, yay uni!), so it shouldn't be too difficult.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:00 am

@ Messiah: Nope, your character doesn't have to use magic. Mine wont.

@ reticulated99: If you are online at odd hours, that could help a lot.

To everyone else, I'll start up the topic tomorrow. My tomorrow, that is.

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:21 am

which is our today. count one more name on the interested list.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:39 am

Well be sure to link it here when you are done ^^. This is going to be sweet ^^

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Okay guys, all set. The topic is here. OOC topic will be done eventually if needed. I have a link to my character profile in my signature, and you guys can either do that or you can start up the OOC thread earlier on your own and post your characters there if you want. Or you can just write them as they come. Whatever works best. Enjoy. :D

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphos on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Can I join please?

Xiphos
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dylaer on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:33 pm

No problems, the more the merrier. I may close entries when the storyline really gets going, but for now it's all good.

NOTE: RP HAS NOW STARTED, DISCUSSIONS AND SIGNUPS HERE!

Dylaer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aienmahime on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:42 am

I'm joining! :)
oh and can the appearance be a picture?
~One must never tell a secret~
~In order to keep it from leaking~

aienmahime
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!