Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R/The Road Themed?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R/The Road Themed?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Low_End_Tone on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 pm

A few days ago I watched The Road for the first time, and it was amazing the atmosphere and sense of dread was perfect, it wasn't a light-hearted look on the end of the world, but a real one. This was almost enough to evoke the writer in me to surface again. Shortly after I started to get back into S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which is similar in feel (In my opinion) to the Road, as in darker, grayer etc. and that was it, the last nudge I needed to put pen to paper, or in this case tap away on my keyboard.

Now here I am, desperately in need of a role play in a setting similar to these two mentioned things, or even one directly in either universe. Lemme know if y'all are interested in drumming something up.
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?

- Robert Frost, Reluctance

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Low_End_Tone
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R/The Road Themed?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Sounds good- count me in!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Low_End_Tone on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Well, at least that's one person. Any particular thing you wanna do? As in, would you prefer an original (somewhat) world with influences from both, or just an RP set in either one?

Low_End_Tone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Well, as I'm aware of the general setting of both The Road and S.T.A.L.K.E.R but have never read/watched or played them, I guess an original world would be much better for me. I do like the idea of something with an Eastern Bloc feel to it, as in the latter. Did you have any plans for a background calamity or apocalyptic-type event that would set the scene for the RP? A nuclear winter, for example?

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Low_End_Tone on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm certainly up for something with an east bloc feel yes, as for background I really don't know. A nuclear winter is the obvious choice, which I am willing to go with since the RP will be first and foremost about the characters and their last struggle.

Low_End_Tone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Cool, characterisation ftw. I quite like the idea of having isolated patches of high-radiation ground too, maybe small settlements built out of the ruins of larger deserted towns and groups of bandits or scavengers roaming the wastelands in between...

Anyway! Just let me know when this gets off the ground or if there's anything I can do to help.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Alright, I'm down, too

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Low_End_Tone on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Yes! Two people, that's enough for me to actually start putting some work/thought into this. I'll start drafting something up tonight, but don't expect anything until sometime tomorrow. Also settlements will be present, but I'd like them to be quite small and few and far in between, I really want to paint a bleak future here. Bandits and the such will certainly be included, every post-apoc story needs it's gangers after all.

Also dig, if there's anything you'd wanna see, in terms of well anything please share. Whenever I make a role play I always try to make it as much of a group effort as possible.

Off to write something up now.

Low_End_Tone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvilSpaceJoe on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Looks like you just got another person. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post much from Friday to Saturday or Sunday. I'm going to a town that looks like someone dropped a nuke up the road and there isn't much in the way of telecommunications.

I haven't seen the Road yet, but I recently finished STALKER with the Oblivion mod. Shat bricks hard at the blowouts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LzRrxCnv4

If God had not wanted your shit slapped he would not have created me.

EvilSpaceJoe
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Blowout soon, fellow stalkers.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!