Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadow Slayers -IC-

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Shadow Slayers -IC-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Raven laughed a little at her. He winced and began to turn his back toward her. "Oh, well, it seems I've got two knives lodged in my back, doc" he said, grinning, "I have no idea how they got there." He enjoyed talking this way with his partner, having a good relationship between the two of them.

"So, did you have you leave work early, or was your shift over?" he asked, glancing back at her. He winced afterwards, turning his head back to the floor. The pain of the knives was starting to get worse, and he was stupid not to remove it by now. It would probably better than letting himself bleed out though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falling
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Faye rolled her eyes and then grinned under the mask and saw the blades in his back. "Ara.Ara. This will hurt Rave'.." She said in a playful tone and then gripped the blades and yanked both of them out in a split second. She eyed the blood that poured out of his back and her eyes glowed a little. "Ya' know if I had no self control I would drain ya'.." She said in a bored tone and then heard him ask if she got off work or was in the middle of it. "My shift was over..." She mumbled a little and then put the device over his wounds and a light poured out of it and healed his wounds. His wounds on his back healed and then she poked him in the back. "Your fixed..got any other wounds..?" She said in a playful tone and then grinned.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Raven winced and bit his lips as she wrenched the knives from his back. He let out a few deep breaths as he began to bleed, the stinging pain filling his back. "I'm so glad you're not blood crazed like some of the vampires around Juubun" he muttered. He felt the pain dissapate as his wounds were closed. "Well, I'm glad that's over" he muttered, removing his mask. He ran a hand through his hair and looked over to her. "Hm, maybe" he said, his voice getting quiet. He then put his face really close to Faye's grinning a little.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Faye saw Raven put his face really close to her and a blush covered her whole face. She took the machine and shoved it into his mouth and then stood up and dusted herself off. "Pervert..." She was still blushing and the blush went all the way up to her ears. She sighed and then looked down at Raven and pulled him up and took the machine out of his mouth and grimaced. "Eww..." She put the machine back into her hoverboard and then took off her mask and smelled the air. "Hm...you fought a shadow being..?" She was back to normal and her eyes looked around the store. "We need a clean up crew..." She mumbled and then itched her cat ears that were twitching and her tail wrapped around her lower leg.

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Raven nearly gagged at the taste of the machine. He was about to spit it out when Faye took it out. When she took off her mask, he saw her blushing. He grinned a little, listening to her question. "Yeah, I did" he replied. He looked around at the demolished store. "Well, I'll call them in, we also need a memory wipe for my boss" he explained, lifting his phone to his ear. "Yeah, we need a clean up crew to Albert's Discout Videos. East side of Juubun" he said, closing his phone and shoving it in bag.

He watched her tail wrap around her leg. He gave it a quick tap with his leg and laughed. Smiling, he jumped behind the counter, he opened the safe and pulled out the CD player, sticking it in his bag. He sighed. "Can you help me pick up my stuff?" he asked, looking over to Faye.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:46 pm

Faye pushed a button on the hoverboard and it folded into a small box and she shoved it into her pocket. She watched as he tapped her tail with his foot and she blushed and squeaked. "Hey ass watch what you tap..my friggen tail is sensitive.." She mumbled the last part and then grabbed her tail and hugged it.

She watched as he opened the safe and pulled out a CD player and stuck it in his bag. She shrugged when Raven asked her if she could help him pick up his stuff and she walked over to the safe and pulled out some of his stuff and put it on the counter.

A few minutes later a flash of light appeared in the center of the store and a team walked out from the light and were fully suited up in black clothes. She waved to them and then walked over and explained what happened. A man walked over to Raven's boss and did a memory swipe and then the rest of the people started cleaning up the store.

She turned to Raven and sat on the counter and looked at him. "They said that they are going to clean up the store and that we should leave soon.."

She pulled out her cell phone and looked at the time. "It is going to be dark soon..." She said out loud and then looked at Raven and grinned.

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xerox on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Vicente had gotten over the numbness in his body after about fifteen minutes and he laughed coldly, it echoing throughout the store, Vicente transformed into a human again and appeared in front of the girl that Raven called Faye and grabbed her by the shoulder and laughed again and then said "Yes...yes it will be dark soon.." Vicente dissapeared and a soft laugh echoed through the store and was shortly followed by silence.

Vicente slithered as a shadow through the exit door in the back of the store and waited for Raven and Faye to leave so that he could follow them.

Xerox
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Faye hissed when she heard the laugh that echoed through the store. She saw someone appear in front of her and she hissed when he grabbed her shoulders. She showed her fangs and was about to use her power called "Shadow Destroyer" and then heard him say that it would be dark soon and as soon as she tried to punch him he dissapeared. She heard his soft laugh and then the silence followed. Her eyes glowed a blood red and her fangs were sticking out of her mouth. "Fucking Shadow Being.." She hissed in anger and her ears were still flat against her head and her tail was swaying from side to side in anger.

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xerox on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:35 pm

(You know I picture my laugh like Mecavity's from the CATS musical.)

Vicente was just too excited, he was going to follow new prey along with the Raven boy, it was almost overwhelming. "If anybody kills them before I do, they will pay." Vicente said calmly. He saw civillians across the street and he snickered at how clueless they were and how frail their bodies must be.

He yet again waited for Raven and Faye to walk out of teh store and provide him with some more fun.

Xerox
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Raven sighed watching the shadow being threaten them. He patted Faye's shoulder. "Calm down, he's gone" he said, "we'll see him later." He pinched her ear, rubbing it. He'd hope this would calm her down. He looked around, watching the Clean Up team begin fixing everything. "Well, come on, let's get out of here" Raven said, turning toward the counter and shoving his stuff in his bag. He set the mask against his face, and soon after he did, the outfit that was so tight against his skin disappeared.

"Alright, let's go out the back door" he said, gesturing for her to follow him. He looked at her and gave her tail a quick pinch too. Man, I hate when she's feral, Raven thought.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Faye sighed when Raven pat her shoulder and told her to calm down. She purred when Raven pinched her ear and was rubbing it. She watched as the very tight clothes that were on him dissapear and his clothes went back to normal. She squeaked when Raven gave her tail a quick pinch and then hugged her tail. "Meanie.." She wined and then grabbed her mask and hung it around her neck and it hung down low. She followed them out of the back door and looked around.

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xerox on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:58 pm

"Come on, come on.." Vicente was getting very eager and his eyes were set on the door leading into the store, they turned a pure white and he smiled his canines showing.

Xerox
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:09 pm

XianEvermor wrote:Did she see me? She looked straight at me... No. She looked straight through me. Now that I play it back in my mind I notice the minute movements in her eyes that suggests she was searching for something rather than looking at an object in plain sight. I was right though, she felt it. She felt me there that much is clear.

The girl was still alive: Body functioning, soul vacant. At least until Z'har did something about it. He could satisfy his hunger and consume the essence of life that was sending pulsing waves of warmth up his arm and let the comatose but breathing girl on the couch in the bookstore die... or he could hang onto it for leverage later. The right leverage could turn the tide of a fight in his favor. Z'har watched the whole scene carefully, making sure he kept his line of sight to the right people before he made any moves.

The crowd had more or less dispersed after being placated by the hunter he'd finally identified, who'd brought the girl and her friend inside to "rest." Z'har was careful to keep line of sight to the right people to the whole ordeal and kept his presence hidden as he moved away from the bookstore. He produced a rough hewn crystal from one of his pockets and held the soul to it. After a few moments the crystal began to glow warmly and he draped it around his neck. It was a rare crystal found deep underground in the shadow realm called Nexus and was rumored to hold mystical powers.

Well, the rumors aren't entirely false... Nexus crystals have a strong ability to absorb and preserve energy of a particular wavelength. While a human soul varies from person to person in type and intensity, the overall wavelength is largely the same. The main difference is in humans and other beings that display supernatural powers: Their body draws on the energy pent up between the peaks and valleys of the wave to generate power. Generally, the stronger the powers a being is able to display, the larger the wavelength of their soul. There are exceptions, of course, but in most of the instances Z'har had observed this general rule held true.

All that was left to do now was find a nice place to wait for his quarry to come out and play. By pressing his influence against the street around him he was able to mantle up a wall and kick off to a lamp post relatively unseen. He climbed to the top and jumped lazily across the gap over the sidewalk to a narrow ledge over a coffee shop awning where he was able to grab a hold of the roof's edge with his fingertips with a careful jump and pull himself up. He sighed as he eased himself over, wondering what it was like to be able to walk straight up a wall and not have to worry about a common nuisance like gravity.

Guess I'll have to ask Spirit about that later.

Z'har moved to double back, running to get the momentum for his jump to the adjacent building just right. He moved to a building across the street where he could observe the bookstore in relative privacy by making himself invisible to the general populace. Not knowing how far she was able to sense him from could be a problem, though he didn't necessarily want to be outside of her sphere of influence at this point: he wanted to be on the very edge of it so that she could still vaguely feel him there but couldn't pinpoint his location. This was better, especially now that he'd identified her as a hunter, or at least as someone who was aware of his presence. From this position he'd have a good vantage to watch her leave when her shift ended, and also be in the perfect position to flank.

Arved Heinrichsen's queen's knight attack. Yes I think that's the perfect opening move... now do you advance your king's pawn to the front without support, or play for early command of the center by sending your other pawn forth with support from the queen? No... I think you want me all to yourself... I don't think you'll call for backup at all.

Black's move... I'm waiting.

Murasaki help the girls and saw the one in the couch not making progress at all she couldn't do anything at the moment to help this poor girl and felt a ping of angry and sadness inside her. She walked over to the other girl,the friend, and asked for a home phone number to call the parents to inform them their daughter was going to the hospital. Once she did that she called the hospital and an ambulance was sent and took the poor girl away and the friend went with her, Murasaki felt sadness engulf her "hope she'll be fine...Our eyes may see some uncleanliness, but let not our mind see things that are not clean. Our ears may hear some uncleanliness, but let not our mind hear things that are not clean..." she whispered sadly, a shinto prayer she learned long ago from the priestess of Kyoto. Murasaki closed the door and went back to her job but very unfocus she felt that Shadow beings presence and it made her mad she couldn't do anything. "Close the shop early today Murasaki...I can't really handle you with all this angry in you, you are giving me some pain you know?" Tactia said sadly, it was true what every Murasaki felt it would result in Tacita feeling some sort of pain or feel it to, angry was felt in pain."sorry..." Murasaki muttered still angry, she took Tacita's words to acceptance, she went to the door of the store and closed it, I'm sure Mr. Horishima will understand she thought calmly and then went in the bookstore and into a room, she came out changed in her hunter uniform, she calmly put on her visor "okay let's go..." she said emotionless to Tacita, it was already dark anyways waiting for midnight would have aggrieved Murasaki even more, but now at night she wasn't Murasaki Bara but Rider.

Rider went through the back and jumped up to the roof of the bookstore and ran in quick speed on the other roof tops, all you could really see was a purple glow strike as she ran, Rider appeared at the side of a building near where the Shadow Being was sitting as it looked "Ready to die?" she said coldly spine chilling to him. She was mad no not mad furious at what this being had done to that poor girl, her angry at that also reflected the angry she had for every Shadow Being since her little twin sisters got killed by them.
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:52 am

As Raven was leaving, he grabbed his whip from the ground and gave it a quick snap, it turning back into a staff. He pressed in a button in the middle and it pulled itself inward, making it more compact. He put it into his bag and opened the back door turned a sharp right, pulling himself onto a ladder. "Alright, I'm guessing the Shadow Being is waiting for us nearby, so we need to surprise him somehow" he explained, "I'm gonna begin to run this way, and I want you to go the opposite way. When he begins to follow one of us, contact the other and tell them to come to your aid." He stopped talking and sighed.

"Okay, does that make any sense?" Raven asked, looking at her with an odd look. He pulled himself up the ladder on the wall by thee rungs at a time. He looked down at Faye with a smile. "So, we have a plan?" he asked, one last time.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:24 am

Faye watched as Raven turned his whip into a staff and then made it smaller and put it into his bag. She watched as Raven climbed up the ladder and listened to what he said about going the opposite way and something about the shadow being. She nodded and then crouched down and her cat ears twitched and her tail swayed from side to side. She jumped up and landed on the roof that was opposite of Raven and was sitting on the ledge. Her cat ears twitched and her tail swayed from side to side.

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:53 pm

"It appears I've touched a nerve," he said as he slid to his feet. "She's still alive... you know what this is don't you?"

Z'har lightly tapped the glowing crystal around his neck with a fingernail, sending a clear note into the air. He pulled his blood colored scarf from around his neck as it began forming an elegantly shaped broadsword made of a glass-like metal that was nearly transparent at its edges but had a cloudy blue opaqueness at its core. He ran his free hand gingerly over the disfiguring scar about his neck as waves of heat began to pour off his body, causing restless air currents to stir around him. Z'har wasn't stupid, he was clearly ready to defend himself.

"I'm going to pretend for a moment that in this fantasy, you are an intelligent, honorable hunter and I am the evil douchebag shadow spirit that wronged you in the past. I'll bet, being the smart and wise hunter who never lets her emotions cloud her judgment that you've done your homework, read my file, and know exactly what it says. 'Old, crafty, intelligent and extremely dangerous. Takes sadistic pleasure in maneuvering hunters into making difficult moral choices. If encountered, call for support. Do not engage alone.'"

A smile spread slowly across his face. He'd read the file himself, of course: It was amazing what you could find when you knew someone who could travel through data lines and hack computers by thought. That particular find had nearly cost Spirit her life when she accidentally tripped a security program... the company's database has been much more secure since that particular intrusion.

"Knowing all this, you still intend to face me by yourself with the life of a young girl hanging in the balance? You want to risk damaging or destroying the crystal and leaving that poor girl comatose for the rest of her miserable existence? It would be more merciful for me to eat the soul and allow the body to die. You're either very brave and confident in your powers... or you are not the smart, wise hunter who never lets her emotions cloud her judgment."

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Raven looked over at Faye and gave her a thumbs up. He then began to sprint forward, leaping onto a nearby store. He then turned left and jumped to a fire escape across from him. If he was correct, the shadow being would either follow him or Faye. He was more hoping it would follow him, however, it looked as if it were more interested in Faye now.

He stopped and turned around, waiting for the being to follow him. He saw that the night sky was starting to fall, so rooftop jumping was going to much hard while he was running around without a mask. But, it might help him be avoided during the chase. He wasn't thinking very clearly after the fight with the Shadow being. He was getting really tired.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Faye waved and then pulled out her hoverboard and pressed a button to make it fold out. She snapped her feet onto the board and then floated into the air a little bit and then did a few air flips and went the way she was told to go by Raven. She was curious to see if the Shadow Being would follow her or Raven. It seemed like it was interested in her now.

She grinned a little at the thought of sending a wave of "Shadow Destroyer" straight into the face of the Shadow Being. She giggled a little and then grinned and continued to ride past a few stores and do a few tricks. She yawned and then pulled out a lollypop and put it into her mouth.

She chewed on the lollypop a little and then finished it with a loud Crack! She chewed on the bits of lollypop and then found the gum in the middle of the lollypop and blew a bubble and popped it.

She continued this for a few moments and then stopped the hoverboard. She looked around with a bored stare and continued to pop the bubble. "Pop.......Pop......Pop......"

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xerox on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Vicente was grinning with joy and he was so excited he decided to see who would rpovide him with the most challenge of following, "Hmm because of Raven's injuries, he might be a little easy but Faye on the other hand you will be fun!" Vicente was like the wind at night he was carried in the breeze and he lept towards Feye and laughed deeply.

"Run..it's what I want." Vicente saw that Feye was mocking him by chewing on gum and other idiotic human candy, this offended him greatly.But he decided not to show it so he wouldn't please his prey. Vicente looked at Feye's hoverboard and closed his eyes, in just a few seconds the same model of a hoverboard was at Vicente's feet "Look familiar?" hehehe.

Xerox
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Faye's cat ears twitched and she snapped her head towards the voice that belonged to the shadow being from before. She saw him with a hoverboard that was same as hers and heard him ask if it was familiar.

She held back her anger and decided to try and piss of the shadow being by disrespecting him. She rolled her eyes at him and then continued to chew on the gum and her cat ears twitched and her tail swayed from side to side. "What do you want you scum of a being..?" She answered in a bored tone and then pulled off the mask that was around her neck and held it in her hand.

She waited to call Raven and wanted to see what the shadow being wanted first. She had always heard of the stupid saying 'Curiosity killed the cat' and she chuckled a little knowing that her curiosity might kill her one day.

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!