Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Vyshe Academia

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

The Vyshe Academia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Welcome to The Vyshe Academia Roleplay, designed specifically for those who are still new to roleplay and would like to play with guidance and tutelage.

IC Thread can be found here.

The goal of this particular roleplay is to allow those of our community who are perhaps new to roleplay, maybe just new to writing, or who want simply to brush up on their skills, to get involved in something active where there is no pressure to get everything perfect. However, the major difference is, and the reason this has been placed in the Role Play Academy forum, is that you will be receiving constant guidance, assistance and pointers.
This will allow you to not only play out a roleplay, but also learn at the same time, which is, of course, a win-win situation. There will be various challenges given along the way, some may be In Character challenges, to push your characters, or maybe more Out Of Character challenges to push you, as a roleplayer and writer. These may or may not be regular, and may even be more longer term challenges.
As for the roleplay itself, I intend it to be an ongoing roleplay, so that people can jump in and take part at any point in the story. Summaries of events will be placed at every third page, to allow easier 'jumping in' for new players - these summaries will be mainly completed by myself.
In terms of feedback to help you improve, I will likely do public 'lectures' so to speak, that will generally link in with the challenge of that particular time, or I will PM you, or speak with you in chat, if you happen to frequent it.

The world of Illiakan is a vast continental civilisation that has, for the past several thousand years, been in a state of complete turmoil. Wars between the four major nations ensue endlessly, raids between the borders mean villages and farms are constantly guarded by soldiers. Larger battles take place on vast plains, resulting in many deaths, hundreds, sometimes thousands at a time perish due to the lusts of those in power. And, in some places, wars even are waged within nations themselves, as various Lords and Barons vie for power and dominion where it is absent.
Yet, the wars of the nations are far from the only evil that wreak havoc, fear and chaos upon the world. Mother Nature herself seems also to find pleasure in punishing the peoples of Illiakan; perhaps it is their actions that dictate her choices, or some force of fate that must come to pass. Shattering earthquakes, destructive floods, erupting volcanoes, landslides, unnatural weather, the whole world, it seems it waging war on its inhabitants.
This is indeed a time where fear lives vibrant and clear in the hearts and souls of the sane. However, hidden somewhere deep in a dark, slightly damp library, a shimmer of hope is soon to be revealed. A Legend long since forgotten, a power lost even in the telling of myths, a cure for the chaos that threatens to completely destroy Illiakan. That Legend is The Vyshe Academia.
Nine books, it was said, indestructible, created before time itself, powerful, hold within them the spirits of Order and Peace. Gathering all nine of these Academia, so says the Legend, will unleash a force potent enough to cure the ills of the world. Their locations are unknown, those pages of the Legend lost to time and decay, but a single paragraph, half lost to translation after translation reads, with a shining and hopeful song:

Legend of The Vyshe Academia wrote:When needed most, when all hope seems lost, all races fearing extinction, The Academia will be brought forth of Their own accord, by the simple necessity of continuation, and so shall these Academia call upon Heroes both Mighty and Weak and those Heroes will bring to the world once more...

Incomplete, yes, but a bringer of hope regardless. The learned, the scholars, those who keep their noses firmly within ancient texts, they smile now, where all others wail and weep. And ever are their scouts travelling, searching for signs of the mentioned Heroes; in what is, perhaps, a vain hope for salvation.

Only time will show the Legend for true or not. Time that, it would seem, is running short.

NATIONS OF ILLIAKAN

Niran: Situated at the far west of the continent, Niran is home to Sea Farers, a Guild of shipmen who are vital to trade thoughout Illiakan, or rather, what little trade that exists. Niran rests against the Jentith Ocean, and, although the smallest nation, also includes the Kimellan Islands, a group of six city sized islands close together that are about a day and a half out to sea from the capital, and port, city of Belian. Ruled by Queen Firgese, Niran is the least war-like of the four nations, it does not actively engage in war, but will vehemently protect its territory and makes aggressive attempts to forge Trade Treaties that hugely favour themselves. Doubtlessly, they are the richest of the four nations.

Jielon: Covering the heavy mountain ranges that span the entire northern borders and a third of the eastern is the nation of Jielon. Living in the mountains, they seem intrinsically skilled in siege warfare, and have slowly been making their presence know, in recent years, along the entire southern border of their lands. Miners by nature, they are the least attacked, mainly due to the fact that trying to attack mountain fortresses is widely acknowledged as folly. Constructed of six tribes, Jielon maintains a strong, yet constantly unsure, internal peace, each tribe trading minerals and jewels one with another.

Kabron: Lying to the south, covering half of the Errian Plains and drifting into the desert to the south and east rests the unsettled Nation of Kabron. For two hundred years, now, since the death of the last King, the various, near innumerable Lord, Barons, Dukes, and occasional ex-Royal Guard Generals, have been battling between themselves for the throne of the childless King. The general populace of Kabron suffers due to this struggle for power, and lives in a state of squalor and deprivation whilst also falling foul of the other nations' attacks. What none of the factions realise is that year by year, the land they want power over is growing smaller as the other nations stake their claims. They also fail to notice, it seems, that Kabron is the poorest of the four nations.

Hirnla: Covering the rest of the continent is the largest nation, Hirnla. Under constant attack from three fronts, they are only too pleased Kabron is in a state of Civil War. Despite having the largest army, Hirnla is too occupied with defending its own territory to make attempts at expansion. Internally, however, they are perhaps the most peaceful, being run by a populace-elected government that treats its people well. Along the borders, farms and villages are protected by entire legions of soldiers, but further into the land of Hirnla, the people are almost entirely ignorant of the war. It is also in the capital of Hirnla, Keraan, that the greatest libraries are located. Most notably, the Dimjent Institute, whose scholars discovered the Legend of The Vyshe Academia.

As an aside, should anyone wish to create a map of Illiakan, please feel free to do so and let me take a look before it is posted. PM me if you need further details.

In terms of characters, I will be rather flexible here. You can play any sort of character you like, in terms of status, except for leaders of factions/clans/nations - you won't be allowed to play those characters, no one will be.
Also, I WILL be placing some limitation on races. As you have probably gathered, this is very much a generic Fantasy style RP, and such, I will be limiting the available races to the 'generic' Fantasy ones:

*Humans
*Elves - I will allow both High and Wood Elves
*Dwarves
*Halflings
*Goblins
*Treemen

All races in Illiakan are pretty evenly spread, the chaos of the past millennia having broken any boundaries developed by race.

Now, also, I think that classes and abilities should be talked about. I don't want this game to turn into a power-crazy festival of "Who has the strongest character?" as this RP is designed to help develop writing and story telling (roleplaying) abilities, not combative superiority. As such, most classes are allowed, save for Paladin and anything High Mage or above, and all equivalents those two entail. Magic, though allowed, will be limited to a low-to-mid-Fantasy level, as will all other abilities. So, basically, no uber powered ultimate warriors and sorcerers.

Character sheets, character sheets, character sheets... I see far too much demand and requirement for character sheets/profiles. Don't fret, none of that is needed here. If you WANT to post a character profile because that is how you make your characters, fine, do so. If you want help in making a character, I will probably get you to write a character sheet, as it is a nice way to logically get everything in mental order for yourself. If you don't fancy making one, don't need to, or simply can't stand making them, no one is going to force you to do so. That decision is entirely your own.

This is perhaps the part where you all groan and moan. However, just consider that this RP isn't designed to restrict you, but make you better. As such, the guidelines will only serve that purpose, and I will attempt to keep any restrictions, if indeed there are, at a bare minimum.

Alright, let's start with posting. And here comes the first lesson, as it were:

A post should do at least one, ideally all, of the following things:

1: Reveal your character.
2: Elaborate on the environment.
3: Move the plot forwards.

They are listed in no particular order, but link into my first regulation for the RP: ALL posts should consist of at least three paragraphs. The above points should be able to help you achieve this. There will be subsequent posts, likely before the RP starts, explaining each one in a little more detail, so you should be entirely capable of achieving this quota.

Also, all posts are to be spell checked before being posted. I would recommend for a multitude of reasons, Mozilla's Firefox Web Brower, but, most pertinently, because it has a built in spell checker, so will check your posts as you type them up on the site. If this, for whatever reason, isn't possible for you, please run your post through Microsoft Word as a spell checking stage.
'Speed posting' is strictly forbidden. I will allow no more than this example:

-=Player A posts=-
-=Player B posts=-
-=Player A posts=-

At that point, a 'Player C' must be allowed to post. However, do not worry... For at Roleplay Gateway we have a solution. More specifically, if you need to engage in more conversational exchanges that would seem to require 'speed posting', we have our own chat right here where you can conduct your conversations. these conversations will need to be converted into a more 'forum-friendly' format. If you need help with that, I will be more than willing to assist you. I am near constantly on the chat, under the name Lord`Saladin. (Occasionally, however, I do sleep, so do be patient and keep logs of your chat RP so we can work on it.)
Please also note that, in the IC thread, no signatures are to be attached. You can prevent your signature being attached by the tick box below the text input section when writing a new reply.

General RP rules apply: No God Modding, no Meta-Gaming, etc etc. I'm pretty sure you all already know this, but, again, subsequent posts will be made to elaborate a little, so as to reduce any possible confusion.

Now, I will be heavily Games Mastering this RP, which will mean I am going to be monitoring it, as well as taking part, of course ^_^, and will ensure that plot-lines, characters, engagements etc etc, keep within reasonable limits and cohesiveness for the game and other players.

And, for now, I think that is all I need to mention. If I find that, in my old age, something HAS been forgotten, I will make amendments clearly visible for those who have already read this post.

Oh! How silly am I?! I forgot the most important thing about this game:

Have fun! Don't be daunted by all the info, seriously, structure will just ensure things go smoothly is all. Seriously, though, jump in and have fun... That is one of the best ways to improve as it is. I look forward to seeing all you budding RPers in Illiakan. ^_^

((The IC thread will be posted once we have two to four players on board, just so you all know. Please post here if you want to join, so we can keep a record of those signed up.))
Last edited by LordSaladin on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Re: The Vyshe Academia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:25 pm

I would love to join! Seems like an exciting opportunity to learn, have fun, and be taught. Just...don't be so harsh I burst into tears. ^_~
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:31 pm

You? Cry? I somehow doubt that. The only tears you have are from your pseudo fan-girl-dom. ;)

Glad to have you on board, it should be a real blast. I know I'm looking forward to it.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Psha, I cry because you refuse to accept me!! I LOVE YOU- Not really... >_>

Anyway, here's a rough draft of a character profile, tell me what's wrong, or if I need to change it.

Name: First: Amy Last: Unknown
Race:Human.
Land:Kabron.
Family:
Mother/ Deceased Father/ Killed in a war.
Brother/ NA Sister (s) : One dead, the other a mere child of three who lives with a couple in exhange for work from Amy.

History:( When Amy was 17) At first they were happy, it was a time of..peace, if it could be called that. They were unnoticed, the father, mother, and three daughters. Yet, as all good things tend to do, it came to an end. The second oldest child ( about 12 years old) and the mother fell ill, for a cold, or some sort of sickness swept through the land of Kabron. It was tragic, just another thing mother nature did, causing many people to die, and it took Lilly Ann(Amy's sister), and Amy's mother with her. Even then it wasn't that bad, they were used to tragedy, the earth was in chaos, it was a fight to stay alive. Yet..The ever fighting barons and dukes trying to control a dwindling population and territory got into another fight and, being a reasonably healthy male, Amy's father was taken to the war and killed. So, after a couple of months doing odd jobs, anything anyone needed for food, and shelter for her little sister, she finally took a permanent, or as permanent is she could get, job at an old wood workers place. She helped run and her sister got a good home, food to eat, even if sometimes Amy went hungry.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon on Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:26 pm

Yay! More tutelage from Lord`Saladin himself. I can't wait. x] I'll play the generic teen who aims to be the hero of the story. Seems to me it's the best thing for me to build up on ^_^ on to the character sheet...

Name: Seth "Redz" Akuroth
Appearance: A young lad of average build, though, leaning a little more over to the muscular side. He stands to be 6'0, and weigh in at 155 lbs. He has a head of crimson, and scarlet eyes to match, which is where his self proclaimed nickname "Redz" comes from.

I'll make a bio if it is needed, though otherwise, i really don't want to make one.

Dragon
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Missing out on an opportunity such as this would make me an idiot. I'm in! Await my characters' skeleton, please.

KyojoKen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talhos on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:43 pm

I'm in! Give me some time to read though. I'll post a character sheet within my first post

Talhos
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rythoka on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:55 pm

I would LOVE to join a Real Roleplay.... So, Yeah, I'll join...

Name:Rythoka
Race: High Elf
Land: Hirlna
Height/Weight: 6'3"/150lb
Description: Tall, quiet, and interesting, Rythoka is a magical assassin by all means. He has black hair and gray eyes. He is fair skinned. He is very cunning and intelligent.
COUNT ME IN

Rythoka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby naruto13 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 am

Name: Rimedur stadnent
Height: 6,1
Weight: 250 pounds
Race: wood elf

Description:
He has the eye color of sapphires. His hair is of a raven color. He is muscular, tall. His clothes are of an archer of green and black they are. He is far skinned. He is a very rich elf. His father and mother are home buildings they make a lot of money from the king for that.

Because he always has something for them to build. Either a castle or a storing place for weapons. He wears blue earrings to match his eyes. He wears shirts that show his muscles and he wears a green cape with a hood on his clothing) he has very strong hands. Average sized fingers.

He is a very built character in the chest. He walks as any human or another elf would walk. He has a gold ring on his finger. He has a shirt his cape and has brown boots. He no facial hair. A completely clear face.

Parents:
Mother: Aeariel stadnent-alive
Father: Damien stadnent –alive

Personality:
He is a kindhearted man that takes it on to him self to protect all he can. He is very hospitapel. He never turns down a man or women in need. He is into religion. The religion is unknown. He is a nice guy to have a conversion with he is never rude. He treats everyone equal. He does not mistreat people. The nicest man you will ever know.

The thing is when he gets mad it is hard for him to be nice but he has never killed anyone just injures people. But later he apologies for losing his hold on his anger. He holds no grudges. He has friends of all kinds.

From other elves to orcs and even dragons because he can speak dragon he learned it from his father. He makes amends with people all the time. He helps solve conflicts creatures and others have by his amazing skills of conflict resolution.

Abilities:
He can talk to dragons. He can shoot a bow an arrow precisely accurately. He can run at the fast speeds. He is great at hiding himself from a dangerous foe. He has intelligent mind he figures out the most difficult situations. He has good coping skills. He can hear extremely well. He is quite strong. A great swimmer as well.

Disadvantages:
He cannot communicate with every species. He is not the best with fighting while children are present. (Because he does not want kids to be violent). He can be to kind. He cannot control his emotions well while he is angry or any kind of emotion. (Which might lead to his death.)

here is the character profile. please add me to the rpg. i would enjoy it. and tell me what i can improve on. contact me soon OK thanks
Last edited by naruto13 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

naruto13
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hughes on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:09 am

Well, I'm in! This RP has been Hughesified.

I also sent you a PM of a map of the lands. I know I said this, but I can't stress it enough. THAT IS NOT THE FINAL COPY!!!!! Please don't show that to the public. I would be overcome by immense sadness.

Dume Al'ehinu

Aliases (if any): Kajh Karet. It's rare that he ever goes by Kajh, but it's there.
Race: Human
Skin Tone: Tan
Height: 6'2
Weight: 150 Lbs
Build: He's fairly muscular, built from years in the forge.
Eyes: Deep Blue
Hair: Pitch black, falls just over his ears.
Clothes: Wears a good pair of trousers, and goes barefoot. Wears a plain black shirt.
Appearance: Dume's facial features are fairly unusual. His eyes seem a bit sunken into his head. He has a decent smile, at least in his own opinion.

Weapons: Dume uses two curved blades for his weapons, keeping them hung in scabbards at his side.
Nationality: Is technically from Niran, but drifts around a lot, enjoying the lifestyle of a nomad. All his friends and family live in Niran's capitol.

Occupation: Mercenary, Assassin, Thief, Bard, Gambler... really just whatever he has to do to get by, or whatever interests him at the time.
Special Abilities/Skills: He is an excellent Flutist and of the few possessions he always carries with him from place to place, the flute and it's case are always among them.
Hobbies: Dicing, Fighting. He has pretty odd ideas about 'Fun' and likes to keep things inconsistent.
Interests: Dume is exceptionally greedy. Not in the way that he can bribed to do anything, not at all, but he always strives for more money.
Personality: Dume is wild and independent. He likes to have fun, and he always tries to have fun in everything he does.

I don't want to put in a bio.... Guaranteed it'll come up in-game

Hughes
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

The Purpose of a Roleplay Post

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:46 am

Welcome aboard, guys, good to have you. I'll be looking forward to working with you all. I also know a few more people have stated they will be joining, but no posts have been made by them as yet.

And, as such, I will be putting up the IC thread tomorrow morning. It is currently 0427 where I am, and so I need to sleep. However, I did promise I would elaborate on the three primary purposes of an RP post today, so here it comes...

The summary again, is below, and we will then look at each on in turn:

1: Reveal your character.
2: Elaborate on the environment.
3: Move the plot forwards.

1: Each of your posts should reveal some aspect of your character. Whether it be their thoughts, personality, appearance, attire. Any revelation of developing traits or quirks, or maybe traits and quirks regressing and becoming less and less prominent.
One mistake often made is revealing every little aspect of your character in the first post. What are you going to write about afterwards? And introduction post should be just that; an introduction to your character... Allowing the reader to know that your character exists. Subsequent posts can be used to reveal further aspects of your character.

2: The environment is an essential aspect to any RP, and is constantly changing, it should be alive. The sun moves in the sky, for example, so if you have two characters sat in the sun, a few posts (an hour or so In Character time) later, they may well be sat in shade. Make mention of this fact. A person in a bar shifts off their chair to go to the bathroom, perhaps mention that. It is important to maintain a 'real' feel to the environment.
Also, atmosphere is an important part of the environment... Does going into the next dungeon hall, for example, mean a deathly silence that weighs heavy on the party?
The environment is the world your readers are drawn into. If a city was made entire of still backdrops in a movie, with the main actors the only things moving, it wouldn't be watched by many people.

3: Each of your posts should move the plot forward in some way. What methods can be used to do this? Perhaps the easiest ways are through 'Prompts' and 'Reactions'. Examples of each:

A Prompt wrote:As John Smith opened the door he looked to the man he'd been conversing with, cocking his head to indicate the other should follow him.

A Reaction wrote:Dave Johnson noticed the strange fellow who had been sat to him not long ago make some sort of signal to follow. Taking his drink as he stood, Dave made his way towards the door.

Rudimentary, blatantly obvious examples, I agree, but they serve the purpose of demonstration in this case.

Also, a major aspect to consider when thinking of plot development is time. Should a single post cover a minute, a day, a week? It should cover as much as is pertinent. For example: Your party of wonderful heroes spends a day on horseback. There is no need AT ALL, to post every mile. But, also, do you perhaps need to have a post where your party breaks for lunch? To give opportunity to portray the discomfort, complaints, etc etc. Or, do you simply wait until they make camp in the evening? The choice is your own, of course, but is something to consider.

Now, hopefully, that should clear things up for you, and with the pointers in here, you should be able to easily manage three paragraphs per post... Even if you dedicate a single paragraph to each of the three aims.

A few questions have been raised in regards to several points, so I will be making attempts to clarify any confusion now.

Races
*The only races allowed are those listed; the generic fantasy races.
*No half races will be allowed, if they were, it would become madness and we'd end up with 'tenth races' and all kinds of craziness that just wouldn't be pretty.
*As stated in the introductory post... The boundaries of race have been long since abolished. Basically, any race may well come from any nation.

Abilities
*All abilities etc are to be kept at a low- to mid-fantasy level. Ie: No summoning rain from the sky, or superhuman abilities.
*As a guideline, look towards such literature as The Lord of the Rings, the Elenium and Tamuli trilogies by David Eddings, and anything else you would consider 'generic' Fantasy fiction.

Alright, and I think I am done for now. After many interruptions, questions on the chat, and battles with that devil called sleep, it is now 0635 here. Certainly time to go to bed.

The IC thread will be up tomorrow/later today, I promise. And then we can get this show on the road.
Last edited by LordSaladin on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Rogue Doll on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:14 am

I know you aren't hot on character profiles...but I like them. Keeps me organized.

Name: Pwyll Rhiannon
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Sex: Female
Home: Jielon (currently)
Appearance: Her slender and almost boyishly flat form is lithe and graceful, albeit a bit angular, true to her kind. Her height is equal to an average humans, one of the only human things about her. Eyes, glittering and over-bright emerald sit underneath shaggy unevenly cut dark brown hair. Her lips curved and full of vivacious expression, same as her arching dark eyebrows. Her lashes are long and dark, completing an attractive face despite the fact that her body does not draw the eyes of lustful men. Her muscles are thick from day to day use of a life of general hardship.
The clothing she wears is simple and home made, skillfully, but simply. A long brown leather shirt is worn with a leather tied belt over tight yet pliant pants of the same material. She wears a long coat with many clips and pockets in foul weather and completes her outfit with a woolen hood that is also a scarf.
Equipment: Her weapons are all of decent and durable quality, yet she owns nothing fine.
Long dagger (12" blade; x1)
Short dagger (6" blade; x3; balanced for throwing)
Wooden long bow (1)
Feathered Arrow (steel tipped; x10)
Personality: Pwyll is a thrill seeker, enjoying life's simple and dangerous pleasures. Anything that gives her and adrenaline rush is something she enjoys. She tends to be detached and aloof with her emotions, uncomfortable with acknowledging anything deeper than skin. Accustomed to being alone, she is not much of a conversationalist either. When her mind is set on something, she is relentless and will accomplish it no matter what the cost. Since morals are largely created by society, she doesn't think much about them at all. It is unlikely for her to reason based on right and wrong, as things are currently.
Biography: Once, long ago, she had a family of some kind, mother or father or perhaps an uncle. They taught her the basics of shooting and hunting before they died, in that fuzzy time of childhood memory. If she has more family, it matters very little to her. Sometimes she encounters others, and fights when provoked or when she needs food or supplies. Many experiences have come her way due to her desire to push her limits and test her mind and body, ost of these being silent and private experiences with primary opponent being nature itself.
Abilities:
Magic-
Touch magic: When she touches things of importance she gets vague flashes of images. The images flash quickly and do not show themselves again after she has seen them once. She might see something different, but never the same. Due to the abstract and clipped nature of the images, they are very difficult to interpret and she uses them mostly to confirm when tracking.
Mist: Can bring down a fog whose thickness depends on the amount of moisture nearby. (In a desert she would not be able to procure as much as in a rain forest or near a body of water, for obvious reasons)
Abilities-
Above average strength and agility: Due to constantly pushing herself, her muscle, balance and all such things are honed to a finer degree than the average Joe.
Sharp Shooting: Accurate at close and far ranges.
Quick shooting: Can rapidly fire and remain relatively accurate.
Moving shot: Can shoot a moving target or while moving with decent accuracy.
Note: Considerably less skilled with her throwing knives than her bow and arrow.
Wilderness survival: Self explanatory.
Butchering: Knows how to butcher and treat many different animals and what can be made and how to make many things from the pieces.
Last edited by The Rogue Doll on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Rogue Doll
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:39 am

I will stake my claim to this RP. I will introduce my character in the first post. I think that this story will develop nicely, Kudos to Saladin for the very well written intro. I look forward to seeing you all taking part in this exercise. Blast short posts and other such things!

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:58 am

Read as asked and on my own behalf, am joining. Nicely written and intriguing. That, and it's nice to see some Adminship in it, too. <_<

Right, yes, we both know I'm posting no character sheet. I've the same feelings you have towards them. =P BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS, SO I'M JUST DOUBLE-STATING FOR CLARIFICATION; BECAUSE, BY GOD, IF I GET ASKED 'WUR B CS' I'MMA HIT SOMEONE

Can't wait to interact with everyone. ^_-

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omio on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Eh, sure, I'll toss a character of mine in... ...though which one...?

...Not Avik, that's too out-of-place...
Omio and Ipsen are too overpowered...
Jiv lives in a different age...
Luc's a ghost, and won't really do much...
No anthromorphs; I don't think there's room for those...
Hell with it, I'll make a ne-- Nevermind, I still have one more.
I'm set to roll. ^-^

Omio
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Preacher of peaches on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Since I have never received any tutelage on roleplaying, and learned primarily by practice and monkey see monkey do methods, I find that this roleplay could be a highly invigorating experience. Even though the setting is not my cup of tea, it’s still interesting, and gives a good representation of what many new roleplayers may encountering in the future , as ‘generic’ fantasy is a very popular genre.

I also would like to not post a character sheet. They seem most appropriate to share when a roleplay takes place in a smaller space where news of a particular person can get around quickly, thus meaning that some of the characters might,at the very least, know small tidbits about your character if he or she is not the new kid or tourist of some sort.

Preacher of peaches
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rythoka on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:41 pm

oh, and btw... My character will be revealed more and more throughout the RP... I dislike writing character sheets.

Rythoka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Well, welcome aboard guys! I look forward to what is sure to be a fun RP, and as the old adage goes: "The more the merrier."

Rythoka, just so you know, you didn't have to post a character sheet. I DID state this rather explicitly in the intro post. ^_^

And, to all of you who have been waiting... I am pleased to announce that the IC thread is now up!

Click here to view it.

Let, as they say, the fun begin.

However, let me just make a few reminders:

*Each post is to be a minimum of three paragraphs in length.
*No speed posting people.
*And please remember to not put your signature in the IC thread - it just clutters things up and makes the thread look messy. You will probably need to hit the "Post Reply" button to turn it off, but it will be worth it.

And now...

The IC thread is open, get to posting guys. :D

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years

The Vyshe Academia - Lok'Grek the Goblin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Max Prower on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Hello. I would like to join too. My submission is kinda long.. Sorry. ^^;

Name: Lok'Grek
Race: Goblin
Land: Hirnia, formerly Jeilon
Weight: He never checked; but is generally lighter-weight in terms of goblin weight.
Height: He never checked; but is roughly three feet in height.

Biography: He was born as the runt of a large family of goblins, which lived in a
cave close to a Jeilon mining quarry. The family, being part of a rather primitive
and violent clan would attack lonesome miners in an attempt to steal their
posessions, drive back the mining operations and claim the nearby quarries as their
own.

Being the runt of the family (and thus weaker), Lok'Grek would be frequently
bullied by his siblings. Aware that he'd never be as strong as his siblings
(and thus considered worthless by his family and put last), he began to question his
worth. But one day, when the eldest (and also strongest) sibling, in a proud and
arrogant crusade marched forth to try and take the nearest quarry singe-handedly.

Predictably, he was slain...

When his family learned of the tragedy, Lok'Grek looked at his puny body and
everything became clear. He realised that violence may, in fact, not be the only
way. Looking down upon his primitive bretheren with contempt, he left his home and
lived as a vagrant for five long years. One day, whilst scavenging for food one day at
a market nearby a settlement he heard rumour of a land known as Hirnia. He heard
rumour of its prestigous scholarship and peaceful culture. Enthralled by the idea,
he stowed away upon a ship (which he also heard rumour about) that was transporting
evacuees from warring nations.

Upon arrival, he immediately set toward a humble village which settled in
agricultural terrain. And used what little trust he had to forge a good reputation
with its inhabitants, and learned of basic agriculture. He supplied himself with
enough provisions to find a library many miles away. The head librarian heard of
Lok'Grek's good repute (as news of a helpful goblin was considered quite the news
among many cities)... And so he allowed Lok'Grek limited access to some books. First
Lok'Grek studied basic human tongue, founded upon this knowledge and became fluent.

The knowledge was intoxicating to young Lok'Grek. The various other topics of
various crafts, cultures and trade dazzled him. He gained many an approving nod from
apprentice scholars and a curious stare from the various children and others who
walked into the library. Either way, he was anything but disliked. He was allowed
with open arms into a priemier scholarship. And after three luxurious years of
getting his feet wet in various crafts and education, and quenching his curious
thirst he gained degrees in fluent human and dwarvern tongues, and was also a
proficient cook. He earned enough money with his profession to buy himself a house.

To this day, he continues to learn and study all that he can and possibly even
become a diplomat one day. Who knows, perhaps one day he might cause peace among the
warring nations or at least do something signifigant that doesn't involve violence..

Abilities: Although Lok'Grek doesn't approve of violence, he has studied natural
magics and some forms of healing. Though he is able to fight using basic natural
energy should the need arise. Generally, he is peaceful and diplomatic, willing to
solve dispute without violence.

Max Prower
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hughes on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 am

Hahaha, it's fairly obvious to me that you've read the wheel of time!

Excellent introduction sir! I'm working on a post right now!

My plan is to have Dume at the same inn that your character was given directions too, if that's alright.

Hughes
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!