Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Official Guild Wars Discussion Thread

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

The Official Guild Wars Discussion Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 pm

The Official RolePlayGateway Guild Wars Discussion Thread

Artwork (C) PlayNC/ArenaNet

ImageHey there, RPG.

It's come to my attention after a brief discussion in chat that there are a bunch of people on Gateway who have accounts on Guild Wars, the MMORPG from ArenaNet/PlayNC. I thought that 'Hey, what better thing to do than to create an RPG Guild?'

In answer, hey, a bunch of things - but they all require far too much effort and investment of time. And I'm lazy. So, like a true master of laziness I'm not creating a new guild (Jeez, they cost a lot!), rather I am using the shell of an old guild I was in, complete with the majority of the Guild Hall services, and a small but fun alliance. Now, obviously seeing as I have been inactive for a long time, I know very little about the state of said alliance at the moment, and if it proves to be unsuitable, then obviously we'll move on.

I'm hoping to find a whole load of Guild Wars players out there who are willing to come and join up with this RPG guild, and hey, if you want to - bring your friends! In the meantime, why not encourage them to sign up to the site? See - enterprising, I'm more than just lazy!

At the very least, we should all add each other as friends, and get together to run missions, help each other, and all that.

Now I'll be the first to confess - I'm no Guild Wars expert. I've completed all three games, and know a good deal about the game, but I've never even touched on the elite content like the Domain of Anguish, the Fissure of Woe, or the Underworld! I'll be looking for experienced and capable players, as well as mature and sensible members of the site, to act as officers (and who knows, maybe I'll eventually suffer the horror of handing over leadership!) who can do a better job than I can at all of that post-endgame content.

But first things first, lets get character names out there! My main character as of the current moment is Thirrin Firesong, add me as a friend and hit me up in game for an invite to our guild, the Imperial Valor Guard. So, who's with me? :D

Character Names:

• Thirrin Firesong - Parabola - Guild Leader
  • Ravina Bladewhirler - Paranoid22 - Not in Guild
  • Myria Thunderstorm - muketsu_bara - Not in Guild (yet!)
  • Lumaire Llan - Orestiad - Not in Guild (yet!)
  • Rebellous SaDiablo - Rebellous - Not in Guild (yet!)

Everyone post your character names, even if you're already in a guild that you don't want to leave! Maybe posting a little summary of both your characters, your experience, your general activity (even if you're horrifically inactive, feel free to sign up, I can't guarantee my own activity all the time, which is why I'm looking for the dedicated officer team and do plan to pass over leadership at some point) and your general online times.

Note: If you feel I've missed anything out, feel free to say! This is all in the early not-a-lot-of-planning stage!
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: The Official Guild Wars Discussion Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Myria Thunderstorm - Necromancer and Ranger combination!

I'm somewhat active. Not all the time, but somewhat. Level 20 with level 20 henchies and animal companion... I've got three of the games, don't have eye of the north, don't know if I will get it either... So add me if ya want!!!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:54 pm

I have all the games! And it's Blagan Lothea, warrior pro! Taaaank taaaank taaaaank, baby.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmi-Heldt on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 pm

I would join, but I own a guild with my brother, Mind if we do an alliance thing? I have all games besides Eye of the north TT__TT
Good Things End with "Game Over", but Great Things "Retry".

Emmi-Heldt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Change that to Lumaire Llan, Parabola. That'll be my "new" char for this ordeal. XD Blangan will be around though, naturally for runs, maybe.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:03 pm

The guild idea might end up being abandoned, to tell the truth, seeing as most people have guild already, but getting a dedicated group of Gateway Guild Wars players would still be good. :D

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmi-Heldt on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 pm

My main character, a minion master build Necro is Rebellous SaDiablo

Emmi-Heldt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 pm

NO. Must have guild!

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emmi-Heldt on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Fine! I'll join! Sheesh. Put meh on the roster.

Emmi-Heldt
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul of Edinburgh on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 am

I cannot believe people still actually play this game.

Soul of Edinburgh
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:36 am

We're just nerds like that

O:

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForestofFlames on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:10 pm

i'm in my friends guild but; Blood Hungry Doctor, necro/monk lvl 20
DEATH SPOON (you'll understand when your older)

ForestofFlames
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Oooer didn' t know that you played FF :D

Prose
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!