Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Space Odessey

Space Odessey

a part of “Space Odessey”, a fictional universe by gaiadarkstar.

A thrilling adventure with new planets, people, aliens, robots, and much more in the depths of space.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Space Odessey”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Space Odessey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:59 am

Eh? I did something good for once? o.o lol

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 am

Well I have this idea that my character is an genetically engineered human that the people on Kolob made to test the full extent of this link with the native people. Is that okay? Also how long have they known about them? I mean obviously if my character was made for that exact reason who would be much younger. But I figure he could have a super intelligence so his youth isn’t that big a deal.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darccannan
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:30 pm

In a little bit I might make another character and put him in the solar system. Maybe do a little expantion on that thing I was making up for Pluto.

I've got people coming over soon so I might not be on for a little bit.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Darcc that sounds pretty interesting. They have been on the plane a little over twenty years. Tasha is the oldest being just twenty. She was the first born on Kolob and so that is why she is the leader. So I would say he could be between 8-14 years old depending on if they can speed his growth or not. It could be possible. Sounds fascinating. Don't worry about adding in technology stuff. I don't mind as long as it makes sense and isn't too powerful or ridicuous. I am looking forward to hearing more about him.

As to you Wake I don't mind if you have another character but don't forget that if you post about anything in Earths solar system you have to go to that "Place" in the rp and post there and not in "Kolob".
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:32 pm

I've already submitted my character so ready to post a so as you except.

Darccannan
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:14 pm

oooh very interesting. I like him a lot. I can't wait to see everyone in action.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Yay! Katt is back lol. Seems like forever since I got to post for her.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon May 02, 2011 1:20 am

I've made a character to get the Pluto section started. Kinda felt like making a more antagonist vibe with this one. Little tidbit is that his name means tyrant in Macedonian language.

A little back history for Pluto here for anyone that want's to start there.

Pluto has a dictatorship for a government calling the leader the high councilor. Due to the poor environment it was an economically poor nation. In order to keep it's economy afloat they relied on carbon mining with the outer asteroid belt. Dimond was sometime found during prospecting which would entice pirates and other powers to attempt to raid their operations, leading Pluto to adapt a more militaristic society. With The communications blackout with earth and the rumors about the Protectorate coming in from the inner solar system the Platonism government started to put an increase on it's military production and funding. This required a raise in taxes and a few cuts on labor pay. This cause resentment to build up in the working classes. It started with protest, which turned to riots, which turn to conflict, which developed into a rebellion.

Pluto has a few settlements and cities on the planet surface and several space stations in orbit with the capital on it's moon.

If you have any complaints about the set up I made for it let me know gaia, you have the final say with it.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 am

sounds just fine tp me, pretty well thought out. I like it.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon May 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Sorry Ash I forgot to say that that was Tasha speaking. I fixed my post if you wouldn't mind changing yours. Katt might call her commander Reynolds or something like that since she is the leader of the squadron.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Mon May 02, 2011 3:49 pm

It's all right, I shall fix it.

EDIT: tis fixed :D

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon May 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey gaia can you take a look at the new character I submitted for Pluto.

[edit] I'm not sure wether or not to give him psychic powers as well. I mean It might make sense with him having them but he's already in a position where he can act without relying on them much.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue May 03, 2011 12:55 am

O crud that was longer than I thought it would be. Well anyway, Admiral Tiraninot ladies and gentlemen. Crossing the moral event horizon right out of the gate.

I'll try to get a post in for Shar-Khag tomorrow. Gosh it was late by the time I finished that.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue May 03, 2011 7:30 am

Really detailed. You are definitely better than me with all that weapons and military stuff. I suck at the details. I try but I never manage to put as much in as should be. Great post.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed May 04, 2011 7:21 pm

You know that gives me an idea. Maybe we can make another forum for technology and overall back story and attach it to this role play. We could use it to put ideas out for the designs for the various machinery and such that we will come across during the story.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Wed May 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Indeed, would help me out when it comes to posting for Katt

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed May 04, 2011 7:39 pm

good idea and I am not very good at that stuff but I will help lead everyone in the right direction. It would also help to post facts like which planet has what and who. Like your group on Pluto for example. Also names of people and their mechs. Like I forgot the name of Tahsa's mech. I know it is in here somewhere but it is hard to find. If we had superfluous stuff like that in another section it might be easier to find and reference. I am not sure how to make another chat in the same rp I have never done that before. I would suggest calling it Space odyssey faq or something like that.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Fri May 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Got the new forum up for us. It's called Space Odessey: Technical terms

link: space-odessey-technical-terms-t57719.html

I already put one idea down, let me know what you think.

[edit] (headdesk) I just realized that there was an 'add new topic' button on the OOC tab... wow hindsight likes to pimp slap me a lot.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sun May 08, 2011 8:02 am

Ah poor Shar-Khag, at least you have Liz and Alexis trying to cool you down lol

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon May 09, 2011 12:38 am

Well heres the start of Shar-khags weird character development. I'm hoping to reinforce the fact that Shar-khag isn't human by showing that he doesn't think like a human. Expect him to attempt to point out what he see's as 'logic flaws' as the story goes on.

Wake
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!