Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Role Player's Meme

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

The Role Player's Meme

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Hey guys ^^ Just for fun, I designed a 'Meme' especially for role players. Inspired by the hundreds of memes floating around Deviantart these days. Basically, it's a 'get to know you' kind of thing. Just answer the questions. It was originally just a 'draw out your answers' deal, but upon realizing that not everyone enjoys drawing here...I've made it optional to just write out your answers instead ^-^

So take the template, answer it, and post it on here for all to enjoy. Huzzah!

The template (it's a bit large):
RPer Meme
You will have to click on the image to full-view it, then copy/paste into paint/adobe/whatever it is you want to slap your answers onto it in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: The Role Player's Meme

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Billie_blujean on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:50 pm

So, since I'm TOTALLY paint/adobe/etc illiterate, I thought I'd just rewrite the questions and answer them.

And so, here's a bit about Billie!

So you like to role play, huh? Okay, give us an introduction to yourself!
Well, like I said, I'm Billie. I'm (cough cough)23(cough cough) and I'm a mom of two kids - one's 11 (he's my step-son) and one is 18 months on June 30th. I'm a college student, but not a typical one, obviously. I rescue unwanted animals, a nasty habit I developed from years of living with my mother, and so I currently have three dogs, two cats, and a husband. I table-top role play, although on occasion I also do PBP, obviously, since I am, after all, here.

Where did you first role play? Were you any good?
The first time I really started role playing was in 2000, when I started a PBP based off of... Harry Potter :oops: . It was a blast, there were a few of us in the group and one girl was awesome enough that she encouraged me to do better. I don't think I was ever awful, but that girl definitely helped me up my game. Table-topwise, I first played a World of Darkness Mortals game with my friend Kevin at his apartment. And we had a blast there as well. Once again, there was a girl in the group who definitely pushed me to achieve higher role playing standards, and I did the same for her.

Well, aren't you a dandy? So what's your favorite genre?
Definitely the World of Darkness setting. I consider it... Urban Fantasy/Modern Horror. Very fun, very tricky, etc etc etc. While I like fantasy, I'm not huge on high fantasy, and while I also like Modern, I'm not huge on modern realistic. After all, I live that life every day.

Good choice! How about your least favorite?
Definitely hack-n-slash and plotless. It's fun to kick some butt every once in a while, but not constantly. And it's fun to be able to do what you want, but you have to have some over-arching goal, even if it's as simple as, "My character wants to run the best darn bakery in the city!" Otherwise, things just go in circles, and it becomes tedious to play, not fun.

And what's your favorite role playing style? Where do you prefer to play?
I prefer table-top simply because I like having a Storyteller (or DM or GM or, you know. Whatever you want to call it). I like not being able to determine what's going to happen in the future. I also hate being the Storyteller/DM/GM/wywtci. My favorite place to play is in my friends' living rooms over pizza and beer. Dice fights and fudged rolls just don't happen the same on the computer.

Why don't you introduce us to a few of your characters?
Well, first and foremost, there was Daisy Dumbledore, Albus Dumbledore's brother's daughter. She was pretty silly and basic, as most people's first characters can be. Then, there was my first table-topper, Holly Marcell, the lesbian Homicide Detective with the hots for the hooker (another player's character). She was fun and intense. I based her off of my mom and her partner (work partner, not life-mate partner, although she was a lesbian - my mom's partner, not my mom). I especially liked that she was 5'2 and weighed 85 lbs but could tear some crap up. Then Sybil, who is both used on here in City of Dust and in my real life Changeling: The Lost game. She's cool, too. An oracle with pitch black eyes - except for the huge one on her forehead, that's bright blue and weeps blood-red tears. It's appropriately odd.

So what was your favorite game of all time?
Definitely Roots and Branches, before some crap went down and screwed the whole thing up. Holly was just a real pleasure to play. There was enough interesting stuff going on in the game that she was constantly being forced to reconsider her morals and her beliefs, and in doing so, our Storyteller pushed me to do the same. Plus, exorcising a demon from a tree in the park with nothing but stolen (although Holly insisted they were merely borrowed items from the local Catholic Church and a wino who used to be a priest? OH yes.

Wow! And how about your least favorite?
The game I ran. It was about the Jersey Devil. And while everyone enjoyed themselves, I was constantly having to reevaluate what was going on and what I was doing, all because I had a specific ending in mind. And that was such a no-no.

Speaking of scenes, how about you show us the scene that's made you the happiest?
Okay. Long story short, my character Holly and a bunch of her friends (well, not that many of her friends) show up to her apartment to find a dead hooker on the floor (Not the player's hooker, another hooker who was friends with the player's hooker. Hard to keep your hookers straight, isn't it?). They make a call to some "shady" individuals (who just happen to be vampires) for a clean up crew, and go outside to wait. They're in a bad part of down, some gang members start hassling them, and my little Holly (who, once again, is 5'2) rolls an EXCEPTIONAL SUCCESS on an intimidation roll and stares down a mean, nasty gangster. It was a blast.

Oh dear, romance. Have any of your characters been involved in a relationship? Show us your favorite one!
Once again, my little Holly. She and her hooker finally got a chance to relieve some stress by making out in a cornfield by an abandoned well and got caught by the farmer who lived there.

Have any of your characters ever had children?
No, but I like to think that Holly and her reformed hooker life partner decided to adopt. They'd be SWEEEEEET parents.

What's the worst mistake you've ever made as a role player?
Assuming that I know better than the Storyteller. Guns do not cause aggravated damage.

Have you ever been in a argument with another player?
Nope. I'm too headstrong for other players to disagree with me.

Have you made any lasting friendships through role playing? Let's meet your pals!
Well, Jimmy often looks like this - :shock: , while Danny usually looks like this - :evil: .

If you could improve in one area, what would it be?
Storytelling. Definitely storytelling. I mean, sure, I'm far from a perfect role player, but I'm a far worse Storyteller.

Any tips for fellow role players out there?
Don't have fun at other characters' expense! And don't take your personal feelings about a person out on their character. It TOTALLY ruins the gaming experience.
~*~*The insecurity is almost as dire as the actual incidents: Much like democratic presidencies, we live in constant fear, never knowing when the next one will occur*~*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Billie_blujean
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Vexar the (Epic) Sexar

Attachments
Vexmeme.png
(469.89 KiB) Downloaded 302 times

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:53 pm

Those tits are rather long. o.o;;

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Yes... They are no longer young and perky....

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:43 pm

Grr of course admins can attach said file.

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:24 am

I must protest, as these sort of things promote unoriginal content, as well as spread a concept of FILL IN FORM HERE which is bad enough as is! I leave now, but my protest is still here!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:20 am

Just fill one out Ryand. I will smack you. This doesn't promote anything Unoriginal, so stop flame baiting ><

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:02 am

Ryandy is your native language bitching? e.e;

Edit: Then not being able to continue your bitch-e-ness once you are confronted -hint for you to actually continue an argument as an adult in flame wars-

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 am

These are looking absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work guys!
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:42 am

If by these you mean his, I mean mine are all stick figures because I had a touch pad.

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:45 pm

I do not underestimate the absolute hilarity involved in stick figures. I loled pretty hard at the milk shakes one and the Bambi one. But I do have to admit between Vexar's fishy stick one and the kid getting hit in the head by a ball, I think Vexar might still have you beat on the lol-rating.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Here's my submission! Enjoy :)
Attachments
Role Players Meme copy.jpg
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:08 pm

I wish I used photo shop, I would fill this out... I can answer one off the bat...

Have you been in an argument with another player? How did you handle this?
Yes.. many times... one example below
F@%& YOU <insert name here> (Usually he who must not be named...)
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!