Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rise of a New Nation

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Rise of a New Nation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:53 pm

During 1775, fighting broke out. A war for a seperate contenints freedom from another nation, the American Revolution. The setting starts on Bunker Hill, one of the very first fights of the war.

Murtag, a 19 year old fighting in the Contenintal Army opened fire on upcoming British. The Americans had won the advantage of from the hill and mounds build to protect themselves from gun fire. Ducking down as multiple bullets bounced around him he relouded his hunting musket and got up, placing his gun on the top of the mound. He squeezed the trigger with his gun-powder covered hand and a big puff of smoke followed a musket-ball out the barrel of his gun. His quick fire caused him only to hit the soldier in the arm, that happened many times and usually that was a killing blow. The man would either bleed to death or die from disease.

Cannon fire echoed in his ears, the smoke choked him. He wanted to sit still behind the mound, but that would be cowardly, and the army couldn't afford it. Trembling he re-loaded his weapon, he looked to a cannon which had been freshly loaded neer him. He dropped his weapon, closed his eyes, and held his ears. With a puff of smoke and loud bang a huge ball of medal flew through the air, bouncing down the hill deadly.

A unlucky soilder stood and looked uo, managing to see a small flicker of silver before the cannon ball fell and completely took his foot off. He fell, the blood pouring from his leg like a fountian, his screams could be heard from where Murtag was. The man soon bleed to death, just one of many victims to a cannon.

Now this is where you come in...

OOC: Ok, the make this fair you may be either British or part of the Contenintal Army. If you are going to join this thread the golden rule is that you DO NOT spam and flam my thread about the real war. It's happened before and it's happened again. Im adding in some fantasy i'll reveal later in the story. Im making this mostly historically accurate though, meaning that the Americans will win the war. Don't worry, this story will have an aftermath to it, jsut be patient with the story as it is.

I don't care if you post OOC or Bio's on this thread, I dont plan on making an OOC thread. Here is the Bio Format, I dont care about bio length, I do care about grammar though.

Bio Format

Name:
Colonist, French, German, or British:
Personality:
Appearance:
Weapons:
Other(optional):

Im not making a bio, I will describe my characters appearance, personality, etc. in my posts. The age limit is 65, i seriosly doubt anyone will want any character that age anyway. You cannot be more than 7 feet either, sorry, people just aren't that big, especially then.

Im the only one who can accept bios, I would prefer you PM with them instead of posting it here.

Thanks, have fun.
Last edited by Blade on Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love escalators, because escalators can never break--they can only become stairs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Rise of a New Nation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:13 am

Name:
Appearance:At home:: Tall or average height, very feminine(when at home), dreeses casually, mostly seasonal dresses, most outfits depend on her moods.
Colonist, French, German, or British: Whatever Murtag is (^__^)
Personality: Sweet, kind, very helpful (but not a pushover), has a tough exterior (takes alot to bring her down).
Appearance:At the nurses station::Tall not as tall as those around her. Wears the uniformed white knee lenght dress, black heels, skin colored tights, and a small white nurses hat. Wears bright red lipstick and no make-up (besides the lipstick.)

(OOC: See all changed. But I guess now I'm a nurse. ^__^)
Last edited by Tenma Uchiha on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Life is beginning to thicken again.
Re-emerging in as thick as storm clouds everyone could see.
Or skinny dipping in the public pool.
Just all of it gaining meaning again.
Getting closer everytime I look.
What happens to me after my life is completed again?
Will I be happier again???

Written By: Me, Myself and, I. How Wondrous.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 am

@Tenma: Jeans are not invented yet. Also, Akiko is a Japanese name; Japan is currently a closed-off nation that has no contact with outsiders. Also, Blade wants us to be in an army. In this region and time period, women are not allowed in armies.

Anyway....here's my character:

Name: Bailoch Parker

Appearance: Stands 5'2", muscular but lean. Short, black hair and green eyes. Pale.

Faction: Colonist

Personality: Unfortunately for his commanding officers, it is clearly difficult to raise a rebel army without getting a lot of Parker's kind: rebels. Though devoted to the cause of American independence, he has trouble following orders if he thinks he has a better idea. And, ultimately, he just wants to win this war so he can go home to southeast Viginia and his fiance.

Weapons: A flintcock musket and pistol

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:52 pm

@Village Alchemist: If blade says he wants it changed then ill change it otherwise i'll keep it as it is. Point 2 Blade said that their will be some type of fantasy in the forum so why not get ready ahaed of time. Point 3 if there wasn't going to be any differences in this war rather than it being real to the exact females wouldn't be needed in this forum. And thank you for the pointer on the jeans I will change that.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:29 pm

OOC: Sorry Tenma, but you are going to have to edit your bio. There were no shotguns, jeans, etc. in the 1700th century. When I say im adding fantasy in it is by adding in places that dn't truly exsist and myths that were never made.

Sorry I haven't put up my bio yet. Here it is to sort things out Tenma, but please. Be historically accurate, As he said, Japan had no connections with this war. I will accept a French name though, since they were involved in this war, along with the German.

One more thing, wemon did serve in the American Revolution, not many, but still there was some that were disguised as men during the war. That's really all that I will accept if she signs up for the war.

Please Tenma keep it historically accurate, search for what they wore and used in the 1770's if you have to.

Name: Murtag Esthan

Appearance: Black, thick hair which is tied back into a looe ponytail like the British have thier wigs. Most Colonists wore thier hair like that. Rather tight, button up pants which are part of his uniform, which are half hidden by boots. Blue regimental coat and cocked-hat(He was lucky enough to get a real uniform) He wears a weskit. Underh is boots are a thick pair of whool socks.

Personality: Tough, he's a good leader and during the end of the war is reconized for that, and givencontrol over a small group of soldiers who do the same as Francis Marion's "Hit and Ru" technique to help win the war.

Faction: Colonist

Weapons/Other: Carries a Flintlock Musket, cartridge box, canteen, haverstack, and a napsack

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Name: Ian Lancaster
Clothing: Black breeches, black mid-calf boots, Red coat. Refuses to wear headgear and so is looked down on by superiors but inferiors look up to him.
Colonist, French, German, or British: Colonist Spy currently in a British camp. A 'sargeant' for the British.
Personality: A mega sneak. This kid thinks he's the cream of the crop. And in reality he falls just short of that. Talks back to superiors enough for them to regret him 'signing' up for the British army. Arranges ways so that somehow his army 'loses' every battle.
Appearance: 5'8, 128 lbs. Light blonde hair, down to eyebrows, longest at sideburns, short in back. Red-brown eyes.
Weapons: Sharpshooter Rifle, 45 rounds. Tinder box. Howitzer technician.
Other(optional): This is going to be a hard RP for me. xD
Last edited by Mikhos on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:31 pm

OOC: It cant be that hard because you and everyone else who posted a bio just made it in. Although Tenma is going to have to edit her bio alot.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:51 pm

"Damnit." Ian said with his 'accent.' His eyes scanned the city just miles ahead of him. "Not enough time."

"Eh, what is it, Sergeant Lancaster?" A boy not much older than Ian asked. The ox-built kid had piercing blue eyes, sharp too. Ian hoped he didn't learn of the espionage.

"It's nothing. Ready your weapons!" Ian drew his rifle, loading a bullet. They were at the top of a hill just north of the city.

He hadn't much information to give to General Lincoln's Men. Just: Charleston is going to be attacked. Send as many men as you can. This was just days before, too. He hoped the message wasn't intercepted. Ian looked sadly at the city. He could barely picture the buildings ransacked and blood on the ground. But then again, he never could.

And by the looks of it, 'as many as you can' was not going to be enough. His army was going to win, Ian feared. And that was a loss for Ian.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Murtag was in the middle of a small group of Colonist soldiers as they were lined up in a larger group. The commander stood infront of them.

"Ready? March," The commander said, loud enough for all to hear.

In a orderly line, they marched hearing the explosion of artillary along with the drums and flutes of the aproaching British. At a certain point they stopped, as the British were about to.

"Steady men," The commander said holding his sword out to halt the colonists.
"Take aim," He yelled, and was followed by his men saying the same words, the front two rows lowering muskets in the direction of the British.

"Make Ready," He then shouted, and was repeated by his soldiers.

"Fire" He finally shouted, swinging his sword in the direction of the British, who the front few lines fell like ants.

Murtag was on the second row, next to the commander who seemed to favor his opion and plans. Murtag was sually requested for help by him, but many of his plans were rejected by the other military leaders.

His musketball whizzed through the air, peircing a mans chest and sending him to the ground, face down.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:26 pm

Private Parker was in the very front row of Continental soldiers. The degree to which that bothered him is difficult to describe in words.

Still, he fired at the same time as his compatriots. Through the smoke of gunfire, he could not tell wether his shot had harmed any of the enemy or not. Either way, he prepared to reload and fire again.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crowley on Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Name: Thomas Metzger
Appearance: Dark hair and eyes, average height and fairly slim build. Wearing blue and white Hessian military uniform.
Colonist, French, German, or British: German (Hessian mercenary)
Personality: At this stage, fairly untrusting and reserved. Thomas has lived on the streets before being conscripted and has learnt to survive by not being noticed. He has little loyalty to the British cause that he has been forced into, and will generally obey orders, if unenthusiastically.
Weapons: A musket and a sword.

Crowley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:28 pm

OOC: Crowley, i've already accepted you on private chat, no need to repost your bio. YOu can go ahead and make an intro post.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:39 pm

"Fire!" The captain yelled, and Ian 'fired', missing a man's head. Ducking and loading, he hoped to god he wouldn't die.
Men fell around him as they marched forward. The British had more men, and it showed. Looking up again, Ian shot from his bunker and hit a man in the leg. His rifle was slow, but it was the closest thing to accurate anyone could find.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crowley on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 am

Thomas Metzger woke on a hard bench. As he turned his attention from his splitting headache he became aware that he was in a very small cell, and in shackles. His memory slowly returned and he recalled a lot of beer and a fight with a well-dressed man. It dawned on him that his headache had two sources: the beer and a blow to the head from a large guardsman.

What had possessed him to get into a fight, especially with a social better? He was surely going to be hanged before long. However, fate appeared to have different plans for Thomas. Within a few hours of waking his cell was entered by a jailor who poked, prodded and inspected Thomas, and informed him that he would soon have the honour of fighting for Landgrave Frederick II of Hesse-Kassel.

He was left alone to consider his future. Thomas groaned: life had not been pleasant so far, and only looked to get worse.

Crowley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 am

Ian, after reloading, swore he felt his ear shot off. It wasn't. The constant whizzing of musket balls going past his head was scary enough.

"Lancaster!" A recruit called. "We need you over at the Howitzer!"

Ian grimaced. He didn't enjoy the behemoths that shot the huge rounds, they killed so many people. And Ian was avoiding that, but he knew he couldn't get away with purposely missing every time. After a run and a roll, he was Safely behind the Howitzer.

"Turn it more to the right. Alright. Load it up. Wait for it..... wait.... FIRE!" Ian let the inexperienced boy shoot the monstrous artillery near a group of men. The shrapnel knocked them to their feet.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Murtag looked up, after reloading his innacure weapon in time to see a cannon burst out a cloud of smoke in his direction. He dived in a desperate attempt to get away as it blew the dirt up from the ground next to him and bouned across the ground. He watched as it plowed into the leg of a poor, young soldier and ripped it cleen off and shattered his other foot. The soldier screamed as he fell to the ground, and went silent.

Murtag pulled himself up, taking aim at the neerest British soldier. He squeezed the trigger and with a bang and a small puff of smoke the man fell, injured but not dead.

He looked at the commander need him and at the remaining contenintals. The commander frowned at Murtag and drew his sword, motioning the rest of his men to do so. Murtag put his musket across his back and drew his sword, the remainder of the contentalscharged toward the British, while the British did the same.

He sliced a soldiers chest open with a mortal wound, another one jumped toward him. Thier swords clanged, and Murtag recieved a small cut along his left shoulder, not enough to cripple his fighting or need medical help.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:15 pm

"Bloody hell." Ian swore as he the howitzer crashed around the soldiers. "We need another round! Just turn this thing to the left."

Ian ran off, reloading his rifle as he nearly tripped over a dead body. The pale blue eyes looked up to the sky almost serenely. Ian forced himself to leave the dead soldier behind. No matter how little you talked to someone, if you knew them, it was hard to see them die.

A musket ball tore through Ian's coat on his left side, painfully grazing his rib and dropping him to the bottom of the trench. He looked dead, he hoped. A bayonet through his back wouldn't be the best thing right now.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Murtag turned around in time to see a flicker of wood and felt a smack against his stomach, which knocked him to the ground. He looked up to see that he had been struck by the end of a musket, it left a horrible bruise and cracked one of his ribs on the right side.

He reacted quickly as the soldier raised his bayonet, pulling out his flintlock pistol and took a shot at him, not bothering to aim because of panic. the bullet his his shoulder and he fell backwards, undead but shocked.

Murtag pulled himself up, and tried to get to his feet but stumbled and fell back again. His rib hurt when he tried to stand, the pain was almost un-bearable. He clawled a distance and stopped, roling overon his back. He had to stand, he wasn't going to lay here the whole fight.

About to prop himself up on his arms he saw a trench next to him caused by artillary, inside of it was a British Sargeant. With his arms propping him up, he was able to hoist himself up, most of the pain had passed. He raised his sword and was about to deliver a killing blow to the sargeant when red caught his eye coming over the hills, calvary.

He looked at the other colonists, and the flagbearer who ran away from the battle. The commander had taken his fate from artillary which is one thing Murtag didn't notice once he was knocked over by the musket.

"Retreat!" Colonists yelled as the calvary neered. They stood no change to an army trippled thier size.

Murtag took one last glance at the Sageant, then retreated with the other men

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:29 pm

Parker fired his rifle into the British line. He missed. He reloaded as quick as he could--he was good at that--and fired again. He hit his target directly, and the Lobsterback fell to the ground clutching his chest.

Then, the young Virginian turned sharply and ran to catch up with the retreating Continental Army. He was only halfway there when he felt a sharp pain in his right hand. He stumbled, but did not fall, dropping his weapon and clutching his forearm. He had been shot in the hand.

He grimaced, and tried to suck up the pain, leaving his gun behind as he retreated with the rest of the colonists.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Murtag's winced feeling his side, where two ribs had been cracked. Running just made it worse, but if he was wanting to live he had to keep going. He gasped for air while running, his strength slowely regaining. He looked behind him, seeing a soldier trying to keep up with a wounded hand.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!