Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Daughters of Rosewater

Resource Page,

a part of “Daughters of Rosewater”, a fictional universe by HalliwellSlytherin.

This is a Private Rp between: Forget~me~not, lovechanningforever, & toysolider.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Daughters of Rosewater”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Resource Page,

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 am

A few historical figures of the time:

The two superstars of The Georgian Era.

George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron
Commonly known simply as Lord Byron, was an English poet and a leading figure in the Romantic movement. Byron was celebrated in life for aristocratic excesses including huge debts, numerous love affairs, rumours of a scandalous incestuous liaison with his half-sister, and self-imposed exile. (It has been speculated that he suffered from bipolar I disorder.)

Percy Bysshe Shelley
one of the major English Romantic poets and is critically regarded as among the finest lyric poets in the English language. Considered too radical in his poetry and his political and social views to achieve fame during his lifetime, recognition of his significance grew steadily following his death. Percy Shelley was a key member of a close circle of visionary poets and writers that included Lord Byron; Leigh Hunt; Thomas Love Peacock; and his second wife, Mary Shelley.

You know Mary Shelley, I hope.

Ann Radcliffe
an English author and a pioneer of the Gothic novel. Her style is romantic in its vivid descriptions of landscapes and long travel scenes, yet the Gothic element is obvious through her use of the supernatural. It was her technique of explained Gothicism, the final revelation of inexplicable phenomena, that helped the Gothic novel achieve respectability in the 1790s.
She was inspirational to Austen, Byron, both Shelleys, Poe, and Dickens.

Jane Austen
English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature. Her realism and biting social commentary have gained her historical importance among scholars and critics.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Re: Resource Page,

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 pm

The Kings of The Regency Era

In 1820, George III (1738-1820) was deemed unfit to rule, suffering from the now understood disease of porphyria, which is caused by arsenic poisoning. He had been father to fifteen children, and a faithful and loving husband to Duchess Sophia Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. His son however, George IV (1762-1830) embraced his new title of Prince Regent, proxy of George III, with excess and scandal. He was a renowned gambler and financed many impressive plans to build and restyle many of the regency style buildings of London, the Brighton Pavilion and Mayfair two of which still exist today.

George IV had an even more scandalous love life, taking many mistresses, secretly marrying Maria Anne Fitzherbert, a twice married Roman catholic, void of course because the marriage never had the consent of the King. Then the prince publicly married his cousin, Caroline of Brunswick (1795) for a higher allowance from Parliament. George IV is remembered by historical logs as a an over-indulgent, obese and selfish ruler; he served for only nine years as king of England

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 am

For more info on what The Georgians ate during the Regency Era...

Watch this video

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Sue! I love Supersizers Go. And to be honest, I've watched this episode and I don't mind watching them over and over and over again. :p And did I already mention that I love SUE?!

*giddy*

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 pm

:) yea it is a good series, I only discovered it a few weeks ago.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Pirate Misconceptions!

HERE!

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!