Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

TF2: Back to Work!

a part of “TF2: Back to Work!”, a fictional universe by Vestigial.

Fired after the deaths of Blutarch and Redmond, the mercenaries had attempted to reintegrate into society. Called once again though to fight for Mann Co, they face a new challenge. RED and BLU working together. [WIP]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “TF2: Back to Work!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestigial on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:31 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "TF2: Back to Work!"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vestigial
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: TF2: Back to Work!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:46 am

Ooh, a Team Fortress 2 Roleplay. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, not many play it on this site, but you've done a beautiful job with the introduction. I'd certainly love to join, possibly as a Medic or Engie, but I'm still deciding. Maybe I'll play some MVM first.

Also, I'm assuming it's possible to use the non-standard weapons, which classes might switch to with different matches, such as a Medic changing mediguns or a Soldier with his launcher or secondary. I could imagine an Engie wanting to use the Frontier Justice on one match, but decide that a Rescue Ranger is better. And speaking of which, I suppose the updates will be taken into account later on in the RP. Say, by the time the Robots attack Bigrock, they'll have introduced the Mecha-Engies, but the Engineer will have recieved the Rescue Ranger to combat Sentry Busters. And then later on, when they attack the Medic's hometown Rottenburg, the Medic will have finally made his breakthrough that gives him the ability to revive teammates and create projectile shields. That will certainly be important without Respawn, but of course, the Deus-Ex Machina can't work at the start, as there needs to be a clear threat of dying, aint that right? And the Engie has to realize the exact fear of which is a Sentry Buster.

And also, Power-Up Canteens.I assume nobody's going to have them at the start, but maybe later, Mann Co. might supply them. And Upgrades, I'm assuming overtime, every class is going to be upgrading their weapons.

Oh, and come to think of it, weren't the robots powered by money? Isn't that the reason the Mercs were interested in the job? I think it's important to mention exactly what kind of roles each class has on MVM, like how the Scout is mainly in charge of charging in and grabbing the battle spoils, while a Spy can Sap robots or a Sniper can blow robots up with an explosive headshot.

... I'm gunna go play some MVM now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:19 am

May I reserve a female RED scout? I have not played the game, but I love the idea of both the roleplay and the game. Except I'm not so into MMO FPS. my favorite character is Soap from the Call of Duty Modern Warfare series.

Rabidness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestigial on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 am

Alright, awesome!

Thanks both.

@Lloyd- I have changed some things so they work better for roleplaying. For example, that money thing. In this case, not every spot is going to be taken up. To have a reason for that, I've made it so that they have to be convinced to help, so that shows that not all of them are going to attend.

It is a WIP so I definitely will be explaining a bit more of MvM, probably when I put up the character form.

Vestigial
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestigial on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Can't PM people or even post Topics until I get enough posts apparently.

Vestigial
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestigial on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:47 pm

So I'm just going to keep posting here.

Vestigial
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestigial on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Until I get enough posts. (However many that is. Heh.)

Vestigial
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Submitted her! Hope she is approved. I think you need to make 10 posts to PM, Vestiigal.

Rabidness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestigial on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Oh, thanks.
Off to post on random topics I go, haha.

Anyways, I would love some more information on how exactly she became a Mercenary, but other than that, she's great!

I'll have my Sniper up hopefully tonight, may be tomorrow afternoon though. Feel free to invite any friends to this roleplay, I'll be posting a board to attract more people later and messaging some as well, haha.

Vestigial
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:30 pm

I shall tweak her a bit, then. Thanks, I will add some more details of the drunken party.

Rabidness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vestigial on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Wonderful, she's accepted. I'll be getting mine in today as well, hopefully the other person who showed interest before as well will be joining, haha.

Vestigial
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Need Vestigial's character here! Hey, are you getting in RED Sniper soon, Vestigial? Because I would be willing to take on more than one role if needed. Also, you can edit your characters by going to the "My Roleplays" by hovering over the "Roleplay" button at the top, then clicking "My Characters" after you click on the "My Roleplays" button. It should be easy to edit the character from there. Anyway, getting him in soon?

Rabidness
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!