Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The War in Dubai:

The War in Dubai:

a part of “The War in Dubai:”, a fictional universe by Wake.

This is a private roleplay for me and a few friends transferring our original rp to this site.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The War in Dubai:”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The War in Dubai:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Last time on DragonBall Fate! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *Charging energy* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Balzmann
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Next episode AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *stops to catch breath* AHHHHHHHHHH!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

So is everyone just watching the state of the union speech or what?

Balzmann
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm giving it a watch now, whats happened so far?

[edit] or at least I would if youtube was responsive.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Obama is campaigning for his office instead of talking what the america needs to do this year......

Balzmann
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Honey-Heartbeat626 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:57 pm

So how exactly do I reply on this website?

Honey-Heartbeat626
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Ummmm.... go to chat, select your character from the list, you should see their picture click on it, then type out your post and hit submit.....

Balzmann
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Were not starting yet though, still need to wait for the others to get on.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Cel is the only one not on...... Besides James and Sam are the farthest behind so they get a head start...........

Balzmann
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimgor Ironhide on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 pm

It is said that no one lives forever, save by the names they leave behind. Very few take this literally.

There is a place in the universe however, a realm far removed from our own where this is true. It is a place where the legends of dead men gather and live on, fed by the wonder and memory of all those who hold their names in awe. It is called the Throne of Hero's and its inhabitants are all those who have carved their names into humankind's memory. Beings of history, myth and legend: Heroic Spirits.

With such exaltation comes power however, and it was not long before powerful Sorcerer's from earth sought to use the powers of those that resided within the throne for their own benefit.

Hundreds of years ago an artifact was created, nicknamed the Holy Grail by its makers due to its vast power the artifact was desired by all for its ability to grant any wish the user so desired. To decide the worthy possessor of the Grail a tournament was created, now known as the infamous Holy Grail Wars. 7 aspiring magi were chosen to compete and given a key to summoning a Heroic Spirit as worthy champion to fight for them and claim the Grail. In return for their services the Heroic Spirits, now referred to simply as Servants, were promised a wish of their own upon victory.

So it was that Magi summoned the immortal legends themselves to fight for them, and fight they did. The 5 Holy Grail Wars were terrible affairs with much destruction inflicted by the competitors over the years in which they were waged, each war escalating the effort put forth to to win it.

And then suddenly, at the end of the 5th war the Grail vanished.

Some said that it was destroyed, others said that it was merely dormant, but whatever the reason the Grail lay silent for many years.

their were many however that did not wish the Grail or the wars that it had brought to be finnished. Recently, driven by the ambition of a very powerful and rich man a new Grail has been put together. How this feat was accomplished is a mystery, but now once again the Holy Grail War has begun. Invited to the shining city of Dubi, drawn for personal reasons or promises of glory 7 Magi have once again assembled to begin the quest...

Welcome to the universe of Fate/Stay Night. The above entery is a rough summary of the events of the main series from which this RP is based. The universe in which it is set is much like our own save for the fact that magic exists in hiding all around the mundain world. In the shadows of civilized society Magi plot and Vampires scheme. The strong prey upon the weak and the weak band together to fight back or hope to go unnoticed.

In this world magical society is dominated by high class families of magi who's history goes back many generations. It is these for the most part who seek the Grail and are powerful enough to bear the burden of suporting a Heroic Spirit to fight for them.

Heroic Spirits are, as said above, famous and legendary people who have died and ascended to the Throne of Hero's. They are summoned by the 7 Grail Participants and work together closely with them in a master Servant relationship. The Magi commands them and provides them with power and the ability to exist in the real world along with such support as healing, scouting and added firepower depending upon the Magi's abilitys.

In turn the Heroic Spirits fight for their Masters with their vastly superior battle skills and powers.

Heroic Spirits (Or Servants as we shall now call them) are very strong. To strong to be defeated by any but the most powerful mortals. Indeed, most Magi would be unable to hurt them at all.
The basic ability's of the Heroic Spirits include vastly superior speed and strength. Even the slowest and most feeble heroic Spirits are strong enough to dodge bullets and tear through steel with their bare hands. On top of this it is impossible to hurt one with non magical weaponry and they are capable of dismissing their physical form at a moments notice to become the raw spirits that they really are. This makes servants nigh impossible to defeat by anything apart from another Servant.

On top of this each Servant possesses the same special skills and abilitys that they did in live, along with their Noble Phantasim: special artifacts or legendary aspects that they had in life.

The Servants are divided into 7 different classes.
Saber: The first Knightly class, these Servants are defined by their wonderful balance of speed, strength and endurance augmented by their powerful resistance to magic.
Lancer: The second Knightly class, these Servants are characterized by their great speed and mobility on foot along with their favor for long reaching weapons such as spears.
Archer: The Third Knightly class, these Servants are categorized by their outstanding senses of sight and hearing that allow them to pick out targets from long distances and eliminate them with powerful ranged weapons.
Rider: The most diverse class, these Servants are categorized by their use of powerful mounts or vehicles that they use to dominate the battlefield.
Caster: The mystical class, these Servants are Heroic Spirits who used magic in life and now bring their vast power back with them from the past.
Berserker: The strongest class, these Servants are wild cards with the ability to trade their sanity for a great boost to all physical aspects.
Assassin: The unseen class, these Servants rely upon their ability to cut off their presence from the minds of others to go unseen and use dirty tricks to ambush and strike from the shadows.

Grimgor Ironhide
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimgor Ironhide on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:18 pm

okay, thats most of it, their are still a few things to add, please go into Noble Phantasims and any other aspect I missed.

Grimgor Ironhide
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 pm

So Shy did Sam post in the RP right?

Balzmann
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Well its coming up in the activity section. I normally don't use the chat tab to make post but if that way works for you then go ahead. Just remember that you need to look in the activity tab to check up on posting because the chat doesn't keep record of your post after you leave, it instead saves it in the activity section.

[edit] and let me take a look at your intro grim and will see if it works. probably will but I want to read it anyway.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Ok.... cool....

Balzmann
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:19 pm

It works and is now our new intro.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belphegor on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:35 pm

*Yawns* This layout bugs me. I'm too accustomed to fanfictions aesthetic.

Quick question - I noticed that Sam has a post prepared in the "activity" section. Is it pending approval before moving to what seems to be the 'Appropriate' RP thread? (the 'location' tab)
Last edited by Belphegor on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belphegor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Balzmann on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 pm

I know I like the layout of fanfict more too..... Also go post up Sam is waiting.....

Balzmann
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belphegor on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Just as I edit my post, I get a response.

Belphegor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Honey-Heartbeat626 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Hey, so am I replying right? It's just I have no idea if someone replied to my post or not. -_-;;

Honey-Heartbeat626
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:52 pm

look in the activity tab. If you don't see anything then wait a while and come back later.

Also did you finish those edits you said you were working on? I know I'm sounding like a nag but I want to iron things out before Grim and balz go at it again.

Wake
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!