Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Star Wars: The Gilded Age

Star Wars: The Guilded Age

a part of “Star Wars: The Gilded Age”, a fictional universe by Gray.

The Galaxy is at peace, once and for all, though not all is like it seems. Join a band of elite team members who rise up to take on a new challenge, or become the Sith and destroy them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Star Wars: The Gilded Age”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Star Wars: The Guilded Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 pm

No I mean literally nobody's characters have been approved and am wondering why? Do you know why mister prophet?
so how is everyone?
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(")

getting closer to world domination since 1999.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac the Impaler on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 am

No characters have been approved because Gray has not had time to read them properly and decide whether or not they deserve his approval. A fact for which I am thankful because I still have at least another 2 paragraphs of background to write. You should also use this time to make sure that your character is flawless, because when Gray gets the time your character is going to be dissected and examined under a microscope. If it turns out that what you have written is held together by rubber bands and paperclips then you'll be stuck re-doing your character while the rest of us get to kill shit in space.

If I didn't know that Gray was actually an infinite amount of monkeys typing on an infinite amount of typewriters, I would assume that no characters had been approved because no character sheets had been submitted that were complete or of sufficient quality. Since I do know, I can tell you that typewriters are quite susceptible to jamming and occasionally need to be refilled with ink, thus the monkeys are quite busy with quite a lot of things other than typing.

I hope that explains it sufficiently well for you to understand.

Our core is madness. Our prime directive is murder. We came to rule the Earth not because we were the strongest or the smartest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mac the Impaler
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 am

like flinging poo?

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac the Impaler on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:29 pm

No, trained monkeys do not fling poo. Get your facts right.

Mac the Impaler
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm

oh ok :)

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Mac, I've decided I like you. Was the monkeys on typewriters a Simpson reference? I seem to reemember they were making copies of A Tale of Two Cities for Mr. Burns.
Oh, and I can attest that Gray is very much one (indeed well-trained) entity. <3

To add to what Mac has explained, we're also not too keen on accepting character sheets while we aren't done with our sheets. It doesn't seem terribly fair to judge others when they don't know what quality we're expecting yet (since, gosh, it'd be a silly GM who would expect more of their players than they themselves can push forward)!

But if anyone ever wants an in-progress analysis of how they're doing, just let me know and tell me whether or not you'd like me to be gentle.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac the Impaler on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:56 pm

dawww, I like you too Wudge :D

The monkeys on typewriters is actually a nod to this which is probably where The Simpsons got it from as well :p

Also, can I please have one of the aforementioned analysis? I like it rough ;)

Mac the Impaler
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 pm

please give my character a assessment and don't hold back.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:26 pm

the-planet-thread-where-the-fuck-are-now-t77862.html
^Also, here's our first planet. Gray was goofy and forgot to point out it exists.

But a'ighhty guys, I'll be PMing you two with feedback by the end of tomorrow. <3

(And now that Simpsons episode is that much funnier).

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm

thank you :) W

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 pm

It's nice to already have the 'Wudge Seal of Approval.' I'd share it with you all, but I'm not sure if the site allows something this graphic to be posted...

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 pm

lol XD that graphic wow.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 pm

SnerglegeldjekdlajwparSTARWARS!!

Now, I've got an excuse to shuffle up my SWTOR character all up in here. I'ma be sending my profile in post-haste.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 pm

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gray on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Psst... hey, hey guys.

So, guess what...

THE TAB IS FUCKING DONE BITCHES, I'M GRADING YOUR PROFILE SHEETS NOW.

I'm grading on a first come, first served basis. Sorry it has taken forever. My hands hurt from typing, but slowly we're getting somewhere. My character sheet isn't even done, but I thought I'd get to all of yours first.

Wudge might be grading too.

Gray
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gray on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Yonbibuns: Hey there new person. We seem to be a pretty friendly group. As it's nearing the weekend, I tend not to be able to do anything but Wudge can help you there. Still, great to see some new blood, look forward to having you.

Gray
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gray on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:15 am

Allrighty guys, I'm away for a while still this week. Everyone's been read over though. :3

Anyways talk to Wudge if you need anything. Wudge I give you full power to accept any accounts you so choose.

Gray
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 pm

And by "power" he means he gave me his password so I can look over character sheets whenever I so chose. :V So even if you see him online, guys, Gray's still actually, physically at the workplace--it's just a Wudge in Gray clothing. Haha.

Erm, so, he's given a few of you some feedback, yes? Which means some of you are working on your sheets still?
IF YOU FEEL YOU'RE 100% DONE WITH YOUR SHEET let me know here or via PM, and I'll either go accept you or send you more feedback. <3
But don't feel rushed. I'm sure as hell not done with my sheet. xD

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm done and ready for the once over. After I answered Gray's concerns he hasn't gotten back to me so I'm gonna assume he was satisfied with them.

You can treat me rough Wudge, but I expect some cuddling afterwards since I'm putting up with you wearing a Gray-mask.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:21 am

And that, Life, is when you will know my true identity--for unlike Gray I am a great cuddler. A grand meister of cuddling, if you will.

But naw, I haven't been too rough this rp at all. xD Maybe I'm growing soft.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!