Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Order of the White Lotus

The Order of the White Lotus

a part of “The Order of the White Lotus”, a fictional universe by Gabriel_Whist.

A literate, mature, advanced/semi-advanced story, set in the world of Avatar Last of the Airbenders, hundreds of years before hand, in a different time, a different era.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Order of the White Lotus”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Order of the White Lotus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:40 pm

0.0 why did it say "Guest" for my last post...?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Harta
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 am

This isn't a romance RP. I suppose its possible some could occur, but that will not ever be a central focus of this game. As such, the gender of characters is not particularly important, whichever you'd prefer is fine. And yes, there is a character limit, for which I apologize, but I can only maintain a strong storyline involving all characters with so many players, and I didn't expect to find many skilled and literate players interested when I created this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 am

I've always liked romance as a small subplot, and not the main plot itself. It's just that in Avatar, there was more romance in it than I thought it would have. I honestly don't really care about the gender ratio, but in the past few roleplays I've been asked to change my character to guy to girl or girl to guy just to keep it even. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to do that for this roleplay cuz honestly, it kinda annoys the crap outta me lol.

anyways, I submitted my character form. It's a lot longer than I thought it would be (I was having too much fun writing :P) and her history became more of a detailed short story than a small narrative review sort of thing but I hope it's okay.

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:00 am

I'm actually pretty humbled you would prefer my Muten Roshi over Elektriche's Iseul. My character isn't nearly as detailed and the profile is rather bare in comparison. I've been having that problem lately, where my characters (who were once created with more detail) now contain little more than the bare essentials. My friends assure me it helps keep the character open for development, but I'm not so sure. After having looked at some of the other profiles, mine just seems to be the weakest as far as meat goes.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elektrische on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Protoman X wrote:I'm actually pretty humbled you would prefer my Muten Roshi over Elektriche's Iseul. My character isn't nearly as detailed and the profile is rather bare in comparison. I've been having that problem lately, where my characters (who were once created with more detail) now contain little more than the bare essentials. My friends assure me it helps keep the character open for development, but I'm not so sure. After having looked at some of the other profiles, mine just seems to be the weakest as far as meat goes.

I don't think character profiles are a good way to judge a person's strength, as far as details go. I have problems creating character profiles too, and as a roleplayer, I think characters are never really finished, and as you roleplay they get put into situations, and make decisions and you both grow together :D So as you say, it's open for character development.

Honestly, I'm just happy I got accepted to begin with. I love both my characters *pats Shan Li and Iseul*. If Iseul didn't get in this time I could always submit him in for another Avatar RP.

And Harta, I agree with you. I've always liked romance in the side, it's just so cute and it makes the story more interesting, though it sort of sours the roleplay when it's dominated by nothing but romantic plot points.

I haven't done a group RP in so long. I'm excited. And, Gabriel, do you think I could up Shan Li's age to around... 22? Because you said he already meshes well with Kuzon, so I'm not sure if changing his age would mess anything up. Oh, edit, I just saw Kuzon's profile page, and I laughed out loud because I understand why you think they're going to mesh well. Kuzon's going to have a field day with Shan Li. >_>
Over and in, last call for sin. While everyone's lost, the battle is won, with all these things that I've done.

Elektrische
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Proto: I can tell from your posts in the OOC alone that your more literate than most though, and while Iseul's sheet may be longer and more detailed, I want to have you as one of the cast, simply because I trust your quality level more than most other people.

Elektrische. Yeah, you can up his age to 22, thats fine. And don't worry, Kuzon won't be TOO hard on Shan Li. XD

Harta: 0_o

Wow. Just, wow. Waaaaay to long on the history section, I really don't want to read through all of that. However, a few notes on what I did read. In your fighting style you speak of her moves as invincible, and able to beat anyone. That, quite frankly, is bull shit. Your character is a 14 year old girl, completely untrained in earthbending. Sure, you can be powerful, and naturally skilled, that is why you would be brought into the White Lotus. But you cannot be an overwhelmingly talented master, you don't have the experience in, or knowledge of, earthbending to pull off such powerful moves, let alone create them yourself.

Also, your character is an earthbender, yet was born and raised in the water tribes it seems. That cannot happen, the elements are clearly defined by nation, and an earthbender cannot be born in any country save the earth kingdom. Thank you for your interest, and... zealousness, but I'd like you to rewrite your character sheet, with a much shorter history section, and a proper background and power level.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:42 pm

haha ohhh damn XD I knew I was going way overboard. I was too entertaining myself. Shouldn't have used it as the real thing XD Well first, I didn't say she was invincible or able to beat anyone :O I was just using fancy words to say that she's not too weak or anything and that some attacks are kinda difficult to dodge, but not impossible. But yeaah, I did make her a little too...inhuman o.o

btw, is it possible for somebody to have an Earthbender as a father but a Waterbender as a mother? then moved to the watertribes? And still be able to earthbend because of the ability from their father? But not be able to waterbend? That's kinda how her history goes and stuff and I wanna make sure it's possible :O

anyways, I'll rewrite it when I get home from school XD

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 pm

You can have an earthbender father and a waterbender mother, but your bending abilities would have to correlate to the country you were born in, and raised in. So if you were born and raised in the Earth Kingdom you would be an earthbender, but if you were born and raised in the Water Tribes you would have to be a waterbender. Either way though, their is no way you could make the tidal wave or the earth wall you spoke of, both are faaaar to powerful for pretty much anyone save the Avatar.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:27 pm

@Nishomay: Females are in no way forbidden to airbend. In fact, every single Air Nomad is an airbender, and the woman grow up in temples and learn to airbend from youth, just as the males do. As for the herbs and weed, trust me, I have no problem with stoner characters, I'm a stoner myself, but the pacifist stoner character really does not work for this roleplay. These characters should be trained and skilled benders, with drive, and ambition, who have joined the White Lotus, people who will change the world. A stoner pacifist who doesn't even know they can bend, and wears clothing from the American 1970's has no place in this game. Feel free to rewrite your profile though.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 pm

I was under the impression that the Air Nomads were often raised as monks in one of the Temples, but they were, in fact, Nomads, and as such traveled often in more secluded and disjointed groups as well. I thought a group of performers would fit this idea... Where's your source or example on the culture of the Air Nomads--what episode, I suppose? Because from what I've seen it'd be hard to incorporate Any airbender that's grown up as a monk because their life is simply too seclusive. I also doubt that a traveling group of Air Nomad performers is too far from the few scraps of information the canon gives on the Air Nomads. Just because monks were the only kind of air benders we saw... It's not as if the people from the Earth Kingdom were only miners, right? Help me make sense of this :)
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:56 pm

Aaaah. I found this on the roleplay tab first, and was overly excited. Really, it was embarrassing. I've been an avid fan of Avatar since the series started, but there has never been a truly literate roleplay (other than a friend of mine) that has interested me.
Now I see that there is a limited number of characters. Would it be too late to submit a character profile or two? I understand if it is.

SousaTuba
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 am

Fabricati: The creators have said that all Air Nomads are airbenders, all males are housed in the North and South Temples, and the females in the East and West. It can be assumed they roamed the earth on their sky bisons, as Aang had friends from all over the world, but they lived exclusively in their monk sects. You can look it up if you don't believe me, and honestly, I don't care whether or not you do, I'm the GM, and thats the way it works in this RP.

SousaTuba: No, feel free to submit a character. Air and earth will be easier to get cast as though, since I still haven't found a strong player for either of those elements yet.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:34 am

ohh I got it. I just thought that it was in their blood, and whatever element that works most with the body, the power would just flow out naturally and stuff without you noticing. I must of gotten that from another TV show though, so...XD

And just to clear things up, I didn't mean to make it sound like she actually CREATES her own earthbending moves, I was trying to say that she takes the moves she learned so far from other earthbenders (should of added THAT in the history lol) and kind of montages them together. It's just two or three earthbending moves done at the same time. Aang and Toph does that a lot (at least I think they do).

And, I am so sorry if my character's history made you go totally "WTF?" :'D I reread it the night after I submitted the form and knew what a huuuuge mistake I did. It all just played like an nice and epic action movie in my head and I never considered or even thought straight about how my little earthbender could even bend HALF of what she made. I get too carried away and should of kept it to myself and made the REAL history for her but I'm not really the type of person to think straight :/ And it was just sooo cool for myself to be earthbending *_*

anyways this roleplay might not be right for me (first time my character actually got rejected o_o) and I know when to give up but I guess I'll just give it one more shot.

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RZ.Rob on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:52 am

Submitted a character finally... just tell me if you have any questions or concerns about my character. Thanks in advance.

RZ.Rob
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Ah, alright. I had looked for references on the show to catch up since I haven't seen it in a while, but those facts had escaped me. I hadn't realized there had been so much information on the Air Nomads out there, as they really Never came up in the show O_o I believe you completely, though I'd really like to know where you got your info just so I can catch up on anything else I'm not aware of... Unless it was just from episodes I haven't seen recently enough, I suppose.

Seeing as the character doesn't fit much at all, I may or may not simply make a new one...

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Harta: Better profile, though it still doesn't really make sense entirely. If you can earthbend, you cannot waterbend. Every person in the world knows that, that you can only bend one element. So it doesn't make sense that she would be held back from realizing her potential in earthbending so that she could learn her mothers waterbending as well, even if she failed at it. I'd reccomend you just edit out the backstory concerning the water tribe, as it is really entirely irrelevant and non-sensical. Why not just have your father leave on a mission one day, and leave you nothing but a note. Then your character can go off searching for him, and eventually attract the attention of the White Lotus.

Rob: Good profile. Only one note, no airbender knows their parents, all are raised by all the monks, with no knowledge of who their mother or father is. You can have Su 'bei Woo be a close guide and mentor, like Aang had with Gyatso, and nothing would really change, I just wanted you to be aware of the completely monastic life style of the Air Nomads. Though of course, they are often incurable pranksters, as witnessed both with the younger airbenders, and Gyatso's pie launching.

Fabricati: Read around the Avatar wikia site, it probably has some good information. Much of mine I got from Avatar Extras though, and I don't know where to watch those except when they're on tv. And its up to you, but if you want to have a chance at a slot, yes, you should create a new character, as you current one is not even being considered.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RZ.Rob on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm fine with that change in my character. I will change it right now, would you like me to resubmit my character?

RZ.Rob
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 pm

No, thats fine Rob, you can edit profiles up until the point that they are accepted without a need to resubmit. Also, as all airbenders are monks in the temples, your parents would either be two monks, unknown to you, or travellers passing through the temple, who left you there for some reason. The only way to reach the temples is by sky bison, so they would have known the monks in some manner as well. In any case, none of that actually changes anything in your character as presented, and doesn't need to be dealt with at any point, unless you want to.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RZ.Rob on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:25 pm

If you would like to add the twist of his parents finding him or something, that would be okay with me. Improvising is apart of role playing :). Once (or if) I'm accepted I will change the profile accordingly to your critique, and if you would like me to add anything else or change something I will do that as well.

RZ.Rob
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Just go ahead and edit the profile now, I'm still leaving casting open for a while longer, and I don't want to forget we had this conversation when I'm going over the profiles for final selection.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!