Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Even Gods Bleed: Divine Wrath

The Rebellion Force

a part of “Even Gods Bleed: Divine Wrath”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

In Cam Lire hope is whispered in children ears to aid sleep. The reign of the God King is spreading like disease. And though it need curing rebellion is but a dream. However some would see it reality. But is this really a plague or blessing?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Even Gods Bleed: Divine Wrath”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Rebellion Force

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:32 am

In Cam Lire, hope is something whispered in the ears of children to aid in sleep. The reign of the God King is spreading like a disease. And though it needs curing, rebellion is but a sweet dream. However, there are those who would see it reality. But, is this really a plague or a blessing in disguise?

LINKS

1. RP Tab
  2. IC Page
  3. OOC Page
  4. Announcement Page
  5. Player Directory
  6. Character Directory
  1. Races Page
  2. Classes & Specialization Page
  3. Magic System Page
  4. Location Page
  5. Information Page

The Rebellion Force of Cam Lire, Discussion Thread

This thread is created for in character discussion related to the roleplay Even Gods Bleed: Divine Wrath. In order to post here, your character first must have been accepted and your character must also be part of the rebellion or intend to join the rebellion. I have created this thread so discussions between multiple parties is possible. Feel free to plan strategies and whatever, as long as it is IC related. Just remember to keep the top secret stuff in PMs. Even though things work better when scripted, not all of the details must be provided.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Rebellion Force

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Excellent, my loyal minions shall assemble here and proclaim their devotion to the great mercenary captain, William Campborn.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:51 pm

So, presumably my Dorf and his Clan will be involved in the first story arc and the siege. However, he's not a member of the Rebellion... So how am I going to to get him all the way down there to support them? It's a conundrum, it is.
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:21 pm

I feel like posting a troll face over in the opposing thread. But that would be immature wouldn't it?
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Yes it would be. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

[Actually it does]

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:12 am

Eh, just call it... preemptive retaliatory strike on the forces of evil... >:D
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wakeangel on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 am

-envisions gaily festooning Azrael and Abaddon with toilet paper-
Signature and Avatar by the amazingly awesome RecAgenda

wakeangel
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Hydrall wrote:So, presumably my Dorf and his Clan will be involved in the first story arc and the siege. However, he's not a member of the Rebellion... So how am I going to to get him all the way down there to support them? It's a conundrum, it is.

To clarify something important, the rebellion does not /officially/ exist at the moment. There are small factions, but prior to the fortress, the rebellion has never assembled or become self-aware of one another yet. At least, this is my take on it. I would think of the fortress as the origin of the rebellion as a whole. Instead of being a member, the idea is to BECOME a member.

If anyone is looking for ideas on how to begin, you could message 7achary or even myself since I know a little about how it's going to play out with some characters. (:

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:19 am

Preemtive strike launched

That One Guy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:03 pm

With Fly preparing his post in the next day, I imagine all of us should start organizing within the IC versus having to go back and edit our posts after the chaos dies down. So, does anyone have any ideas on where there character is going to begin?

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 pm

I will be near the fortress Calvarre, if you would like to interact with me in the beginning of play please PM me and we will discuss specifics. I've already plotted some with Irish and Maestro, but nothing is ever set in stone until it happens.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I will be in the arena.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 am

Iphigenia shall be brooding on the ship with her father of course, well on her way to negotiate with the Elves.

Does anyone know where in the world I can find a picture of an ancient looking elf?! I can't seem to find anything! And time is running out for me to create the darned npc profile of the Head Elf.

And the king's forces are making fun of me and my failed troll face DX

That One Guy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:12 am

Greetings fellow rebels.

Tis I, your favorite captain-general of mercenaries and I a couple of issues I would like to address.

The first is our war chest. While my character does have a small hoard of coins, it's hidden back on the continent and it's hard getting money out of him anyways. Now I do plan to take over the money left behind by Asher Thrawn but that wont last too long. Now save for a pair of royals, most of our characters aren't carrying around enough money to raise, supply and pay an army. Could I get a count of how much we have from everyone?

And this leads me into my next topic. What are we using for money? Is it gold ingots? Steel coins? Gemstones? Fly, can we get a little clarification and some examples of what their worth? Like how much a common soldier gets payed a month, how much a cow would cost, how much a pound of wheat flour costs, ect? It would be very helpful.

Now one to my last topic. Long term goals. Now, should we win the siege (and I think we should plan that we do) what is going to be our next step? Are we marching up to the palace and kicking in the door? Are we going to conquer province by province or try something else? Personally, I think we should try to take over something that will get us some money, like gold or iron mines.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:51 am

Currency has many forms, I think on principle the rebellion should avoid God King coinage. However, that might prove difficult.Thus far Hal and Co. have sustained themselves on enemy supplies. Why buy something when it serves a dual purpose to just take it? This brings up our next target, when we survive the siege and have victory over our enemies we should look for easily defensible towns with year long commodities, as Irish said, like a mine or a mill. Coastal villages would also be nice. To strangle Azrael we must control or quench his resources and limit his movement. The more terrain we infest with bandits and the like the more we can limit his movement.

I think, personally, that we should leave a garrison of defenders in place at Calvarre. Fill the woodlands and surrounding lands with troops, ranged and stealth based. They harry anyone trying to approach Calvarre and at the very least give us warning of approaching enemies. Punitive raids made on any holdings of Azrael, in many places at once. We strike from the shadows, never being drawn into open conflict, as we build an army through diplomatic (or coercive) relations. We will also need trained craftsmen.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 am

Joshua and Fiona will be approaching the fortress, looking to sign on.

Now Josh can't speak for Fiona, but he ain't fightin' for free, and he prefers his payment in numerically measurable quantities that still hold value if the Godking dies.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:30 pm

Well thus far, you will find the Fey outside of the fortress and meeting with 7achary. Most likely, the Fey will offer 7achary and his troops a bit of sanctuary temporarily to hide out and plot. If anyone else is going to spend their time outside the fortress, you're welcome to break bread and sit around a nice warm fire. It's going to be cold out there from what I hear!

But, yes, as royals, I imagine they would have a great deal of coinage (gold). Reluctantly there isn't much of an army for Fey to take care of. Roughly they will be 200 strong. The Fey are rather peaceful, but they remain prepared. Their army won't be pushovers though because they are highly skilled in the art of stealth and hiding. Killing them nonetheless finding them would be nearly impossible.

So far, I agree that conquering land and resource is the best way to go about business. The rebels need to become well known and at least then, other naysayers of the God King will join up. The leaders were kind enough to offer me an Ambassador position... so, Galizur will soon be on foot towards the dreaded Elves where Azrael awaits. Lastly, the Empress is another person of interest...

Hopefully, I didn't give away too many spoils. =P

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Liana, as an elf, doesn't have much need for coinage and others to barter if she absolutely needs something she can't make herself. As long as she's fed (and uninsulted for the most part) she'll fight. Plus, on principle, she would be offended by being paid with anything that was not food our drink, especially if it held the 'God King's' image... (Liana is sort of the same as a brownie insofar as being paid goes. It's one of the few things that would truly offends her, being paid in an incorrect manner, that is.)

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Crimson, forgive my ignorance, but what does "brownie" mean in that context?

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:32 pm

A brownie I believe is a folklore creature who like being paid with gifts (food).

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!