Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Romantic Musical ~The RP~

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Romantic Musical ~The RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:14 pm

((OOC is Here: romantic-musical-sign-ups-t16584.html))

It was a warm, sunny day- odd, for early September. The trees, whose leaves were just beginning to turn from green to gold, swayed slightly in the gently breeze.

The coffee shop in downtown New York might have added to the heat somewhat. Inside it's beige stucco walls, pots steamed as the beans inside them sweat, mixing with the water and turning into coffee.

Leaning up against the counter to watch everybody throughout the shop and out on the sidewalks, Valkyrie sighed. She wished, of course, what she always wished for- somebody to love. Little did she know, love was not the best thing in the world. But, perhaps, we should leave it at that for now.
But it's like . . . you've got this voice that just makes everything else go away. Singing or otherwise. It brings things down to what you're talking about and makes it . . . well, I dunno what the word is, but it's synonymous with beautiful.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roselite
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Romantic Musical ~The RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleakshow on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Mathys entered the small, familiar coffee shop, the pleasant aroma putting him at ease already. He was excited and energetic as it was, but he came in to get a coffee every morning, it was a habit. He got a coffee every morning, regardless of whether or not he needed it.

He sat up at the counter, waiting for his coffee. Black, strong coffee, just like he liked. Most of the staff knew his drink, so he just waited. Today, he was a little less patient than usual. He had been a freelance writer for almost a year now, and hadn't had much luck. But he had been offered a part time job, and he was eager to start, hoping that eventually he could write full time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bleakshow
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 pm

River stumbled tiredly into this new coffee shop, his acoustic guitar on his back, a small bag full of clothes and other necessities in his hand. He strode up to the counter and noticed the striking girl serving the customers. "'Allo there, Miss, a black coffee for me, if yeh don't mind," he said in his light Irish accent when it was his turn. He was thinking about how he should settle down finally, and wondering what had taken him to New York in the first place.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariah on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:38 pm

"Quinn, I got 3 omelets and 2 blue plates on the rack, I need those two short stacks on the fly! How you doing?"
"Yes, chef. No problem, I'm just fine!"

It was breakfast time at DeMarco's, the restaurant Quinn worked at. The kitchen was busy, but they we're prepared. Quinn was working the grill. He had it stocked full of hash browns, sausage and bacon, and too many eggs to count. This was his niche, breakfast. He was in his element here. Not much of a morning person, oddly enough, but a few AM shifts were seeing to that.
On the opposite side, was his partner in the hot side, Abraham, although he preferred Abe. He was also in his element here, the two being the perfect team. A huge griddle full of pancakes, french toast, crepes, and off to the side a bit, the pastry section.

"Table 3,4,5, and 8 up!," yelled Quinn out into the hustle, ripping down the order tickets with one hand and placing the plates in the window with the other. A second later he was back tending to the grill, flipping meats, perfectly seared.
"Quinn, toss me a whisk will ya pall?" said Abe. "Mine snapped in half, would you believe that?" He added, holding up the mauled remains of his whisk.
"Atta boy, Abe!," Quinn laughed, leaning over to grab the spare, tossing it over his back without even looking. Abe caught it easily and attacked the batter bowl, laying out perfectly proportioned pancakes at alarming speed. "It's almost like you've done this before, bro."

"Abe, Quinn, table of 10 in five! Keep it comin' boys!"
With a quick high five, the two boys continued to work the well oiled machine.

"...see the girl at table 5, man? Sheesh, I LOVE this town! What I wouldn't do to her!" Abe complimented his last comment with a questionable move, but Quinn just laughed. They were both walking together to their complex, not far at all from the restaurant. It helped keep their wallets from being sucked dry by taxi's.
"Yeah right man, you wouldn't have a chance with a broad like that."
"Yeah well, better than you, anyway," Abe retorted with a push. "This town has got to be the capitol of hot babes in the whole country man, I'm tellin' ya!"
In truth, Quinn hadn't been here long enough to really give much of an argument. He'd only been here 8 months or so, just enough to land a nice job and find a few friends. Luckily Abe was his neighbor, so the latter hadn't been hard at all.

They arrived at their building, both entering Quinn's room. They both planned to make use of Quinn's new X-Box.
"I'm gonna grab a brew bud, want one?" asked Abe, making his way to the fridge, tossing his coat haphazardly on the couch.
"Not right now man, maybe in a bit." He was searching his mail, throwing his coat on top of Abe's. He stopped in his steps dropping the rest of the mail but one letter.

To: Quinn

He furiously tore the envelope open, not even registering the impressive belch from Abe, his fingers rabidly unfolding the letter. His face drooped as he read the seven words.

Quinn, I'm sorry. We're through. Don't call

"On second thought, Abe, I'll take a beer..."
Please rate my posts!!!
I love you

Ariah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Actually being in downtown New York was a much different experience than seeing it on television. The noise of the traffic and people moving about made Ace disorientated, like the world was swirling all around him. He stumbled into a coffee shop and looked around hoping that no one saw his rather odd entrance. He was automatically spotted as being “not from here” when moving into his apartment in the Bronx. Was it the slight twang in his voice?

“Excuse sir? What would you like?” the cashier asked.

He shook his head a little recovering from being lost in his thoughts, “Oh I‘m sorry I would like a. . .” he let his voice trial off as he glanced quickly at the menu, hoping to find something to his liking,”. . .a sweet ice tea please.”

After paying for his drink he looked around for a place to sit. Ace saw a guy with a guitar case and a few other belongings and thought it was a good idea to strike up a conversation with him since they both played the guitar.

"Hey, mind if I sit with you?" he asked him.
Last edited by BSX on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BSX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Assistance in the Art section needed.

Skye cracked one eye open to see the sign in front of her. It was the Art section sign. Sighing she sat up and stretched. She had been resting for a few minutes, because of the rush hour from a few minutes earlier. It had her running from the children's section to the adult's section to the manga section, where ever they needed someone really. Now she had to go help some one or else she knew she would get fired. Being the newest person at the job wasn't fun. especially when everyone seemed to be stuck up here. Rubbing one eye and slightly smudging her makeup, she began her journey into the wonderous art section.

"Ok, here we go." She said softly to herself.

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Valkyrie had just given one of the cuter regulars, Mathys, his coffee when she was spoken to by a young man with a very alluring Irish accent. She blushed, and looked to him, nodding. She turned to the counter, and poured him some of what he asked for.

"Black coffee... on the house," she replied, handing it to him. She watched as he went to sit down, and then looked around. No more customers coming in. She sighed slightly, in a small swoon, and turned away.

Dear Diary,
Today I saw that boy as he walked by I thought he smiled at me,
and I wondered

does he know what's in my heart?
I tried to smile, but I could hardly breathe.
Should I tell him how I feel
or would that scare him away?
Diary, tell me what to do,
please tell me what to say.

((Lyrics: 'Dear Diary' by Britney Spears... sorry, but I like her!))

Roselite
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Never one to pass up a free coffee during these times of stress, River winked at the girl and said, "Thanks, Miss." He flashed a brilliant white smile and went to a back corner to sit, still pondering on what took him to New York in the first place. A snippet of song flashed through his mind.

I don't want to live my life today
I'm all out of love and I'm tired of changing.
I hope you could help pass the time away

Is anyone out there
To the heartbreak station
I'm gone

["Helpless" by Buckcherry, almost fitting, but not quite, it just came on my media player and I thought it was good.]

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariah on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:41 am

I'll set traps in your bed timed to explode
to make certain no one ever knows
that I was with you once
never to be again
Park Who is Aliandra?

Abe had left, giving Quinn the space he rightfully needed. He knew this was going to happen. They hardly ever talked. Hmph, how are two supposed to do more than talk when one is in New York and the other France. Even when they did the feeling of vibrancy and love the once had seemed to be slipping, if not gone already.
Quinn laid on the couch, roaring drunk, ash tray full with too many forgotten cigarettes. He was a mess. In a way he had expected this, but now, actually being able to see and touch it, it felt even more wrong, worse than he could have prepared for. He kept staring at the ceiling, his mind absent from everything but her.

He took another slow, long drag, exhaling everything except the feelings he couldn't escape. He pulled the letter up to his face again, re-reading it for what must have been the hundredth time...

Planned out like a chemistry set
A dogfight with no means to eject…
(They never taught us about that)…
I bought the world as a gift,
now it’s too heavy to lift
and that’s exactly how i'll leave it
But this elevation is sick
We can go much higher or lower
Anything is better than this….
Northstar- The Accident Underwater

The next day, with no real destination given to his feet (he was on a small vacation, the next three days off work) he arrived in a small bookstore, not really paying attention to the layout of the store or anything else but his thoughts. He usually loved the smell of fresh pages, the calmness of the bookstore. Today, however, he simply wandered. His feet brought him to a huge mural of a weeping willow, sagging into a cold looking lake, fog encompassing the scene in a gloomy...gloom. He didn't register where he was, the sign clearly labeled Art Section. He just lost himself in the painting, hands in his pockets, one clutching a crumpled piece of paper...

I've been going crazy,
there's nowhere to run
and I'm feeling so hazy.
It's the drugs that I took,
the wine that I drank,
the nights here alone
and my head in the sink.
I need time to myself
back on the sea,
I want nothing more
than for you to be here with me.
Is it wasted alone,
am I wasting away?
Brandtson- The Bottle and The Sea

Ariah
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:12 am

Skye looked up at the man, curiously as he stood there. He seemed intruiged by the book. She took a step forward and cleared her throat.

" The painting was done by the first owner of this store, named James Wyngaets, If that's what you want to know... There's a book for fifteen dollars about him over there," She stated, pointing to the left side of the section at one book that sat alone, "Are you ok though, sir? No one normally looks at that painting... I do, sometimes... but thats for other reasons."

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariah on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:38 am

Quinn absently noticed a girl approach the side of him, a respectfull distance away.

" The painting was done by the first owner of this store, named James Wyngaets, If that's what you want to know... There's a book for fifteen dollars about him over there," She stated, pointing to the left side of the section at one book that sat alone, "Are you ok though, sir? No one normally looks at that painting... I do, sometimes... but thats for other reasons."

He drew himself out of his daze and looked at her fully this time. She was very pretty, and he hated himself for thinking that. Should he hate himself?

"Oh, well...I was actually just...um...haha, I, well...Yes, yes I'm fine, thank you" he hadn't let his mind catch up to his mouth, and was honestly a little intimidated by the sudden approach. This was so unlike him...
"Um, yeah, that sounds great, I'll have to take a look. Sorry for just standing, I bet you get a lot of that."

His stomach gave a mighty growl, he hadn't eaten all day, if he could still eat at all.

Ariah
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:47 am

Skye laughed.

"Naw, I normally get rush hour. No one ever really stands and waits anymore. It kind of sucks, you know? When I first started back in grade 12, I used to talk to all of the costumers. Now everyone's become a white rabbit." She stated, grinning, "If you want some lunch, I'm off in five. I know this place down the block if you want to eat something."

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:57 am

River took to watching the striking girl at the counter when he thought she wasn't looking. He did find her quite attractive, but he didn't want to judge her just by her looks. He sipped his coffee and thought more about settling down here in New York, playing small places like this until he caught his big break. He looked at his guitar in front of him and considered playing it right here in the coffee shop.

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariah on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:08 am

"Um, well..."
Quinn wasn't sure if that was such a good idea, he wasn't exactly in a good shape. He hadn't even showered since yesterday.
Oh my God, I haven't even showered
"...Sure, that'd be fine." He glanced around for a clock, hopefully not enough for her to notice. The last thing he needed was to accidentally put this girl off. "I can't guarantee I'll be much entertainment, I kinda just, well...never mind, its nothing."
God, way to go slick, real charmer.
"How about we meet at that coffee shop downtown?"
He remembered the place from his first few nights out, it was usually busy and had a lot of distractions. Plus it was cheap. Hopefully he could avoid talking too much and get off easy. First things first though, he needed to clean himself up.

Somehow now, he was less occupied with his thoughts of Bianca. Thinking of the name and her face still hurt, but at least he was in the moment, doing something other than wallowing.

Ariah
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:19 am

Valkyrie knew a few more customers just came in. She went to them, putting on a bright, happy smile.
"What can I get for you today?" She asked. The man and woman looked surprise, but told her their orders. She quickly got them, and handed them both their respectable drinks. They paid her- plus a tip. She went and put the money into the register, and then put the tip in her purse. Now, again, no new customers. She stole a glance at the young man with the Irish accent- and their eyes met, for a split second. She began to blush, but smiled a bit. Since there were no more...

"Hey, Joe!" She called to the kitchen. Her boss looked out at her. "I'm going on my break." Her boss nodded. She pulled off her white apron, and walked from the counter. Lightly she walked over to the guy, wanting to strike up a conversation.

"Hi..." She said, slightly breathlessly.

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:30 am

River was silently watching the girl and was surprised when their eyes met for that brief second. He was surprised yet again when she came up to him and greeted him.
River beamed up at her, "'Allo again, Miss. Just why moight some average blue collar guy like meself be graced by this unexpected visit? Feel free to sit down and join me, regardless of the answer." He flashed another dazzling smile and threw his blonde hair back from his face.

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 am

She smiled at his offer, and sat down beside him.
"My name's Valkyrie. Valkyrie Nolan. What's yours?"
She blushed a little bit, and crossed her legs.
"You're a guitar play, apparently?" She asked, looking towards his guitar. "I must say I never was able to play. I'm far better at the piano, or, when I practice, singing. Do you think you could...?"
She knew he'd probably know what she was asking, so she didn't finish the sentence.

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:45 am

River couldn't stop smiling thinking to himself, "Sheesh, don't creep her out, boy."
He unlatched his guitar case and pulled out a beautifully polished left-handed acoustic with nylon strings, settling it on his lap.
"My name's River, Miss, and it's quite a pleasure to make your aquaintance." He strummed a light chord on the guitar, and the nylon strings let out a warm note that carried.
"Don't you just love the warm notes of a nylon stringed acoustic?" He asked, still flashing the dazzling smile.
He began strumming a few chords and sang lightly, "A little lass sits by the lake, wondering if her laddie will ever come home. A laddie, a soldier in his calling, wonders if he'll ever go home..." He trailed off now, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:01 am

She smiled at him telling her his name, and listened to the song, to the guitar. The entire shop was quiet. For even a few moments, the pots seemed to stop whistling. When he was done, she reopened her eyes, and smiled even more.

"That was beautiful. Did you write it?"

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:08 am

“Am I invisible or something?” he thought to himself.

It was clear the guy was interested in making goo-goo eyes at girl than paying him attention. Ace didn’t want to look any more strange standing there fixed in time while the world moved forward. Walking out of the coffee shop he sipped his ice tea as he hummed a current tune.

♪♪Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, gonna be okay, d-d-d-dance
Dance, dance, just, j-j-just dance♪♪

That’s when the light bulb went on. Why not hit the club scene!? New York City was the birthplace of hip hop and salsa after all. He suddenly had a bounce his step anticipating having a good time tonight.

BSX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!