Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Serials

The Serials

a part of “The Serials”, a fictional universe by starshinerae.

What if you were made? What if you had everyone coming after you because you could do things others can't? That's what's happening with the Serials.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Serials”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Serials

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starshinerae on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:50 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Serials"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
When one has too many characters and ideas running around in her head, she sits down and RPs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

starshinerae
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Serials

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:41 am

Hello, hello! Just dropping by to tell you I'm working on a character and hope to be able to join your game! =D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby disney.princess. on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:03 am

Hi there! I'm Jade. I submitted an OC for your RP and would seriously like to do this RP. So check it out whenever you get a chance, ok? =]

disney.princess.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Insaniac4xc on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 am

Hey, I may have an interest in this RP. Though it seems very vague on a lot of the limits.
What was done to the serials necessarily? Like, what experiments were done to them in particular?
How far into the future is this? I mean, what kind of government would the serials be up against?
Is there anything in particular that sets the serials aside from normal people in a more obvious way that the serial code on their shoulder? I mean, that can be easily hidden.
What exactly was modified in them to make them genetically superior?
Does this mean they have super strength, speed, intellect, etc?
And if that is the case, is it only limited to increased physical performance, or are the bounds limitless, and the characters have an option of shooting fireballs out of their belly buttons? (lol)
I'm not trying to be critical, but it just seems to me that you are opening yourself up to a lot of god modding, and applications that are nowhere near complex enough.
"Greatness isn't earned or given. It's not apologetic or forgiven. It's the actions you take, to be good but not great."

Insaniac4xc
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby citylights on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 am

i will make a character for this as well, coming soon !

citylights
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Hope I can answer a few of your questions, insaniac, so we can look forward to your joining. =D

What was done to the serials necessarily? Like, what experiments were done to them in particular?

This part, obviously, I don't know, but I'm leaving this part out of my history and going with whatever information is provided during the course of play. For example, if the GM lets slip electroshock experimentation, I might bring up my own guy's experiment experiences later on, when appropriate. In other words, go with the flow, bro.

Is there anything in particular that sets the serials aside from normal people in a more obvious way that the serial code on their shoulder?

It seems that some "superhuman abilities" include having your form permanently transformed. For example, my in-dev guy's body is permanently transformed, but into an old man. Perhaps the government combined your DNA with a cobra, and your physical form has taken on a half-human, half-snake appearance.

I believe it's your DNA. One of the tags or something was "genetic engineering."

blockcoder
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi i love this rp and I have joined as well. :) I can't wait to get started on it! MY first rp in seriously a long time :D Well not that long :) IOh and thanks for the clarification blockcoder :)

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starshinerae on Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Insaniac4xc wrote:Hey, I may have an interest in this RP. Though it seems very vague on a lot of the limits.
How far into the future is this? I mean, what kind of government would the serials be up against?
Is there anything in particular that sets the serials aside from normal people in a more obvious way that the serial code on their shoulder? I mean, that can be easily hidden.
Does this mean they have super strength, speed, intellect, etc?
And if that is the case, is it only limited to increased physical performance, or are the bounds limitless, and the characters have an option of shooting fireballs out of their belly buttons? (lol)
I'm not trying to be critical, but it just seems to me that you are opening yourself up to a lot of god modding, and applications that are nowhere near complex enough.

Alright, let's see if I can answer these questions (thank you blockcoder for clearing some of these things up already)

What was done to them? Well, they each were experimented on. And I mean, on the table, their full body examined before DNA was extracted from them and scientists began to combine their DNA with other species or try to enhance it. If the scientists ever thought that the DNA was satisfactory, and would work to change the a human, they would create a clone out of that DNA. Have it grow up. But each time that went wrong. Most died. They realized that it wasn't just in the DNA, it was in the blood. So they experimented with the clone's blood (and human blood) until they had the formulas that could successfully give a person powers based on adrenaline (which just meant that each person had a set of powers specific to them, they weren't defined beforehand) After they were successfully created, they were put through tests to see how far their powers could go, which sometimes meant torture methods, and sometimes led to death.

Into the future, this is actually only about two centuries. They are facing the american government, but only a section of it, the SSH, which is led by the FBI and the CIA.

3rd question answered in my answer to the first question

They have strength, speed, intellect, and other powers, like telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, and anything else you could possibly think of. (if you've seen Heroes, well, think of that)

shooting fireballs is fine, like I said above, but out of their bellybuttons? Well... I dunno hahaha

GMing is limited by the fact that no one can land a hit without the other persons permission... so I think we're good

AND, as of now, I no longer want anymore Serials. We have plenty of those. All Serials that are applied from this point forward will be denied. Please submit SSH agents.

starshinerae
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:08 pm

I suppose I'll play the devil's advocate here, but it looks like there's more than 7 Serials. I can edit/change my character if you need people to change.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starshinerae on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

no that's fine. Since I didn't check before I had 11 people apply, I decided that it's okay to have more than just the seven (plus I really didn't have the heart to deny anyone that wanted to sign up, since I couldn't be here to check when we got the total of seven). I just want five of them to have been newly created, freshly on the run... if that makes any sense at all...

starshinerae
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Makes sense. I propose we get the order of the serials sorted out so there's no confusion about who escaped with who and when they escaped.

So far, it looks like we have:

1: Liora Maverick
2: Laurana Xaandria
4: Albert Wolfe

#4196250822 is one of the first 7.
John Icarus is one of the first 7.

??? is a friggin' mystery.

Alex Rios does not necessarily have to be one of the first 7, but he escaped with "others", so he needs to be in a batch.

Juliet Hawthorne, Tyndall Rayleigh, Fotesezen, Roy Eustace, and Seth Young seem to be wildcards.

I hope all this information is right.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starshinerae on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 pm

hm... well, hopefully they'll look here... if not, I'll PM them and tell them that they need to decide if they are one of the first 7 or of the new batch. It will be first come first serve really... it's the only way I can think to do it.

starshinerae
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby citylights on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:20 pm

ok so i submitted ab SSH agent and if he gets accepted i will make the dad one as well.

citylights
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smiley on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:40 pm

for the one submitted on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:01 pm by blockcoder, is ??? one of my characters? I remember making him. I know how to make him a bit more mysterious, and cause a bit of mischief...
Famous Last Words.

"I can do it..." "It's not poisonous..." "Let a PRO show you how it's done..." "No, no, let me get it..." "What could possibly go wrong?" "Well, at least it can't get any worse." "Of COURSE I can handle it!" "Just a little more..." "Just one more..." "How bad could it be?" "Yeah, yeah, I got it, I got it..."

Smiley
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Should I specify if I was the 3rd 5th 6th or 7th of the first batch?

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bert90 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:11 pm

I'll be the third of the batch if no one else has claimed it.

Bert90
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I'll be the 7th if no one has claimed it

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:19 pm

What are you guys talking about when you say batch?

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MgeoftheWhtBst on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:29 pm

I'll take #6 ^_^

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I edited the profile and gave her a name. It's Allison.

MgeoftheWhtBst
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm

By "batch", I meant a group of people that escaped together. I don't really know why, but I was under the impression that the first 7 escaped together. I'm not really sure if they did anymore. Clarification, GM? This is obviously an important aspect because the members of each "batch" would know each other at least a little, as well as know something of each other's abilities.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!