Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Spelunking for partners

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Spelunking for partners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vintagedarksoul on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello there, all!

Well, I’ve got a few ideas running around in this hobo soup of a mind of mine currently, and I really want to get them into some good solid rps! At the moment, I’d like to keep them as 1x1s as I have rarely, if ever, had success with group rps. For post size and what-not, expect at least 300 for the short, more action posts with less substance, up to over 1000 when there are multiple characters and lots going on. Aka it varies from time to time but averages out somewhere in between. As for what I'd like to see from my partner, please post at least 200 and up. Shorter ones just seem to leave so much unsaid when things are getting good. I do, however, like quality over quantity.

Now, onto the story ideas! I apologize if these don’t seem concrete yet but they are rather fresh ones, hot out of the oven and still need to set a bit. The first is a bit more formed and the other two are more character based, as I just want to use this new guy.

You’ll be the Death of Me:
(Modern fantasy with elements of high fantasy. Aka over the top elements, read on and you’ll see. Main characters with me Death, my guy, and your character)

He shouldn’t have complained, he really shouldn’t have. Now, here he was…wherever that was. Not knowing where he was such a strange sensation for him, as was actually being there for that matter. This was just so odd. He couldn’t remember the last time he couldn’t remember…this was really starting to not make sense. And where were his minions when he needed them? …Were people looking at him? Actually looking at him? Oh…not quite sure of how he felt about that. Bit unnerving with them having eyes and all. Such squishy and round little things.
This was going to take some getting accustomed to

-Death had begun to under appreciate his job. One death blended into the next, and he had doubts about his own existence and the system as a whole. In all, he was suffering from an afterlife-sort of somewhere near the late end-crisis, and his bosses were rather amused with this. Amused, when referring to the gods, also happens to mean it annoyed them. You never really want gods to be amused or anything other than not noticing you, or else you ended up in the sort of dilemma death was currently in. One moment he had been himself, an immaterial wraith made woven with the fabric of the universe, and the next he was suddenly a very confused man staring at his hands and muttering things like ‘meat mittens’.

Turned mortal, Death now has to figure out what to do from here on and, more importantly, how to get his job back. Unfortunately for him, it is going to be a lot harder than it seems if someone doesn’t help him out, and that is where you come in. He’s going to need a nice helping meat mitten to get through this, especially when people who happen to hate anything with the slightest bit of magical connection start to realize that somewhere, in a small bit of the world, a gigantic blog of it has started showing up. It will be even worse when they figure out that he is at the epicenter of it.

(You’re going to have to be his sort of mortal ‘guide’ to life. Kinda the other way around from the normal, yes? From this story, I expect lots of humor and some good action once it gets a bit further along it in. It is heavily character interaction based, as in development of Death and so on, but I’ve got a general plot idea in mind as well. Romance is a possibility, and any gender pairing is fine with me but obviously, since I am playing a male death, it will either be MxF or MxM. The only requirement I have for your character is that you are a human mortal. No special powers, please though there might be room for some further down the line when things get a bit less ‘drab’ as he describes it.)

Shed Beliefs:

(Medieval high fantasy. Lots of action in this one, and my character for it will be a lovely snake who happens to have the upper half of a human. Note, that it’s not a human with the tail of a snake, which is a very important difference in personality, as I have come to believe. You’re allowed to be just about anything you want in this story, but something more mundane might be fun and play better in the scheme of things.)

Beasts of the forest are becoming rarer occurrences after the high kingdoms of man settle themselves into power. While there are plenty of lesser creatures running around, the rather big prizes and guardians seem to be fading into stories. This is bad news, of course, for people who make a living killing them. That being said, any lead to find one is normally followed by a least seven different groups at one time and normally six out of those seven are willing to kill the others off in order to take home the glory and gold from killing them. It’s a rather competitive business, in short.

Needless to add, you get wind of a chat between two old men about some grant and great creature that some villagers apparently just call ‘The Ol’ Copper’, you keep it to yourself and stalk them until you finally figure out what village and where. Your lead takes you all the way to the western forests of the continent to a small village called Sar’qual. There, you begin to seek out tales of this Ol’ Copper and, well, it’s rather surprising to find the villager’s opinion of him.

-In short, you’re going to be playing with one of my new characters who happen to be a rather gigantic snake with the upper body of a human (when he wants it to be there, at least). Through the general idea of the plot, you’ll either be traveling with him or sticking around to deal with a few other things but, overall, you’ll be developing a friendship/trying to kill him/ trying to screw him over. Romance is a possibility here, and any gender pairing is fine with me.)

Voyage of the Dying Sun:
(Sci-fi. Main characters would be the captain aka my character and the crew. Action.Possible Romance.)

He was running and, as he tells it, the ship found him. Just sitting there, all empty and pretty. Good thing, too, because the captain was on the run from some rather nasty folks. It's old, near ancient looking, and seems to have a mind of its own from turning itself off to picking directions, but it always seems to go where fortune favors the crew of hands for hire. Strange thing, too, it seems to be able to pick its own crew and the ones who it doesn't like? They seem to find their way out the airlocks. Mid flight.

For more info, we can talk here or PM me to chat about 'um. Also, willing to take more than one person per idea, so these ideas are open till marked closed!
When I am good, I am very, very good
But when I am bad, I am f*&!ing gorgeous!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vintagedarksoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Spelunking for partners (1x1 ideas)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:46 pm

Hello! I am very interested in that first plot you have up there. I think I may have a character in mind for it, as well! :P I hope to rp with you!
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Re: Spelunking for partners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:29 pm

vintagedarksoul,

Your title has been edited to fit within the Interest Check Guidelines.

- Modesty,
RoleplayGateway Global Moderator

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Spelunking for partners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vintagedarksoul on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:14 am

Hey, Crystal Flamedance! Good to see your interested in it! If you'd like, we can hash out details over PMs to talk about it/see if we can get something going with it :)

Modesty, ty for the edit! I had no idea.

vintagedarksoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!