Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Runaway - IC

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Runaway - IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:38 pm

He scowled at her question. "Yeah, I do mind!"
Instantly, he felt horrible at yelling at her like he did. That hit a nerve, and he wished he could take it back. He just...snapped sometimes. "Sorry," he mumbled, looking up at her worridley in apology. "I didn't mean-"

Then he stopped talking, and thought really hard. He shut his eyes tightly for a second, trying to find the right words. Looking at her then, he said, "See this scar on my right arm? One near my elbow to my wrist?" He looked at her seriously, no smile on his face. The cat brushed against his arm, but he ignored it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby simi on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Lily sat up in bed, getting a sudden feeling of deja vu. She'd fallen asleep again! She must have stayed up far too late with Kyree. They were fooling around, as was usual on weekends.
There was a lot of commotion outside of her room, which meant she'd missed breakfast most likely. That, or everyone was still eating.
Her clock said it was still half past nine. No doubt Justin had gotten everyone up and fed already.
Lily dressed quickly in a pair of jeans and the shirt that was nearest to her. After pulling her long brown hair in a plait, she left her room.
The living room was a bit of a mess. The coffee table, which was also the table they ate off of (they could hardly call it a dining room table as they didn't have a dining room) still had a bit of food left. Lily snagged an apple and sat next to Keith, who was laying on the couch with Kyree.
She hadn't gotten a good look at the kid last night, she was too exhausted. Instead, she'd sent him to the last spare room in the house, which was on the first level.
Their sector had gotten little warning. Headquarters had said there was a new boy, and Lily had signed up right away. Justin needed a companion. But it looked like he was getting along with Kyree swimmingly.
So Lily stood up and went to help Justin with the rest of the cleaning. Generally, the entire family cleaned up after themselves with no problem. But Lily wouldn't complain about cleaning up the scraps.
"Hey Justin." Lily smiled up at him. She hated to admit it, even to herself, but she'd had a small crush on him for at least a year now. She'd known him for the longest time. But she also knew that not only was their age too far apart, but he would never like her that way. There wasn't much that was appealing about her.
She was too skinny, had a very plain structure, and had a mood and personality that changed not of her own violation. She was sixteen, turning seventeen in a week. And Justin was nineteen, though she wasn't sure exactly when his birthday was. Not that it mattered.
It was false hope. As if.
"So how's the morning been? Sorry I slept in. Didn't mean to. Is anyone making plans, or are we lounging around and getting to know Keith?"
Don't tell me the sky is the limit when I've seen footprints on the moon.
You! -pokes- Go look at my short story! -gestures to above link-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

simi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:05 am

Kyree nodded in answer to Keith's question about his scar. She was a little hurt that he had yelled at her but she didn't let it show. She looked up at Lily. "Hey sleepy-head you passed out before me last night but don't worry I passed out like 4 minutes after you did. And I have no plans so far how about you?" she asked Lily. Kyree looked back at Keith waiting for him to finish what he was saying before Lily sat down beside them.
Take the knife and twist it.
Where's my heart? You missed it.
And you know I don't wanna die,
But baby you insist it.
Breathing is a luxury that I just shouldn't have.
My heart just keeps on beating, and it's more then you can stand.

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby My Life Is Yours on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:11 am

Andrea had made the phone call into work and wasn't happy at all. They weren't going to let her work Saturday's anymore. "Damnit." She muttered as she sank down on the foot of her bed and rubbed her temples. She sat there for nearly fifteen minutes, thinking about anything and everything that popped into her head before she decided to get her butt moving.

She picked up her room because it was starting to look like a tornado had passed through, and then checked her emails before heading back out to see what everybody was up to. As soon as she walked into the living room, she saw Keith point out a large scar on his arm to Kyree. Her heart went out to him. She didn't have a clue if he had been in an accident, if his family was abusive, or even if he had surgery at some point in time. But whatever had happened, that was a really big scar and she didn't think it could have been good.

There was tension between Kyree and Keith. Kyree hid the hurt well, but Andrea could still see it in her eyes and Keith, well he even looked like he might be a little angry with Kyree. She decided that she would diffuse the situation and as she walked past the two, she lifted up the right side of her shirt, revealing a scar that started just below her bra and ran all the way down her side, dissapearing beneath her shorts. "Crazy brother. What's your story?" It was extremely rare for Andrea to talk about her past. In fact, the only person she'd ever talked to it about around here was Justin, but she felt compelled to try and break some of the tension in the room.

My Life Is Yours
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:44 am

Sarah yawned as she strecthed and sat up in her bed, clutching Momo against her small frame. She heard everyone downstairs, meaning Justin must have already woken them up. Somehow she must have gotten by with not getting up with the crowd. She wondered why, but she always assumed it was because she was one of the youngest. The thought would never occur to her that it was because she never talked. She had never said a word in her life, for that matter.

Sarah got out of bed and walked out the door, her faded white night gown fluttering around her. She wondered what the big kids were doing, especially Justin and Lily. She saw them as her parents, even though they really weren't.

She walked into the room, and stood in the doorway, looking around at everyone. Sarah noticed the new boy, Keith. He had been nice to her yesterday, even though he had only seen her for a little while before Justin made her go to bed.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby simi on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 am

"Sorry Kyree." Lily replied with a smile. "My exhaustion just hit me so I crashed. We should do that again, though. We'll grab some movies from work before we do, though."
Lily worked at the local Blockbuster and got deals on all of the new movies. Speaking of which, she had work this afternoon. "Hey Ky? I do have something to do later. I have work at eight tonight. I get off at midnight. I'll bring a movie and an energy drink and we can stay up again. How's that sound?"
There was a sound by the door and Lily looked up to see Sara as she appeared from the first floor.
"Hey there." Lily smiled and her voice softened. Sara was the youngest and Lily had a soft spot for her. "How are you this morning? Did you sleep well? You slept awful late." She didn't expect an answer, but she did expect a hug. She held out her arms to pick up the small, thin girl.

simi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 pm

"That's fine." Kyree said getting up. "I'll be in my room." she said and started walking towards the stairs, "Morning Sara." Kyree said patting the small girl on the top of her head before going upstairs to her room where she closes her door. She made her bed and then changed into jeans and a shirt that has Pikachu on the front. She sat down at her desk and turned her laptop on, while she waited for it to load she walked over to her window and opened it to let some air in the room then walked back to her desk and sat down and clicked on Internet Explorer.

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Sarah smiled at Kyree before running up to Lily carrying Momo, and wrapping her small arms around the bigger girl. She was happy to see Lily... She had to work way too much, and some mornings Sarah woke up at Lily wasn't even there.

She wrapped her arms tightly around Lily, being careful not to drop her bunny stuffed animal. She had had Momo since Lily had found her abandoned. It was the only thing she had from her past life.

Sarah wished she could answer Lily's questions with words, but she couldn't. She had never spoken, but she wished she could just so she could answer Lily.

Sarah looked around at everyone, recognizing them all immediately. She gave Keith a shy wave, before ducking her head into Lily so he couldn't see her.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Kyree sighed and got offline and sat down on her bed. She ran her hands through her hair was still matted. She shook her head and then grabbed her brush and the spray bottle full of water. She sprayed some on her hair and then began brushing it. She kept spraying and brushing for about 30 minutes before it was untangled and straight. Sighing she put her brush down and shook her head again messing it up a little and then grabbed her guitar. She sat on her bed and began playing quietly.

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paige394 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:27 pm

OOC: Wow I am a little behind xD

After having a delicious waffle breakfast, Nancy sat down on a couch, listening to everyone talking.
She closed her eyes, dozing off a bit.

Suddenly she jolted awake.
Have I been asleep? She thought, Weird. I usually never do that.
She looked around saw Keith, the new kid.
She waved kindly, and then yawned, wondering what they were going to do today (if out of the ordinary).

paige394
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby simi on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Lily lifted Sara into her arms easily. The little girl was so small.
She looked around the room and took everyone in. Kyree had left, probably to go down to her room. Andrea had also left, but she'd gone to her room, which was just down the hall from the living room. Nancy was dosing, and Keith looked a little alone on the couch.
"Why don't we go downstairs and brush through this messy hair of yours." Lily ran a hand through Sara's beautiful hair that was messy from sleeping. They could also go see if Kyree wanted to play foosball or something else in the rec-room. "How's that sound?"

simi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:36 pm

((Holy crap- I was gone for the night and most of the day- and all of this popped up (the posts) I'm sorry!!))

He had taken too long to respond to Kyree. Was she hurt by how he snapped at her? She had felt the room, but was it because of him?

Keith saw the little girl wave at him, and he gave her a small smile, remembering her from the night earlier, she seemed nice.
"Shit-" he murmured, knowing he should go speak to Kyree. He got up, and trudged to her room, his hands in his pockets, his head hung low.
When he got there, he knocked on her door, wondering if she would answer him. He put his ear to the door, and he could hear the music.
"Kyree?" he called, knocking three times, hesitatingly.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Kyree stopped playing and got up. She sat her guitar down and walked over to the door opening it a little. "Yes?" she asked not opening it all the way but enough so she could tell it was Keith .

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:50 pm

He frowned, seeing how far she opened the door. Keith figured she hated him now- no suprise.
"I'm sorry for snapping at you like that-" he said, his frown disappeared, as he stared at her, at loss for words.
He was actually sorry, something he thought that he had supressed. Kyree- he had only known her for a few hours at the most, but he didn't want to mess up talking to her more than he already did.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Kyree stepped back opening her door allowing him to come in. "Come in and sit down. I want to hear about your story that you were going to tell me..about your scar." Kyree said going back to her bed and sitting down. "Just shut the door when you come in." she added bringing her feet up to sit criss-cross.

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:06 pm

He nodded, slightly bewildered. So she didn't hate him, and he was already trying to rack his mind for the words that would explain everything, in the shortest way possible.

Keith sat down on the bed next to her, but that felt wierd, so he sat on the floor, his back against the edge of it. "My scar. I got it from a car accident." He tried to keep his voice steady, looking out in front of him, instead of looking at her face as he spoke. "I was with my foster family. They got into a crash, I was with them, and they you know- died. I got the scar, thats how. They actually seemed like fricken family, but not now, I mean, they're dead. Their lives are worth more." He then looked at his hands that were folded in his lap. "Or at least it's like that. Long story short- I guess."

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Kyree sat down next to him and instantly hugged him but pulled back just as fast. "I'm sorry to hear that. That must have been hard for you. I wouldn't know since I never lived in a foster home as much as I would have..I didn't..my mom died when I was younger and my dad was an alcoholic and would beat my sister and me..she finally told me to runaway to get away from our father and that she would find me one day and we'd move into a house and it would just be me and her...that was 4 years ago and I haven't seen or heard from her in forever." Kyree said not looking at him. She felt tightness in her throat which meant she was about to cry. She was very sensetive and the smallest things would upset her or anger her depending on what it was.

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 pm

She had hugged, him, and his ears turned red. He listened to her speak, carefully, trying to remember all the things that she had said, because he wanted to know.
"I wish you could see her again," he mumbled, and noticed how she wasn't looking at him. Before he could even register what he was doing, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. "I'm sad for you," he murmured, knowing that pity was the worse thing, but he understood somewhat of how she felt. Letting go of her, he watched her carefully.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby My Life Is Yours on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Andrea sighed and went out in search of Justin. She had nothing to do today because her job had changed her work schedule, so she figured she would find out if Justin wanted her to help out with anything. She was the second oldest in their sector and felt like it was kind of her responsibility to help out. "Hey Justin! Are you in your room?" She called as she headed upstairs towards his bedroom.

She really just wanted to talk. Andrea had started having nightmares again, very similar to the ones that she had been having when she first came here, and those combined with her insomnia was resulting in very little to no sleep every night. Justin was the only person she felt she could talk to. The only person that really understood her, and she was more than grateful to have him around.

My Life Is Yours
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 pm

When he let go of her Kyree looked down at her floor. "I wish I could see her again too but Justin would never let me." she said quietly and then felt tears coming down her face. She couldn't hold it in anymore and began crying. She looked up at her ceiling as more tears came out. She looked back down and closed her eyes still crying. She hoped Keith didn't notice.

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!