Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Path of Nobility

The Path of Nobility

a part of “The Path of Nobility”, a fictional universe by Disciple of Tzeentch.

The path to Nobility is a diverging one. Some rule with a kind heart and others with an iron fist, but one thing is needed above all: Ambition. (Sandbox Rp)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Path of Nobility”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Path of Nobility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Awesome, super excited. Thanks.
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Also I'd like to compliment you on the crest you used for a pic. The direwolf on a snow white field of House Stark. Have you enjoyed the books? Personally I can't wait for the next one to come out :3

also I rephrase my question. roughly how much money is the basic economic level. I want to budget myself for my turn so I can get a good post in the works.

EDIT:
I have also updated my CS with my current land and it's current Assets. I update as I continue.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Yes, a game of thrones was my favorite. XD

Economy levels:
0. Debt: you cannot build anything. Your men are not being paid and growing angry.
1. Poor: You can build residential buildings like hovels and basic houses, or you can hire around 50 basic soldiers (not including militia as they are volunteer)
2. Basic: You can build more economical buildings such as small farms, small religious structures, a mill, blacksmith, leather tanner etc. You can hire, and upkeep around 100 soldiers depending on their equipment and pay.
3. Moderate: You build a variety of buildings, such as a town hall, tavern/inn, brewery, a mine (if you have the land), a ship (if you have the land), etc. You can hire and maintain around 200 soldiers depending on their pay, and equipment.
4. Wealthy: You can build just about anything you please too, save for perhaps a fortress. Hiring soldiers will be left up to your discretion as unless you hire a ridiculous amount I wont say anything.
5. Rich: You make the king envious.

There is no set number of coins for each, as that would just get confusing. I said earlier that 15 silver is basic pay for a soldier, so the count of basic being able to get around 100 soldiers is assuming that is what they pay. The money is more for me to know how loyal and strong the soldiers are than for you. Unless you try to hire 200 soldiers with a basic economy, I am not going to call a flag on it, and if I do it will be more of a warning such as saying your economy is slowly sinking due to the cost of maintaining your soldiers.

When you start a construction job, I will say when it is completed, because some buildings will take longer than others to build.
"The day will not save them. And we own the night."

The minds of gods are not for mortals to know or to judge. Accept that Tzeentch has a place for all of us in his grand scheme, and be happy in the part you have to play.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineRequiem on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Alright I shall post tommrow but for tonight I shall be off!

Cannot wait !
Aww Sam. You make me giggle :)

DivineRequiem
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Alright, cya tomorrow night Divine

thank you for the info Disciple. I will not post till my turn but I can get started on writing mine out.

Is there any type of specific format you want the posts placed. I know each nation RP is differnt and this one is differnt from mine because of characters. As of now a majority of my post will seem like actions, not really first person posts from the characters eyes, though that will be part of it once we get going.

is this acceptable. For example, I'll put a simple thing that I will be posting in my first turn

- Search the keep for any resources remaining or anything that can be of use.

and then you would post the response to the action in your post.

EDIT: also can you post the turn over at the bottom of the introduction of the RP? Just so we can quickly glance at in case we forget.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm

(I'm just throwing in my word)

Right...While you guys are busy bragging about your trade and your iron and all that, I'm just reminding you that I have da wood! Your fuel, your basic material for practically anything, what're you gonna do about it?!

Alright that's my word and now back to my questions...Will we be restricted from trading with the Empire? I wanna make some profit!
Asides from that...is this is posting order:
-central
-western
-southern
-Nothern

?
Could use some members for this RP, a fantasy, strategy RP.

Klause
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Very true. You have the wood.

Trade with the Empire is possible but I would personally not recommend it. We just seceded from the Empire. Trade Tariffs are probably VERY HIGH. The chances of you being able to make a profit there is probably very low, that is if they want to trade at all

EDIT:
Once again I have updated my CS with a bunch more information...or more exactly slots for information. A lot of it is N/A right now XD

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Nanase hit the nail on the head. Trading with the Empire now would be… costly as they would charge more as they are rather bitter, at least for now. Now or in the future you can trade with them, they wont mind to much at least the trading part, although if you want to pay the Tariffs thats fine.

Posting order is in the introduction.

Also your posting style is fine Nanase, as long as I understand what you wish to accomplish than I don’t mind in what matter you do it. You can write an essay or a paragraph, as long as I know what you wish to attempt and what you wish to attempt it with.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:18 pm

So...the order which you posted our nobles in is the order which we have to post in? Or can we post (once) a response to your post and then wait for the rest to answer.

Klause
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:22 pm

The posting order is more for my sanity to help me keep track, but there is more people than I originaly anticipated, so waiting for 7 people to post before you can does seem rather slow...

Very well, if you wish you can post, but I wont be posting a reply till everyone has posted (or they have run out of time) to which I will skip them.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 am

Awesome, I got a good amount of my post up. It is not completely finished yet but a good chunk of it is. I still need to write out those letters and perhaps think of a few more items to add in their. I am rather limited in knowledge right now so this turn is mostly information gathering, and beginning the reconstruction effort with the materials on hand.

Though it is order form, I still keep with Faile's personality very well I think. She's being a little scandalous right now with working in the villages to help reconstruct herself, but her people are more important then a noble gossiping about her working a sweat with them.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:22 am

That is a lot of information gathering it seems I must do, but I like how you try to get as much information as possible. Well I know what I will be doing most of tomorrow, finding all those questions you and the others are most likely to ask.

Yes, it seems like a very long work list (which sadly is more for me than anyone else), but once everyone has their post up I will answer all of those to the best of my ability.

EDIT: You dont have to give out a long list, you can instead have it through the eyes of your character as he orders his people to do what he wishes. I can understand both ways, but it is up to your personal preference.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:07 am

Alright, I'll do my first post as a long list (mainly because there is a long plan ahead of my character) after that, I will return to my normal posting style...Narrative!

By the way, Tzeetch, You might hate me for the long post I'm going to post later...But the majority of it should actually be respond with a single paragraph...or so (unless you want to go hardcore with the national pride of the people, etc).

As for the letters that are send out...They are brief and are meant to be answered in turn 2, unless you wanna go ahead and write a proposal back (but I won't answer then till turn 2).

Klause
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 am

Haha!

Be warned my posting style is odd... I took ideas from Nanase and have wrote it two parts. The first is a scene dealing with the personal lives of TIka, Cassidy her lover and vassal, and her two children.

The rest, however, is written sorta like a dairy format, talking about what Tika and Cassidy discussed and attempt to accomplish. I find this creates a entertaining way of telling the story. (there are even some jokes, one about the empire salting the land might cause you to chuckle).

Its a bit melodramatic, but you must understand that a common infantry commander has been given a difficult task on the far western most (nearest ot he empire) and thus has a difficult path ahead of her, so i felt her doubt to be approiate.

please tell me if you like the format or if you don't so I can change it :)

p.s. It'll be up whenever Disciple posts it for me. I write on a ps3 sooo yeah lol

Tigeress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:04 am

Chances are mine will become a mix as interactions start up as well. For now it is in this format, easier for me to write.

To do list for today:
1. write out the letters.
2. Brainstorm about more ideas that can be done with minimal impact to current economy as income is low right now.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 am

He he he, well for now at least, I can't have my economy harmed anymore than what it already is...It's a back watered piece of land that I have gotten myself. Only reason my Lord is staying is because of the price of Lumber...But I fear that once that the reparations are done, then the prices will fall...HEAVILY!

Hmm...When that happens I plan on either starting to trade through the ports of the East, or send letters to the Empire.

Asides from that, are we allowed to make events ourselves? Such as, a witch has been spotted in my lands and now both the Lord and the people are in panic.
Would that be allowed?

Oh and once again, sorry for the long list of things that I needed to do...I hope that the majority can be answered with a single paragraph, and it is only to start off, after this one I'll stick to a narrative form of writing, small stories, etc.

Klause
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:49 am

Hey Clause, I will respond to your letter in my own post. Just update your post with the exhanges towards the bottom.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 am

I went to bed last night assuming I wouldn't be able to post until the two nobles previous to me had posted, otherwise I would've already had one up. I'll keep the new idea in mind and post now. :)

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DivineRequiem on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:16 am

For some reason whenever I click to post my first post....it logs me out.

I will keep trying but if I'm unable :O you may skip me.

DivineRequiem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 am

Well, I hope you can post, seeing as I wrote a letter to you. >.>

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!