Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Order of the White Lotus

The Order of the White Lotus

a part of “The Order of the White Lotus”, a fictional universe by Gabriel_Whist.

A literate, mature, advanced/semi-advanced story, set in the world of Avatar Last of the Airbenders, hundreds of years before hand, in a different time, a different era.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Order of the White Lotus”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Order of the White Lotus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:39 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Order of the White Lotus"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Order of the White Lotus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:58 pm

Cool idea, Gabe. As usual. Your Avatar stuff tends to be far superior than what is normally seen. It helps that most of my favorite characters were members of the White Lotus, as well. I've grown bored of bending elements, since I've tried playing as all four different Benders at least once before. For this, I believe I'll go for a more Sokka/Jet approach. No elements, justs weapons and wits. We'll see how I fare against all those Bender maniacs who are sure to join in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tomiron2010 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 am

Awesome I hope my characters accepted, even though I've only completed the 2nd book :X in the series I love elementalists or elemental type combat so I'm so up for this if you'll have me >.>

tomiron2010
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:52 am

Proto: Haha, thank you sir. And don't worry, non-benders will be able to hold their own against benders. I mean, Sokka's sword master was clearly far superior to any ordinary bender, on an even playing field with a true bending master. And wit.... wit is far more important than power, brains will win out over brawn any day of the week. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Tomiron: Try running your characters through this: http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm
It won't instantly make you a better writer, or RPer, but it will help you to create better, more realistic, more mature and well rounded characters.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:24 am

A few notes on character applications.

This is set in a time of peace. The nations have militaries, but there is no war. So perhaps a fire nation general would go to another country, but not on a mission of war. Only as a diplomat for country to country relations.

Very few join the ranks of the White Lotus, and even fewer under the age of fifty. Most of their members join when they are older, and wiser, and have completely mastered their bending art. Those who do join at a younger age are, without exception, chosen by an existing member of the White Lotus to be a trainee, as the member who chose them saw great promise in them.

Only fire can be created, and even that is merely manifest from the sun. Benders are just that, Benders, not creators. So a character would not be able to create a chunk of rock, or a wave, only manipulate what is already there.

So far we have 2 firebender applications, and 1 earthbender. Feel free to submit multiple characters by the way. I'd hate to lose out on a skilled player because someone else had a better profile for their element.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elektrische on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:49 am

... I wonder if I was too hasty in submitting a character application. Uh, Gabriel, I'm not sure if you want to disregard Shan's profile, but I want to make another one (or at least tweak up his ie: his age, clarify why his dad went to the North pole, etc). Will definitely be taking that Mary-Sue quiz though.

I have a question, however. If the five benders and one non-bender have mastered their element, what are the five NPC trainers for? Or is that too central to the plot and we'll have to wait and see?
Over and in, last call for sin. While everyone's lost, the battle is won, with all these things that I've done.

Elektrische
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Sweet. I love a good literate roleplay and I love Avatar. This happens to combine two of my life loves.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Elektrische: Don't worry, you can continue to edit your character sheet until approved by the GM in any tab. And you haven't mastered your element yet. MOST who join are older, wiser, and masters of their element, that is why I imposed the age limit. Because your (the players) characters should be younger, less wise, and less masterful, but are chosen to join at their young ages because of their massive potential. Your characters should essentially be incredibly skilled naturally, but not yet honed to perfection. You have the power, the natural skill, but not the training, wisdom, and mastery of the older members.

Almostinsane: Glad to please. :) Looking forward to your profile.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Oh... I thought the characters had to be 50 or older... Oops! Guess I'll have to fix that.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RZ.Rob on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Sorry if you've already answered this question. I am interested in joining,

Does this RP take place before, after, or during the fire nation's conquest for dominance over the nations? Do air-benders still exist or are they extinct at this point in time? Thank you in advance, I'll be working on a character.

RZ.Rob
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:56 am

The plot synopsis in the introduction should explain everything. :)

EDIT:

Hmmm, reread the intro, and I realized I didn't give dates or anything. I must have forgot to put them in, from the initial interest check. Sorry man. Its hundreds and hundreds of years before Aang was born. Air Temples still exist, as do the Nomads who inhabit them, the nations are at peace have been for centuries. What came before those two hundred years will be a part of the plot, to be revealed at a much later date.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:35 am

OMG I must join this O_O I'm currently on the 3rd book and LOVE IT so far!! I've always wanted to be a waterbender because I always thought water as my element, but then Toph came in and I like her so much that now I'm stuck between Water and Earth :/

Harta
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:08 am

OK. I youngified my character. He's ready for inspection now.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Harta: Just make sure to be as literate as you can, with as few spelling and grammar mistakes as possible.

Proto: Right on, thanks for the profile.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Hmm... My character seems so bland... Something you've said bothers me just a tad, though:
Your characters should essentially be incredibly skilled naturally, but not yet honed to perfection. You have the power, the natural skill, but not the training, wisdom, and mastery of the older members.

She's not in any way a prodigy in bending; she was born with no special knack for it or abnormal power/prowess, but as a performer all her life, she's spent years and years perfecting air-bending, using tools, learning stances and honing principles. Her weakness is not her level of skill; instead, it's that she doesn't have a lot of power behind her work And that her skills aren't well adapted to combat yet. Does this fit with the Lotus setting, or should I work at something different?
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Glad you asked Fabricati, I needed to talk to you about your submission anyways. See, the thing is ALL airbenders are raised in Air Temples, by the Air Monks. The Air Nomads are a very spiritual people, and literally all of them are airbenders. So it wouldn't be possible for yoru character to have learned airbending in a travelling performers troupe, as only the Air Nomads know. Your character could travel the world, with the Air Nomads, as Aang did as a child, or roam on your own when older, and a master, as my NPC airbending master did, but you would still have been born and raised in the Air Temples.

In terms of skill level, you can be a master airbender, which would give you the same tattoos as Aang, but you wouldn't be a true master, when compared to the masters of the White Lotus or Air Monk Masters themselves. Your character is young, and thus lacks the true experience and wisdom to be a complete master. You have the natural skill, but you still require more training to truly master your element.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

I got my character up. I hope it is acceptable.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elektrische on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Harta wrote:OMG I must join this O_O I'm currently on the 3rd book and LOVE IT so far!! I've always wanted to be a waterbender because I always thought water as my element, but then Toph came in and I like her so much that now I'm stuck between Water and Earth :/

O: it'd be cool if you'd make a Waterbender. So far we have no Waterbenders, and I've always thought Water to be my element too. That, or Fire. We have so many Firebenders though o_o Fierce competition.

Anyway, this roleplay is picking up interest :D Cool.

Elektrische
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Alright, so this isn't set in stone yet, but my current choices for cast are:

Firebender: Elektrische's Shan Li
Non-Bender: Protoman X's Muten Roshi
Waterbender: Designation Kik's Satya Katat

Which leaves us needing an earthbender and an airbender.

Elektrische, I liked both of your characters, honestly I liked your nonbender even more than Shan Li, but Shan Li will work well as a student for Kuzon, and I wanted Protoman's Muten Roshi as our nonbender. Proto, your character sheet was good as well, and I seem to remember you as being literate from past experiences, so I trust your quality level, and again, you'll work well with your categories master, Xin Bei. Designation Kik, great profile, I think Satya will work well with Kuruk.

Tigeress, I really liked your profile as well, but Ka-do didn't mesh with Kuzon quite as well, and I was impressed with both of Elektrische's profiles and wanted to have one join the cast. To be honest though, your character makes more sense to me as an earthbender, and if you wanted to perhaps rework her as an earthbender, I think you could fill that role well.

Everyone else, you are all still more than welcome to continue to tweak your profiles, or submit more characters, and perhaps win yourself a slot. These are merely the current front runners, and casting will still be up for a while. And I still have no idea who I'm going to take for an earthbender or airbender, so there's opportunity there as well.

This has garnered more interest than I expected as well, so I may come up with more roles later on in the story, or even open up a second team if enough people of high caliber wish to join at some point. But, to start at least, there are only the five slots at most. This sadly means that some of you will be turned away for the time being at least, and I apologize for that, and thank your for your interest. I will try to come up with more character slots though, and let those who don't make it in know if I think of something. I'm also more than willing to help you on your character sheets if you want, just PM me and I'll send you notes, or ideas on how you could fit into one of the character slots.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guest on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:38 pm

I didn't know that this roleplay had a limited amount of people who could join o_o better fill in my character form!

aaand alright then, I'll try out for earthbender :D

by the way, should we keep the gender ratio even? most roleplays do that now to make it more interesting, but it's your choice :D

still wondering if I should make my character a guy or a girl...

Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Storyteller Property Buyer Person of Interest Giver Giver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!