Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Even Gods Bleed: Divine Wrath

The Rebellion Force

a part of “Even Gods Bleed: Divine Wrath”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

In Cam Lire hope is whispered in children ears to aid sleep. The reign of the God King is spreading like disease. And though it need curing rebellion is but a dream. However some would see it reality. But is this really a plague or blessing?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Even Gods Bleed: Divine Wrath”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Rebellion Force

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm

A few young dragons wouldn't be that bad. Perhaps they can hardly even breathe acid yet considering they're so young. They'd be a slight challenge but easily defeated I'd imagine. The adult of course would be a problem... but, I still stand firm in thinking it could be fun for the rebellion to pull their resources and kill it. A few giants could work perfectly. Be ideal for busting down the front gates of the fortress. Reminds me of LOTR when the Orcs used those trolls. A combination of all of these could work.

Orcs comprise the main army, a few young wyrms joined by a fully matured. And a couple giants. I have no problem with this... but, it's vital that the general doesn't attack right away I think. If he does, the rebellion will truly stand no chance. It'd be somewhat important to give them time to organize.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:33 pm

My forces don't appear until nightfall, dramatic entrance and all. ^^

In all honestly, I thought you all could handle any of my choices and that my character might even die as a result. True they are a bit overkill, which was the intended point, but I assumed the Rebels could handle it.

Anyway...

That is one vote from Maestro toward a unique combination of them all.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:46 pm

I vote towards giving Hal a magical dragonlance and a tank. Haha. It's all the same to me. As they say, "Roll with the punches." I volunteer not to be roast dragon fodder.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:54 pm

The bloody rebellion hasn't even formed as an organization yet, how can it pool it's resources?

I vote a single (young) dragon at most, would prefer giants and orcs.

And yes, maybe my farmers and mercenaries might be able to beat a bunch of dragons, on an open field but not in a siege. The walls would be death traps, with the only way to avoid horrible acid death, is a forty-five foot drop. The courtyards would be death traps, with the only way to avoid a horrible acid death would to be to scramble up sheer rock walls.

All the dragons would have to do is hover out of range and hack acid down at us.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm just being hypothetical, Irish. More playful words than anything.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Maybe the dragons could show up later in the siege? It ain't gonna fall in a day, and that'd give time for the Rebellion's allies to arrive.

*Is totally not just hoping to fight a dragon with his wyvern*
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Re-edited Army, lead by the Orc General Lockjaww.

The Horde
Division: Brigade (500)
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior
Specialization: None
Armor: Medium Armor
Weapon: Varying Melee Weapons

Horde Brutes
Division: Platoon (50)
Race: Troll
Class: Warrior
Specialization: Barbarian
Armor: Light
Weapon: Heavy Club
Mount: None

Open Says Me!
Type: Siege Tower (10)
Effect: grants access to fortress, by latching onto the outer wall.
Description: is a specialized siege engine, constructed to protect assailants and ladders while approaching the defensive walls of a fortification.

Drill Team
Type: Dwarf Engineered Drill
Description: Using a drill to dig underground, the team will then burrow under the fortress and past the the two outer walls and end up somewhere in the courtyard. Takes approximately a day of uninterrupted digging.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:22 pm

"Open Says Me!" Clever.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Heh, I could have done better. I was just trying to be funny.

But, I hope this better. The Army is still powerful, but not so much. The trolls aren't like LOTR trolls. They are about 7, 8 feet tall, dumber than orcs, but more savage, stronger, and can endure more. But, they don't wear any armor and should easily be outsmarted. The only problem is, the large quantity. The siege towers should present a problem either, at lest if you destroy them before they reach the walls. As for the dig team, only one way to stop them and you have to go through Lockjaww to do so. I will add his profile to the directory soon, hes not to powerful though, as he is just an important NPC.

The Green Horde arrives shortly after the witching hour, RP time.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Trolls you say...Well troll's natural weakness is fire, and my character can cast fire...Hmmm. Sounds good to me (That is, if we're applying traditional trolls here).
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:34 pm

No, these are actually fat white males with greenish pale skin from sitting in front of a monitor for too long, They're great for destroying enemy morale and making them forget what they were fighting about in the first place.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! (Dramatical, and fading, voice)

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:57 am

The general reason the trolls greatest weakness is fire is generally because they get sunburned if they leave a basement. Really though fire only prevents their regenerative capabilities, whether that actually exists is dependent on the lore. LOTR trolls don't have it DnD ones do. Otherwise I wouldn't think they would be any more flammable then orcs. Or siege towers that a presumably made of wood.

Just a note on the orcish hordes. While they are doing the God King's will at the moment, do the still answer ultimately to the cheiftain? If that is so, depending on how long arc 3 takes, there will most likely be a withdrawal.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:48 am

They are lead by a chieftain, the greatest of them all, the God King. haha

But, they are of the God King's personal regiment of orcs. They aren't even from Belholt, they are from Dragonvine Swamp.

Side note: It occurs to me, that it would be nice to have a simple grid to display the whereabouts of everyone. I could of course create one and edit it daily. But, it would better if everyone could do it themselves and have 24 hr access. So does anyone know of, like a Internet paint/image/grid type program?

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:59 am

Alright, that revamped army looks much better, now we can get a proper battle on.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:40 am

I'm glad it is to your liking, GM Irish Wolf. haha

But, no, I am glad everything seems even.

On a side note, I think it would make for an epic battle if we were all to face each other in a text fight or civilization/warfare roleplay, outside of EGB of course.

I would like to test my own prowess and see the full strategic mind of Irish Wolf and 7achary and whoever else would like to toss in their hats.

What say you?

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:27 am

So wait- There are no humans or Warforged in this army? Seems kind of unusual for a human-majority country.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:38 am

Well that depends on what side you are talking about.

And where does it say the majority of the army is human, hm? ; )

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:21 am

I meant in the God-King's army. It seems to be entirely Orcs and Trolls.

Also, I'd expect the military to reasonably reflect the population, considering it's almost certainly made up of volunteers. Even if there was a disproportionately high number of Orcs, there would surely still be some other races involved- Not all Elves would be against the God-King, I imagine, and not all humans either... Unless we are going with 'Race=Alignment'. Even then, I'd expect there to be some Warforged as support.

As it is, this army appears to be entirely light infantry and siege weapons (which includes the trolls- they don't really fit in any other category, though perhaps they might be heavy infantry): Completely inadequate to actually take and hold a castle. True, they're only being sent to quell a rebellion, but such an action would pretty definitely anger any other resistance groups into action, and the castle's new occupants might find themselves tired, injured and back under siege- with reinforcements being half a country away and still missing whatever casualties they take in capturing the castle- in a matter of days or weeks if the nearby townships have any organization at all... And that's barring the rebellion from calling on any allies. Of course, that's thinking the army listed above is the thing and the whole of the thing, not just the orcish contribution.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am

Well Leli has a main force of warforged and I don't think I've seen what Fortissimo's bringing so maybe he'll be using them. I was only given the choice of siege weapons so it's all on the others XP

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!