Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Romantic Musical ~The RP~

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Romantic Musical ~The RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:14 am

River seemed to brighten even more at the comment, "That's a song I wrote some time ago, it's not even finished yet..." He strummed another chord and let it carry. "I thank you for your compliment, Miss Valkyrie." He was still smiling the dazzling smile.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:16 am

She couldn't help it. She blushed under his smile.

"Well, how can I not, for something so light and harmonious?"

She leaned back a bit, and crossed her legs again.

"What's your favorite book?" She asked, out of almost nowhere.
But it's like . . . you've got this voice that just makes everything else go away. Singing or otherwise. It brings things down to what you're talking about and makes it . . . well, I dunno what the word is, but it's synonymous with beautiful.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roselite
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 am

River thought deeply about this question, "Oh, I dunno, I've read so many I never liked any one book, I like them all." He placed his guitar back into it's case but left it open, "What about you, Miss Valkyrie?"

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:24 am

She nodded.
"Personally, I like that new book that's out, in the series. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I've liked the series since it came here about three years ago."

She pulled back her hair a little, and then gave a small, laughing sigh.
"Now I've a song stuck in my head," she told him.

Roselite
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:30 am

River winked slyly at her, "Anything I can play for you?" He patted his guitar lightly, "Believe it or not, I sort of make a living for meself out of this." He was thinking about actually truly settling down here, the Valkyrie lass was very nice. But then he thought of his old habits, knowing that he probably would eventually grow restless again.

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 am

"Well... maybe. It's very possible... well, it's a newer one. Nine Days' 'Story of a Girl'? You probably know it..." She began to sing it for him, at least the very beginning.
"This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world. And though she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her, when she smiles."

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:53 am

River smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, Miss Valkyrie, I have no idea. I guess I've been on the road way too much..." He trailed off, sighing deeply at this, thinking of his wander lust and knowing he'd probably never, ever settle down in one place. He hummed a song that reminded him of his current life:
In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway American dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected
and steppin' out over the line
Baby this town rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while we're young
'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

["Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band]

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleakshow on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:18 am

Mathys sighed. Maybe he did need his morning coffee after all, he was thinking more realistically now. There wasn't much to be excited about. He wasn't part of the main staff, so he'd probably end up covering banquets for organization that nobody had ever heard of, as usual.

He wished for something exciting to happen. Maybe if someone got shot right outside the coffee shop. That would be a front page story. The tragic, gory ones always were.

Cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be

Like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used a poison in his tea
And kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story.

He never got to do the exciting stories. He'd written a few while freelancing, but they hadn't worked out. It hadn't been because of the article itself, but because of his timing. Newspapers wanted to get everything as quick as possible, and they would buy the first available story, which usually wasn't his.

(Song: Vicarious - Tool)

Bleakshow
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 am

Skye nodded, grinning.

"Yeah! That sounds great. Anyways, I'd better go do my job before I get fired. Have fun with the picture." She said, smiling sweetly.

Assistance needed in the children's section

"Oh, that's me. Bye!" She said as she dashed off.

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Chloe sat in her usual coffee shop spot, sipping her coffee while working on her sketch book. Normally, she sat in there because it relaxed her to have so many bustling people around. Ironic as it was, the noise helped her think. Today however, she was coming up on a blank. Nothing at all seemed to spark, and it couldn’t have come at a worse time! She had to have her comic done before her next shift at the bar started tonight! If she could pull something great of her head she just might have a shot at a fully time gig. It was just a small newspaper, but it was still a start! She drummed her pen to the beat of one of her favourite songs (“Takein’ Care of Business) and hummed along as she tried the sketch a somewhat funny cartoon.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:11 pm

She nodded, and leaned back, thinking. He was a rocker, so did she know any songs like that?...of course she did.

"Have you heard of Pearl Jam?" She asked, absent-mindedly. "I rather like their song 'Black'. It's heartbreakingly beautiful."

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Goodbye yesterday's rags, hello high fashion.
A warm, comforting breeze found its way to meet the bronze skin belonging to none other than Charlie Trevino, her hands shoved in her jean pockets, a coy smile plastered on her face as usual. Just another ordinary day, walking down to the comic book store 'Crash!', searching for anything to sidetrack her from going to the damn place. Her sorrel eyes lurked at anything even seemingly interesting as she prayed something, anything, could stop her in her tracks.
But now I'm sitting lovely off in Wonderland with Alice, with purple people passing me at the caterpillar's chalace.
A small, 'cutesy' some middle aged woman would say, cafe caught her gaze as Charlie took a catious step in the door, allowing her eyes to adjust to the new situation.
"Yo." she said half-heartedly, her eyes half hooded as she strode to the service counter. "You got anything good here, or should I just be getting along?"
Don't let the TV mislead you, me and you, dude, we are not equal.

A satisfied groan escaped thin lips as warm liquid seeped its way between his lips. "Hey, what's up?" he shrugged, setting his coffee down on a kitchen counter as children's voices filtered in as he swung the front door to the group home open.
It's all part of the game, it's the just the same old thing with a different name.
Several different voices chimed in greeting as the tall man pushed the door to a close, brushing his hand over a boy's head to get past the wave of children and to his employer, flashing a grin.
"Sorry I'm late..." he muttered, brushing the back of his neck with the palm of his hand. "I caught some traffic and...whatever. What're we doing today, anyway?"
You can try to drown the pain, but we both swim too well to submerge ourselves.
The older woman rolled her cerulian eyes and passed his coffee back to him before reahcing out to open the door again. "It's your day off, idiot. Get outta here, Wyatt." she said in mock anger.
"Eh, you got me. Just trying to fit in more hours for this week. Later, Karol." the last half of the statement was partially incoherent as the man stepped outside and gave a hesitant glance around the area. 'Where the hell am I gonna...?' his thought was cut off by the sight of a little book store nearby, unreasonably close to drive there. His tall, denim sheltered legs took a few swift movements as he jogged toward the store, sliding open the door as a certain graphic novel caught his ever wandering eye.

ooc//
Good enough for an intro?
Heh. ^^'
Songs used:
Peace Sign, Index Down ~ Gym Class Heroes
Coming Clean ~ Gym Class Heroes

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariah on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 pm

After a somewhat awkward departure from the bookstore, Quinn raced home and showered quickly, brushing his teeth and trying to fix his hair all at the same time. It only took about 15 minutes in all, and he'd hoped it was just enough time for....
Oh crap! I didn't even ask her name!
Cursing his stupidity, he ran back to the bookstore's entrance, coming to a slow halt right outside the entrance, looking inside the building and around, hoping he hadn't missed her. The last thing he needed was another girl hating him for reason unbeknown to him.

For a few minutes he looked around, absently taking in the honks and bits of passing conversation the city supplied.
Please rate my posts!!!
I love you

Ariah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:04 pm

He had finished his tea buy now, as he tried to figure out the transit map. Finding Morris Park he follow the line until it came close to his current position.

“I don‘t remember taking 2 different transit to get here,” he sighed.

After paying his fare, Ace waited for the first transit to come and tossed his empty cup in a near by trash bin. He made a mental list of things he needed to do when he got back to his apartment, but his mind was more concerned about going out. The transit screeched to a halt and the brightly colored graffiti doors open. Stepping inside he took a seat in the middle of row facing the wall.

♪♪He’s been waiting around for the weekend
Figuring which club to sneak in
Fancy drinks and fifty-dollar cover charge
Lately it’s been a big hassle, Heineken and New Castle
So make sure he’s fitting in and living large
Disregard the lies that he will tell and what he’s probably like 'cause It's not hard his charm is gonna Get him through the night ♪♪

Finally making it to the station, Ace walked up the stairs onto the street. A police car rushed by with its sirens blazing. Walking a short distance to his apartment he saw a group of girls playing Double Dutch in the street. The night was calling as the sun began to set, as he took a quick glance out the small window in the stair well. Opening the door to his apartment he flicked on the light switch, rather than get ready he had decided to relax a bit. Taking his acoustic guitar out of it’s case, he began to strummed a few chords as he sat on the couch.

♪♪ If he wanna to rock he rocks, If he wanna to roll he rolls
He can roll with the punches, Long as he feels like he’s in control
If he wanna to stay he stays, If he wanna to go he goes
He doesn’t care how he gets there, Long as he gets somewhere he knows oh no
ah na na na na na na na na na na na
ah na na na na na na na na na na na ♪♪

*Eric Hutchinson - Rock & Roll*

BSX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:48 pm

After finally finishing her comic, she dropped it off to be judged at the newspaper office, and decided to take a walk to calm her nerves. As she walked aimlessly down the streets, she came across a bookstore she’d not seen before, and as she had at least an hour before her next shift, so she decided to check it out. She was immediately drawn to the comic section, and pulled out an album of her favourite comic series (Calvin and Hobbs).

Reading some of the pages of her favourite daydreaming 10 year old, she let out a bit of an unladylike snort as Calvin zapped the gorgon with his ray gun (which in reality was the annoying neighbour girl and a water balloon). She remembered at times it was Calvin and Hobbs that got her through the day and it was definitely the reason she wanted to be a cartoon artist.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Wyatt had to allow his guard to drop as he laughed heartily at this...woman's laugh. "What was that?" he sputtered, giving an awkward glance at the girl.
He hadn't meant to 'check her out', but she did appear to be...acceptable. The man mentally kicked himself for the thought, he wasn't a pervert...was he? The chocolate haired man allowed another chuckle rack his body as he set down the book that had so intrigued him when he had first entered the store.
Where it's at...
"What's up? I'm Wyatt..." he nearly whispered in that raspy, gravel-like voice. It was wierd for him to be so social with people he didn't know, perhaps it was just for the hell of it. It wasn't like his life was going anywhere anyway. "What's your name?"
I know karma's coming to pay me back.

Heartbreaker ~ Will.i.am

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Skye stepped back into the store, about to exit in her regular clothes when she spotted the boy from earlier. She laughed and walked up, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked, grinning.

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Chloe flushed slightly as someone commented upon her laugh, and looked up from her book to reply the man who’d said it. “Oh like you’ve never snorted before. Besides Calvin and Hobbes are worth it.” She said grinning. He said his name was Wyatt, and asked for her name. He didn’t look drunk (which was a nice improvement to the drunks at the Club she worked at) so she decided there wasn’t any harm in it. Besides, he was kind of cute.

“I’m Chloe striving cartoon artist extraordinaire.” She said with a laugh in her voice as she did a little mock bow. She noticed the book in his hand.

“Is that you’re usually book type?” She asked to start up conversation

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariah on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Soon enough he found what he was looking for, or rather she found him.
A tap on the back made him spin around, his eyes falling on the girl from before, but not...

She had changed out of her work uniform, which wasn't really so bad on her in the first place, but in her own cloths, she seemed to draw more to herself. Her features were defiantly more noticeable.

Her laugh was nice, not harsh and forced like Bianca's. Although Quinn still had her on his mind, it was a different approach now. Not so much loathing anymore, it now was more panned with hate and retaliation for the unknown.

He quickly wiped that from his mind and he met her gaze fully.
"Hey." he smiled a genuine smile, the first in a the last few days. "Sorry if I kept you waiting, something came up."
He didn't like telling her the lie, even if it was a half truth. That not how he wanted to start this. "So, um, yeah, there is this small little coffee shop of sorts, but they have some good food as well. Its pretty cheap to boot."

He fiddled with his hair, trying to mess it up, he was sure it was still a little damp from the shower. At least he was wearing something a little more decent than the dirty rags he had been in when they last talked, that was good.

"Sound good?"

Ariah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:22 pm

A shiver navigated its way down Wyatt's spine as the girl asked him his favorite preference. Somehow, his large palm had found itself, once again, on the back of his neck as he gave the previous book a quick glance. "Not really my thing. It just looked interesting when I came in...I don't usually read books that aren't mystery or murder stories, you know?" he took a pause to think about his remark, "Sorry, I probably sound like some crazed stalker, eh? ...So you said you want to be an artist? That's cool, if that's your thing. I don't really know what I'm gonna do with my life, I pretty much belong at the group home down the street."
I hurt the sweetest thing that's on the map, I broke her heart in thirty seconds flat.
Small talk. The epitome of awkward situation. Wyatt would never have seen himself in five trillion years 'flirting' with a cute girl he met in a book store. 'Wait, cute? Jesus, where has the sanity gone?'
I'm so, so, so sorry. I didn't mean to break your heart...
The sorrel haired adult marveled at his undecidedly unfortunate luck, and sudden personality change. He'd gone from sneaking into work for more hours with the children, to hitting on some young girl in a book store. Okay, that made him sound more like a pedophile than a failure, but it's all the same.
I'm a heartbreaker, I'm a heartbreaker. I'm a heart, heart, heart, heartbreaker.

Once again...
Heartbreaker ~ Will.i.am

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!