Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Walking Dead: Online

Storyboard

a part of “The Walking Dead: Online”, a fictional universe by Captain Calamity.

An unexplainable infection has swept the world, bringing society to its knees. You are one of the lucky ones. A survivor. But now you must do whatever it takes to survive the greatest threat of all... each other.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Walking Dead: Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Storyboard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Bob!

Yes, during this interim, we were all sort of led to believe that someone was going to go. I thought it was going to be Maggie, but I'm glad it wasn't.

Carol has always been a favorite of mine and now she is prooooobabky my favorite.

I actually had to sit on the floor and curl up into a ball when Judith was being threatened. And then I she'd many tears seeing her go back to her family. LOL. I AM SUCH A SAP YOU GUYS. But it made me really, really happy to see her back with Rick and Carl. All I could think of for these last several months when it came to Judith was, "I could not even function if I got separated from Baby like that!"... which is really sad!

Season 4 was sooooooo long because of the mid-season split, so it feels like it was two seasons, but it's kind of crazy how much STUFF happened in 4, how they went from one place to so many other different places...

I don't want to split our people up again for another two or three seasons =p
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:01 am

Yeah, it really makes me want our group go out on the road and be badass!

However, our group is still just two weeks in or something, Rick & co have two/three years now? Kind of a big difference in experience. (And maaaaan, must it suck to survive the zombie apocalypse for so long, only to get your throat cut by cannibals)
Passive-aggressive signature

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zephon
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:32 am

Time jumps between seasons? I am a fan of that! They do still have a lot of development to go through, a lot of low points to hit individually... a lot more death to occur.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:52 am

That's a good point Sky. Our characters do have so much formative stuff to wade through until we are able to tread into some better, darker, territory. I think LA is the springboard for all of that... and pretty soon we'll have fuller seasons that don't end on a cliffhanger and we'll be allowed the opportunity to do greater jumps spanning months instead of days between seasons. That's how AMC's show panned out. It may not seem like it, but there is a lot of important stuff being done right now with the stories we're telling. Its unfortunate we wrote ourselves into another portion of the group splitting up. It doesn't have the same impact as say Rick and his group, because we don't have the same attachments to one another -- but as soon as we develop that group mentality and become more of a unit, staying together will be very important.

I can't wait to see what the next season has in store for us. And I really can't wait to see what lies beyond Los Angeles. XD

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:54 am

And that moment between Rick and that kid he loaned his watch to that him and Carol stumbled upon in season 4.2... gave me chills. So much said with no dialogue. Great writing.

If they don't get nominations this year im burning the world down.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:54 am

There is totally a lot of important stuff being done. This is everyone's clumsy and error-ridden start to living in the post-apocalyptic world. Every single character has screwed up huge somehow, or acted unlike themselves, broken promises to themselves or others, broken their own moral/ethical boundaries, or has fallen victim to others' actions (regardless of good or bad intention), or will be adversely affected somehow. Everyone right now is fooling themselves into thinking they might have any control over their environment or their world. How everyone starts off in this new world will affect how they go along... even some of the characters who have been through the wringer and are toughened up now will become weak and have to become even stronger later...

And all these stories are going to chase themselves time and time again and keep coming up... just like you mentioned with the watch, CC!

And, honestly, yeah, the split of our group nine days into the new world versus the split of the TWD group months/years into the story don't carry the same emotional impact, but we do have opportunity in awkwardness in this case. The creation that can come out of this can really be abundant--conflict and strong bonds all alike between all of these people.

Oh, and did anyone else's head explode when Morgan showed up? Because I'm still finding bits and pieces of my brain all over my living room. I can't be the only one in this predicament.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:07 am

I agree with everything you said there Skyfear; the emotional bond is much less, but together they've already been through hell and thus are more inclined to trust each other.

And when did Morgan appear? Did I miss something? Or has the second episode already aired? :o

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:28 am

Like, maybe those hell-and-back bonds are just now forming, so they're not as strong as, say, five seasons in, but right now those experiences are like wet glue that's getting ready to start drying.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Alexandra Breckenridge is coming to the show: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... dge-741193

I am going to sound like a complete goof, but while I was reading the description of what few details THR had about the character, I thought to myself, "Aww, she sounds like a cross between Jessica and Stevie."

LOL.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:49 pm

I think it was a tag after the credits Zeph? But yeah, i knew it was Morgan the instant he showed up. I was expecting him to come help save the day at the final prison fight, but i think he may end up saving them all with this new situation instead?

The big questions is: who is putting those X's on the trees? And why?

I absolutely agree with the rest. I don't think our group has had the proper moment to sit and grieve the lost of their world yet -- its been all fight and flight. Maybe there was some downtime in that week we blew by between seasons 1 and 2, but you'd figure they'd be more preoccupied with other things. I do wanna start making things harder for these characters though. Everything's too light for my tastes, at least in my own writing. I think I need to take more time focusing on what is making these characters tick and what their motivations are... cause I have a feeling that season 2 part 2 is not gonna be happy trails any longer. Some serious decisions are going to have to be made. More losses... on all sides. Loyalties tested. Bonds broken. Repaired? These characters have such crazy potential, and some of them are being pulled in so many directions. I look at something like what Sam's situation might do to Jessica. You think about Carol... she has gone through every emotion it seems after the gradual loss of her entire family. She bounced back in a big way... but look what she was before all that? I think certain people are strengthened and others' weaknesses are exposed in a world like this and only time will tell which is true for each of our characters.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Just started reading season 2 and im finding all kinds of open-ended mini plotlines that we kind've teased that deserve some addressing.

I totally forgot about the inevitable awkward encounter between Nathan and Jack... that might be explosive. And I forgot about Carl and Niobe's secret. So many goodies.

(All while listening to the TWD comic con audio XD)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 pm

I think the bonds will be strongest with the people who knew one another before everything happened... like, Tara/Nathan/Harper. Harper/Stevie, to an extent. Stevie/Silas, to an extent. (Stevie knows everyone, it sounds like. LOL.)

Rick was "out" for, what, a week? Two weeks? I can't see how he wouldn't have survived longer than that without food/water. It seemed like folks had sort of were in the preliminary stages of "accepting" what had happened and had at least initiated the process of adapting. It seems like they had all kind of accepted that they were screwed--Ft. Benning was out of commission, so they knew there wasn't a safe haven to be had on a military installation. (A good chunk of my childhood was spent on Benning, so it kind of makes me feel sick to even entertain that notion.) Atlanta was silent and empty. (I wonder how long it took for it to get that way?)

For the people who don't have their loved ones with them from before, I'm sure they'll be the ones to adapt the fastest. I can see where groups who've known each other for a long time like Tara/Nathan/Harper are sort of click back into old, pre-new-world dynamics when together. Diego/Bethany, too, perhaps, as they seem to still hone in on pre-new-world priorities.

Any parent is traumatized by severe accidents that happpen to their children, so I second your statement on Jessica. The fact that she wasn't there when it happened will make her feel guilty. The fact that she may not fully know what to can make her feel guilty. Having no access to a hospital or a doctor also can make her feel like she's even more powerless. She seems to be very level-headed, and this can sort of rattle that for at least a little bit.

And Nathan and Jack. We definitely need to set up how that'll happen. Even further, does Nathan have anything to "worry" about? That kind of makes it even more interesting.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:46 am

Rick was out a bit longer than that, because our version of events actually doesn't entirely correspond with that of the comics/tv series. There, the disease spreads a bit more gradual. Obviously, I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I've found this post by someone on the walking dead forums (fatbrett2, 8 april 2011):

"
They don't make it clear in the TV show or the comics, but in episode 5 (Wildfire), Jenner says it is "Day 194 since wildfire was declared and 63 days since the disease abruptly went global". This would be the fourth day since Rick woke up. This means the disease has been spreading for over 6 months and has been an international pandemic for 2 months.

When he wakes up, Rick seems to have several weeks of beard stubble on his face, and the flowers on the nightstand have been dead for at least a couple of weeks. When he meets Morgan and they go to the police station, Morgan says the gas lines have been shut down for "maybe a month". Since the gas lines are in the same town as the hospital, we can assume the hospital shut down around the same time as the gas. In episode 6 (TS-19), Jenner says he has "been in the dark [meaning he hasn't had communications with anyone else] for almost a month". It is hard to believe the CDC would collapse as quickly as a small-town hospital in Georgia, but that seems to be the case.

The problem is that none of this tells us anything about how long Rick was comatose, only how long he was comatose AFTER the hospital was overrun - about a month. The stubble on his face proves that, but the hospital (or Lori) could have been shaving him while he was in the coma right up until the hospital went down.

In the first episode (Days Gone Bye), just before Rick gets shot, he and Shane are chatting about women and relationships. That would lead me to believe the disease is not in the USA yet, as they would be preoccupied with handling the outbreak (they ARE cops, and cops would be the first responders in a zombie crisis), or at least DISCUSSING it.

So if "wildfire" began outside the US, and only got to the US when it 'abruptly went global', Rick was probably in the coma for at least 2 months - at least one month while the hospital was still operational, and about one month after it was abandoned. If 'wildfire' began in the US, however, Rick has probably been in the coma for about 6 months - 5 months before the hospital shut down, and one month after.

In any case, we can be sure that he wasn't in the coma for more than a month or so after the hospital was abandoned. Although he WAS hooked up to an IV fluid drip, those bags only last a few hours to a day at most before going dry. Tube feeding would have stopped immediately upon the nurses leaving the hospital.

It is true that a person can live without food for over 2 months (though they usually lose consciousness after a month or so), and possibly longer if they are in a coma; however, we die very quickly without water. Even in relatively cool weather, going as little as 3 days without fluids can be fatal, and very few people have survived more than a couple of weeks without drinking. I've never heard of anyone living for a month without water, but it might be possible. Anything more than a few weeks to a month and Rick would never have woken up.

The only other possibility is that Rick was shot AFTER the disease became a global problem, and yet he somehow heard nothing about the outbreak or the zombies until he woke up and found Morgan. "

Take that how you want it :)

Also, lol at those forgotten mini plotpoints. In real life, it would make sense that some of those things never get an answer or "pay-off", but for storytelling, that's not really done, is it.

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:47 am

Thank you. I suppose I'm just trying to visualize exactly where our characters may generally be psychologically on a timeline. This helps! I've always heard ~2 weeks is what a human can do without water, but maybe someone's functions don't require as much if they're in a coma.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Is the writepad down again?

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Yeah, went down this afternoon methinks. I'm browsing alternative solutions.

If you know what I mean...

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 am

*wink wink*

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:49 am

In other less related but more excited news -- the comedy club emailed me wanting to book me for a Saturday night show as one of the openers for the headliner! Im so excited. Got a profile on their site and everything, haha. And it's gonna be Saturday night downtown! Should get a proper crowd. XD

Time to crank up the funnies.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:06 am

Eeeee!!! *hi-5* That's such wonderful news! You'll do great =)

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!