Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Ninth Conflict

The Ninth Conflict

a part of “The Ninth Conflict”, a fictional universe by ShadowsoftheNine.

Experiments, altered since birth have been sentenced to death by the country they work for. Now on the lines of a global war, they have a chance to ally with an old enemy to strike back at the Rising Empire for revenge.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ninth Conflict”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Ninth Conflict

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:25 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Ninth Conflict"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Ninth Conflict

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby estrelas on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 am

3: Nova, Vectral, Glyph, Hidden Revenant. (Experiment with drastically altered DNA/ Capable of Psychokinesis, Telepathy, few other mind powers./ Skilled with corruption.)

Could I possibly reserve this character? I'll get working on it right now. This seems like it'll be a very interesting roleplay (:
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

estrelas
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 am

Hm, this seems like it could be a good RP.

I'll make sure to send people your way ^_^

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 am

Sure, it will be half reserved, though I don't so much competition at the time. Remember, they are just requests, feel free to make the character your own and go another way with it. I will figure something out to adapt characters to the story.

Be right back in about an hour, going to an appointment.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby estrelas on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:43 am

Mmmmk. I've got most of it done now, but I have somewhere do be so I won't get it up until a little later. Thanks!

estrelas
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks for trying to write things clearly estrelas, but part of what makes the mystery experience is also having to learn the other characters without it written in front of them. It is one of the sole purposes I left Personality out of the sheet. You don't need to go off into unnecessary descriptions, this is not the IC. Not much detail is required for a character sheet in the mystery setting. Specialty; Corruption/Infiltration. That is fine. Corruption could also be seen as simply seducing a man to do your will even, you don't have to go for fine print.

Disabilities, try to refrain from listing these. Show them in the RP so we have more to figure out about the character instead of seeing it as light as day. Abilities, please list them under Experimental Modification. Since it only has such a minor part. You might as well list what about your DNA has changed there, what machines have done to you, blah blah. But again, refrain from going into too much detail. Just say Telepathy/Telekinesis/ even Pyrokinesis for all I care. Put highly developed brain power if you so wish even. Since Ability and Specialty pretty much fall under one the same. \

Another note.. "I'm twist you around my finger... or tongue..", that is all. Think you can spot it.

I have edited the sheet ever so slightly to be more clear for those submitting profiles. Number must be Less than 300, abilities go in the Experimental Modification. It was unclear at first, I apologize for that. I appreciate those who submit nice neat profiles that give perfect detail. Hell, it helps a lot even. But keep in mind, it is a mystery type RP. The group does not know everything about one another, but they do cooperate well. Think of your character sheet as the files RE contains on them.

As one can tell, I am a pretty strict GM. Estrelas, fix up the number. Move abilities to the correct location I have just appointed a little late, so that is my fault. Though, please remain to the sheet I have provided. Additional pictures are perfectly fine. I have added an Other: section for the unnecessary information one might want to add. But I will purposely use whatever goes there against them. And if I see them stray away from that without a major character development to counter that. I will strike down on them hard. If you name yourself a mute, I better not see more than two words come out of your characters throat per a post, and that is being lenient . So you can keep detailed information at your own risk.

If anyone wants to back out, do it before the RP begins, that is my warning.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby echo-of-daybreak on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:31 pm

so yeah, I've posted in a character...hope it's ok. You really are a strict GM XD

echo

echo-of-daybreak
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Whatever it takes, love your avatar by the way.

Jet, seems like a rather interesting character. But, your just missing one important detail buried within the rules. Go read them again and try your luck for another spin. Background check, post quality seems decent. Your just missing that part within the rules. That, and I would very much like if the picture remained right aligned. But no, I do need you to fix one part to cohere with the rules.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby estrelas on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm sorryyyy. I'll go fix what you asked for. I get a little carried away with explaining my character sometimes... I'll go do that now.

EDIT: Better? Or you still want less?

estrelas
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:39 pm

It's alright, generally more is better. In this case, it is somewhat the other way around. It is accepted, welcome to the Conflict estrelas.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby estrelas on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 pm

phew xD Thanks! Sorry for the troubles.

estrelas
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WarningImCrazy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 pm

I cant wait for this to start xD

WarningImCrazy
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:51 pm

It will when echo fixes their character. I was planning to grab the last character available, that way everyone else can have first pick. If their is no extra applications by tomorrow, I will set up my choice character, wait 6 hours, and then begin.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Gross, double post.

Anyways, My character has been submitted, if no one else jumps for the fifth chair within 6 hours, we will begin.

Edit: Due to a rather persistent headache, I will have to post the intro tomorrow. Sorry everyone.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:14 pm

As being a stalker Nine, I checked this RP of yours yesterday. It looks really good and i'd totally join, but sadly i'm leaving for 12 days on Tuesday, so I don't want to hinder your progress. Lovely layout btw, nice use of colours and text sizes. It makes it so much more interesting to read.

I wish you luck with the RP though~

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Ouch.. Hopefully it's not as sad as you make it sound, but instead a lovely vacation. Would of loved to have you on board. Who knows, maybe when you get back I will still have this thing alive no? Thanks for the comments Tabis!

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Notice!
First post is up. If you don't post by tomorrow, I will PM you.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby estrelas on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm working on my post, but I might not be able to get it up until later tonight.

estrelas
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Half-way working on my sheet for Hacker. I'll have it up in a couple of hours. If my family doesn't commandeer me for something.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowsoftheNine on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 pm

It's alright Alasund! Glad to have you coming on board.

ShadowsoftheNine
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!