Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Walking Dead: Online

Storyboard

a part of “The Walking Dead: Online”, a fictional universe by Captain Calamity.

An unexplainable infection has swept the world, bringing society to its knees. You are one of the lucky ones. A survivor. But now you must do whatever it takes to survive the greatest threat of all... each other.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Walking Dead: Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Storyboard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:26 am

Have you had any thoughts on Season 3? I've put pen to paper on the finale/epilogue. So stoked to wrap this up. Next season is gonna be crazy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:07 am

I've had a couple of ideas. Harper organizing against Silas, for instance. Something tells me they're not going to get along. I've been thinking back on the idea we'd had about the meeting with Bronson about Calvin... She, Nathan, and Calvin all have an interesting bond as they started on this whole thing together, and essentially had an interview right beforehand. The recorded interview (on the tape recorder in Nathan's pocket) is still fair game—doing an interview creates personal bonds, as someone is asking questions, another is answering, etc... And this kind of an interview probably went well. So it wasn't like these people were just thrown together unawares, in kind of a way.
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:14 am

In fact, maybe something on that tape recorder can create a compelling case to save Calvin.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Ooh, I like that. I think that might be sort of the underlying focal point for Season 3... this whole Bronson vs Silas debacle. To put it into perspective, our group is kind've like Tyrese and them who wandered into the prison and found themselves caught between Rick and the Governor. Though our group had brushed with Bronson and his gang just briefly, those men were still responsible for the death of Chuck and the kidnapping of Calvin. So it's not like we don't have our own reasons to get involved. And Sarah will end up having a lot of inside information to give after spending a week with them if they ever find her... I think her and Harper will be a forced to be reckoned with.

But in a way, what it comes down to is Silas' stubbornness. He doesn't want to run away. He has too much pride in reclaiming the Capitol and making it a beacon of hope for all survivors. When pitted against a man like Bronson who is in the process of claiming the city for himself... the easiest way to solve the situation would be to leave... run away... take our chances elsewhere-- but that isn't an option for Silas. And that right there could be the core of the problem. It's the one thing Silas and Bronson have in common. They are just too proud.

So once our gang begins to sense the bigger picture at work here, I would imagine they'd have problems being dragged into a war they didn't start. In that sense, Harper and Silas might end up having more in common than they thought regarding the matter. The difference would be what they want out of it. Silas wants the Capitol back, Harper wants Calvin back... and both of those things would come easiest with Bronson dead. But that's a tall order, given their resources and manpower.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Just cleaned up the character roster... down to 30 people now. Sounds like a lot, but the list has never looked so small to me -- haha. Crazy how things have changed.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:36 am

Ow bother, WritePad is down again. I don't know if you guys still had a chance to read it, but I got a new laptop (EXCITE! OMG, ITS SO MUCH BETTER THEN THE OLD ONE!). Everything works perfectly, but now I'm gushing over all the new stuff I can do, so a bit (selfishly) occupied at the moment. Thankfully, I don't even need to post until you guys have finished off the season xD

Still, looks like you have some good ideas going forward. The main thing for the spa group will be that they would have moved on from the place and are actively going to find the others. They will probably try to head back to the cars. In th meantime, they would have dealt with a lot of *drama* and *angst*

That's it for me right now :D
Passive-aggressive signature

Zephon
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Do any of the groups have reason to believe that the others are out there? I'm all on board; just wondering if they've got the sensible, logical reason to go out!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:28 pm

I think both groups left clues behind so that the others could follow their tracks. Stevie and the written message on the cars... Rafiq with the letter in the maintenance tunnels...

It's only natural that the focal point around the tunnels would be the first place we all return to to start our search. What we didn't bank on, however, is who else might find those clues first. With Bronson's men rampant among the area now and rapidly taking control, we have to worry about whose possession those hints might fall into. One of our groups could be the unlucky ones who fall right into their hands if we aren't careful.

But it makes sense to me that both parties would want to regroup and remobilize to either find the others or put themselves in a position to be found. There will still be a heavy concentration of walkers in the area to use as both cover and distraction -- but they obviously present a danger as well.

I think it's a case-by-case basis who believes the others are alright and who doesn't. Like we mentioned before, this next season is about focusing on our priorities, as individuals and as a group... do we move forward, forsaking the community we are trying to salvage? Or do we hold on to hope? And do what we can to survive together? This season will be about the importance of unifying... finding a cause we all can get behind, even if that cause is just surviving.

What do you think?

(And congrats on the PC, Zeph! Im hoping to get a new one myself here soon... PS, Sky-- I think i found our forums. Its what most roleplays run off of: the phpbb module. Super interactive and user friendly, customizable in the right places. We could start archiving and organizing all these posts, characters, and information in a much more supportive and creative environment!)

:)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 am

I wonder how many similar pockets of survivors there are in the city similar to ours. As this season progresses we are atarting to hear about how survival in the cities took place. We happen to be in kind of a no man's land, it would seem...

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:17 am

Sky - I also think that they had bit of a shitty day and really want to get out of that place. As they need/want some sort of purpose, I think they would prefer actively trying to find the others then aimlessley walking around. And I agree that there are probably tons of small survivor groups out there in the city and the rest of the world. Would be interesting how they relate to eachother.

Case in point: the coming confrontation between our group, Bronson's crew and as somewhat-of-a-third-party-but-not-really the Capitols. And just think of how more potential factions there could be!

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:49 am

Bingo... we're just some of those urban survivors, thus far. It's been interesting seeing the television series get exposed to those kinds of survivors!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:13 pm

I'd like to, if I may, point out a few things about Lisa that may be worth considering as the opener for the next season is being developed... Lisa has a special kind of leadership quality that is somewhat overlooked. She sort of provides structure where she goes, in kind of a happy-go-lucky fashion. In the group that hid up in the abandoned home in the Hills, she was the one who decided to get up early, make breakfast, do laundry, make lunch, make dinner, talk to people... sort of like the "mom" that sort of tells everyone where to go and what the day looks like. She doesn't make key planning/strategy decisions when it comes to dealing with walkers, etc.; instead, she values keeping people steady, meeting their needs, and hopefully keeping people calm. Lisa has sort of an "unsung hero" role to play in many ways.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:09 pm

It's funny you mention that, cause I've been perusing some profiles of characters I'm still feeling out, and hers was one I lingered on for a good while. For some reason, I can't shake that "Yoga Jones" vibe (Orange Is The New Black) which I mentioned to you awhile back. She definitely isn't as much of a soft-spoken pushover as that character though -- as her profile described her as more of an outspoken individual. But I still have trouble pinning her down. Part of the reason id love to have you start writing with the spa group Sky (since three of your characters are over there anyhow). Same goes with getting Zeph busy over with the Capitols -- even if that means adding another character or two. Or twelve...

On a sidenote: I drafted the profiles for the bus crew finally. Again, if you guys wanna pitch in on some characters -- I'd love that. It's an interesting blend of people... they'll be introduced in our epilogue.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Think less Yoga Jones and more Carmela Soprano!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:22 am

I know, I know! You told me that. I just havent seen that side of her yet. Carmela was kind've a bitch wasn't she? As well-reasoned as she may have been. Lisa seems like such a sweetheart. Mostly cause that's how I've been writing her, haha

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:19 am

Carmela can totally be a bitch, but she is the person who keeps that family going through everything they face—she keeps the family going and makes things seem as normal as possible by continuing to do what she feels is her job: to run her home and care for those she loves. Lisa is the same way—she just doesn't have that yoke of bitterness hanging around her neck! :)

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:17 am

Noted about Lisa! It's kind funny about the spa group, in that the people who usually want to be leaders are now gone. Rafiq is some sort of default Glenn-type leader, but it's not like he will feel threatened when somebody like Lisa will have an opinion. I'm guessing she will also step into Jessica's "spot" for at least a while, because she is dealing with her own stuff at the moment.

And I'm feeling highly inadequate for not having seen the Sopranos...

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Lisa will keep things flowing "normally"—she'll talk to people, gauge their comfort level, find work to do, etc... She'll even be the kind who might get Althea or Tara to go look for supplies to cook with, or find some kind of work to do (make face masks out of towels?). She won't interfere on tactical decisions, but more so on "everyday" stuff. After a really dysfunctional marriage, raising two children on her own and working and going to school full-time and then moving cross-country to go open her own chiropractic practice, Lisa is a whole lot smarter and well-adjusted than her cheery nature lets on.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Here, she's a more mature and steady ESFJ: http://www.16personalities.com/esfj-personality

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:25 am

That's actually very helpful insight. I haven't really focused too much on using her or Althea as of late, cause I want you to be able to put your stamp on it -- so hopefully I didn't lead us too far astray.

And I don't quite know what Jessica's role in the greater group is going to be moving forwards. I think part of her ability to jump in and help guide the group was really fueled by the fact that she had Sam to protect. That's really all she had left. She hasn't become too close with any one person in the group, so it's a bit like losing her other half. That was all she had left from the old world. It'll be interesting to see where she goes now.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!