Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation

a part of “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation”, a fictional universe by 13lazer31.

All the previous students have all up and graduated, leaving the spaces to be filled by new ones. The ship has left the harbor, bringing the youngster to their brand new adventures

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Sat May 28, 2011 6:38 am

I'm pretty interested in this RP. I've try'd making two yugioh RPs my self, but failed both times. Anyway I just got a few questions.

1) Once I get my hand on my old deck, can I PM you the cards to see what you think is basic and not? Because I think the only none real basic card in my old deck is red eyes darckness dragon and it's supose to be basicly the character I'm thinking of now trumph card. Like Jadens Flame wing man. And I don't know what is really a basic card anymore (To many!)

2) Can characters be "Comic relive characters"? Like Joey and such being serious at times, but to bring in laughs (LOLs) most of the time?

3) Can we put up more then one character?

Also I'm sorry if you already posted about something on atleast one of these questions, but I've read about everything posted on the OOC and roleplay and didn't see anything on it. But I do tend to miss read or read over things....A lot.

Anyways thanks in advance for answering these questions. Now I should really get to my summer homework

P.S sorry for any bad spelling.
It is proven that 90% of teens would have a mental breakdown if Miley Cyrus where to stand on the edge of a 6 story building. Post this in your sig if your are the 10% yelling "JUMP B!TCH!!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 am

Yes, Yes, and maybe later, when spot need filling

Reposting Link Here
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sat May 28, 2011 11:09 am

Ok once more I have done what you said and I am also relieved about the booster pack thing. Phew.
I have no beginning, I have no end...
So you're a circle?!

Brantley92
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 am

almost there, two more changes,
1) only one copy of each fusion
2) you forgot the filler cards, can't really let you in with only 20 cards

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sun May 29, 2011 11:35 am

Ok I did that now, but I don't wanna add different cards to the deck. I just increased the amount of spell and trap cards would this be ok?

Brantley92
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 am

I'm sorry, but no, you don't need to add anymore monsters if you don't want to, but you need to have weaker spell and traps to balance out with the powerful ones.

Dark hole and monster reborn are limited so you can only have one copy of each
Future fusion is a little over powered so two at most, along with removing one copy of polymerization, since the card is rare

taking that into conserderation, your need 9 filler cards; suggest divi-ing it up (3 monsters, 3 spells, 3 traps)

Don't take this personally, but when I said basic, I meant Basic.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sun May 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Ok I found out I needed 6 more cards to reach 40 so I added 2 monster, 2 spell, and 2 trap cards to fill it in. If you see anything else that needs to be changed please tell me.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 pm

damn it, again

I hate my brother
Last edited by Architect on Sun May 29, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sun May 29, 2011 6:01 pm

That makes sense, thanks.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun May 29, 2011 6:42 pm

and the one whose deck took the longest to trim down is the first accepted.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Sun May 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Is my character good? Anything I need to fix ?

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun May 29, 2011 7:33 pm

nah your fine, my internet going whackoo and i don't have a chance to accept it

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Sun May 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Submitted a character for your recommendation. I hope he is alright, not that powerful cards. Hell his strongest has 2000 attack points. No monster reborns, I hope he's alright. All of those cards are mine so when i duel someone in the rp, I'm actually going to be dueling them with my cards in real life, So i will actually be playing by chance.
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sun May 29, 2011 9:43 pm

I would like to let everyone know that in the beginning please do not duel your strongest. Try to make it look like you're new at dueling. I'm thinking I'm speaking for Lazar when I say this, if not I'm sorry.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun May 29, 2011 10:35 pm

@Sneak: Welcome Sensei, lol, although the cards are not powerful, I want to tone down all archtypes in the beginning, so that we appear to be freshman level, in your case the majority of arch-cards are monsters, so try and find filler ones to replace half. Also; 40 cards is the minimum & maximum amount.

@Brantley: thanks for stating that, the reason why i made everyone have a basic deck is so this is avoided but sometimes people can't help but go all out, so i'm gonna borrow something i learned from you. When dueling others, to make sure your not choosing only powerful cards, follow theses steps

1) Go to http://www.random.org/lists/
2) Enter your entire deck in the box, meaning Every Single Card, Except fusions
3) Hit Randomize
4) The displayed order is the order in which you draw

and to make sure both parties are not cheating, PM me (or a third party online at the time of duel) the order you recive.
I trust you don't lie to me by changing the order before sending it to me. Your academy rank determines how well you can use your hand.

Red = Often at a lost, these student cannot strategize well, relying heavily on luck and improvising, but when they finally pull off the combo they've been waiting for, it can leave others watching in awe.

Yellow = These balanced students factor both skill and luck into their decks. While planing out a decent combo, they also know how to improvise at the right times.

Blue = The most knowledgable students. These youngsters can, and often do, plan devastating combos as soon as they draw their first hand. These combos are hard to counter against and almost never fail, but if you manage to disrupt their plan, common blues struggle to recover.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Edit: Opps, nvm. I checked the URL link and took me to the random list I made. But when I checked it it took me to the list maker, not the made list.

Edit P.S: Btw, I've notice if you refreash the page of it, it will redo the list and randomize it again.

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Mon May 30, 2011 6:44 am

Alright, 40 cards full and have put in more non-arch type monsters. I also changed his history a bit to accommodate a new card.

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Mon May 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Haha nice find Lazar. I only made that because I thought it would be fun to have an almost real duel.

Anyways I would be happy to be "Another third party online" to help with the duels.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Mon May 30, 2011 5:51 pm

i've recived a PM from jack, and he brought up something you all are probably thinking about
jackrules158 wrote:question how do we move up dormwise and just because my dude is a slifer does that mean I basically suck at dueling?

(1) you move up by proving your worth to the right people at the right time. when you do you will be given a test, in which if you pass can choose to move up or not.
(2) no it doesn't, it means your learning. the levels writen above are guide-lines for the average colors. All our characters are slightly above average.

2 red, 1 ra, 1 1/2 blue. we should be able to start soon

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Mon May 30, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm excited to start!

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!