Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation

a part of “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation”, a fictional universe by 13lazer31.

All the previous students have all up and graduated, leaving the spaces to be filled by new ones. The ship has left the harbor, bringing the youngster to their brand new adventures

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Thu May 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Link= "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation"

Welcome to my new RP! I think the GX universe will be the easist to roleplay cause it set in a limited area. As the story gets deeper more areas will open up, but I want to focus on having fun more then the story, so don't get all stressed out. I'd tried to make this as free flowing as possible, so that if you need awhile off, you won't be holding anybody back. That said I need to say two things;

(1)
This Rp IS set in a time after GX, BUT, it does NOT take place in the 5D's timeline, so no Synchro or monster made during that time.

(2)
Keep your decks basic for the first year, then add on over time. This is so that your not an EPIC freshman right of the bat.
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Neo Generation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 pm

hey man I'll post a charachter soon so excited been wanting to start a good yugioh rp but anyways do you mind if I use my usual harpie deck I might change later but this one tends to work

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Thu May 26, 2011 10:58 pm

EDIT: sorry on my brother's profile

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Thu May 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Hey man, long time no see. I was hoping to keep rerun decks out of the main story, but if you can't find any other arch-type you interested in, I could make an exception, but only if the deck isn't focused on Harpies alone, but instead, winged-beast or Wind-type monsters.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bleachboss12 on Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Strange Request, if I do make a character for this... could I give him a Legend of Zelda Based deck? I have a character I made for a GX thing a while ago and I would love to use him again.

Bleachboss12
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Thu May 26, 2011 11:27 pm

yeah well it isnt soley harpies mostly winged beasts but I have a level deck I wanna try lol

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sora112112 on Fri May 27, 2011 12:13 am

Hey guys do we put our deck on our char. sheets or what ?
IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!!!!!!!

O o

/¯/___________________________
| BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH­­RGH!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Image Image Image Image Image

Sora112112
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri May 27, 2011 6:30 am

@Bleach: I don't what you mean by that, but no created cards. There are a whole bunch of unused archtypes, just pick one.

@Sora: Yeah just give me a while and i'll have a skelly up on the front page.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Fri May 27, 2011 7:36 am

Hey can I reserve a spot?
I have no beginning, I have no end...
So you're a circle?!

Brantley92
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Fri May 27, 2011 11:58 am

Once you get a character skelly up, I'll submit a character.
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Fri May 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Yeah same here.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri May 27, 2011 6:38 pm

And the skeleton is up, enjoy.

@Jack & Brantley: Good to see the gang back together again.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Fri May 27, 2011 7:19 pm

I would like to say, and I'm not trying to assume any authority position, but with a few Yu-Gi-Oh Rps under my belt I would like there to be a post minimum. No offense to anyone here, but I have seen some people that are in this RP who don't play well with others and their posts are just horrific. I'm just hoping there will be no problems in this well-designed RP here.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri May 27, 2011 7:39 pm

thanks for stating that brantley, your right (Thanks for the complement).
Just looked over your character, I have to say it's alright, though i you need make some minor adjustments.

1) lower down the age by 1 or 2 yrs, were all freshman, and a 17 year old freshman just doesn't sound right.

2) Trim down your deck, I want to make it so that you complete the archtype overtime, instead of having it all at once.
my idea: have only the normal ones, two of the effect ones, the fusions that NEED the normal monsters, and replace the others with cards that support them.

3) Read the rules

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri May 27, 2011 9:17 pm

don't worry brantley I've gotten better with my posts and if you do have a problem please tell me calmly and politely lets handle this like mature people and we can have fun and grow and become better rpers and I'm saying this as kindly as I can

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Fri May 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Ok whatever. So let's see. I did read the rules and the special thing too I must have forgot to put it in.

I will lower the age and trim the deck too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Where will we get the rest of our cards from?

EDIT: Ok I did what you suggested. Did you mention anything about the spell and trap cards?

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri May 27, 2011 10:16 pm

@Brantley: Ah, thats where DP comes in. You use them to buy booster packs, however the only way you can earn these Duel-points is, by dueling of course! How well you do and who you face will determine how many you earn, you earn more if you win, but you'll earn some even if you lose. Booster Packs start at a price of 150 DP, and the price will increase the higher level the pack is. They can be used for other means, but more on that later.

@Jack: Glad to hear your getting better at this, I'm not ashamed to admit it was hard for me when I was getting used to the site.
About your character, pretty much the same thing, trim you deck down (in your case alot, since there's a 40 card limit), Lower down your power level, keep the archtype cards down to minimum (Just to let you know, you can only have a total of 3, Harpie Lady, Harpie Ladies 1, 2, 3, and Cyber) to begin I suggest Ladies 1, 2, 3, Brother, Birdface, Cyber Shield. Read the rules and lower your age.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Ugh. Personally I'm not a fan of this booster pack thing, but oh well.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri May 27, 2011 10:27 pm

hey I'll have it edited and up tommorrow sorry man

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri May 27, 2011 10:39 pm

@Brantley: Don't worry, just kidding about that, We not going to actually buy the packs and check card for card, just say are character visits the shop, buys the packs, and gets one or two card he'll add to his deck. read your character over again, alot better, just, since copy of a monster card are hard to get make it so that your only have a double of one monster in each catergory, and save Gem-Knight Fusion for later, and only 1 copy of Gem-Enhancement. Make these changes and your in.

@Jack: no worries. when you got to go, you got to go.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!