Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rise of a New Nation

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Rise of a New Nation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Ian sighed audibly. His side hurt.

He had come inches within death, but who his attacker was he knew not. Crawling out of the bloody trench, Ian swore. He wiped his red hands on his red coat. Stains were the least of his problems. The overwhelming victory was horrible. Can they seriously be this bad at fighting? During training they were pretty impressive...

"Bout damn time they got here!" Ian faked to a superior next to him. "Cavalry is too slow. What bugger decided to let them walk all willy-nilly to battle?"

Ian frowned, looking at the last two lagging soldiers of the Colonists. They were both wounded.

Run. Run as fast as you can. And don't stop.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Murtag didn't look back at the soldier that was still far behind, bu catching up. He managed to see a burst of dirt, along with two colonist bursting up with it. He kept running, occasionally looking back withing that he had killed that sargeant when he had a chance.
I love escalators, because escalators can never break--they can only become stairs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Name: Daniel Staffler (Fake name: Aaron Green)
Appearance:
Hair: Cut extremely short and is choppy due to having it cut with a knife. Dark green eyes, 5'3, and weighs 113. Slim yet muscular. Wears bigger clothing to keep from revealing that he is really a 'she'. Wears armor underneath her clothing just in case someone ran into her they couldn't tell the difference.
Colonist, French, German, or British: Colonist
Personality: Extremely self kept but has a short fuse. Tries to blend in and keep away from people when nothing is going on.
Weapons: Machete and rifle.
----------------------------------
The battle was being lost and Daniel had no choice but to back out with the few others. This was the worst part. She knew that they didn't really have a chance but it tore her up that they weren't strong enough. As she rushed ahead of everyone else but had an urge to look back. Noticing that one of the other colonists were injured and trying to flee as well made her realize he might not make it. Bringing out her rifle she turned back and ran to the colonist behind her. "Hey! Come on!" Her voice was as masculine as possible and she reached out grabbing the others arm ushering him to go faster though he was doing a pretty good job.

"Not too much farther we can hide." Keeping up her act she continuously looked back to make sure they weren't going to be fired on.

Aelita
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Murtag clenched his ribs as someone came to help him. He winced but stayed close with 'him' as 'he' pulled him faster to catch up with the larger group of soldiers as they topped a hill.

"Thank you, for coming back to help," He said, almost falling as he did.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Daniel shook her head. "Not at all, we're here to help eachother too remember?" She said as they ran over the hill. The cover of trees was getting closer and she was starting to relax.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:10 pm

"I know," Murtag said, starting to run along with 'him' the best he could.
"Usually, men get so afraid for thier lives that they desert someone that is in need of help. I could maybe have maade it myself. Right now I can't believe im even making it with help. This... is very painful."

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:06 am

Keeping silent at first Daniel rolled her eyes. Of course. "Well, everyone is different." She said as they reached the trees. Quickly rushing through it, the trees got a bit thicker covering them better and after a few more minutes she stopped behind a large tree. "Ok, where are your injuries?"

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:54 am

"I need a medic." Ian said, grumbling. As a puppy-faced man came and did what little, he could, Ian sat down with his head in his hands.

"C'mon, doesn't hurt that much, does it?" A black-haired man asked Ian. "You're lucky you didn't get hit in the chest."

"Eat it Colonel." Ian barked, looking at his superior. "We won, you got your victory. And with what cost?"

"It doesn't matter. They're rebelling dogs." The Colonel laughed.

"It does too matter. While our men are ransacking that city, civilians are dying. What have they done for death?" Ian asked bitterly. "I have an uncle and his family in this country. Do you think I want them to die for their superior's decisions?"

"You weigh this too much on us." The Colonel said, rubbing his moustache. "It's a rich man's war and a poor man's fight. You know this. What did you have before you signed up under the Loyalist's Militia?"

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Murtag put his left hand on his right side, indicating where his ribs were cracked. He shivered slightly feeling a knot on his side when he touched it. He was lucky that one of his ribs didn't break and puncture an organ, he could feel a constant throbbing pain one after the other, each other one feling worse.

"Here," He winced.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:52 am

Seeing the man's expression instantly got Daniel thinking the worst. Lifting the man's shirt she took a look at his side then put her hand in the spot he had showed her and pressed in. "Sorry." She apologized in a soft tone as she moved her fingers along. It was hard to feel a cracked rib and well she couldn't find it but it was definitely noticeable that there was something wrong with it. "Isn't there a medic at camp?"

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:10 am

Murtag gasped slightly when she pressed her fingers to the purple-ish black spot on his side. To the left side of it was a fain, red in-print of what looked like a musket trigger.

"Yes, medic...Back out, neer Charlestown," He replied, noticing that 'his' voice got strangly lighter when 'he' apologized.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Daniel coughed to clear her throat and nodded. "Ok, that's not too far from here." She said as she rapped an arm around the man to help him up. "I'm not much of a medic so I don't think it would be good for me to try."

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Murtag nodded as he was helped up. His face showed no signs of pain, but inside there was a flow of it with every tep he took with his rigt leg. "Thank you... Soldier."

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Jennifer looked up as she saw two soldiers walk in. She put her book down and looked up. By her vision there weren't any other injured behind them so she thought to take them. Standing she greeted them.

"Hi right this way."

Showing them to a workstation. Jennifer asked what the problem was and waited.

"Are there any other behind you?"
Life is beginning to thicken again.
Re-emerging in as thick as storm clouds everyone could see.
Or skinny dipping in the public pool.
Just all of it gaining meaning again.
Getting closer everytime I look.
What happens to me after my life is completed again?
Will I be happier again???

Written By: Me, Myself and, I. How Wondrous.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Simply nodding to what the man said she figured it'd be best that she didn't speak while trying to walk with him. It would be harder to control her voice compared to if she was simply walking. Daniel led the man to a small house which was the medics and they were instantly greeted by a woman. She seemed to be in a hurry, which Daniel was happy about.

Following the woman to a workstation she shook her head. "No, there were none." Was all she said as she looked for a bed to let the man rest on.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Smiling Jennifer nodded and grabbed a pair of gloves. In a sweet honey coated voice she said.

"So where's the damage? Is it both of you or just one?"

Jennifer pulled the glove on while she waited. Grabbing some of her anibiotics and needles.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Daniel shook her head and cleared her throat.
"No, it's just him. He said it was his side."

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Ian looked at the Colonel with a strange expression. This man had wisdom, yet it was so twisted Ian literally had to unwind it with his hands.
Next came the part Ian hated. Going around to all the dead bodies and making sure they were really dead.

A few minutes of prodding, gagging, nasty smells, blood, more prodding, a little bit more blood proved all were as they seemed.
"Who's cleanin' up this mess?" Ian asked the Colonel.
"I dunno, never told us who."

Ian just shook his head. When would he be back with his normal troops? It has been nearly 2 months and Ian still was with the British.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:25 pm

Jen nodded and turned to the male. Until she found out exactly what was keeping him in pain...There wasn't much she could do.

"Ok, well what i it exactly? Bullet, falls, bruising, direct contact with another person? Like if you hit the next person to hard and it may have factured or nearly broken anything?"

She couldn't think of anything else that would injure a side. Jennifer could only ponder the thought now.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Daniel watched as the woman examined the soldier for a moment. As she began questioning him Daniel decided it would be better for her to take her leave. Turning and slipping through the door her feet carried her out of the building and back outside. It would be best to be by herself in case she forgot to keep her act up which she had already made the mistake of doing once by accident.

Everyone seemed to be more at ease and secure here. There was hardly any fear that the enemy would find them at this location, for now anyway. Walking over to a thicker batch of trees she sat down as if trying to hide behind a thick oak. Laying her back against it the 'soldier' felt like taking a nice long nap and started thinking how nice it would be to take a bath. That was the part she hated about saying she was a male soldier, she couldn't bathe as often. Which was disgusting but she wasn't going to let it bother her...too much anyway.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!