Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Fall of Azazel

The Fall of Azazel

a part of “The Fall of Azazel”, a fictional universe by Dashmiel.

For a thousand years Azazel, the Prince of Darkness has been biding his time. He had fallen, but now he will rise again. And his goal is to reduce the world to ashes.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Fall of Azazel”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Fall of Azazel

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Link to the IC: The Fall of Azazel

Well, hello there my fellow denizens of RPG. Welcome to my newest adventure and first epic I introduce to these, the esteemed halls of Role Play Gateway. I bring to you, a vast open world in which at any given time you can join in and be a part of, whether it is in being involved in the main plot, or enjoying a leisurely evening killing villagers and burning houses (Or trying to stop someone doing so, but, meh, where is the fun in that?) I realize a lot of you are used to rather quick-paced guided role plays. This is not one of those. While there indeed will be a major plot that I will partake in, and lead any who chose, it is indeed quite optional, and you have the freedom to join and leave it as you will. The major theme of this RP is the fight between seemingly evil and good. Seemingly being the key-word, for as you embark in this venture, I will show you what happens when the lines of morality are blurred to the point of non-existence. This is not going to be a happy place, and even a happy ending will be bitter-sweet at best, because remember, killing evil and triumphing, does not change the fact you killed, and what you view as evil, views you as evil. So come, abandon all hope, and join or attempt to hinder as the very persona of the devil attempts to reduce the world to ashes. Will you burn, fight the fire, or do the burning? The choice, is yours.

Now, I will give you a highlight of the story, races, and some notes on the character development process, along with the all important rules.

Story:
The story, in case you did not gather from the writing up there (Or did not bother to read, and scrolled down here to see what the heck this is all about) is about the forces of (seemingly) good and evil battling each other. The Rp I'm envisioning is going to be a grim one, where goodness is not as shiny as Man thinks, and darkness even darker. It will be a rather mature role-play, not just because it is open to all sorts of things within reason and the loose rules of RPG, but because of the very themes it will touch. It will be rife with death, treason, disappointment, evil, and the rest. It will be a sort of dark fantasy, if you need a specific genre. I myself will take the role of Azazel, while the role of Yertreis will remain mostly as a behind the scenes character unless I arbitrarily deem it otherwise. Now, I suppose I should make the rest of the information you need neat and tidy shouldn't I?

Setting: The story will take place in a period known to humanity as the Dark Ages. In other words, as far as Man goes, it's medieval. It can and will take place in three realms: Hell, Heaven, and what we know as Earth, with Earth being the primary plane, and the starting point for everyone. Anywhere you can think of to start is fine, but in the interest of simplicity, I will eventually focus the action in a very Europe-y land.

A few places of interest are:

The city of Bellanuva-The center of the known human world, where all learning and fashion springs into the four corners of what the humans consider their world. Major landmarks are: The Arcanum University, where all matters are studied. The High Plaza, a gigantic open square, and the very center of commerce in the world. Bellanuva Castle, home to the Monarchs who rule upon the city and all the lands around it. And the Dark Slums, the place where the lowest of the lowest lay, and where things not human are said to mingle in humanity’s affairs. Humans being the busy beings they are, are always building and remodeling, and changing, and doing this and that. As a result, one can find almost anything in the city of Bellanuva.

The 9th circle of Hell-The center of Hell, and home to Vlak Master of Shadows, Prime of the Demyans, the highest of all demons, who runs Hell and was created personally and solely by Azazel before his fall. Major Landmarks are: It’s hell folks, not a tourist spot. The Road of Pain connects all the circles of hell, should you somehow find yourself down there. It winds down in a spiral into the lower circles, and is heavily guarded by demons of all order. Upon the entrance to The Road of Pain sits Cerberus, a demon in the form of a three headed dog who guards entrance into hell. It is said that the Damned Ones roam around in Hell from time to time, sending messages between Azazel and his loyal servant Vlak. The Damned Ones are the three Seraphim whom Azazel made in his image, and carry powers rivaled only by The Immortals or the Holy Three. It is said that any wishing to ally with Azazel are wise to seek their approval first, as they are very adamant in insisting their Master’s time is not wasted.

New Eden- The Jewel of the Heavens, and the holiest bastion of light. Angels and all souls deemed holy live here. It is guarded by the 7th order Archangels, warrior Seraphim’s combining the goodness of Yertreis and the power of Azazel. It is ruled by the Holy Three, three Seraphim’s of unspeakable power, created by Yertreis herself to counter Azazel’s Damned Ones. In the midst of it all, Yertreis herself is said to live, but none who live, ever lived, or walk dead know for a fact, as Immortals are accountable by none. It is said that only Azazel and Yertreis know how to gain entrance to the deepest part of Eden. Major Landmarks are: The Saintly Gates, entrance into New Eden. The Tower of the Moon and Sun, home to the cradle of Magic. And the Uroboros Chamber, rumored entrance to the Other Side of New Eden, where Yertreis and Azazel first lived, and where the power of Creation first placed them.

NOTE: This are only a few places I have named for those who want a location to guide them. You are all welcomed and encouraged to invent your own settings.

Races: You have unprecedented liberty here folks. As long as you can argue it is fit for a "fantasy" you can have it. Humans, Angels, Demons, Vampires (Please, I highly value the Children of the Night, so don't butcher them. They need not be the old style though I would prefer it, but I swear, if you try to say they are sparkly, I will not only ignore you, I will also not acknowledge the fact you are a sentient being entirely), Lycans, Elves, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Ponies, I don't care. As long as you can properly role play as whatever it is you chose, I am fine with that.

Character Development: You will not need to adhere to any specific "Character Skeleton" or "Bio Sheet" or whatever. In fact, by all means, if you feel like it, jump right in and go "naked" or "sheet less". If you chose to do so however, somewhere in the first post, there needs to be a substantial description of what and who you are. Few that I have seen here can pull that off, but if you can go ahead. For those who do make a "Character Sheet" A few lines won't cover it. I will judge each character on a separate case basis, but the general rule is, none of those Mary Sue's or Anti-Mary Sue's or whatever the hell you guys like to call it. You know, the bland tasteless guys and gals. Below is a sample template for you to use should you feel the need for it. It is by no means all inclusive, and can be edited for your purposes. I recommend using it, but like I said, each character is judged by it’s own merit, and you need not use it to get accepted.

Name:
Race:
Appearance: (All pictures must be backed with a written description, mostly for the fact that I want to see if you could do without it if you had to, rather than take the easy way out)
Usual Clothing/Armor: (At the very least, what you are starting out with)
Weapons:
Magic and/or other abilities (Including Race inherent abilities, such as a Vampire's preternatural speed or a Lycan's sense of smell)
Bio(graphy):(Who is your character? What has their life been, up to this point?)
Other:(Whatever else you might wish to add or tell me about your character)

Important NOTE: This role-play is not based on any religion, and the liberties I have taken on it's stories are my own ideas and not meant to insult anyone's belief system. If you do not like it, or can't be mature enough to realize it is not "real" then by all means, stay OUT of it.

Well folk, that is it for the OOC. Submit your characters if you want, and I will either accept them or PM you if I need anything further from you.

IC thread coming soon, after I'm done inviting a bunch of oldies.
Last edited by Dashmiel on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Fall of Azazel

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Yay, your back!!! =) I was waiting for you to restart this RP from when you came back last time. So glad to see you decided to do it, I really missed it.
Socrates once said........ To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Hello there Orion, I am certainly back, as is Azazel. This time it will be done through to the bitter end. I'm still working around the Roleplay tab, figuring out what works and what not. The IC for it should be up in a few hours, so in the meantime feel free to submit your character, and get ready for some action. This time around I will be more strict in the posting quality, but its nothing you wouldn't be able to work with.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey, I wasn't part of this roleplay the first time around, but this looks promising. I've just recently started roleplaying on this site more and I like what I see. Anyone mind describing the world of this roleplay? I mean, what time period is Gai in at the moment? Don't want to create a pirate if it's in the modern age or a rifleman in the Classical Era.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Hello there. To give you a quick and simple answer, it takes place in the Classical Era. I'm still in the process of editing the main OOC post, so there will be more info in a few minutes.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Ah, thanks. Sorry for bothering you then. Can't wait. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Do by any chance have the link to the old RP? I would love to be able to revive my old character.

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Sure do Orion. Direct Link to your character in fact.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:23 pm

I want to join this, but I want to pass this character concept by you.

I plan on using a Seraphim that appeared to mankind in the early years, and was revered as a god (Really, he was a messenger of Yertreis, but the people didn't really understand him properly, and thought that *he* was the god). For a time, his followers grew in number. Ergo, his power began to expand greatly. Due to this, his fellow Seraphin eye him with both awe and fear. Soon enough, a conspiracy begins to unfold, as others wish to cast him down. Shortly after, his followers begin to dwindle in number, and thus, he loses his power.The conspirators frame him, and he is cast into the lowest depths of Hell. From there, he slowly plans his return.

His "alliance" with Azazel would be mutual, but shaky nonetheless. Would you approve of it?
fisssh

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:22 am

It could work, and could be accepted. I realize that is just a concept you're throwing around, so before I can say for sure, flesh it out a bit more, make a character following it, and then PM it. I'm quite picky about who I accept, so I can't tell you for sure until I've seen the finished concept.

If you have any more questions let me know.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey Dashmiel I was wondering what your policy on having two characters is. I wouldn't start a second one right away but I was thinking of reviving my friends old character from the last RP, Ororot... or however it was spelt (definitely qualifies as a weird name).

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:56 pm

If you can handle it, you're more than welcome to two characters.

Also, so far it seems like we will be good to start soon, probably as soon as tomorrow. I'll post here to let you guys know when I've begun working on the IC.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey, just wondering whats up. Having a bit of writers block?... No? Well whatever is up there ins't a rush, i'm just ideally waiting around for the moment I can start posting.

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:59 pm

No writers block, I was just waiting on a key character to join, and I had a huge migraine yesterday which forced me to go to sleep. The IC will be up later today, I'll write back here when it's open and then it's good to go.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

So, will we be using an IC forum thread? I don't know about the others, but I just started joining roleplays with that format and it only seems to show the latest page of the roleplay.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 pm

I'll be making an IC thread in the play by post forum and I'll link it here. It might take me a while though, having some severe problems with my connection and power due to a storm. If for whatever reason it is not up tonight that means I got disconnected and could not get back on, in which case I will put it up tomorrow morning (it's 11 PM for me atm, and I got a headache again, so I might just go to sleep since this storm is pretty bad and just opening this OOC post took nearly 15 minutes, sorry guys.)

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 pm

It's fine with me. It's your roleplay and it would be best to have you here when it begins, I think. Hope your headache gets better.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:15 am

Well, I've submitted a character and no need to tell me, I've read all the other posts here, so yeah, I'll give you all the time you want for this. I'm just going to start off with Ichor, however, down the line I also plan on making a second character (I want to try out something new).

Cheers and I'm just as eager as everyone else to see this RP coming back to life!
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Glad to have you back Sax!

The IC is now open and can be found Here.

I'm off to school now, but I'll be back later in about 4 hours. Feel free to post all your intros and get started.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Hello everybody! Forgive me for neglecting the OOC up until now. Anyway, I have posted so please enjoy. To answer your question, yes I did rip the original introduction I posted but made many changes that have taken me a few days to write. Last time I let my character derail, but now you can expect a darker version of Raziel who shows no remorse – and has a past that you’ll be just DYING to know.

Also, I did start out in a city of my own creation and would prefer not to have a lot of interaction there without my approval. For now, I’m trying to stray from all the big fish because Raziel is far too weak to deal with most of you. But be warned, he is a force to be reckoned with.

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!