Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In The Ashes Of Man

In The Ashes Of Man

a part of “In The Ashes Of Man”, a fictional universe by NarrowEye.

After an all-out nuclear war, the world is beginning to wake up again. Although civilization doesn't seem to come back at all.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In The Ashes Of Man”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] In The Ashes Of Man

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:57 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "In The Ashes Of Man"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] In The Ashes Of Man

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Heavy mindfuck. Erm... RPG style?(Meaning our characters abilities grow along the RP road).
Will take some time if I am going to set up a character for this. :|
If I lets say.. Choose to be a Ranger/Sharpshooter. Am I allowed to have a sniper rifle at the start of the RP?
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Nope me friend, that won't be possible.
You all start out with the same equipment, but I'll make sure that the most basic equipment for all classes are available as soon as the Rp starts.
And the RPG thing sounds good to me.
I was so much put into a state of 'I-wanna-make-a-Fallout-3-RPG-OMG!!!' So this is what I ended up with :o

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm

aww too bad. Well then it's off to the inventor :P

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Your view of what caliber handguns should be which is very skewed. And I appologize for harping on this, but I am a gun nut. You should start at .22LR, not .32. It's a smaller round, and has much less damage. Then you should move up to 9mm, then other small pistol rounds like the 7.62x25 round. At the very top of the small caliber list should be .38 special, used in small revolvers. But that's at the very top. In the rifle world, between 9mm carbine, and .30 carbine.

At the bottom of medium should be the .38 super, used in some pistols, and it should range all the way up to .40S&W. This should be the narrowest category of pistol, because there isn't much of a gap between low stopping power, and high stopping power in pistol world. Rifle and larger, this realm should be the home of all but high-power rifle cartridges. 30-30, .308, .300WM, and the like. The top being 38-40W.

The rest should be high caliber. The bottom of the high power should be .45 ACP. The .45 is slow, but doesn't need to be fast, as it hits hard as eff. And I know for a fact that the .357 magnum round can put a grapefruit sized hole in a man's chest. The same goes for rifles. Anything above 38-40W, should just be high. Because after .400HHM, pretty much anything has limb removing capability.
The formula for kinetic energy is Mass x Volume Squared divided by half. So, let's take something like.... The .408 CheyTac. The bullet weighs about 305 grains, or close to 20 grams. The bullet itself flys about 3,500 FPS, (2386.3636363636365 Miles per hour). So, plug that into a calculator (of course, changing measurements to preform mathmatical equasions). After a long and lengthy mathmatical equasion you should come out with close to 8,300 foot pounds of force behind a bullet like such. Devistation isn't a strong enough word.

My point is behind all this, you should definitely be a little wider with your bullet calibers. That and the . goes in front of the bullet caliber.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 am

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll take it to me, and edit the Introduction.
I'm glad you pointed it out, as I myself am not the greatest gun fan.
I'm more into tactical missiles :p

Thanks again for pointing it out. :D

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:35 am

No problem. I kind of had the feeling it was based from Fallout 3, which of course is a little skewed itself on damage from weapons. But it's understandable.

Ah, missles. Why shoot it, when you can blow anything around it up? Unfortunately, I am only knowledgable with handheld rocket-launcher systems. But the big ICBMs, I'm just clueless about.

Like I said, sorry to harp on it like that. I probably seemed like a jerk. But on the bright side, I was actually wondering about a few things. About your roleplay:

1. Could I in theory, not be a wanderer, but say....a man camping out in an abandoned farm silo, or somesuch? Starting with equipment? Probably a scavenged hunting rifle, or maybe even a Mosin Nagant. Just something that is able to handle a lot of abuse, and very common.

2. Would it be feasable to have a mercenary company that wasn't all blood guts and money. And one that wouldn't have to scream their name as they tried to kill you. (TALON COMPANY!) If so, would you allow me to create/be inside of the ranks of that mercenary group?

3. How big of a role is the stat "LUCK" going to come into play?

4. Would it be possible for a character to have a negetive number in a stat? Say in.....Resistance? And perhaps that character was very very sensitive to radiation?

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Don't worry, I wasn't offended if that's what you think.
I'm in fact quite thankful, as reaching perfection came a step closer.

And now to my answering.

No, I'm sorry but I want everyone to start out equally, but you can of course set your character together, so that he recently lost his gun.
That'd be fine, but as I just said. Equality for everyone! (Communism? You got it!)

If you want to be alligned with a mercenary group then ok.
I'm totally fine with that, I may even add factions if people enough join ^^

Well, Lemme say it like this.
How often are you lucky?
It won't be going to do that much, but it'll sure tip over the ballance, should it happen that people seem to be countering eachother too well.

Haven't given it a thought, but I think that'd be ok.
And surely you can put the minused stat into your attribute pool.

EDIT:
Damn, it's too late for me, to put my own charries and NPCs out now T_T
But surely I'll have my role out in eight hours.
That'll be 7 AM in EU :D

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Lol, it'll be awhile before I got a good charrie on this. Will make him. Or her, as soon as possible. XD

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quantumlegacy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm reading over the setup now and bringing a friend along we are planning on joining the action.
Role-play forever.

Quantumlegacy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Cool, I hope this turns out good, because then I'll surely make more RPG-style roleplays.
I love to create a system for it.
And I can easily come up with a universe. Although I'll end up using days to make the game description xD

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Lol, if you need any help, I'll be glad to get some of that work off your hands. XD
Seriously though, just ask if you need help.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Sure thing Archl, I'd love to pendle about coming RPs
Just look at my two shooting stars!
*sniff* I can't stop getting tears in my eyes when I see such healthy RPs by myself xD

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Aww, how cute. Lol. Wait what?! *puts on coolface* I mean. Yeah, two epic shooting stars of awesomeness!

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Okiz, submitted character, maybe too many tools? Though anyhow, something wrong, just notify me about it XD
EDIT: Quick question, these attributes. Can get better? Or will you only have those 12 points?

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 am

I think you could cut off some of the things, or just make them more crappy.
Look at my role for an example, poor thing got a stone for a hammer :/

Attributes? Maybe, maybe not.
I've been playig with the idea of making optional side-quests, where you can earn attribute points or goods ^^

And to all of you not yet approved... Is it really that hard to understand that you can't start with all those things!?
Really, I must've written it in here, AND in the game description!
Everybody starts with the things mentioned in the game description, and any eventual non-helpful, personal effects.
Personal effects = A journal / diary.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 am

Well ok. But I was like. Cool and all. But how did I fix those things then? Did all mt euipment suddenly break before I arrived at the suburb? Lol.
Anyhow, fine, I'll edit some of the things and probably will just have a rusty wrench or something XD

EDIT: There editted into probably something more.. Logcal to your standards XD

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Church on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi i just submited a character and i have a quick question: is this RP based off the fallout series? because if it is thats pretty cool i just wish there was a Bioshock RP (sigh).

Church
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Yes, it is of course based off the Fallout game series.
I am a huge fan of the "Nuclear Apocalypse" scenario.
And yeah, too bad there's no Bioshock RPs D:

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Did somebody say Bioshock? :3

Byte
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!