Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Six Nations

The Six Nations

a part of “The Six Nations”, a fictional universe by Mousie.

Closed.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Six Nations”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Six Nations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mousie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:46 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Six Nations"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Some call it madness but i just call it esctasy

The Project Of Warren High [Open]
An elite boarding school for monsters takes on a human project.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mousie
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: The Six Nations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~*~ Divergent ~*~ on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:11 pm

I don't know if this is still a work in progress, but I would like to reserve the princess of Thort, so, naturally, she would be a metal mage. I also have one question: The nation the character comes from is the one we choose, correct? For example, with my character, I chose Thort. Thanks!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~*~ Divergent ~*~
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mousie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:36 pm

It's still okay to submit and reserve characters even though I'm still tweaking it :)

Awesome- I've reserved you the princess of Thort :) not sure what you mean by your question, you choose your nation, and the roles avaliable in that nation (either a prince position or princess position) then you choose an element for that character (preferably an element most relevant to their nation)
Does that answer your question??

Mousie
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:03 pm

This looks very interesting, could I reserve an Air Mage please?
Also on that note I have a few questions:
1, Would it be possible to learn more that one element? ex. A Water Mage learning Lightning magic?
2. Since choose Air what would be the limits to what I could create, you wrote that "These mages can do anything from creating a breeze to a windy tornado (not a real tornado) etc.Those who are powerful and practiced can fly and have even managed in time to take air away from people and use air underwater." is that a set limit we/I cannot surpass or could I?
3. If I am an Air Mage can I have been born in a live in Loire or Thort for example?

There might be more question but thats all I have until know, Thanks in advance ^.^
With the Regret of Ambition in my left hand and the Regret of War in my right I beseech thee, Goddess... Lead me to a Glorious Victory!! And see before you the True Incandescent Lion!!!!

Setsugie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zinai on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey I'm quite interested, I'd like to reserve a lightning mage spot and prince of Mangolia. I hope this roleplay comes out as I hope it does! Plus, I don't really get the marry/doesn't want to marry part. Would you mind explaining it to me? Thanks!
~Zinai~
Hello fellow roleplayers. Many people call me Zinai, as it is indicated on my username. I've been roleplaying for maybe 5 years now, and pretty much spend my time on it whenever I can. I'm often busy, however I will dedicate time into a roleplay whenever I wish. Thanks! PM me if you want to co-operate on some. I would love to help or join.

Zinai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mousie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:43 pm

1: For this roleplay its not going to be possible to learn more than one element.

2: The powers of each mage are loosely described in order to give each player certain creative freedoms, so you could come up with other air related powers, however if you come up with a power that seems too strong (considering our characters are young) then i'll let you know- you should be able to judge for yourself though. I dont want people making their characters into masters of their elements.

3: Air mages are the only mages who can live in any nation, the nations that are 'ideal' are those that support air magic most.

make sure you let me know what nation you wish to be apart of :)
----------

Hi, I'll reserve the prince of mangolia spot for you. We'll need to work together a little on our profiles as we will be siblings.
how would you like the RP to go then?

Im not sure what you mean by the question?

The council will threaten the future heirs with arranged marriages unless they prove the nations can co-exist in peace and unity again.
the marriages are not set in stone so there wont be immediant pairings.

if you are refering to the character skeleton where it asks to state the person you'd most like and least like to marry- this is purely for an inside look on your characters tastes and does not need to be filled in until all characters are submitted and some character interaction have taken place.

okay?? :)

Mousie
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mousie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:58 pm

im getting ready to go bed now so dont get offended if i dont reply beyond this point.
Any new comers can reserve their spots, leave any questions here and begin creating their characters.

Please remember to communicate with those sharing your nation- You'll be siblings after all! Make sure you finish your character profiles to a high standard.

Mousie
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~*~ Divergent ~*~ on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Okay, and yes that did answer my question. Thanks! :) I'll start on my character sheet then!

EDIT: Do we use Anime, Face Claims, or normal people for our images?

~*~ Divergent ~*~
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ApocalypticGirl on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:21 pm

I would like to reserve one of the princesses of Loire... if that's okay?

ApocalypticGirl
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:44 pm

I'd like to reserve the prince of Galena.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zinai on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Thank you for the reservation, and I'd like you to forget that. Thanks for the help too, and I hope the roleplay comes out great! You'll have to either pm me or private msg me whenever I'm online to co-operate, but that'll be fine, I'm pretty active anyways. I look forward to working together!

Zinai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mousie on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:14 am

Id prefer digital or anime for the RP if possible. I havent looked at the profiles yet so if anyone has used RL images i do apologise.

Its oaky to submit a work in progress as i have done it myself but its important it is completed shortly after.

Mousie
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~*~ Divergent ~*~ on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Okay, I have submitted my character!

~*~ Divergent ~*~
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Canuck on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi, just wondering if I could reserve a spot as one of the Haile Princes.

Also sending in a work in progress CS to that effect, It's somewhat barren at this point, but it's 3:30 in the afternoon, I go to work in about five hours and my brain is starting to fail me from lack of sleep. So that'll have to be finished when I get back.

And, yes, the bio is both not done, and currently taking up half the page. This is because I've never written one in first person before and for some reason, I'm having a stupid amount of fun doing it.

Edit: Orrr, I could just accidentally delete the whole damned thing in my zombie-like state and be filled with naught but emptiness and sorrow.

Crap.

Mr. Canuck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mousie on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:42 pm

You wolly!! I've deleted my stuff before and it has left me in a similar state.

I'll reserve the spot for you though and eagerly await your second attempt :D

Mousie
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm

So, after the new rper gets his CS in are we going to start?

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mousie on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:07 pm

Yes, the other spaces will have to be NPC :/ bit frustrating.

Mousie
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~*~ Divergent ~*~ on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 pm

That's depressing. :(

EDIT: What about the others who reserved characters?

Maybe would could cut it down to one person per nation so that we have one for every one. Well, I'm not sure if that would work, but it's just an idea....

~*~ Divergent ~*~
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Attie on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi.

In a way, I'm new to the site (I was gone for a long time) / still learning the way it runs and what is common procedure when a game catches my eye. For example, I like the front page of this one. If I was interesting in applying to join, would I just simply make a character, or post here that I am interested first, or do I PM the game master? (Or all of the above?) I ask because I do not wish to be rude or too assertive.

If any person could help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I am sorry if I have posted this in the incorrect location and for any inconvenience following.

-Attie

Attie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Hey Attie, welcome back. This site it super duper easy to navigate and hasn't change much since you have been gone. Make sure you read every thing on the GM's front page, especially the rules. Always mention in the OOC section that you would like to be part of the roleplay, even if it is not specified on the GM's front page. You've already specified that you would like to play, so look at the open characters and ask to reserve a spot. The GM can specify how long you have the spot reserved for, but it is always polite to finish the day you reserve or the day after. Good luck with getting back into the rping game. It is one of the most constructive and creative things that you can possibly do with your playtime.

Now for some META tips. Generally you don't want to join an RP made by anyone who has been on the site less than three to six months. It will almost always crash and burn. Obviously there are plentiful exceptions especially when the RP is incredibly well planned or written.
It isn't about YOU, it is about US.
Your character should be creative, meaningful, and at least somewhat original. I personally find the Character Sheets meaningless considering the fact that it hardly reflects your skills in creating a story or world, but they can be fun to create. The writing is the most important thing, try your best at that, and be ready to compromise and except when things don't go your way. If you want to write a story the way YOU want to, don't bother. I know you've rped before, but even ANCIENT rper's forget this rule at times.
If you have any other questions, ask away, and given Mousie's time on the site Mousie probably has some fine tips too.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!