Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Sword That Heals (interest check/OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Sword That Heals (interest check/OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Back in the distant time of the Mayans, a Human seperated his soul through a combustion of power and became two mirror beings, one of pure darkness and another of pure light. They were fighting and searching for a sword that seemed to contain the power to reverse all wounds on anyone it slices, but before either of them could grab the blade, they were imprisoned in Archs, which are a petrifying spell that turns the people to sone and seals their power away. Only the great force of clashing dimensions can free them forn the Archs, and that day has arrived. 2014, a rip in the fabric of time has unleashed a chained dragon into the middle of the city. nothing can go near it and the dragon itself cannot move because of its chains, but his leage of minions have been unleashed and whenever one of them is killed in combat or dies in suicide, a chain is broken. Once four chains release the dragon, he shall redo his circle of destruction by absorbing this dimension and causing nothing to exist anymore and become imprisioned in chains again only to appear in another dimension to destroy it. A group of young "heroes" have also risen to stop the minons from their destruction. Which side will you fight for?

If people are interested I'll post up character sheets. Also tell me what you think about the story. The minons will be other players and the "heroes" will be played by players too. The Mirror Beings can be played by players as I will be playing the Being of Light. Someone else can take the Being of Darkness.
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A Sword That Heals (interest check/OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:46 pm

New details I forgot to mention earlier!!!

Everyone gets a special ability as long as it's not over powering and people can also have some magic based skills. Weapons can also have a special ability as long as it is not overpowered and does not make you god like when combined with your special ability. Everyone is allowed to have ONE transformation max and does not make you overpowered and you cannot have a transformation if your weapon has an ability. The person who takes the Being of Darkness does not have to pick a side and I, the Being of Light, must not take a side either so whoever takes the Being of Darkness can choose if they wish to fight for the Heros, Minions, or neither. Whoever picks the being of darkness also is allowed TWO Special abilites as will I. For everyone else they must have a max of ONE and are not required to have one. A MAX of TWO characters per player.

Not official....

Fusions are not official yet. If people are interested in this then I might be able to squeeze it in, but haveing two people control one character is a bit difficult unless they fuse with another character they control.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dark_angel_ on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Heyy I have a chracter I wanna use if you say it's cool I'll edit this post and post her charrie sheet here instead of a link^^

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/nightshade-academy/characters/carlina-vitali/
My name is NOT "The Dark Lord Happy- Pants" and I am NOT allowed to sign my papers as such... Well thats a stupid rule :P

dark_angel_
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:36 pm

the character seems pretty good so you can use them. I haven't made an official character sheet yet since I'm still waiting for more people to be interested so please tell your friends about this!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shpleem on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm in, still working on my character though, mostly likely joining the minions.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"~Arthur C Clarke. Wise words from a wise man.

Shpleem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 am

very well. I know of at least 2 others that might join but no one has taken the Being of Darkness yet. Any takers?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:05 pm

CHARACTER SHEET

Name:
Appearance:
Side (Minion/Hero):
Weapon(s):
Magic?:
Ability?:
Transformation?:
Personality:
History:

Remeber not to overpower your people and read the character rules in thr first and second post please! I'll post up the Being of Light's CS shortly

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Name: Kross Fang
Sex: Male

Appearance: Image He wears black cargo pants

Side (Minion/Hero): Hero

Weapon(s): Image (not a keyblade *wink wink*)

Magic: Can use various spells to change his eyesight ie. night vision, xray, heat vision (not heat beams he can see heat). He can also summon his weapon using magic (kinda like a keyblade)

Ability: He can use telekinesis on his weapons (only his weapons) to move them with his mind

Transformation: Image without the sword, he still uses his old one. This transformation increases his speed and gives him the grace of a cat allowing him to jump to great heights and perform amazing acrobatic skills. He goes into this mode only when he becomes enraged, which isnt very often.

Personality: Kross is a dark and brooding individual, he rarely speaks to anybody. But despite his appearance he cares about all life and wants to protect everyone. Kross is an outstanding fighter and has created his own fighting style using his unique ability.

History: AS a child Kross moved to Japan with his family. At the age of 8 his parents were killed by a gunman and he was forced into a foster home. He stayed there because no one wanted him, and at the age of 18 he was allowed to leave. He vowed revenge on the killer and got it that same week, he tortured the asshole until his guts were spilling through the hole Kross had cut into his stomach, this was the first time Kross transformed as well. Kross is very emo and depressive because of his parents death but he is getting over it. He hunts down the minions mercilessly to save the world he now loves, but unknown to him for each one he kills the closer the dragon comes to release and the closer he comes to the final conflict.
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the Nexus Friend Code

5144-5273-5585

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Accepted!!!!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dark_angel_ on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm just gonna leave her page a link....I'm uber busy right now because i have out of state company but i'll try to get on as much as i can^^

dark_angel_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Name: Nexus
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Side (Minion/Hero): Undecided
Weapon(s):
Magic: Hikaritana - Covers his blade in a thin layer of light that can cut through darkness.
Ability:
Transformation: TBR
Personality:
History:

That's all for now

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knightsofsin on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm

This looks promising. I'll take a Minion spot if you don't mind.

Knightsofsin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shpleem on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Name: Midas
Sex: Considered Male
Race: Golem
Appearance: 7ft stone Golem. Adamantite plating on shoulders, forearms and shins. Plating is inlaid with decorative gold. No neck, head sits between the shoulders. During powerful attacks or resting periods magic core can be seen exposed by sliding chest armor.
Side (Minion/Hero): Minion (Magic programming can be subverted by powerful exertion of magic upon magic core)
Weapon(s): Nearby Objects
Magic?: see ability
Ability?: "Hand of Midas" requires great exertion and drain on magic core, effect: transmute object to gold
Transformation?: none
Personality: Very little, pimary concern is mission objective. Is slowly develloping a personality from interaction with other beings.
History: Midas was created by a powerful sorceror to combat the Dimension Destroying Dragon in a soon destroyed dimension. At some point the sorceror's programming was subverted by either the Dragon or one of its minions. Though lacking in creativity and initiative, Midas makes up for this in shear tenacity and brute strength. Unable to go against his subverted programming Midas has become a powerful weapon of destruction. It is possible that a fragment of his original heroic programming still remains.

This is a work in progress if changes need to be made let me know.

Shpleem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:43 pm

@Shpleem - Alright, that works.

@ Everyone else - Minions in the RP cannot commit suicide. That just takes the fun away. Don't do it!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shpleem on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:52 pm

No need to worry Midas is incapable of self-termination.

Shpleem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dark_angel_ on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:01 pm

When are you posting an IC?

dark_angel_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Whne I get more people. I still need more minions and someone to take the Being of Darkness.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dark_angel_ on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:10 pm

mkay cool^^

dark_angel_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 pm

I might end up taking the Being of Darkness, but I'd really like to have a hero or minion... Oh well.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 am

roleplay/a-sword-that-heals/

It's up. Post your characters into it

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!