Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Society of Truth

The Society of Truth

a part of “The Society of Truth”, a fictional universe by Rarikou.

Eight people break free of a brainwashing that holds the entire world sway.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Society of Truth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Society of Truth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:02 am

"The Society of Truth"

Hello and Welcome All.

DO have fun while on here, and post any questions, comments, concerns, anything at all. I stand for the masses. And boy, do I have massive ideas for this Rp, so dont hesitate with your own
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: [OOC] The Society of Truth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:25 am

Oooh ooh this looks interesting :D

I do have a question or two though. You said,

4. As for beginning supplies: This is when stealing from a Walmart comes in handy. We start with NOTHING, save a nice, un cozy house. To get any supplies, we will either have to attack some weapon maniac, of steal from a store. Both of these have their negative effects. Stealing from a store without a mask will paint a giant signal on your back, so plan carefully.

Well, is it possible to not run, but carry on as normal? I'm assuming the Society don't waste resources much on people who still seem brainwashed. So you carry on with your 9-to-5, observing, then head to the nearby building later so as not to cause remark? That way at least one member could buy in supplies legally for the others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:31 am

That is certinaly possible. Probable, one could say. How you accquire/ use anything is up to you as an idivuidual, as well as as a team. I think that would be a decent idea personally. If anything is possible, you can do it. I like silent approaches like that, but it will get harder as wwe go on, when The Society realizes that something is amiss.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 am

I am interested too, but have few questions. I couldn't find in your explanation the age rate here. Also, how long has this Society been controling the planet?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 am

This piqued my interest, as well. I'd like to reserve one of the females. I'll have the sheet up later.
don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.

Reianna
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:38 am

Oh I wanted to reserve one of the females too.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:25 am

Applied with a female character. Adding to the questions, what changes are there to society under the Society of Truth (as opposed to normal 21st century society as we know it now)? Obviously world unification and communal prayer to the God of the Society. Is the world different economically (e.g. all capitalist, all communist, something else?), environmentally (still burning fossil fuels or no?) and socially (do you still get to go swimming or to the Super Bowl or whatever, or is it only communal prayer to the Great Leader now?) Have there been any technological advances that everyone knows about?

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:38 am

Wow! Can I reserve a male character?

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 pm

sorry everyone, I had fallen asleep. I had pushed my limits to get the RP out late at night.

Zodia- I wasn't too picky on the Age Range, so Anyway between 17-25 would do perfectly
Sparkle- The closest I can think of is Communist. Everyone gets the same amount of pay, and the same benefits. Most can keep the job that they had before they became brainwashed, except those that resisted, in witch case, they got the... lesser jobs of society. Most of the women became homeworkers, or servants in the white house.

As for technology, Most of it is exactly the same. It will be later revealed that The Society is working on a special sattelitte... but what it does, I'm not telling.

Society is a little different.... you can still do all the activities you could while brainwashed, EXCEPT for ocmpetitive sports like football or soccer. This is to promote unity, and thousands of fans fighting over which team is the best is certinaly NOT united. Things like swimming are still around.

Eviromentally, people are slowly making the change to eliminate fossil fuels, but even THAT is proving to be a challenge. The Society is doing their best to create materials that would replace them, but they need to create the technology for it..

Hmmm.... for the prayer business, I'll just say it's sort of like How the Islamic pray towards Mecca (sorry If I got the religion wrong... Im not the most religion-savvy) At every 8 oclock, they get on our knees, put their hands to their hearts and say, 'Glory to the Beauty and Grace of our God, May He shine forever." Three times, and then get back up and continue with their daily lives.

Edit: Sure Thin Annaky

Edit #2: I accepted Everyone's Characters, and I was really impressed with yours , Sparkle, really well thought out. Both of you clear and approved.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Yeah, Sparkle's char is awesome. Just out of curiousity, which year is this? Does this Society have "High ranking" members, you know like founders?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanick on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Reserve a Male slot for me please :) I will have a character up in approx 24 hours

Sanick
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanick on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Please reserve a male Slot for me. I shoulpd have a character up within the next 24 hours

Sanick
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cloud9titan on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:34 pm

hey i'd love to reserve a male spot please! i'll have the sheet done by tonight or tomorrow morning

cloud9titan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Sanick/ cloud9titan: Sure thing

Zodia: Oh dear, I didn't answer that question of yours earlier. Sorry 'bout that. The Society has held sway for 4 years now, witch would place everything at 2015.

I had been working on a Hierachy Chart, But It goes Something like this:

The Leader/ God

-------- Founder----- -------Founder------ -------- Founder------- (They helped found it and they are basically the voice of the leader)
----HM-- - --HM--- ---HM--- HM--- ----HM---- ---HM--- (Handmadiens, Trusted Servants, Go Betweens, Preachers, ETC)

There are a couple other tiers, such as people who work only for brainwashing people, people who only oversee the business... kind of like ... Vice President in charge of (insert division here) Consider it the Presidental Cabinet of the Society. They don't get together too often, thanks to the magic of video chatting.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Michaelis_xXx_Elly on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:10 pm

May I reserve female 3? ^^
#Find out who Exo is immediately

Michaelis_xXx_Elly
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:14 pm

I submitted a character! I hope he's okay :/ I rather like his hair though o3o
EDIT: Michaelis!!!

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rhyme on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Eeeer. Jeez. I think I'd like a female, please?

Oh. Pfft. I did not see that it was full. Ignore this :3
Last edited by Rhyme on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhyme
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:40 pm

So, I was thinking of making my character work in the medical field. But seeing as she young, it would have to be something that didn't require a medical degree; like an EMT. But would there be EMTs? I mean, there wouldn't be much violence anymore (at least, I don't think so). But there's gotta be car accidents, heart attacks, bad falls..etc. Right?

Reianna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Ohh, I love Ace. Annaky you make great chars.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:10 pm

I'll take the last female spot! :D
~ The North Remembers ~

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!