Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Storyteller's Divine Comedy

The Storyteller's Divine Comedy

a part of “The Storyteller's Divine Comedy”, a fictional universe by CrimsonLoser.

Once upon a time, a man with nothing to lose and everything to gain, took the tales of old and threw them all into one glorious mess. This resulting in an instability of the world and only the Storyteller himself can right this wrong.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Storyteller's Divine Comedy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Storyteller's Divine Comedy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:07 pm

I am very interested in this.

The roleplay really sort of reminds me of that comic Fables, which is one of my favorite reads.

Anyway, I have a question before I submit a character, would Don Quixote be alright? I wouldn't necesarilly call the story a fairy tale, but Don's personality certainly fits in one...
'When you're finally in my arms, look up and see..
Love Has A Face'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lullyn on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:56 am

I haven't played it for ages, but I kept thinking of Alice, but when I told someone, they said that would be too boring. hehe.
"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you look, when considering violence?"

“Now...if you trust in yourself...and believe in your dreams...and follow your star...you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”

“They always gives me bath salts. And bath soap and bubble bath and herbal bath lumps and tons of bath stuff and I can’t think why, ‘cos it’s not as if I hardly ever has a bath. You’d think they’d take the hint, wouldn’t you?”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lullyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:36 am

Don Quixote was the Spainard that thought windmills were giants?

And Alice would be okay, if you can add something new to her.
If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces
Never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabled_Tales on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:39 am

Will post today or tomorrow, having a hard time focusing on anything today for some reason.
18+ Freeform roleplay about heaven, hell, and the supernatural between http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=46642&date=1321123164
We could use quite a few people, come check us out!

Fabled_Tales
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:41 pm

The character I've posted is a sort of devil/vampire type thing. She is a 'stealer' of souls through (blood) contracts. She grants any wish at all (beware loopholes!) for a price... :D Hopefully this will all work out to be a great RP, I have faith that it will though with all these characters.
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I noticed, she is interesting, it's why I approved her. I can't wait to see how she interacts with the others.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Why thankye! Glad to be on board, mon Capitan!

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm going to have the Story Teller be confused by her as she is not from the pile of books that he mashed together, i.e. not a classic story character. Only to realize that he accidentily tore in a page from a demonology book.xD I think it will be funny as he tries to figure out where she came from.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:27 pm

I like that! Especially because it saves me from thinking up a story where she would fit! I thought I'd have to end up likening her to Rumplestiltskin or something! Thank you muchly!

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Yea, I figured I would help with that, cause I couldn't think of a story with demon in it too. I'm glad you like it, that or she could be a twisted version of a genie? With the wishing thing she has.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Either is fine with me, you may pick if you wish to...

Though I'm going to need someone to wish something, either that or I could just 'enter' a character of no real importance that would just be a catalyst for my character to do things. Have his wish be something long lasting like revenge or something, have him say 'I wish that you would protect and serve me until I get my revenge on these people,' something like that, yes?

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 pm

It's your character, I'm just talking out loud. I'm not the one playing her, you are so you get to choose.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:58 pm

I think that I'll go with that unimportant character as a go-between/catalyst, do I need to make another character sheet or am I fine without it? I can always put a link to a pic of him in the post anyway if you would like (planning on doing this anyway without a special request).

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm sure that someone will be willing to play with you and if not, I'll make another charcter, perment or not, for you.

You can do whatever you think is the easiest. The full character sheet or not but I'm sure someone will play along with it.

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Muchas gracias! I don't mind doing it but it wouldn't be nearly as detailed as mine is for Andromede if you would rather not write it up, though if you do make that character and play double you could always influence the story from another angle, maybe have the Storyteller make up his own character so that his own 'revisions' aren't so noticeable to the 'characters' in the story we're playing out. Might be easier to create a puppet of sorts that the Storyteller can control completely without complaints of god-modding (even though you are Gm and all that fancy shtuff). Dunno, just an idea for a bigger reason to actually make a character.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm a loving the ideas that are flowing... The puppet with a soul... Pinocchio type of character... >:} Oh the fun if he lies. xD But what could his wish be? Freedom or to be his own person?

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Last edited by BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrimsonLoser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Oh, so many to choose from for only one character. Okay, are you going to play the puppet?

CrimsonLoser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Sure, if you want. We could also play it jointly- especially if you have something going on/planned that you don't want any of the other characters to know about yet. (By the by, I favor #s 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 the most)

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maybe? on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:16 pm

i like 2 the best.
there nothing to fear but fear itself. Bet you won't be saying that....

when you wake up from your nap and there is a graint spider on you freaken face!

Maybe?
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!