Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Last Story Ever Told

The Last Story Ever Told

a part of “The Last Story Ever Told”, a fictional universe by Dex.

Sci-fi Fantasy roleplay. Join Captain Reinhardt's Crew of misfits as they traverse the galaxy, fighting all-comers and maybe even accidentally kidnapping a princess or two.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Last Story Ever Told”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Last Story Ever Told

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sun May 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that Nihilus (Or Nick as I like to call him) has an insanely busy schedule so I allowed him to have an antagonist role. I was just going to npc (as in everyone can control) the enemies, but the character will be throughout the roleplay. Plus, it allows him to only have to post once or twice a week and I can tell him if he needs to directly (Via chasing him down at work and forcing him to do it).

Alright, I have to eat then I will post the intro. So, it should be up within the next two hours.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Alright, intro is up and we are good to go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Mon May 21, 2012 1:32 am

Sorry, I accidentally posted a blank, so got to get to work on actually writing something in it! :P

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Okay, posted! Time to sit back and watch the magic happen.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deathsky on Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi! i created a charie but i have a question... do the people we play have to be older than 16?
And is my charie good or do i need to work on it?
When life gives you lemons, go to ebay and get money!
Pet's name: Starclan

Deathsky
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Tue May 22, 2012 7:15 pm

@ Deathsky

Yes, she is a little young for the roleplay. Also, your character sheet could be a bit "bulkier."

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deathsky on Tue May 22, 2012 9:07 pm

K ill work on it. I will get it in tomorrow.

Deathsky
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 am

Can I just go ahead and ask how the hell a 14-year-old girl would be able to hold a 50 cal shotgun, let alone fire one? I mean, I'm no gun expert, but I imagine those'll be pretty damn huge. I'm just sayin'.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu May 24, 2012 12:38 am

In agreement with GT's statement, I have presented the following links in Exhibits A, B and C for your viewing pleasure.

Exhibit A: Piss-poor weapon design is Cheaper Than Dirt.

Exhibit B: The appropriate term for a shottie such as this (Ex. A) is a"12 Gauge," as "Caliber" refers to most standard firearms, and "Gauge" is used to measure the bore diameter of a shotgun.

Exhibit C: Keep in mind the .50 Caliber description is the "Muzzleloader," not the actual shottie.

Facts: The barrels of this shotgun are 24" (61 cm) in length alone, and the entire weapon, fully assembled weighs over seven lbs (approximately 3.18 Kilos) and is well over 43" (109.2 cm). So, if you think you can handle the sheer explosive power of this weapon without dislocating a shoulder, or likely blowing off your entire arm, just make sure you know the specs of your weapon and portray them accurately!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Fortune on Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Well, uhh. To be fair, this is in the far future. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of shock dampener on the high-recoil weapons, such as a sniper rifle or a shotgun. It wouldn't take away all of it, and it would significanty add to the weight, in order to sufficiently 'dampen' the recoil, but Gryffen's arm would most likely only dislocate. But she would honestly half a really terrible time lugging it around everywhere, and I doubt there's a way to reduce weight without reducing mass.

(This is entirely speculation, however. But if not all, most science fiction is speculation. )

Miss Fortune
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deathsky on Thu May 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Do you guys think i should change it then? Because if you guys have any gun that you think would do please tell me. I'm not the specalist on guns.

Nevermind i found some with a bit of help.

Deathsky
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Thu May 24, 2012 9:20 pm

I just want to let everyone know we'll be doing a time jump to Karth soon so we can get Silverclawedmouse in the roleplay as soon as possible and keep moving the story forward. Me and Gizen (Who I might as well let of the bag is my cousin) are working on a few plot dynamics and twists for the future.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu May 24, 2012 10:05 pm

I dont mind waiting :) Also, I have a wedding on Saturday and Im helping o decorate tomorrow, but I should be free tomorrow night and again starting Sunday.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Sounds good to me, from all angles. I will start on a post later today (it's midnight here), an all inclusive one, to keep the story moving well enough.

Don't mind me. You'll come to quickly find I have no qualms about picking apart details and doing "homework," whether it's over someone else, or myself, so I don't discriminate. I'll take anything one can dish out as well. One is one's own harshest critic. With that, never take anything I say "judgmentally" as singling out. Debate was one of my favorite classes, and I thrive on the back-and-forth, controversy, and tearing things apart like a wildcat does a delicious meal. I try to look from a strictly objective point of view, often playing devil's advocate, and what have you. Also, I have a wry sense of humor, just a warning. :)

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:42 am

I had a dream about this RP last night. Cant wait to get in on it :)

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 am

I added some basic history of the Shanquei, just to flesh some things out.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 am

Okay, Miss Fortune has until I get off work tomorrow (7pm EST) to post. If not I'll write her character out of the roleplay and we'll continue on.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:54 pm

I know my post's a little short, but I didn't have much good ideas on me at the time and I wanted to make sure that the RP didn't unexpectedly expire.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 am

Haven't left either, I'll get to work on another post today, after I secure my own oxygen mask in my RP. :P

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 am

I'm still here too!! :D I'm going on a camping trip and I will be back Tuesday (19th) Feel free to do with Saphire what you will ;) I'll be back next week and I'm looking forward to more space adventure!
There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!