Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sojourn of the Astral Providence

Sojourn of the Astral Providence

a part of “Sojourn of the Astral Providence”, a fictional universe by Andreis.

It is the year 1100 Stellar Expanse (SE). Free Trade and Piracy dominate interstellar travel while corporations, sovereigns, and peoples vie for control of planets, asteroids, and stars. Plan cunningly, talk smooth, aim well, fly fast.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Sojourn of the Astral Providence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Sojourn of the Astral Providence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am

Ohey. This looks super interesting (and so do the characters). Any spots still available?
Love me some space-odyssey adventures.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Yonbibuns wrote:Ohey. This looks super interesting (and so do the characters). Any spots still available?
Love me some space-odyssey adventures.

Hello there Yonbibuns!
There are indeed spots available to play.

The ship boasts the capacity to support 8 crew and we currently have Captain, Pilot, Navigator, Systems Technician, and Engine Technician.

We could use someone with tactical knowledge for things like gunnery or military ship movements or how pirates tend to think. We could use someone with an intricate understanding of power systems as the power core is a seperate entity from the engine room. We could also use someone who knows the better ins and outs of criminal activity. Maybe a broker.

The way I see it as of current is that the pilot can probably manage some basic repairs and tactical knowledge, and also being charming. The navigator? Not sure. She might have a grasp of some nuanced cultures or laws, being a genetically engineered housewife. Between the engine and systems technicians we probably have enough engineering covered to last us just fine.

So the things we are missing as story elements are people who have a deep understanding of the way the galaxy turns. Hell we could probably use someone with more extensive medical knowledge, too. The options are definitely there and we have 3 bunks available. We're about to take off from Titan Space Dock so if you like we can either wait and let you be a delayed addition or we can make a stop somewhre to pick you up. Maybe you are at the agricolony of Ganymede or something.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration Group Theory Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl Eyes on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 pm

^ *Taking that inspiration and pretending I knew it all along * ^ lol

Owl Eyes
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:41 pm

i feel like it's worth mentioning that since aimery worked for a cyborg implant surgeon, she does have a limited understanding of the human body- but it's more anatomy and less how-to-fix-it. she's worked in the black market for a while as well so if you wanted to work it in somewhere, she might have connections with pirates or thugs with cyborg implants...?

-just some things that i mentioned in her application but never really discussed; springboarding off of your suggestions :)

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Owl Eyes wrote:^ *Taking that inspiration and pretending I knew it all along * ^ lol

lol! Something to note about me is that I GM'd in Tabletop games for some years between roleplaying. I am quite accustomed to considering inspiration and story without my character's involvement. If you ever need inspiration or ideas let me know! <3

BurningDark wrote:i feel like it's worth mentioning that since aimery worked for a cyborg implant surgeon, she does have a limited understanding of the human body- but it's more anatomy and less how-to-fix-it. she's worked in the black market for a while as well so if you wanted to work it in somewhere, she might have connections with pirates or thugs with cyborg implants...?

-just some things that i mentioned in her application but never really discussed; springboarding off of your suggestions :)

D'oh - I forgot you mentioned that.
And I think that's a great idea. Extensions of knowledge based on background is one of the fun things about RPing IMO.

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration Group Theory Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl Eyes on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 pm

I tried D&D once. It was such a mixed bag. I was the only girl and the only first time player and so sometimes everyone would make it really fun, but sometimes everyone would take it really seriously and I'd feel so dumb. But I'll totally take you up on that!

Owl Eyes
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:56 am

Ahoooy. Right on-- I was thinking of filling the Power-Core Technician. Young orphan-fella', served a 3 year contract with the military as a medical technician; left for unbeknownst reasons and studied those beauties running all those ships.

He'll definitely be at the agricolony of Ganymede. Could recruit him there? Captain might have heard of a lad down there that's particularly savvy with what she needs. Gives me some time to get his sheet up too. (Somewhere around the weekend)

Hehe. Currently playing a few D&D campaigns. It's a ton of fun. But I was always too shy to actually GM one.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 am

Yonbibuns wrote:Ahoooy. Right on-- I was thinking of filling the Power-Core Technician. Young orphan-fella', served a 3 year contract with the military as a medical technician; left for unbeknownst reasons and studied those beauties running all those ships.

He'll definitely be at the agricolony of Ganymede. Could recruit him there? Captain might have heard of a lad down there that's particularly savvy with what she needs. Gives me some time to get his sheet up too. (Somewhere around the weekend)

Hehe. Currently playing a few D&D campaigns. It's a ton of fun. But I was always too shy to actually GM one.

D&D 5e is a lot of fun. I also play(ed) D&D 3e, D&D 4e, Traveller, FATE, Fantasy Craft, Pathfinder, Everyone is John, 7th Sea, Dresden, D20 Modern, Dragon Star, Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000... and a couple custom things.

As for your character...
You don't have to but can we avoid another ex-military?
We have two already. Both of them hate the military because of TragicBackstoryTM. That's fine but I'd like to avoid having a bunch of repeating elements. Lol! If you must be ex-military then my alternate request is have an average or easy run with the Military when you have it.

There is a fun character generator in Traveller than might help us out if folks like randomness in their backgrounds. Lol ;P

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 am

Owl Eyes wrote:I tried D&D once. It was such a mixed bag. I was the only girl and the only first time player and so sometimes everyone would make it really fun, but sometimes everyone would take it really seriously and I'd feel so dumb. But I'll totally take you up on that!

That can be really tough! The tenor of the group's play-style can really affect how you feel. I like serious play with a lot of overhead meta joking. Like... playing Ave Maria quietly in the background as I, the Game Master, explain how precisely wrong everything just went. Everyone is premitted a good giggle or even a guffaw but don't let it ruin your ability to play your character completely. :P Ahhh I miss my group...

But yeah - Story stuff. I am actually a huge proponent of group conversation? Like... If people are not too shy about it, groups can be some of the best sources of inspiration. Y'ALL ARE MY LITTLE ARPEE FAMILY NOW.

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:43 pm

I dunno how y'all feel about classic rock, but a friend introduced me to some classical style rock by "Red Scalp"

How are y'all doin this weekend? :3

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl Eyes on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 pm

I have been super unproductive all weekend, which could theoretically make me more productive next week cause I relaxed. So I've been very productive all weekend. How about you?

Owl Eyes
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 pm

Yep... I've been really unproductive all weekend, too. Except a little yard work, I guess.
Car broken so my normal job is kind of on hold. ;_;

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Doop doop, I posted. :D

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:44 am

Wanted to know if the Rp still needed more players?
I'm interested in joining up.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:58 am

Yes! It does indeed.

Speaking of that, we seem to have lost one of our players to life. I am not sure where they went but has anyone heard from Acoustic-Boom?

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:51 pm

Any position that you currently need filling?

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:25 pm

@Oborosen - I hate to give up on Acoustic, but we might need a new Pilot quite soon if they don't end up returning. Otherwise, I think a medic of some sort or possibly a merchant could be quite useful!

I finally posted again once I realized that waiting on Acoustic was going to waste time. Sorry for being so late, everyone!

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ordo on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Sorry everyone I was trying to let the others post, and I have a new job that I'm getting ready to move for.
So with that said I will continue to post but I may be slow, if that is ok.

Ordo
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Andreis on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Oh no worries. I think I may ask if we can all commit to respond at least once a week?

Does that seem fair?

That means we can expect to cycle through at least every 2 weeks.

Andreis
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Sounds good to me!

I can actually post a little more often than that so if you'd like me to take on a second character so we can have more plot ideas I'd be totally up for that.

BurningDark
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!