Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Lucky 13 chapter two

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Lucky 13 chapter two

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby klikxx on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:25 pm

"You still have not explained what the hell is going on here, who you are or why you seem to care about that sack of filth. The only business the Navy has with him or any of my convicts is to transport them to where I say."

Brianna watched intently as the burly soldier cooled quickly after storming his way back to the tiny holding cell. “Controlled” she thought but could not help but notice the way he positioned himself shielding the female prisoner from conflict. It was not long into his guarded tirade she realized he was hiding something. He had little idea of whom he was dealing with and Federation Council or not he was at a distinct disadvantage.

“Is that what you believe Major?”

It was time he knew what he was up against.

“Despite what you or that ol’ man of mine believe this is my ship and while you are aboard you and everyone else aboard her reports to me. Accidents happen in space Major, you wouldn’t want yet another disaster associated with your name, would you? You may soon find yourself in the same predicament as those you recruit. It was my father’s decision and directly your lack of judgement that lead to the destruction of the Naval asset in the first place.”

My interest is in the mind that was able to lead you fools astray and accomplish such a task as taking out a destroyer in such a limited amount of time. A mind like that is a military asset in under the right circumstances. He just needs to be properly groomed.

“And to address you concern for just whom I am, you can address me as Captain Brianna Meade.” She paused briefly allowing the words to settle for a moment allowing a smile to creep onto her face as he realized the meaning. “Your assumptions are correct, Major, I just happen to be the daughter of the Marshal General whose name you so conveniently dropped.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

klikxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inerio on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 pm

“Not sure that you have anything to offer that I couldn’t provide for myself”

It was this statement that gave Freckles away. In this one little jibe, probably meant to get a reaction out of Inali more than anything, but in was in that quip that she'd given away a little piece of her intentions. Inali wasn't as she presented herself to be. From years of having to charm people she'd become fairly good at guessing people's agenda's or at least picking them apart. Motives had layers, once you peeled back on, there was another to examine.

Her head tilted to the side she surveyed the occupants of the room with her wry regard. The small smile on her face, the likes of which was there often, was there at the time. People who smiled constantly were either simpletons or up to something. Inali wanted people to believe she was both. For the only time she was really ever to something, or feeling some form of emotion that wasn't shallow, was when she wasn't smirking.

Inali half listened to the exchange between the Major and Freckles. Turned out, her name was Brianna, though Inali didn't very much care; she intended to refer to her as Freckles either way. She couldn't say she liked the comment about her humping someone's leg, that was off. She'd hump whatever appendage she could fit into her---Well, that was neither here nor there. Though not turning her head to look at him, Inali kept her eyes on Alistair, wondering what his take on the situation was. Not that it mattered, she could only assume this was a rare once in a blue moon moment in which they'd see one another. From what she could gather the Major didn't want her anywhere near the man.

“Well.” Inali began, placing a hand on the Major's back and moving the upper part of her body forward towards the red head. “From what I gather, Freckles here just wants to sleep with Al.” She emphasized just so as to make it seem like no big deal, looking at the Major, then at Brianna. “I say, we let her have her cake and eat it too. We'll only be doing this for so long, you know, before we all go our separate ways. . . Or die.” She paused. “I say we handle this like adults.” The last part of the sentence seemed to ooze with irony as she leaned her body back in a normal posture, crossing her arms under her chest.

The add-in in itself may have been a bad thing to do. It could very well have gotten it in trouble if Freckles didn't take it the right way. Inali didn't care. She was fine with the woman hating her. Hell, she was fine if the Major got miffed at her for it. What mattered was it could perhaps take their attention off each other. She didn't need two people in charge at odds with one another. It was like having your parents fight, no matter what side won you lost since you would inevitably have to deal with the losing team.
"I trust that your minds are developed enough to take no offense at these things. If not, well, I'm better than you, aren't I?"-Jhonen Vasquez

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Inerio
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Once the chosen few made it back on ship, Charlie had the good grace to at least show her two around a bit. The old “Showers that way”, the ever obvious “Common room’s here.” And the most important “Room bunks are here. Got a problem, don’t come crying to me.” Anita seemed most interested in finding a room, and sauntered off in that direction. Probably just trying to make sure she didn’t get a room near the red Charlie figured. Wise decision as far as she was concerned. You can only shove a Jew in a Nazi’s face for so long before they got trigger happy
or something like that. She was pretty sure there was a saying on the matter.

"It's good to know which room is yours, case you ever feel the need for my company let me know." Charlie heard whispered in her ear as Toni sauntered up to her side. “Good boy.” She thought with a satisfied smirk. Keeping it on her terms, she liked that. It had also better stay that way. Nothing ended things faster than when a man got demanding, or decided he didn’t need to ask anymore. Any of that, and the bank was closed, to put it in 20’s terms. Perhaps she should find it ironic that Toni was a notorious bank robber

“How about you find a room first stud, and we’ll talk the finer details later hmm?” Charlie replied giving his rump a playful little slap before he went on his way. From there, Charlie went forth and reclaimed her earlier perch on the common room couch. She eyed her earlier, and regretfully empty, beer bottle longingly, before tossing the dead soldier into the disposal bin nearby. She didn’t see any recycling bins, but then wasn’t really surprised. That whole “preserve our planet’s resources” craze that had been so popular a couple centuries back had really taken a hit after global expansion. Sitting down, Charlie spent a few minutes to finish sorting through the Net Corp. Invoices and product reports from the finance department, before putting them in a manila envelope along with the letter she’d written with both apologies and instructions for her brother.

The hard part would be convincing the Major to mail it out for her later. She’d been explicitly careful not to put any details about the mission inside, so he couldn’t veto it for that reason. She’d been inside Jukau Gamma too long though to believe he’d do it for free out of the goodness of his heart. There was always a price for favours, she just didn’t know what it was going to be for the Major, and that alone irritated her. Charlie was a person who carefully analysed things, unknowns were not her friends. At the end of that thought, she belatedly noticed that their team’s resident racist was sending her a rather dirty look. Someone appearently hadn't approved of her choice in bed buddies. She gazed back neutrally, noting that Johnny boy seemed to be cozening up to the Red. Probably not a bad move on his part, considering how scrawny he was. Still, she didn’t like it. Johnny was a bomb expert, and looked to be the easily manipulated by violence kind of guy. She didn’t trust the Red, and should he get easily accessible explosives and suddenly decide he'd rather go out killing a few people he hated as a sure thing, that would leave him targeting the group of people she actually cared to see through this thing alive. Inali, Toni, probably Anita
hell she wouldn’t put it past the sick bastard to go after the Major himself.

No, not good; she’d definably need to have a little chat with Johnny boy later. For now though, she had a much better idea how to pass the time. And with that thought, Charlie cheerfully flipped the skinny white boys the bird before heading to her room, tossing both her coat and the manila envelope on the bed, closing the door again, and heading in the direction Toni had gone. Impromptu sex sounded pretty nice right about now.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squall Reyes on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Toni continued to ponder the wisdom of his decision as he walked into the bathroom. The floor was still wet which allowed Toni to hear the steps behind him, the soft slapping pattern of a bare foot on the wet steel of the floor was very different from his own sock covered feet. Whoever was in control of the behemoth had stopped at the mirror. Well that was a good sign, he thought as he threw off what was left of the rags he was using and went into the shower turning it on.

He took a deep breath as the water warmed to a hot temperature, the steam of the water filled his lungs. It was one of those many small things most under appreciate until they are inside. One was lucky if the day they were allowed to shower the water was lukewarm. But this, this was different. You could almost feel the steam run through your system, it cleared his mind. Tony then realized how much the prison had taken out of him, as the steam ran through his body Tony felt his mind grow clearer and more sharper. Tony was slowly becoming his old self. Take pity on those we are going against Tony thought as he rotated his shoulder, allowing the warm water to loosen the tense and damaged muscles.

"God damn look at you, looking so fresh and so fly."

"You're so fucking conceited, don't you know the story of Narcissus?"

Tony raised a brow as he listened to the one man conversation happening outside. He was unsure about that guy. Tony had worked with crazies before, or at least he thought the guy was crazy. If Tony was Dillinger, then that fuck was Baby Face Nelson. Shot down a damn guard for not a god damn thing, it’s the kind of thing that makes you lose friends and turns the public against you. Tony took a lesson away from that experience quickly and dumped the kid on the next damned planet he came across. Last he heard the kid had met his end at the hands of no less than 5 Federation officers. Served him right Tony thought.

"I put a spell on you, because you're miiiiiiine. Stop the things you do..."

Tony’s eyes widened to the song being sung. So THIS was the son of a bitch always singing the tunes! Tony couldn’t help but laugh out loud to this revelation. He recognized the song as well. Another well loved classic, which Tony again decided to hum along to. Then Tony had realized, he was well away from the provost, and the humming became a singing of his own. “You know I can’t stand it
You’re runnin’ around
..”

Tony continued to sing, completely missing the new sound of footsteps coming into the showers. Tony poked his head out to yell out compliments to Cariter for providing him with many hours of oldies from his cell. But instead came face to face with the gorgeous colored eyes that had gotten him out of prison. Tony nearly fell back from surprise, but was able to regain his balance. He looks behind her and saw no one. A smile grew on his lips, “I take it group showers are one of the benefits of working for the Federation?”
"What? Babies creep me out. Rock a bye baby bang!" - Deadpool

Squall Reyes
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Having finished his little song and dance number, Cartier busied himself taking in the surroundings, taking a survey of the rest of the rag-tag band of misfits.

~ What is that bitch up to?
Charlie?
~ That's a man's name.
Valentine is a woman's name.
~ I forgot to ask the Major about grape juice.
Focus, Valentine.
~ She's up to something.
What makes you say that?
~ She's got enough information there for a full scale report. I want it.
Respect her privacy.
~ You are absolutely no fun at all.

After slipping her many and assorted papers in a folder he followed her gaze, which had turned to the two men in the corner. The racist and the other fellow, seemed wimpish enough to be a prime candidate as a lackey.

Bombs? Am I remembering that correctly?
~ Bombs are for pussies. Speaking of which, where is your girlfriend?

From her stare Cartier gathered that the tension between the Red and the rest of the group would escalate. What this would mean for the mission, he couldn't be sure, but it pleased him to know that he was on the more populated side. Especially when he was poster boy for everything the Reds hated. Cartier stared down the length of his chocolate body at his feet at the other end of the couch and wiggled his toes. Valentine grinned, it essentially meant that good ol' Stan wouldn't be missed should something questionable happen during the mission. He had difficulty imagining a criminal investigation would be held to find the killer of a killer and that opened a whole world of possibilities.

~ Friendly fire.
Indeed.
~ Kill the worm while I'm at it.
Only if he deserves it.
~ He's making friendly with the Red, that is enemy enough.
He's no threat.
~ He'll be even less of one once I break his little neck in two.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Charlie’s advance was greeted by a round of oldies music, courtesy of the shower area. A sly smile spread across her face as she entered, genuinely amused she would be catching him in the act of something most the men she’d lived with (usually short lived flings outside her old boyfriend from college) vehemently denied ever doing. She waited in the doorway to the shower room Tony was in, wondering when he was going to notice her presence. She hadn’t exactly been stealthy.

“I take it group showers are one of the benefits of working for the Federation?” Tony asked her when he finally noticed Charlie’s presence. She sauntered inside with a bit of a smirk, coming within arms distance, though avoiding the spray from the shower, as she’d only taken her socks and boots off. Yet. “Nothing written down of course, but completely common, and practical. Water conservation and all that” Charlie commented, continuing the joke.

“Nice set of pipes you got there. Most girls go gaga over that kind of thing. Me, I’m more an Eagles fan myself.” Charlie couldn’t resist adding as she looked him over. Clean Tony was definably appealing, especially wet clean Tony.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squall Reyes on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 am

“Nothing written down of course, but completely common, and practical. Water conservation and all that”

Tony wasn’t shy in showing a little bit of disappointment on his face when he saw most of her clothes were still on. He had been expecting to have a much better look at her full curves since the lighting in his cell had left him wanting a much more brighter image her. He could not stop the smile from coming to his lips however as she countered his words with a joke of her own. “Is it also practical to be in the showers with so much clothes still on?”

“Nice set of pipes you got there. Most girls go gaga over that kind of thing. Me, I’m more an Eagles fan myself.”

Tony had taken a little bow though making sure his wet hair flicked a few droplets of water at her. “Well thank you. Thank you. What can I say? The combination of Latino passion and Italian charm has produced a rather fine set of pipes.” He couldn’t help but smirk as he looked back up noticing her eyes tracing over him. “Ah the Eagles now there is band I have not heard mentioned in quite some time. And who am I to refuse the request of a beautiful woman?”

“Raven hair and ruby lips, sparks fly from her finger tips.“ He continued to see the song as best as he could remember it. “Echoed voices in the night she's a restless spirit on an endless flight .”

Squall Reyes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

“Is it also practical to be in the showers with so much clothes still on?” Tony replied to Charlie’s little joke."
“Now you see, I was hoping you could help me with that.” Charlie replied with a bit of a suggestive grin at Tony’s remark. So they were gonna play it slow this time were they? Fine by her, they had plenty of time. It was a slow day, and until the Major showed himself again so she could concentrate on business, she couldn’t think of any better way to pass the time. He really was a fine looking man, and funny too. Charlie was going to be patting herself on the back for this one for a long while.

Charlie picked her wet foot up, flicker a bit of water back at Tony in retaliation after his dripping encore. She grinned unabashedly at his rendition of “Witchy Woman”, and her eyes held that age old look saying “come and get me if you think you can handle it”. Very slowly, Charlie snaked her hands under her shirt behind her back, and carefully undoing the clasp of her bra and pulling it off and out in one fluid motion. She dangled it between two fingers for a moment, before tossing it carelessly away into the doorway.

“I’ll even give you one freebee. The rest you get to do
with your teeth.” Charlie finished with an utterly devilish look.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:21 pm

It was clear Tony was going to keep Charlie occupied for the time being, and while curiosity killed the cat, it had never harmed Valentine. The broad shouldered black man stood, still clad in only a towel and strolled with a purpose to the door her room. He opened the door and upon finding it empty snatched up the folder, nimble fingers popping it open and drawing out the assorted stat sheets and invoices and letters. Valentine's mind absorbed everything he could, down to the order in which they were put in the folder, careful not to arise any suspicion. A wide serpentine smile overtook the dark face.

~ She's got a brother.
Put that shit back, this is no way to make friends.
~ She's got it out for someone at Net Corp.
Valentine. She could come back any moment, this is totally inappropriate.
~ You have no faith in Tony's sexual prowess.
You have no moral compass.
~ That's why I have you Cartier.

Valentine quickly replaced the papers and put the manila folder back on the bed, even re-tilting it just so. He did everything perfectly, except for neglecting to think of the wet stain his damp towel left on the edge of the bed. As he exited the room again his scheming eyes scanned the room, making sure neither Tony nor Charlie had returned. Luckily the pair was still busy, but he found little Johnny boy staring right at him from across the room. Valentine rose a single index finger to his lips. The message the malicious gaze sent was clear. Loose lips sink ships, talk and I'll kill you.

With that Valentine steered himself into the room next door, throwing off the towel and grabbing the outfit which lay out on the bed. The evil half began to whistle happily as he dressed. This was going to be a good trip.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squall Reyes on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 pm

"I always love a challenge."

The screech of a turning shower faucet filled the echoing bathroom. A few drops of water filled the room, it was strangely quiet when compared to the many noises that had filled it a few minutes ago. Tony came out of the steam first, throwing his head back, his hair sending more droplets to his shower buddy behind him. A push from behind caused Tony to laugh as he reached for a towel to begin drying himself off. "You know if I didn't know any better, I'd say it looks like you can't get enough of me toots." Tony eyes slightly widened realizing what he said, "Er, babe? Sweet cheeks? Princess?"

Tony slowly turned to face the mirror, partly because he was quite enjoying the view and because after his words he wasn't quite sure if he could trust his shower buddy to get some sort of measure of revenge. Tony finally adjusted his gaze to the mirror, he looked over his face. A slight stubble had grown, he was surprised he hadn't noticed it before. No matter it could be taken care of some other time. "So how exactly did you become lucky enough to find yourself on this interesting crew and scoring yourself quite the legend?" He smirked as he looked over at Charlie. She just didn't strike him as the murderous, robbery, or drug dealing sort.

Squall Reyes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 am

“You must have broke your daddy’s heart” said Rogers, not impressed by the woman’s parentage but saluting the superior ranking officer all the same. While he wasn’t confined by regular Army or Navy protocol for the mission (indeed, he could get away with disobeying direct orders if they interfered with his task or give them to high ups if necessary), it was still a discipline that needed to be shown in the field, in front of convict scum. However, much like the forces of the old British Commonwealth, long since long to the chapters of history, the salute was to the commission carry from their respective commanders-in-chief representing the head of the Federation Council, the Grand Warlord, not the officer themselves.

“When he learned you joined the squids” he continued on, “Instead of joining the Army, like a proper daughter would have. It’s a damn shame too, your father is a fine general and it gives me great pride to be answering only to him. And I will remind you Captain, that I am in command here, per orders from those that out rank both of us. If you have any complaints, I would suggest sending a message to High Command, not that we’ll hear back from them until we’ll be well done with this little voyage to our next planet. Besides, my name is already mud or I wouldn’t be on this little picnic.”

“As for any grooming that Alistair will receive” the Major continued, not waiting for any squawks of protest from the Navy bitch, “Will be those intended to turn him into a dogface grunt. You see, your dad’s taken a shine to the lump of shit and wants him nestled right in the meat grinder, where he belongs. The only asset he’ll provide is on the ground, slogging it out with the enemy, as a trooper.”

Robert paused in his speech, to catch his breath and forcing his heart to beat slower. It wouldn’t do his long-term health any good to develop a tic about this. Turning his head a little, he gazed at Alistair.

“You know” he said in an almost pleasant voice, “I have orders to take you along and throw you into the grinder, from your new
girl’s daddy. I was going to let you out today, so that you could meet the new crew but you’ve made it very plain, that you haven’t had enough time in the punishment box yet. I think another few weeks alone, will do you some good Alistair and you can thank your new friend for it. Isn’t she nice?”

“And I don’t really care” said Robert, looking back at Inali and then at Brianna, “Who Captain Meade wants between her legs. If she wants to bed this bastard and turn out like that poor girl
..who I will be making a report about
., well its no skin off my nose. However, as Alistair is a now in the Army and in the brig, any request to see him or let him out again, will have to be cleared through me first or the next person or persons to access him without my permission, will be sent to Darkside, no questions asked. Hell, they won’t even see me again, I can’t even recruit from there.”

“Am I understood Captain Meade” he added, almost as an afterthought.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby klikxx on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:36 pm

He had seen enough. The Inali he knew upon Jakau Gamma would never back down from a verbal confrontation. The feisty young beauty prided herself on her razor sharp tongue almost as much as her beauty. To sit back and play the responsible domesticated litigator in this situation was definitely a new persona that had developed over the past month in his absence and it didn’t suit her. The Major had made quite the impression upon her.

“Well.” Inali began, placing a hand on the Major's back and moving the upper part of her body forward towards the red head. “From what I gather, Freckles here just wants to sleep with Al.”

Seeing Roberts and Inali together in the small room wrenched the vile feelings in his stomach even more. There was enough poison knowing that she had betrayed him but to see her walking free while he was still a prisoner only added salt to the wound. They both would pay for that indecency. The positioning of the Major into the female war of words fuelled the bitterness, allowing her to place her hand upon him in such a manner publicly revealed just how far lost in the situation really was.

She had obviously moved on, in her mind the Major provided the better chance towards a life of freedom. Still, it was in the words of the manipulative whore that a new revelation was revealed to the misguided giant. He had the opportunity to do the same. All he had to do was follow the example she set. From the bomb that the red headed Captain just released upon the Major the advantage would appear favour her in her home court for the moment. That tiny factor could give him the wiggle room he needed to get out from under the Major’s thumb. Once accomplished, an opportunity would likely present itself with the traitorous prostitute whose eyes had yet to leave him during the ordeal. She was up to something he just couldn’t quite put his finger on as to what exactly it was.

Home court advantage was a short lived venture as far as the Major was concerned. He pushed back hard at the female officer and appeared to have scored early. He played upon her relationship with her father indicating what a disappointment she must have been. But for some reason it struck Alistair that it was daddy that had turned to her this time around. He didn’t have the full picture worked out in his head but if the strife was real it would take something significant to put them together. One such scenario would have the Marshal General using her to follow up on the destruction of the HMS Triumph to cover his tracks.

“Bravo Major! That was almost believable.
You pride yourself in the claim that you are a leader of men.
It must really singe the hairs on your ass to be forced to lead a sorrowful group of convicts because you are no longer fit to serve in the military. What is this? One last feeble Hurrah to prove yourself to those that question your ability that you are not the screw-up they believe you to be.
Hell, they didn’t give you enough dignity to choose from the rejects in the military brig. If the Captain were to call your bluff and send a message to High Command what would she find? That you are a renegade discharged by the military? You have a secret and given time it will come out.
Something has been amiss in all of this and a foul stench of deceit is emanating directly from you, Major. Why don’t you come clean and share with the rest of us what this is really all about? You said it yourself, your names already mud or you wouldn’t be on this little picnic.”

“You know,” Rogers added in an almost pleasant voice, “I have orders to take you along and throw you into the grinder, from your new
girl’s daddy. I was going to let you out today, so that you could meet the new crew but you’ve made it very plain, that you haven’t had enough time in the punishment box yet. I think another few weeks alone, will do you some good Alistair and you can thank your new friend for it. Isn’t she nice?”

“You skirted the truth once again, Major. You have no plans to let me anywhere near the others; of that much I’m certain. You are too afraid of what might happen if you do. After all we all know the outcome aboard the HMS Triumph. There are still scores to be settled over that one and somehow I don’t think dumping me in a deep dark hole in the middle of the galaxy is truly satisfying. Yet, the possibility of getting me planet side so I can become one of those statistics of a ‘training accident’ now that is probably causing you to burst with anticipation. If half of what you state is true I am willing to bet that it is the Captain here that is keeping you from finishing your business with me right here and now. A few more weeks alone in this box guarantees me a few more weeks to live without watching my back!”

klikxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:16 pm

“Oh yeah, I’m a right addict.” Charlie replied sarcastically, pushing ahead her lollygagging shower buddy. When she reached for a towel, Charlie twisted it first, and cracked it like a whip at Tony’s ass before using it to dry off. He was an excellent bed partner, but she wasn’t fond of any of those names, and unlike some girls, was more than willing to let him know it. “Let’s stick with Charlie sweet cheeks. Let’s keep the pet names for the genuine items out there. Princess, honestly where’d you get the idea for that one?” Charlie asked with a raised dark brow on that one. Princess was hardly the title that came to most men’s minds when they looked at her.

"So how exactly did you become lucky enough to find yourself on this interesting crew and scoring yourself quite the legend?"

“Suffice it to say, in no way similar to your’s.” Charlie remarked dryly, most semblance of humour suddenly gone from her voice. Bed buddies were for distracting from such annoying memories, not bringing them up. “It’s amazing what pissing off the wrong guy can do. Assault was the ‘official’ charge I believe.” She remarked, indulging him just a bit. She’s already seen his file, and since she had been making dead sure no one in their group but the Major had access to her own, fair was fair.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squall Reyes on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Tony rubbed his ass a bit, it still smarted from the towel. Then again she caught him right in the rather embarrassing wound, so perhaps he was more tender there than he realized. He had expected something to come about from those names.

“Let’s stick with Charlie sweet cheeks. Let’s keep the pet names for the genuine items out there. Princess, honestly where’d you get the idea for that one?”

Tony laughed a bit to her almost distaste for that word. He shrugged his shoulders, "Well you don't look like one who is fond of pet names even when you were part of an 'item'. So I figured, what the hell, take a chance." Tony couldn't help but smirk as he looked back at the mirror looking himself over, reaching for the one thing he had been allowed to keep in prison. His comb. As Tony combed his hair back he decided to answer he question about that name she seemed to so disdain. "Well I figured by your overbearing and stuck up attitude you would be some kind of royalty." He said this with the most sarcastic of tones even rolling his eyes to add to the effect.

“Suffice it to say, in no way similar to your’s. It’s amazing what pissing off the wrong guy can do. Assault was the ‘official’ charge I believe.”

Tony winced at her dry answer, here he thought her some kind of prostitute. He thought for a moment about what she said, "Bah, no way similar to me? How so? Sound's like you rocked the boat and were tossed overboard. I rocked this little Federations boat with each one of my jobs. I pissed them off by taking and spending their money and you pissed them off with whatever the hell you did. Fuck em'. This kinda system ain't one that you can get somewhere without falling in line. Some one above us will always think they have us by the balls, like they are some kinda demigod. Seems like we had both said nuts to that." He took a step towards her and leaned down a bit at the smaller woman. He was pretending to read her eyes, but he knew. "And it seems we are similar in the fact that once we are done with this mission, we're both gonna be going right back to where we left off."

Squall Reyes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:08 pm

“In no way similar.” Charlie repeated stubbornly, in no mood for his mind games. This was a subject she was extremely touchy about, and had talked about in confidence with no one. If she was smart, she would have dropped it there, but whether due to the fact she hadn’t talked about it to anyone, or just some weird after effects of sex, Charlie continued on.

“You pulled high end bank robberies on some of the federation’s biggest banks, and while providing a charming persona and plenty of adventure stories for the bimbos back home, I highly doubt your motives were to ‘rock the boat” more than line your pockets. You’re Dillinger after all, not Baby face Nelson. In it for the money not the thrill.” Charlie said shoving a finger into his chest, every bit of pent up anger and frustration from the past year spilling out like a pressurized pipe that had come across a weak crack.

“Me? I was a fucking mechanic! I paid my taxes, worked hard for ever cent I got, had a family. All gone, because some greedy bastard couldn’t take no for an answer. I got fifteen years, because I decked the man who locked three innocent men in their own shop and set it on fire. The man who murdered my family and either bribed or threatened people I’d known my entire life who’d sworn to me they’d make sure that bastard faced justice, to make sure he walked. I got sent to Jukau Gamma because I was the last thing standing between Nelson, and the property our family owned and he wanted, so don’t tell me our ways in here are ever remotely similar!” Charlie raged, ending in a hiss and entirely too close to his face.

"And it seems we are similar in the fact that once we are done with this mission, we're both gonna be going right back to where we left off." Tony said.

“Now there’s something you’ve got right, ‘cause one way or another, I’m gonna to burry Richard Nelson.” The calm was slowly seeping back, but anger still seethed just under the surface. Charlie wasn’t a big believer in therapy, but at the moment, it appeared angry hate sex was on the fast track on becoming it. She almost laughed out loud at the idea of that making Tony her shrink.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Having dressed Cartier returned to the common room. Though the convicts were confined to their small room, the curiosity which had driven Valentine to investigate Charlies folder now drove Cartier to the exit door. There was only a small window that looked out to the hallway and the black man, tall as he was, was easily able to peek through it. There was little to see, the windows which lined the hallway looked out into the void of space, shiny rounded metallic walls and ceilings, the floor cut into broad squares looking like a futuristic sidewalk.

Cartier craned his neck and pressed his face against the cold steel door, allowing him to see a bit further down the hall. His peering eyes were greeted at first by a single guard, the mans arms seemed to be clutched unusually close to his side. This was strange, but it soon was revealed that he was carrying a stretcher. A limp hand wrought with deep bruises hung from beneath the crimson stained cloth which draped the body, shielding it from view. The second carrier of this macabre vessel looked as if he might throw up, cry, or both. At first their conversation was unintelligible, muffled and overshadowed by the other noise in the room.

The dark man pressed his ear harder to the door, plugging the other hoping to catch as much as he could. The leader of the stretcher spoke a bit louder, making him slightly easier to understand.

"Wh...Major ordered..."
"Dunno. Some...deal... Alistair..."
"But I don't...sick... hy?"
"Who knows... bastard tore her to shreds."
"Don't...talk about... Its too awful..."

As the pair passed by the door the words came in loud and clear. Causing Cartier's eyes to widen with the realization.

"She was such a beautiful girl. She had just come back on the ship with the rest of the prisons and they turn around and feed her to a monster."
"Such a waste."

~ Did he just say they killed your girlfriend?
I think so.
~ Who the hell is Alistair?
I don't know.
~ Looked like he ripped Inali a new one.

He pushed away from the door, his eyes squinted in confusion. Could this really have just happened? She had been summoned almost immediately after they had returned to the ship, nobody had seen her since. And they killed her?
Cartier had heard the two guards mention the Major orders, did he have something to do with it?
The information was too much to take in at once. All questions and no answers.

Cartier turned and leaned his back against the door. He still didn't see Charlie, but being that she was the only other previous member he had to talk to her. Perhaps she could shed some light on the situation. Cartier made a beeline for the bathroom door, hopping over the couches in the process and threw open the door to the bathroom. The two were obviously sharing some kind of post shower sex moment, but Cartier could care less.

His eyes displayed the seriously tone of his voice long before he spoke.

"Inali was just killed. Who in the fuck is Alistair?"

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squall Reyes on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 pm

“You pulled high end bank robberies on some of the federation’s......In it for the money not the thrill.”

"Hey lady you don't know any fucking thing about me!" Tony said back as he grabbed her hand and threw it away from his check as she poked at him on her rant. He was about to say more but thought better of it, besides she didn't seem to be slowing down any.

“Me? I was a fucking mechanic! I paid my taxes, worked hard for ever cent I got......so don’t tell me our ways in here are ever remotely similar!”

Tony stared right back into her eyes unflinching, "Fine." He found himself with much to say, but realized it would be unwise to say it right about now. So he kept his trap shut.

“Now there’s something you’ve got right, ‘cause one way or another, I’m gonna to burry Richard Nelson.”

Tony sighed deeply, he had his own anger to control as Charlie finally backed away. He wasn't sure if he was 2 seconds away from slapping her or throwing her back in he shower. Hell probably both. Then he caught a look about her, something in her eyes. Tony raised a brow at the women in front of him. "Oh come on you not thinking?...." Tony rolled his eyes and sat back on the sink. "Christ I think there's another thing we have in common at the moment." He motioned to the showers behind Charlie, "So should we get this thing back on or what?"

Suddenly the door was thrown open, Tony rolled his eyes. "Oh for fucking sakes...! We're busy here!" He was in no mood to be disturbed right now. However to his surprised stood the giant. The eyes were so hard to read he didn't know who was in control at the time. Perhaps it was both.

"Inali was just killed. Who in the fuck is Alistair?"

"WHAT THE HELL?! WHERE? Where is the fuck who did it?" Tony sprang to his feet his hands clinched in white knuckled fury. Tony say Inali as a sister, damn near the last person he cared for. And he wanted blood if it was true. Buckets of blood. He saw the man looking in Charlies direction, he must have been directing the questions to her. Tony grabbed her shoulder roughly, not caring and not thinking about their previous fun. "Answer the man. Who's Alistair and where the fuck is he?"

Squall Reyes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 pm

"Christ I think there's another thing we have in common at the moment." He motioned to the showers behind Charlie, "So should we get this thing back on or what?"
Judas priest, they really couldn’t be civil with one another unless they were having sex could they? Normally, this might have concerned Charlie, but the only thing that seemed important at the moment was turning the showers back on high, and shoving him back inside. “I’m thinking it would be the wisest course of action.” Though she was thinking more along the lines of “less talking more screwing!” They could scream at each other, or cuddle all the hell they wanted to later, but right now there was one thing on her mind, and she was going to get down right nasty soon if he didn’t get his shapely ass in that shower!

Like Tony she was less than thrilled by their interruption. Hell, she damn near growled at the man. Then two little sentences halted everything, and put her mind on hyper drive in reverse.

"Inali was just killed. Who in the fuck is Alistair?" For a moment, Charlie stared back with stunned disbelieving silence that was quickly interrupted by Tony’s outburst.

“Shit!” Charlie swore, her mind going in a million directions. What the hell was going on? Inali was the Major’s temporary squeeze, there was no way in hell he’d have willingly let Inali near that psycho cannibal. Something was up, and they needed to know what the hell was going on. She dove for her panties first, hurriedly slipping them on while reaching for her bra at the same time. She was halfway through fumbling with the clasp when Tony roughly grabbed her shoulders, and she levelled a dangerous glare at him.

“Watch your hands or you’re gonna loose them.” She hissed as she finished the clasp. “Alister was Inali’s old squeeze back in Jukau Gamma, bad call on her part. He’s some kind of Psycho genius, and get’s off on eating people from what I hear.” Charlie started to hurriedly explain as she grabbed her jeans next, slipping them on with surprising speed. “He was part of our original crew, but Inali kind of dumped him and started doing the Major. The crazy bastard’s the one that blew up our last transport ship, and killed everyone on that ship but the five of us. The Major hates Alistair, so if that crazy son of a bitch is out and Inali’s dead, shit’s hitting the fan!” Charlie finished while pulling back on her blouse.

Charlie darted out into the hall barefoot (her boots were going to take too long to get on) at a sprint, dragging Cartier out by the arm with her. He was the one who knew the way after all. “You can talk while you lead the why! Where the hell is this going down?”

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:21 am

"As a convict" said Rogers, "And as smart as you seem to be, your ignorant of the penal codes. Military punishment for infractions is simple. Either you end up having the skin flayed from your back with a whip and spend a week in medical or you face a firing squad. We don't coddle your kind. You would have been shot and buried in an unmarked grave years ago. So civilian scum is all I can really collect, after all, dead bodies don't make good soldiers and I'm not into necrophilia."

"But I do have a secrete" the Major continued, folding his arms across his chest, "I guess you could call it that, after all, I haven't told you lot about it. I'm here because I'm a threat to the authority of Colonel Goodman. He is a younger officer, who was promoted and transferred to my regiment, in place of my own advancement. I guess he had better connections and a wealthier family. None of my soldiers were happy about it and some of the sergeants and junior officers would look in my directions when they were on the parade ground, when he was barking out orders. I think he was getting edgy about getting fragged, if we were ever deployed back on bandit hunting duty or into a combat zone. He tired to get me nailed on drug charges once, to get me out of the way. I burned him good during the court of inquiry. So he waited until something big came up. One of the sergeant shot a man that refused to identify himself one night. The intruder turned out to one of Goodman's friends and he was going to make sure the sergeant was going to get the firing squad, so I stepped in. I was the Old Man of the regiment, I couldn't just stand there and let a good soldier die. So I made a deal, I let up this mission, which had been floating around, waiting for a volunteer and the punishment was dropped down to a thousand lashes."

"So you see Alistair" Robert said with a sneer, "This really is about something you don't understand. Compassion for my fellow man, duty as an officer and saving a life. Hell, I could be saving all your lives. Anyone that dies for me will be remember as a war hero and not some scum fermenting in a penal colony. At least you'll be remembered kindly by history."

He then looked at the remaining Armsmen, gestured at the naked giant and pointed at the cell. They looked at each, then at the Army officer and then to their own Navy officer. You could see the wheels turning in their heads, weighing the options. The Captain hadn't spoke during the last few minutes of the confrontation but she had wanted the convict out of the cell. However, the Major wanted him back in and he could have them sent to Darkside. She could only get them punishment detail or transferred or demoted or discharged. They could still have a life and not worry about then the black clad troopers of the Military Police (think of the bastard child from an orgy of the FBI, CIA, Secret Service, the Political Commissary of the French Revolution, the Gestapo and the KGB) to arrive by night and make them....disappear.

"And we do have scores to settle" Rogers added, as the burly guards grabbed the giant, "But those will have to wait. Theres a war going on."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 am

The love bird's both shot him angry looks when he burst their little bubble. Upon hearing his news the Italian was clearly seeing red, and Charlie seemed floored. Though she brought herself under control quickly. The situation escalated quickly, the curvy woman throwing on her clothes which littered the ground and began to spew out a rapid history of Inali and this Alistair fellow.

~ I told you that your girlfriend was a whore.
Now is not the time Valentine.
~ She's fucking everyone. The Major? Some psycho cannibal? Countless others? No wonder she liked you.

"NOT NOW, VALENTINE!" Cartier yelled, drawing the attention of the other two occupants.
"Don't be mad just because you didn't get to turn her out in the short time you knew each other" Valentine replied leisurely, talking without a care in the world

Charlie didn't skip a beat, gripping his thick arm and dragging him through the common room. “You can talk while you lead the way! Where the hell is this going down?”

"I don't know this ship." Cartier began as he allowed himself to be pulled out of the room by the woman. "I was just looking out the door and..." His brain swirled with possibilities. Was he wrong? He turned, locking eyes with the half dressed Tony who followed behind them. Tony seemed ready to destroy the next person who looked at him the wrong way, so Cartier cautiously averted his gaze.

"There was a blood stained sheet, over a woman's body. She was dead, too much blood not to be. No movement. It looked like she was naked, but it was hard to tell. I heard the guards talking... about the Major's orders, this Alistair fellow and some pretty girl who had just returned to the ship and was 'fed to a monster.'" He spat out in a hurry. "I didn't hear everything, it was through the door, but I know what I saw..." Cartier's voice trailed off. "They came from that direction, but they headed that way with the body." His free arm indicated the directions.

Cartier didn't know what to think. Valentine was too busy talking about how cool it was for a single man to take down an entire cruiser by himself. Either way, it was clear that Charlie was out to find the Major and Tony was going to beat this Alistair fellow to a pulp as soon as he found him. Like it or not (which his other half most certainly did) Cartier was along for the ride.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!