Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Storyteller's Divine Comedy

The Storyteller's Divine Comedy

a part of “The Storyteller's Divine Comedy”, a fictional universe by CrimsonLoser.

Once upon a time, a man with nothing to lose and everything to gain, took the tales of old and threw them all into one glorious mess. This resulting in an instability of the world and only the Storyteller himself can right this wrong.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Storyteller's Divine Comedy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Storyteller's Divine Comedy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:49 pm

"The Storyteller's Divine Comedy"

The Story Teller, being the bored soul that he is, has combined classic fairy tale stories together to create chaos in his newly created world. What he has planned, I'm not even sure he has the faintest idea, but by the sound of it, it can not be good for the characters of the stories. So, here, plan and converse with others for whatever purposes, either to plan or to throw out ideas or to receive feed back. Just don't let the Story Teller hear you.>,^
If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces
Never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Storyteller's Divine Comedy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm

What characters are there, exactly? The characters from storybooks? (i.e, Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella, etc?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Yea, classic fairy tales stories, but I want a darker sense in it. Like they have been ripped away from the innocence and such that they have grown comfortable in their stories, and are now seeing something truly evil for the first time that seem like they can never return back to the way they once were.

If that makes sense to you.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Yeah, it makes sense. I'm not sure if I want to join this as of yet, but I'll keep a watch on it ^^ Sorry

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Okay, at least you were kind enough to express interest, hope to see you in the future though.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lullyn on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi, I'm interested in joining, it sounds like a very interesting idea. Which characters are already taken? ^_^
"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you look, when considering violence?"

“Now...if you trust in yourself...and believe in your dreams...and follow your star...you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”

“They always gives me bath salts. And bath soap and bubble bath and herbal bath lumps and tons of bath stuff and I can’t think why, ‘cos it’s not as if I hardly ever has a bath. You’d think they’d take the hint, wouldn’t you?”

Lullyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabled_Tales on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Do they have to be story book characters? Like named characters? Also, what races would be allowed? I'm interested, asking questions to help formulate an idea.
18+ Freeform roleplay about heaven, hell, and the supernatural between http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=46642&date=1321123164
We could use quite a few people, come check us out!

Fabled_Tales
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Um, this is my first role play on this site, so I'm going to be pretty lenient. They can be based off of story book characters or the exact characters, it doesn't matter to me as long as you make it seem like they are from a story. And any race can be good as long as my follow my rules, they must have limits, nothing God like. And Red Riding Hood is already taken, first come first served.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lullyn on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Okay, going to obviously see what I can get away with. I'm not being cheeky, but I just need to know. Say you take on a classic character, i.e. Sleeping Beauty - could be a good fighter but with serious Narcolepsy. Is that allowed or would you like them to be more strict to the storyline.

Lullyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:58 pm

That I would allow, just to see what would happen. In mid punch, she falls asleep. I find that to be the perfect character for this role play, this is twisting the characters in new ways and that example is something perfect!

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lullyn on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Then I'll take SB - sleeping beauty. should be a lark!

Lullyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Oooh, this looks promising! Let me just think of a character...

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 pm

This looks refreshing! Paul Bunyan is more of a folk tale than a fairy tale, but do you think he would still be an appropriate character for me to use?

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:17 pm

I think I've got mine: What about Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk as a kleptomaniac? ^^

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lullyn on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Lol. that would be brilliant

Lullyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabled_Tales on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:24 pm

ok, how about the beast from beauty and the beast only he's a were-something (I'm sorry, I just can't do werewolf, so sick of werewolves and vampires lol)

Fabled_Tales
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lullyn on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Were-beast? Or were you thinking or something comedic like a "were-rabbit"?

Has anyone ever seen American McGees Alice? Because this kind of reminds me of playing that.

Lullyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadeYuka on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Could someone play a custom built character? (IE: A character whose not from any story/fairy tale?)

ShadeYuka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Paul Bunyon would be good, if you could add some sort of odd quirk or something to him.

And I'm like that Jake idea, clever.xD

A Were-Beast would be better than any werewolf, he could be a mix of a bunch of animals.

I love American MeGees Alice, but, I could say, that was something of an inspiration. Though I haven't played that game in years.

And custom built characters are fine, as long as you can make is seem like they are from a fairy tale story.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabled_Tales on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Ok, I'm working on the beast from beauty and beast, I'm kind of drained so will have it up sometime tomorrow.

Fabled_Tales
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!