Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RPA Announces First Group Class Signups

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Re: RPA Announces First Group Class Signups

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Poofle on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:49 am

Can I still join, please? OuO I'e always wanted to improve my RP proficiency, somehow. XD THIS SOUNDS EXCITING >w<
Dear Shooting Star,

If I ever see you one day and you happen to really grant wishes, please please PLEASE make me a kid forever and magic me away to an enchanted forest with all the amazing pretty scenery and animals and insects and faeries and sprites and stuff! <3

Love,

Me

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Poofle
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renssaerene on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:40 am

Sure! Just be here on time and we'll get you into the chat channel. You have to be in the Multiverse, on RPG Chat, for us to see you. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Renssaerene
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby manged on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Is it okay to just watch and not participate. This sounds like it'd be interesting but IDK if I could commit.
Currently Seeking Characters: http://st-digna-rpg.livejournal.com/
Will you survive a night in the Unholy City?

manged
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby manged on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Did I miss the chat? Can I still join?

manged
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renssaerene on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Hey there!

We did have our session tonight, but you are always welcome next week. Our homework was to post a character in the Character Thread I linked to a few posts back. Just take the Template and fill it in. The only limit is no powers, as this is a realistic setting, and you cannot work for the Cafe. :)

Renssaerene
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby manged on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Alrighty. I think I can create a character for next week.

Also, if it isn't too much to ask, can somebody give me a brief run down of what you all went over? I just want to make sure I miss any major points and end up ruining it for everyone! ;)

manged
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Optimalist on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:21 am

Will the class schedule be regular? :)

Optimalist
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renssaerene on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 am

Yes! Unless someone needs it changed, expect to meet at the same time every Saturday. :)

Renssaerene
Member for 14 years

RPA Class **Time Change**

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renssaerene on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Hey there guys!

Due to a staff meeting, the RPA class will be moved one hour back. This means that it will be at 7PM (PST), 10PM (EST), 9 (CST).

Sorry for any inconvenience, we hope to see you there!

Renssaerene
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:25 pm

No one ever likes MST D:

Lyn makes Lilaiy think hurrrd.

;)

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Okay everyone! the first post of the official class roleplay is up, and can be found here.

Everyone can do their character intro posts now, but remember not to get too much further than the cafe itself. We'll be working on character interaction in the near future here, so we'll save that for next week. There are no length requirements or restrictions; write what you feel you need to to get the job done. We'll be switching feedback this week, so if you got a character-based PM from Lyn last week, I'll be contacting you this time, and vice versa.

Have fun with it!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laiyx on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:46 am

Hm, I couldn't figure out how to private message you. I was wondering whether it would be too late to join the class, although you're already a week in.

Laiyx
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby manged on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:17 pm

So, I take it the course is over due to inactivity? Disappointing because I was looking forward to continuing. Welp... fun while it lasted.

manged
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:38 pm

This is the official announcement:

Due to a lack of continued interest, the RPA group class is closed and cancelled.

For those of you who still wish to receive mentoring on this point, I would be happy to take any of you on as one-on-one students, and you need only PM me. Otherwise, you can request a different Mentor through the appropriate thread in the RPA section of the forums.

Best of luck to all of you, and I hope that you managed to get something beneficial out of the class, however brief it was.

-Kiku

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!