Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Solanum-The aftermath

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Solanum-The aftermath

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:27 am

Jack saw the glint of XIphon's blade and raised his shotgun, blasting down another zombie. He ran towards the zombies, pumping out round after round, until he had to reload. He put his gun away and grabbed his knife and severed the head of one, grabbed it and threw it to the side. Now it was time to get serious. He knelt down and pulled a machete out of its sheathe and slashed down a few more zombies. He threw the knife into one of the zombies and eliminated another one, after which he sent up two flares, signaling for help. "Xiphon, these guys are everywhere, you nearby? I'm gonna need some help."
http://z6.invisionfree.com/New_Mombassa ... hp?act=idx - New Mombassa - A Forum Dedicated to Halo based roleplay. We would love to have you as part of our growing community. Time to bust some heads!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MULTI_MEDIA_MAN
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:53 pm

OOC: All right, I think we should give the others a bit of time to post now. I know Mannerheim is busy with other roleplays, I don't know about Lost. But I myself know how time consuming that can get. So, like I said, let's slow down a bit, maybe give them a shot at playing. Also, try not to be so Uber Awesome, please? Maybe have a close call once in a while, or a situation you might need help getting out of....oh, and after too many bullets, I as the GM, will decide when, you should definitely run out of ammunition. You too Mannerheim. Most people would have used their ammo in the first few hours of freak out, but then, most people are dead. We are smart. We are alive. So please, don't get ammunition out of nowhere, and just keep firing.....I'm sorry, that stuff just bugs me....wow, this is longer than some of my normal RP posts.....
ImageImage ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angoth on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Angoth ran through the wilderness, towards the farmhouse, He knew people were up ahead, he heard gunfire. He was carying a large hunting knife in his hand, and a small handgun with 8 bullets left in his hoster. He had been living off the wilderness for a while now, Its been about a day sence he ha any food.

As soon as Angoth got in the facinity of the Farmhouse he pulled out his gun, and pointed it at the zombies.
" 12 foes, no exits, allies retreated, volcano about to erupt, me with no weapon and a missing arm..... Crap...", Angoth

"What!!! drunk!?! noooo!.. that Orphange was just... built..under...my ship.. and took my pant...", Saljo Bryfor

Angoth
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mannerheim on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:06 pm

OOC: Yeah, anymore astonishing battles like that, and I'll be forced to boot you the FUCK out! I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I am out of bubble gum, seen? X is God in this RP, but I'm Satan.

IC: Henry sat up so fast in the cot that a few of it's springs broke. He rolled out of the broken bedding and felt his side. Blood slowly lurked out of his skin, through his white shirt. He sucked air in through his teeth, trying to resist screaming aloud. The soft wood flooring of the attic gave him a few nasty splinters too. He pulled himself to his feet and picked up his weapon. He dropped the clip. Eight of fifteen rounds, and one more loaded clip. He was running out fast. He popped one bullet out and put it in the breast pocket of a flannel shirt he'd thrown on. "Save it for yourself" he recited.

"Alright man, let's get this shit done" he said, racking another round and descending the staircase. The house was cleared, but the yard had grown thick with them. A man with a small calibur handgun was standing in the middle. "Fuck that man, just get in here, we'll most likely be leaving shortly!" Henry shouted to the stranger, beckoning with his hand. With his other he held the door open.
DVNO, four capital letters, printed in gold cause details make the girls sweat, even more, when they're shaking their belt, no need to ask my name, to figure out how cool I am.

Can anyone read, anyone feel? That I'm losing my patience I just came here to bounce! Ladies out west, they all know I'm comin'. I'm losing my patience I just came here to bounce.

Mannerheim
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:45 pm

The zombies were getting close to Jack, and he raised his shotgun to greet them. "Oh fuck, forgot to load." He checked his belt. No ammo. "Oh fuck..... HELP!!!" Jack raised his machete, waiting for them to bring the fight to him. "Come on, ya sissy little freaks! I've only been out here one day and I'm better than you!"

MULTI_MEDIA_MAN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lost.In.Roses on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Ashleigh woke with a start as the man keeping watch yelled near nonsense. She heard only one word: survivor. With that she was fully awake and headed towards the stairs, throwing a random object at the other man. "Be ready to pull the stairs!" Ashleigh was soon outside with her sword drawn. Looking everywhere she frantically tried to pick out the survivor. She hacked through a number of zombies before laying eyes on a man, his back turned to her. She rushed up to him. It was him, she knew it. "Matt!" As the man turned to face her, her heart broke.

Lost.In.Roses
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mannerheim on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:01 pm

A few well-placed shots took down the group surrounding Jack. But it wasn't enough. The gun clicked as the hair-trigger was pulled. Henry ran towards the crazed man chanting two vulgarities over and over again, "Fuck" and "Shit" every time his foot came down. He tackled the man, thrusting his shoulder hard into the man's stomach. He could hear the grunt. It was a bit harsh, but it was exactly what people needed in times like these. "Don't be stupid, come upstairs!" he hollered into the man's face. He pulled him up by one arm, trying to drag him into the house.

"You too, stupid!" he yelled at the man and woman looking at one another. He didn't know what the relationship was, but he didn't care either. Now was not the time for getting to know one another. He could see more shambling from out of the wood, and even more from the field. "Shit!" he yelled. "X, we're gonna need to leave damn soon! I hope you know where we're going!"

Mannerheim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:23 pm

When they were upstairs Jack checked his belt for ammo. "One mag. No shells. No grenades. We have to get to the military outpost soon. So, how long have you all been out here? As nomads, I mean. The military pulled most of us out of Afghanistan about two days ago. Ever since, I've been blowing zombie brains out."

MULTI_MEDIA_MAN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Xiphon looked back in alarm. They were being overwhelmed. He shouted at the others. "Head north! I'll meet you up ahead, I won't be long!" He ran inside, and went immediately upstairs. He quickly rigged the CB onto his back, the watch would be able to supply power. It had only been a few minutes, but the undead were really swarming now. The moans must have attracted more. He had no choice. He ducked his head, and merely ran, not stopping for anything, not even the few scratches he got. They had to get out of here. He shouted repeatedly. "To the north! Go! North!" They had to reach the base. He headed into the woods, slowly leaving the Zombies behind. He looked around, but didn't see the others. He hoped they could find him.....he sat down, and listened to the CB. He waited.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mannerheim on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Henry took the .45 from the woman and reclaimed it, pushing his modded M14 into the hands of Jack. "Take this and go, I won't let these bastards take my house just yet!" Henry said to him unusually quietly, to try and avoid inviting more in. He could tell deep down that they most likely crowded the first floor. He moved down the stairs quietly as he could, but still his boots clattered against them, and the boards squeaked and moaned terribly. A thick group of zeds was coming up the stairs, and upon seeing him stumbled into his direction. He nearly swore, but managed to keep it in, ducking into a bedroom once used by his baby daughter. He backed up, pointing the weapon at the door. He had forgotten to grab the ammo, so he had only that clip plus a few cartidges in his pocket. A corpse's hand grabbed the door and began pushing it open. Henry hit his head hard on the antique mobile his wife had bought. A tear slipped down his cheek, rolling under his chin. He threw the crib around in front of him, pushing it into the undead man and closing the door. Only he and the man were in now, the rest beat on the outside of the door. Thank the gods this house was built with heavy doors.

Henry pistol-whipped the man over the head, but there was barely an effect. The zed gripped it's cold hands on his shoulders, moving it's head toward his neck. He tried to scream, but his fear kept it from coming out. The zeds continued their assault on the door, and the bangs were more frequent and louder. A shard of wood snapped through and struck the one on top of him with just enough force to knock it off balance. Taking the opening, Henry rolled it off of himself, and cracked the window open, sliding out backwards onto the roof.

Henry dropped off the side of the house and went to the shed. A few stumbled toward him, but in vain. He grabbed two canisters of backup gasoline and a ladder. He made his best effort to run, but mostly stumbled to the side of the house where he set the ladder up and set one can of gas down by it. Henry ran around the side of the house, pouring gasoline all along the sides of the building. But especially when he got to the wooden porch. Making a quick run through the house, he poured it all over his beloved house. Furniture, soft wood floors, antiques. He spared nothing. Thankfully most of them had gone to the commotion upstairs, but now they were closing in around him. He went into the kitchen where they had not yet come in, grabbing a box of matches, lighting them, and throwing them into the living room. In an astonishing light show, the bottom floor lit up for a split second, scorching his eyebrows and singeing his hair. Out the window and to the ladder. With one hand he climbed up, the other hand clasping the heavy canister. Once to the top, he noticed the fire was obviously affecting the second floor already.

He moved with little difficulty to the attic, but the horde followed him. Amazingly he hadn't wasted any ammunition yet. He didn't bother to even spread the gas, except in the last room. He dropped the canister, lit another book of matches, dropped them, and went out the other window to the rooftop. The zombies didn't even mind the fire, just kept trying to grab him with now burning hands. He went out the window once again, and dropped off the second story onto the ground, and didn't hesitate to run north, praying that everyone escaped the blaze.

Mannerheim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 pm

OOC:Just wanted to say-wow....that was intense. You are officially my new favorite person on here. Go Mannerheim!

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Jack watched Henry destroy the house, and watched in case the zombies escaped. He always had a knack to make sure the area was clear before proceeding to the next objective, but he had to forget all of his training. These were new enemies. "C'mon, the base isn't far! I'll call for some pickup." Jack pulled out his radio and signaled the base. "Base 096-341! This is Staff Sargeant Jack Ryson! Requesting a troop transport due north of your position!" The base signaled in, "Sorry, Sarge, all troop vehicles are out in the field or receiving modifications to combat infected!" "Damn! Okay guys, looks like we're hoofin' it to the base."

MULTI_MEDIA_MAN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mannerheim on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:42 am

OOC: Thanks man! I was hoping it wouldn't be too much. :/

IC: Henry swore as he heard Jack's ride connection didn't work out. "Let's start running then" he finished off, sliding the cool barrel of the .45 in the back of his pants, it was tucked over his shirt and under his belt. "Why don't you give me that knife? I don't want to waste all my ammo, plus this things is louder than hell" he asked Jack, still jogging north towards the goal.

Mannerheim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:38 pm

Jack pulled his machete out and gave it to Henry. "Let's see, if I'm right, we should make it there in half an hour if we move at average walking speed. Problem is, that's not taking into account the hundreds of zombies that could be between here and there. Everybody, make sure your weapons are loaded, you know where they are, and you've got on your killing faces." Jack joked. "Alright, let's go."

MULTI_MEDIA_MAN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mannerheim on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:54 pm

"Groovy, let's get the hell out of here" Henry said in a weak voice. He stopped just for a second to turn around to look at his farm burning to the ground. There was a loud whistling noise, and then an explosion, must have been the gas lines. He could hear his fireworks going off from under his bed, and the ammunition he'd left inside exploding. He stopped in place there, just watching as the sun came up over it. With a few more steps backward, he turned to face the woods, the north, life. He prayed one last time that maybe his family of six had gotten away. Five kids, he knew at least maybe one of the oldest had survived. He ran one hand over the side of the machete. It was cool to the touch, and extremely sharp. The black coloration would help it to be unseen at night. He strode off into the woods, after the sergeant.

The woods were thick with foliage due to the spring conditions, and they were eerily silent. Surely the zeds were just standing around inside, waiting like flytraps to claim their victims. He breathed hard, extremely shaken by all that had happened today, and by the thoughts of death that plagued him. He began making his way through, hacking away at the foliage to clear shooting lanes for protection. In the distance he began to hear moaning and leaves rustling, unfortunately this sound was cut off by the south-eastern winds. Damn. Henry stood in fear, sweat forming over his brow and coming down into his eyes, but he daren't close them. With machete raised, he continued the walk.

Mannerheim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lost.In.Roses on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:47 pm

OOC: @_@ Omg I'm so lost..... I read the posts but I still don't know where we are right now......

Lost.In.Roses
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:36 pm

OOC: I'm sitting in the woods with the radio. You folks are just entering the woods, and Henry just burnt down his house we were all at.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lost.In.Roses on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:03 pm

OOC: Oh now it makes sense. Thank's so much >< Being gone for a day can be so confusing.

Ashliegh walked through the forests, alone but not too far from the others. The thick lush green helped to calm her screaming nerves. The only thing that unnerved her now was the occasional silence. She was so used to the forests of her hometown bursting to life every morning at about this time. Ashleigh unsheathed her sword, looking at how the morning rays coming down through the trees played off the shiny metal. Sheathing the sword she made her way back towards Xiphon. Just a few minutes of weaving between trees and jumping over rotting logs found here next to said man. "Hey..." She said weakly. She was longing for a simple exchange of words. She hadn't had a simple conversation with another human for weeks and weeks on end. Ashleigh could feel the effects of solitary confinement setting in every day.

Lost.In.Roses
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Xiphon looked up. "So you guys made it out of there all right? I'm glad. I couldn't bear to lose another friend. We've only known each other for hours, but when there aren't many people left, you make friends fast." He looked out into the woods. "Well, I suppose we'd better get going. It won't be good to stay in one place long." He sighed, and hoisted the CB once again onto his back. He called to the others wandering through the woods nearby, and began walking north. They would catch up. He just wished they didn't have to. No more fighting. No more running. He just wanted this nightmare to end.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Jack was towards the back of the group, making sure Henry didn't fall too far behind. There's something with him about that house...hmmmm... "Hey, you. I don't think I got you're name. Mine's Jack." Jack was scanning Henry top to bottom, trying to get a good read on him. "You don't seem like the type to be hanging around in the middle of no where. Unless that was...Oh god, oh my god that...that sucks. I just hope nobody was inside. Was anybody inside?"

MULTI_MEDIA_MAN
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!