Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Roleplayer looking for a roleplay allowing creatures

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Roleplayer looking for a roleplay allowing creatures

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:24 am

Hello, I've made a few threads in the past like this, but here I am searching again for a place to be a bit, how should I say? Unusual? I generally don't play humans, or normal ones in that case. Instead I tend to play sentient creatures of varying types and shapes, ranging from the creepy to the endearing (though favoring a mix of both), but never so shallow of being black and white, or overly dominating in power (overpowered) for that matter. I'll list off some examples:

One of my favorites was Bellatroix, a creature from the old bayou who's an old being of magical essence that has constructed a malleable shell of flesh. She had grown consuming the creatures of the bayou, getting smarter and bigger, assimilating aspects of each, in behavior and appearance, but ultimately being alone, not fitting among any of them. Long story short, she encounters humanity, attaining the concept of family, and parenthood, desiring such, and becoming merciful towards children, and merciless towards those that prey upon them. Is kind of a vengeful voodoo creature, in a way. Has a human form too. Thematically has a striped tail with sharp barbs. Creature form has aspects of an opossum, a snake, and an alligator.

Another is Bashemath, a being that operates through reanimating corpses to act as her avatars, symbolically having squid-like vertically slit pupils, inky black blood, and tentacles. Kind of creepy and obsessive, is concerned about protecting and preserving life, having a strange unconditional love towards all living things, with little regard for herself, as one shell dies, another avatar will become a new primary vessel. And I'm not talking zombies here, they are warm and breathing, just her wearing multiple bodies, but strangely some non-sentient vessels (animals) can become sentient individuals instead of puppets and start evolving.

Hazarmaveth, a psychopomp with a rather humble and, at times, self-depreciating disposition. He is a strange being resembling vaguely a bird, or a man in robes given what angle you view him from, with many hands that are visible when he opens his wings. Artistic, a dreamer, and closet romantic, but given position and strange twisted appearance leaves little room for the last.

Yamir, a shadowy, energy filled, manlike figure, resembling something more demonic, but having a personality brimming with enthusiasm. Hardly the brightest bulb, but believes that he is a shadow of mankind that has to earn the right to exist, as well as acceptance among people. Also noted to at times to spout uplifting, yet sometimes confusing speeches.

Various of the Hawthorne family, basically a family of strong humanoid beings with spaded tails and strange features (pointed ears, bright red hair, horizontally slit eyes like a goat) that have a strong affinity towards plants, ranging from making them grow, to using them as weapons.

Eurydice Reverence, a strange girl with amber eyes who is actually a large phantom-like being with long stringy hair, four arms, and a long tail composed of shadowy hands. Represents anxiety caused by uncertainty and loss, trying to create a dreamlike delusion of everything she lost in her previous life. Her presence is marked by a series of black butterflies swarming around, and a melancholy atmosphere. While she herself is not all that dangerous, even rather kind, her delusions are and tend to go wild when agitated becoming even dangerous to herself.

Anyways, I could go on, I have others that are a bit less... considerate, and others that are more straight up silly or endearing, but these are some I've been looking forward to using for a while now. If interested in funny or silly, I can oblige with creatures of that nature too!

Sorry if this is a bit lengthy, trying to give a picture of what I mean when I say "outlandish."
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!