Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Star Wars v.s Star Trek

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Star Trek or Star Wars

Poll ended at Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Star Trek
33%
Star Wars
67%

Total votes : 6

Star Wars v.s Star Trek

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Curtesy of Mozenrath, thanks man.

I'll post what I belive soon, let me hear from you all first.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Star Wars v.s Star Trek

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:26 pm

I happen to like both and remain on the fence in this conflict.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Star wars wins this easily Star Trek stands no chance.Vader can use force choke to kill most of the star trek guys and his force grip against the strongest guys and force crush against the strongest guys.There's also the Death Star which would be much more powerful than any weapon in Star trek.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Star Wars all the way. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Trek, Star Wars is just better.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:59 pm

Starwars:
Pros;
force
deathstar
vader
numbers
Cons;
vader..kills his best leaders for pointless reasons
emperor/gov't
rebellion/invasion/civil war every few years

Startrek:
Pros;
piccard
borg
teleporters
cloaking devices
Cons;
kirk..the lord of the interstellar loveboat
perpetual cold war nature
non-violent leaders

You decide,im going with starwars
And no, I'm not counting trekkies supernatural luck

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 pm

I didn't really mean a battle, just which series is better and more popular. If these two fought there would be no debate. Star Wars would pwn ALL the Trekkies with any ONE of their Jedi/Sith.

As far as quality goes. Star Wars. Come on, lightsabers, force, and most of all: JOHN WILLIAMS (The Man according to the awesome Moosebutter song!)

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 pm

STAR TRECK!!!!! I have no Idea what is wrong with you guys!!! star treck!!! Captain Kirk can argue his way out of anything!!

Even if they fought, He would convince The Jedi's and people that it was a bad Idea to kill him!!

Ken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:38 pm

Popularity? Hmm..
Trekkies (unknown number)
The 501 clone trooper division
Kirk seducing leela on futurama..only time i've ever liked him
starwars 6 feature movies & 3 cartoon movies
startrek tv show & spinoff's, movies..

I think trekkies have it..barely, and that's because they're old
though in a few years starwars will be in the lead, since most of the trekkies are baby boomers & are dying

Kargoth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 pm

You forgot something!

What about all the books and video games?

I'm pretty sure Star Wars has the gming department. When was the last highly anticipated Star Trek game released?

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luke4215 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Um, I'm am a complete and total Star Wars fanatic. Star Wars PWNS everything in everyway all day every day.

Sure, Kirk might be able convince the Jedi that the fighting is wrong and they'll go away.. Oh Wait! Here come the Sith to completely obliterate everything that is Star Trek.

The Vehicles alone PWN

Star Trek:
Borg Cube
Enterprise(every single one of them)
That planet killing sphere thing from the 'Enterprise' TV series

Star Wars:
Death Star
Star Forge
Darksaber
Sun Crusher
Planet Crackers(or smashers, or something else, can't remember)

Everything changes...

luke4215
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm gonna' go with Star Wars.

Both series have the potential to be great. At their best, they are both pretty awesome. However, we have to consider how consistant they are in their quality.

Star Trek, at its best, often turns out better stuff than Star Wars. When it's good it's a perfect mixture of philosophy, strong characterizations, and the occasional action sequence.

However, there is an important difference in how the two series are written. Every Star Wars movie was written by George Lucas and/or Leigh Brackett, and directed by George Lucas and/or Ivan Kershner. We can always expect about the same quality work from these same quality minds (Well, except for Phantom Menace, but let's not talk about that.)

Star Trek, however, especially after Gene Rodenberry died, has been in the hands of a huge number of people. We get some really great stuff, like "The Cage" or "The Best of Both Worlds." We also get Threshhold.

I've got to stick with the reliable one.

Also, I like laser swords.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!