Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tamer Wars

Tamer Wars

a part of “Tamer Wars”, a fictional universe by DarkPhoenix.

The time for the Tamer League has come, new and old will clash in this game of monsters, but who will come out on top.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Tamer Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Tamer Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:58 am

Well, I don't want this rp to get generic. I may allow this, but I don't want everyone to start pm'ing me saying "If someone can be half demon, I want to be an over powered dragon!"

If you want your character to be half demon,this character can not be overpowered. Stronger magic is fine, but that means your character has to be a mage because if your a Battlemage there is a possibility for overpowered attacks when mixing melee. Now if you have strong magic your strength and defense will have to go down, like your character pours all of their power into magic attacks and is vulnerable when using magic.

If there is something about this character's story you wish to tell me, you can send me a pm.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:10 am

Fine by me. The demon seems to be stronger anyway, the tamer's just versatile. As for the side-story, I'll just play along and if it gets into the character's story, I'll elaborate. Think of it as a fully optional side-quest, I guess, so you could forget about it if you like. His backstory will remain the same even if we don't run into it, it'd just unlock his memory or something. Maybe give an extra skill or change his personality or something, depending on how it works out. I have it sorta planned.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arcanus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:22 am

I just have one problem with the character, you have him using a sword. The usual mage weapon would be a staff, or an object. Something that the Mage would channel their magic into, bladed weapons that channel magic are usually for Battlemages

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:30 am

Hm. Now that is a problem. Maybe I'll just have it as a magic sword, one that's really weak in melee combat. He'll be staying away from the battle anyway, his demon acting as a tank. Two people attacking the same target would get a little crowded, after all. So should I just make it a magic-oriented sword that's crap for physical fighting, or is a typical staff my only choice? Versatility is the name of Katsurou's game.

Arcanus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:02 pm

well if the sword is weak in melee then it will work

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Magic Sword, then. That's good, because I really can't imagine someone like him using a staff. So that's the only problem?

Arcanus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:33 pm

yea that was the only problem, also mages don't just use staffs some use objects like musical instruments or maybe teddy bears that double as shields.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arcanus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Teddy bears that double as shields! Oh, I'm reminded of Lulu from FFX. I know I said Katsurou wouldn't use staffs for anything, but a staff is a great idea compared to that. Ah, hilarious.

So I'm all good?

Arcanus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:23 pm

I love these characters, how two of the guys have feminine names, how no one is the same class, the diversity in demons and personality...

I also love the songs that accompany them.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JustQuit on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Very true Talisman.

JustQuit
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Agreed. Diversity is a good thing, what most role plays seem to lack, or just don't really have. it makes such role plays interesting and attract different kinds of role players.

Also, I didn't notice two male's had feminine names? Lol.

Yay, this should be very interesting. Especially because my character seems to have the weakest demons. (Hurray for low levels!) Anywho, if we could only get that one person who'd play the fighter. At least that way, we would have all the different classes at least once. (:3)
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Dont accept my carrie just yet, i will have to finish it off another time. e.e

badboyej
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 pm

same for me, i Need to add the other demon :D
But i love the idea of the RP.
Tell me if you want me to change anything before adding me kay? thanks man.
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:47 pm

So when do we start posting? XD
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ureshic on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Hmm... Looks interesting, I'll hit it up if I can!

Ureshic
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:36 am

Edited Ash again. Added in some legit abilities (Shield Bash and Limit Break) and added his shield into his skills.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:36 am

this is getting really good. i need to post a char already, before my ideas are snapped up

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:22 am

Suddenly. Activity. Which is good. Lol.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:03 am

I will start the posting later today or tomorrow, I have to create some characters before we can start.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:36 am

My second demon will be up by tonight (give me 12 hours :D) since i got work on a sunday D:

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!