Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Warriors of Aion: The Last battle (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Warriors of Aion: The Last battle (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:05 am

Ghost's of Thy Past
Please do not weep
For I have found sadness
Under thy cloves of sleep
So let me rest
This final hour
I hope you will not wonder
When thy should sunder
I will be with you
For all time
But do not forget this final rhyme
You are needed
And when you wake
Destiny will forever take
A hand in your will
Life is precious
So please protect
What this old and tired King holds dearest.

~~ King Lucas's final words

-

Queen Aristae of Aion, a gentle soul who had seen too much to many, a woman whom had lost her best friend and husband, a woman whom only wanted to see her son happy, a woman who seemed to never have a bad word against anyone, sat nimbly playing with the threads on her sewing crotchet. This woman was but a ghost of whom she once was.

Once the beauty of Aion who had stolen the heart away from the handsome young King, Lucas, she was now only a little old woman who harboured a shell hiding the youth she once had. Sighing with a fable expression plastered on her age caked face, Aristae looked towards her personal maid and smiled. “Caroline, have you not seen my son, Kaiern, as of late?”

The young maid ceased with what she had been doing and shook her head. “No Miss, the last I heard he was off on one of his walks through the forest of Aion.”

Aristae’s face turned solemn as she turned her head and stared at the marble floor. The Forest of Aion was once a happy place. She remembered someone she hadn’t remembered in a very long time and turned further away from Caroline, not wanting the young woman to see her briskly formed tears. This castle was filled with ghosts from the past and Aristae’s old ears swore they often heard the giggles of children who used to play within these cold and unhappy walls.

“Your highness? Are you alright?”

Caroline gently placed a caring hand on the back of Aristae’s shoulder. The Queen tried to hide her sudden state of emotion but Caroline knew her sire better than that. Not knowing how else to calm the Queen’s often unusual emotions, Caroline twisted her small mouth and knelt down beside Aristae.

“If I may be so bold your highness? I think I know what ails you. My Grandmother told me stories of a happier time in Aion, not that I can believe the words of an old woman whose mind is going sour, but the stories were grand and they made me laugh so hard, I seemed too often find myself gasping for air as a child.”

Aristae smiled and gently brushed Caroline’s cheek. This girl knew how to make her smile. Sometimes Caroline reminded Aristae of little Elissa, but she was but a ghost now, a very sad and heart wrenching ghost of a girl who had been much too young to die that tragic day. She missed the children that seemed to hang to Elissa for dear life. Calista, she missed the girls calmness and in depth conversations. Athena, Aristae missed how they would laugh at nothing at all most days.

“Tell me Miss, my Grandmother died not so long ago, I don’t remember the stories well.”

“Who was your Grandmother, Caroline?”

“Her name was Ria, she was a handmaid such as I for the young Queen of Aion, a tale she proudly spilled to every ear willing to listen.” Caroline grinned as Aristae laughed whole heartedly. She knew this girl reminded her of someone from a ghost of a past.

“Then your Grandmother knew the stories well of the five Warriors of Aion. I remember a day, a day not to long ago, where laughter was around every corner. The Kingdom was at war with Jhai, and some Villages had to migrate to the borders for safety, but the castle was always open to those who wanted refuge from the Soldiers of Jhai. Lord Leon dared not invade the castle, because we were protected by five very special Warriors...”

Caroline’s eyes glazed over. “May I hear the story, your Highness?”

Aristae was finding it harder to hold her tears from Caroline and so, tried no longer. Tears rolled from her old and tired eyes as she nodded her agreement.

Once Upon a time, a time not too long ago, a Mighty King and a powerful Oracle set out in hopes of finding hope against the power hungry Lord Leon. The hope came in the form of a handsome young man who seemed to be able to control fire. How odd, you say? Yes, it was odd. The Oracle told Lucas that if, by chance, they found more like this young man, Aion would surely be victorious in regaining freedom of its lands. What the Oracle failed to tell your Lord and King is that in doing this, great sadness and misfortune would soon follow him.

The young man was strong and proud, happily leaving his family to help serve his Kingdom.

They soon wondered upon a young maiden, the Oracle leading every step of the way. The forest around her village blossomed and even seemed to be doing the most peculiar thing... it was as though it were protecting the village. Upon closer inspection, the beautiful girl seemed to recognise her King and explained she had asked the plants and tree’s to hide her village away from the enemies of Jhai and anyone that wishes them harm. To let King Lucas and his Oracle in meant they did not mean any harm.

How odd, you say? Yes, it was odd. The third person they found was a lonely young man, whom seemed to love the water as much as the fish. In fact, he had tried to kill King Lucas when he and his Oracle approached. The boy saw the good in him and stopped his attack. But what was peculiar is that he seemed to be able to control the water. How odd, you say? Yes, it was odd.

Soon they came upon another young maiden who seemed to be making her money as a fortune teller. What she never told, however, is that she simply told the person what they wanted to hear by reading their most inner thoughts. The money was for her poverty stricken family. Later on the Oracle realised she could also control someone’s mind for a short period of time, having controlled his own out of pure amusement. How odd, you say? Yes, it was odd.

Before their journey was over, Lucas noticed the wind had suddenly changed at a rapid pace. How odd, you say? Yes, it was odd. Upon further inspection, King Lucas, without the aid of his Oracle, followed the wind that seemed to be leading him away from his friends. Upon reaching the forest of Aion, he saw the most peculiar sight a King could see. A young girl, much younger then the two maidens he had sought out on his journey, seemed to be playing tag...

What is odd about that? You ask.

King Lucas suddenly realised, she was playing tag with herself. The wind seemed to be chasing her, lifting her hair and the leaves under her feet.

But it’s just the wind, you say, King Lucas had sought out the wind change.

If not for what happened next, King Lucas would have thought the same thing, child. For as soon as the girl saw that Lucas was watching, the leaves and everything that seemed to be suspended by the wind suddenly dropped back onto the forest floor, the strong wind that had lead him to her also was lost. How odd, you say. Yes, it was odd. This girl could control the wind.

With these five very special Warriors, Aion was sure to win against Jhai. However, Lord Leon had dabbled in dark magic, much too strong for those poor souls. They were fierce and they fought well against armies, the wind user, the fire user and the water user being the fighters and the mind reader and the one who could talk to the trees and plants gathering information on future attacks. However, Lucas had grown attached, and with their deaths, came grief he had never felt before. He trapped Leon that day, but at a price that the day he died, Leon would be released, young and never ageing.

The day Lucas died is the day the laughter had vanished. The ghosts seemed to wonder more aimlessly and Kaiern took it harder than anyone. I wish I could see them one last time, and let Kaiern see why his father put so much of his faith in them. In the end, Lucas died for freedom and for his five Warriors of Aion.

I just wonder why is it he chose to finally rest his inner anguish by their tombs.

How odd.

Yes, how odd indeed....

------------------------------------------------

All Skye could feel was pain; unbearable pain. No doubt the car crash had left her broken in some places. Pushing herself up and off the ground, she just couldn’t hold the weight of her body from the stinging in her arms. “H-help...” she whispered. If, indeed she was thrown from the car, why was she not on some sort of gravel? Why was this place shaded? As she crashed back to the ground, Skye rolled onto her back and stared up at the tree’s that seemed to loom over her. Around her, she could hear similar noises of pain and tilted her head to get a better look.

It seemed she was not alone. Four others were in the same predicament she was in and seemed to be having just as much of a rough time. Slowly, she tried to stable herself and sit up. Upon achieving this incredibly simply task, Skye groggily went to study each and every individual. There were two females and two males that much was clear, but they seemed to all differ in appearances. Wiping some of the dirt she had on the side of her face Skye went on try and stand up, and noticed her knee was extremely painful to put pressure onto.

“Where am I?” She asked herself, waiting on for some of the strangers to come back to consciousness. “Mom?” she squeaked out, remembering her mother had been in the car that had been hit. Tears came to her eyes as she worried for her mother’s safety. “I hope your okay...” she whispered. Hoping that by some chance, the special relationship she shared with her mother could somehow give her the answers she needed.

(The forest where they have fallen ------> http://i.d.com.com/i/dl/media/dlimage/98/27/6/98276_large.jpeg
Last edited by itsaforeverthingxx on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Don't ask me for the time, I never have it

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Warriors of Aion: The Last battle (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethon on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:19 am

Horang replayed the event over and over again in his mind. The sedan appeared just in his line of sight before it was too late. Too late to run, too late to jump, too late even to shout or cry or curse, but just enough time left for his bag to drop, for his lips to part, and his eyes to widen with surprise.

The car veered into him sideways, its sides mangled by the force of an impact. Inside he could see the vague silhouettes of an older woman and a girl; when his mind had recognized what he was seeing through the shattered glass, the car had hit him. Or did it? He looked down at the grass curled between his fingers. What the hell's going on?

He closed his eyes to think it over, for the millionth time. Then he remembered something new: his eyes had closed right before the impact, involuntarily, of course. Horang had secretly hoped that at his moment of death he would be able to face it with his eyes wide open. The truth had been a little different. He was a little angry at himself, for that.

I'm not really dead, am I?

He turned to look at the figures beside him.

I expected heaven's inhabitants to be a bit more... angelic.

The girls were, of course, striking to behold. Horang let out a soft laugh.

Well, I don't see any wings yet.

His body ached, like it would've after a good beating at the dojo. He patted his body down again and again for injuries. It was impossible--no, miraculous. He was alive after an accident that should have left him strewn across the sidewalk. And now this forest...

The youngest girl was awake. “Mom?”

She mumbled a few words to herself, as if in prayer or meditation. His body aching, Horang pulled himself off of the tree he was leaning against.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aethon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:59 am

*Well, I don't see any wings yet.* Mina could here the faint voice inside her head, and she assumed she was hearing someone speak aloud.

Mina's eyes shot open. Groaning, she reached a hand up to touch her head. It took her a few minutes for her mind to register she wasn't back in her apartment building, laying on the cold hard ground. Gingerly, she sat up and looked around with a frown on her face.

"Did I hit my head that hard?" She asked herself while looking around the forest. Mina came to the conclusion she was in a coma. It had to be the reason...right?

Mina looked to a man going near a younger girl. That was when she noticed the others laying around her. Mina looked back to the man and wondered why he had been talking about wings.

"You normally see wings?" Mina joked as she rested her head back on the ground. She wasn't normally this talkative, but she still was in the state of mind that this wasn't real.
There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder.
- Brian Aldiss

Essa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Pipa’s eye’s shot open, a deafening crack had sounded in the oddly quiet forest, for some reason the forest had been silent, which was usually a bad sign, one Pipa had missed due to exhaustion. On a normal night she would have been wearier. She looked around at her surroundings, it was daylight, she had had a full nights rest, something that was welcoming compared to her usual sleeping habits.

She shifted her position on the branch she was lounging on; she slept in trees to avoid detection during the brief time in which she was vulnerable. Leaping down agilely she picked up her bag and swung it around her shoulder, keeping the hood of her cloak up she silently walked away from the abandoned and singed campfire she had lit last night for dinner. ‘Those troops sure are getting clumsier, can’t Leon train them any better? I mean seriously, they scared the wildlife away and announced their position to the whole forest.’ Pipa mused over how easy it would be this time to get rid of some of Leon’s loyal rats.

She slid into a tree about halfway there and continued going towards the general direction of the sound via tree travel. It was something she could do easily and quickly, and it was a silent way to come at your enemy in a way they didn’t expect. About a few feet away from the group of people that had caused some noise, the normal sounds of the forest began to return. Pipa saw what she didn’t expect, two women, one girl, and two men. They were not soldiers; they didn’t even look like they were from Aion. The clothes they wore were unfamiliar and impractical for combat or concealing weaponry. Some of them were unconscious, the others coming around groggily, and one looking perfectly fine.

They spoke of wings and their mothers; totally irrelevant to any situation Pipa could think of. ‘What in the name of King Lucas is going on?’ Pipa mused as she watched the clumsy movements of the five people. Concerned that the woman and man still unconscious were hurt Pipa leaped silently to a tree close to Horang and landed silently next to him. The only noise coming from her bag, ignoring any surprise from the people awake she walked over to the unconscious man and woman and checked their pulses. Standing up after confirming that their heart rate was even she turned to the conscious strangers.

“Where have you come from, are you native to Aion? Your clothes suggest otherwise.” She asked, she had a hunch and a hope of who they were, but the cloaked girl didn’t voice it. ‘They can’t be, look how loud and clumsy they are, they couldn’t be renowned warriors, best to just help them get to wherever they came from safely.’

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:22 am

((EDITED.))

Skye sighed as she felt around her knee. Her knee cap had popped out of place and she winced from the feel of it. It must have happened when the door had caved in and almost crushed her on her passenger side.

"Hey, are you alright?"

A masculine voice seemed to be addressing her, and her blue eyes swiftly turned towards the direction it had come from. The male to her left seemed to be awake and relief suddenly took hold of her. At least she knew he wasn’t dead, but the others, she hoped they weren’t either. Skye tried to stay balanced as she tried to touch her injured knee.

“My knee, I think it’s been popped out of place.” She hissed when she simply tried to touch it through her thin jeans. Skye fell back down, finally having enough of the pain and tears sprang to her eyes. She wanted to go home, where was she? What had happened? Did she die in the car accident? What about her mother?

‘Someone, help me,’ she thought helplessly. She just wanted someone she recognised to come and help her.

Suddenly, it seemed like another female had also stirred. Looking over towards the dark haired girl, Skye smiled lightly. She had said something and Skye’s brows furrowed at her odd statement. “What wings?” She asked. Did this elder girl maybe bump her head?

Suddenly, another presence came into sight and Skye’s eyes widened as she tried to claw away from the figure. She seemed to be checking the pulses of the still unconscious woman and male. The girl was dressed so oddly. Skye had to look twice to get a better glance. She had long pale white hair, and her body was someone... armoured? Was that the correct word for it?

“Where have you come from, are you native to Aion? Your clothes suggest otherwise.”

Skye’s eyes widened. She had officially declared this girl insane. Scooting further away, Skye choked out, “A-Aion? No, this can't be Aion! I made that place up... This is a dream, I'm having a nightmare again. Who are you?”

She absent-mindedly pushed herself further over to the now conscious female and twisted her mouth, the way she did when she was nervous or upset. The pain in her knee was growing and tears sprung to her eyes. She needed some medical attention because she didn’t think she could take much more of her aching leg. Ignoring her shaking hands from the strange girl’s appearance, Skye reached into her pocket and gasped when she felt her cell phone. Pulling out, she automatically checked for any reception. There was none. Damn. But what did she expect from a dream?

‘This is a dream, it has to be... This can't be the place I used to talk about when I was a kid...

(Outfit - http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/sxcbubygirl/skyesoutfit2.jpg)

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:19 am

Pipa could see that in general, all of these people were disoriented, and had no clue of anything. Pipa also noticed that she was scaring the younger girl, her lips tightened. This girl knew nothing of Aion, that didn’t make any sense; she had to have come from under a rock if that was the case. It was impossible to live here and not know of Aion. Through this minute of thought process, Pipa was stock still, unnaturally so. Her attention snapped back to the younger girl as she realized that she was crying. Pipa’s heart softened a bit. Walking towards her she noticed that the girl was frantic and scooted away. Pipa stopped and drew back her hood, revealing her pale face set by violently purple eyes. Thinking it would perhaps make her not look so frightening.

Normally, any stranger who saw the odd color of Pipa’s eyes would know that she was one of Leon’s elite, that or the escaped elite team leader. Neither of which was safe to be around. It caused fear to most, but to people who knew nothing of Aion, and therefore it’s customs, Pipa saw no harm in it. Perhaps it would help familiarize herself to the frightened girl.

“You’re hurt, and I mean none of your any harm. You are obviously in a strange place you know nothing of, I’m not sure how you know nothing of Aion and are here, but I can at least help with your knee.” Pipa held up her hands to show that she meant no harm; her face had remained calm and stoic the entire time.

Walking over to the girl, Pipa held Skye’s leg in place with surprising gentility, “It looks to be out of the socket, the most I can do for you is pop it back. The pain will get slightly worse, but will all but disappear soon after. May I?” Pipa asked the girl, keep her voice gentle and disarming, but her demeanor as stoic as ever. Looking over to the big male by the tree, she asked. “You seem quite coherent, would you tell me the last thing you remember? Perhaps it will help.” Pipa said, studying Skye’s leg and waiting for her consent to pop the knee back into the joint.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:25 am

As the goblet held the last of Leon’s wine, he swirled it until in turned into a mini whirl pool, then proceeded to scull it down. His nerves were shot, this damn prophecy by that Isis making him wary of even his own guards. Since that damn Pipa had somehow escaped his grasp it was only a matter of time before the insolent girl came back to his side. They always came back, and the punishment would not be any less then horrific. He could no longer contain his nervousness. If those warriors did indeed return from the land of the dead he would simply use his dark magic to kill them a second time. However, he doubted greatly that that ignorant King Lucas’s power could go so far as to resurrect the dead. If that was so, he would have brought them back long before he fell doom to his withering age and ailments. Although King Lucas was indeed just as powerful as Leon himself, age gets the best of every soul; royal or not.

Leon made it a promise to kill that damn Kaiern. Those guards had caught him when his powers were none to nothing after his long slumber in that horrid Aurora of Death – as the locals of Aion had called it. Kaiern, as Leon had learned, was the new King of Aion. It seemed King Lucas had strengthened his blood line while he was in slumber. Too bad, however, the boy was a fighter and would have served useful under Leon’s armies.

Lost in thought, Leon failed to notice his royal Guard kneel before his person. The guard was the elite of his battalion, and found it a royal mission to find those – those meaning Pipa – who dared defy him and slaughter them in cold blood. “What is it?” Leon drawled.

“Sire, word has come that five unidentified persons have appeared in the forest of Aion. It seems Kaiern has yet to know, because Aion guards have not left the castle since the sighting. They appear to be injured and wary of their surroundings.”

Leon’s muscles tensed as his guard disclosed the information he had been waiting months to hear. Shooting out of his seat, Leon dared not leave the Kingdom of Jhai and simply told his guard, “Kill them, and do not come back here until you do. I will leave for Aion shortly after I have gotten the message they are once more corpses in the ground. Do not let those fools of Aion hear of this, or it will be your head on the line!”

The guard nodded and strode out of his Lord Leon’s chambers, sword set of slaying each and every one of those nuisances. His army would advance as soon as they made a move to leave for the castle, but until he reached the forest of Aion, which wouldn’t be for another hour or so on horseback, they would simply have to wait and see what happened.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethon on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:44 pm

“My knee, I think it’s been popped out of place.”

Horang, standing a little unstable by the tree, made to move towards Skye.

"You normally see wings?"

He stopped at the new voice. Horang turned his head to look at the other girl.

“What wings?”

The words hung in the air as a slight movement entered Horang's line of sight.

“Where have you come from, are you native to Aion? Your clothes suggest otherwise.”

His muscles already tensed at the strange, new presence, Horang froze at the mention of Aion.

“A-Aion? No, this can't be Aion! I made that place up... This is a dream, I'm having a nightmare again. Who are you?”

“You’re hurt, and I mean none of your any harm. You are obviously in a strange place you know nothing of, I’m not sure how you know nothing of Aion and are here, but I can at least help with your knee.” She paused, then continued.

"It looks to be out of the socket, the most I can do for you is pop it back. The pain will get slightly worse, but will all but disappear soon after. May I?" Then she turned to Horang.

“You seem quite coherent, would you tell me the last thing you remember? Perhaps it will help.”

Mention of the knee roused Horang from his scramble. Ignoring the address the cloaked woman had made towards him, he knelt to the ground besides the women while examining the leg.

"Move, I've got experience as an EMT. I'll take care of her knee." Then he pursed his lips and scanned the woman with eyes devoid of any familiarity or emotion. The clothes... the smell. This is a dream. Part of that dream.

Turning he looked into Skye's eyes and offered her a slightly bemused grin. Charming, just the way he wanted to portray himself right now.

"I'm Horang Baek, a medical student from New York. What's your name?"

As he said this, his experienced hands brushed away the cloaked woman's, and set themselves above the girl's knee and on her thigh, feeling for the problem. Then he turned to the cloaked woman. "From the looks of it, her knee will be sore for a few days. I'll need a wrap and an ice pack to stop the swelling. Do you understand?"

Aethon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:19 pm

"Aion?" Mina said sitting up, but that was the place she used in her stories...her made up stories. Mina stood up, and streched her back a little. Groaning lightly, she made her way to the others. Her back was still sore, and laying on the ground for god knows how long, didn't help.

Mina sat down next to the girl, and placed a hand on her shoulder and gave a small smile. "It'll be ok." She said, trying to sound reasuring.

"New York?" Mina repeated bewildered. She herself was from England...how could...? Mina shook her thoughts and concentrated on the present. She would wonder how they ended up together later.

"Oh..the wings. Guy over here said he didn't see any yet....didn't you hear him?" She said worry growing in her voice as she gestured to Horang. "Oh god...don't tell me I'm hearing voices now." She said, standing back up and shaking her head.

"This can't be real." She mummered as she looked around the forest.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:44 pm

For a dream, this was really painful. Skye started to get nervous as the girl approached her, but as she took her hood off Skye was a little more at ease. Why, this girl didn’t look scary at all, and her cool voice didn’t show any indifference or intended harm. As the girl seemed to grab Skye’s leg gently, Skye dropped the phone she had in her hand onto the grassy ground.

Before Skye could nod her agreement to the girl, the man from before seemed to jump in and take her place. Skye flinched and her eyes widened. So many people touching her leg at once was starting to get irritating and the thought of the awaiting pain was even more agitating. “I had my shoulder popped back in once, I blew the Doctors ear drums off screaming. I warn you both... I have a low thresh-hold for pain...”

And that was true. Skye couldn’t even handle horror movies with too much gore, the sight of needles stunned her, and the thought of piercings were even going a little too far for her tastes. As Horang’s hand reached Skye’s thigh – obviously feeling for the problem at hand – Skye’s injured leg instinctively belted up and would have hit the poor man in the chest if not for the pain that stopped it from hitting him full force. Gasping, Skye placed her hands over her mouth and muffled an apology. Her hands hadn’t been brought to her mouth out of shock, but to muffle the scream of pain.

Skye was momentarily distracted by the other girl’s hand, the one whom had mentioned the wings. Her hand on Skye’s shoulder brought some reassurance and Skye had no idea why, she barely knew the girl for ten seconds, not even her name, but it felt as though this were her best friend from back home.

“I don’t remember him saying anything...?” As the girl stood up, Skye’s head tilted slightly at exactly what was happening. Maybe she was the one needing the medical attention...?

Wincing, Skye relaxed and concentrated at the situation at hand. “I’m Skye, I would give you a detailed description of my life in Australia, but right now I just want this over... Hold on for a sec,” Pulling her arms out of her gray woollen jumper, Skye the hem of her jumper to her mouth, revealing the white top she had on underneath. Nodding as she chewed down hard, she muffled something that sounded like, “Okay, go.”

Even bandaging her knee up was going to hurt, and Skye didn't want to scream and make the situation worse then it already was.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethon on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 pm

“I had my shoulder popped back in once, I blew the Doctors ear drums off screaming. I warn you both... I have a low thresh-hold for pain...”

Horang sensed Skye trembling beneath his touch and nodded. He gave her a reassuring smile. "It won't hurt at all."

"Aion?" Mina stood up, and made her way to Skye.

“I don’t remember him saying anything...?”

"It'll be ok." Mina smiled as she squeezed Skye's shoulder. Then, looking up at Horang, she asked, "New York?"
He nodded back.

She seemed puzzled for a moment, but shook her head as if to clear her mind and continued, "Oh..the wings. Guy over here said he didn't see any yet....didn't you hear him?"

Horang kept himself from widening his mouth in surprise and kept his hands around Skye's leg.

"Oh god...don't tell me I'm hearing voices now." She looked around the forest as if to try to understand.

"This can't be real."

“I’m Skye, I would give you a detailed description of my life in Australia, but right now I just want this over... Hold on for a sec.” She pulled the hem of her jumper to her mouth and bit down. "Okay, go."

Horang smiled, and shook his head. "Don't worry. This won't hurt at all. It'll just feel a little... weird. Think... like rotating your wrist, just with a bit more force."

He let out a breath, then pushed with his hands. The dislocated knee fit back into place like clockwork.

"There. Don't move it, and try not to stand up. It'll feel pretty badly bruised for now, but in a few hours it'll begin to swell and ache, and then it'll start to really hurt."

Horang loosened and undid his belt; he took off his plaid shirt and folded it until it was a length of fabric 4 inches wide. Gently, he bound Skye's leg and tightened his belt around it.

"This'll help keep it in place." He turned to Mina and Pipa with an inquiring look.

"And you two? Who are you?" Horang turned to the man and woman still stretched motionless across the ground. "And who are they?"

Aethon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Mina sighed and turned to Horang. “I’m Mina. University student from England, creative arts...I write stories.” Her mind flashed briefly to before she had fallen on the stairs. She was going to visit her mom, it was her birthday. But she had to make that one little stop at her apartment to get the present she had made.

Mina lowered her eyes to the ground as she ran a few fingers through her thick brown hair. She began to look for her elastic in which she used to pull her hair up. Mina made her way to where she had woken up, and her dark eyes scanned the area.

“As for them...” Mina began as she paused and gestured to the ones still sleeping, “I’ve never seen them in my life.” She turned her eyes back to the ground. Her eyes lit up in a sort of triumph as she found what she was looking for. Mina placed her hair in a messy bun, and allowed her hands to rest on her hips.

Mina played nervously with her pendant with one hand as she walked back over to where Skye and Horang were.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Pipa listened to Horang, even though she could have fixed the young girl's leg without causing so much pain, and the man was stupid enough to try and tie it up with a leather belt. Pipa stayed quiet and moved away, simply because the man probably knew the girl better. At further listening to everyone's explanations, Pipa concluded that this man did not know the girl, and so she began rummaging through her bag, which held a lot more than you'd think. It was enchanted to hold a great deal, the inside was equivalent to a suitcase, but the size and shape was like a small side purse.

She was presented with this gift by a man whose family she had saved from the local tax collecting soldiers, they were about to take his wife because he did not have enough money to pay the tax, since they raised it suddenly. Pipa killed the soldiers and told the family to say that they barely got out alive themselves, so that they would not be punished when Lord Leon got wind of the news. The father of the family was a Mage vendor, and gave Pipa the bag along with some supplies.

The three that were conscious spoke of a New York, Australia, and EMTs, Pipa did not comment that they were speaking nonsense. She only concluded who these five must be; it was too much of a coincidence for them not to be the resurrected five. But why did they speak like they had no clue of Aion, that part did not make sense. The five loved Aion, these people knew nothing of Aion. Pipa decided to keep quiet until she could sort it out, for now, she had to move them, Leon had spies everywhere. One of his elite had tattoos of beasts and birds all over his body, and sent them out as spies and attackers. If they were lucky Leon had not heard yet, but luck never seemed to be on Pipa's side.

A yell of pain came from the girl and Pipa pulled out the bandages, they had runes on them and could heal most things within an hour, they could only be used once though, after one use you had to get more, like a normal bandage.

"Who I am means nothing, I am nothing." Pipa responded after Mina, kneeling down next to Skye she brushed Horang away, again with surprising gentility for such a cold person. "I don't know what an EMT is, but you caused this girl unnecessary pain." She gently but quickly took the belt off and started wrapping the girl’s knee with the rune bandages, the pain numbing taking effect immediately. "Her knee will be fully healed within the hour, and you should know, ice only comes during the winter, unless you are who I think you all are. In which case, you are all in danger." Pipa explained calmly, her eyes on her work. Finishing off the last rune on the bandage started to glow brightly, and disappeared. All of the runes were going do this, when the last rune faded, her knee would be healed fully.

Pipa thought for a moment and then stood up, addressing Horang. "I mean no disrespect or offense when I say this, but I don't think you should talk to me like a child next time, you obviously don't know about Aion, and from the way you tried to treat the girl you don't know of any magic. I do, and so can prevent her from any discomfort next time." Pipa said this in the same way she always spoke, emotionless and explaining, she really meant no quarrel at all, she just didn't want a repeat of this incident. She looked down for a moment, contemplating, and then looked back at him. "You should also know that although you are in danger, as I said earlier, I would allow nothing to harm any of you. So you can be at ease."

Pipa was trying to be comforting, but failing miserably, she wasn't good with that sort of thing....

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethon on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Horang looked on in shock. It was a while before he could bring himself to wipe the expression of surprise on his face.

Magic. Real magic. His mind processed it quickly.

It shouldn't exist.

I just saw it, didn't I?

This can't be real.

Then something rose up within him. A feeling, a sensation he vaguely remembered. Like a breath of fresh air, like sweet rain falling after a drought.

Like how he felt as he swam, when he really dove through the waters, moving with a speed almost Olympian. Like when he sparred in the dojo against someone really, really good.

It's magic.

The acceptance swept through his mind and his body. Curiosity roused itself until it rose to a fever pitch.

His voice was hoarse. His eyes unblinking, firm; his poise statuesque, he looked to Pipa. "Tell me what Aion is."

Aethon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:14 am

Kaiern was in a foul mood. He'd just screwed up in training because he'd been distracted. Kiern had been distracted all day. He kept feeling this strange pull from the forests. "Fine! I'll go!" He said to no one. With that he gathered up his favored weapons and left. He walked out the front gates having strapped his cat claws to each leg for easy access and his 2h broad sword to his back. Kiern started into the Aion Forest.

For a few hours Kaiern wandered around the forests. He encountered many animals, some of them hostile. He avoided these when possible, but today a hungry wolf caught him off gaurd and latched its mouth onto his left arm. Unable to use his sword he grabbed the cat claw hanging from his right leg and shoved the weapon into the wolfs throat, killing it almost instantly. After Kiern bandaged his wound he felt tired, so he decided to go to his favorite clearing and rest. When he arrived at the clearing he climbed the biggest tree there. He stopped near the top and got comfortable. Soon he fell asleep.

Kaiern awoke with as a deffening crack filled the clearing were he was asleep. He looked out and saw five strangers unconscious on the forest floor. He stared amazed as three of them stirred. Kaiern heard the youngest of the five ask where she was and call for her mother. By the looks of it they were not from Aion. 'I wonder if they're-' his thought was cut short when a young woman stepped from the trees and checked the pulse of the two still unconscious. This new comer he new was from Aion. Then everyone started heading for the youngest girl. Kaiern looked at her to make sure she was OK but by the looks of it her knee was dislocated. One of the strangers, a male, set it for her and the strange claoked new comer put a magic bandage on it. He was getting a bad feeling. If they were the ones he thought they were, Lord Leon's troops would not be far off. He moved a few branches behind where he was and looked out the opposite side of the tree. He heard the call of a hawk and scanned the skies. Kaiern saw his scout hawk. It was doing the maneuver it was taught that meant danger was on its way. Kaiern moved back to where he was but got clumsy and made the tree shake. He watched them intently for a few seconds but when a cluster of leaves floated down towards them, the cloaked woman native to Aion looked up in his direction. "Shit! How could I be so clumsy?" He mutered to himself.
ImageImage

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:26 am

Skye flinched when Horang fit her knee back into place. He lied; it did hurt, but not as much as she had originally anticipated. Sighing and taking her jumper out of her mouth, Skye awkwardly put her arms back through her jumper. As he took his shirt and belt off, Skye smiled thankfully for his help. The pain was now down to a numb throb. “I am never getting into a car for as long as I live...” she muttered.

Remembering the car accident that had seemingly been the last thing to happen to her before she ended up in the predicament she was in now, Skye’s face dropped and her eyes down casted. She was still worried about her mother. It seemed the last thing she remembered was her passenger side of the car being smashed in by an out of control car on the other side of the intersection. She must have been in a coma, or sleeping off her injuries, or... dead. Sighing she wiped her damp cheeks and again brightened her smile.

Her attention was brought to the girl who was now helping her. Tilting her head, Skye’s eyes widened at the odd words that left her mouth. "Who I am means nothing, I am nothing."

Skye turned her vision to Mina, then to Horang, then back to the girl. “That’s not true, you shouldn’t say something like that. You’re helping us.”

As the odd girl seemed to be taking off Horang’s handy work, she could feel the tension building as the girl seemed to disclose her displeasure for being treated like a child. Skye didn’t see things that way, because according to the man, he was trained in medicine. As the girl seemed to bandage Skye’s leg, Skye’s vision turned towards Mina. “You’re from England Mina, and you’re from New York Horang? I’ve never had a dream this crazy...” It seemed they were from all different parts of the world. She wondered where the other two were from, if they ever woke up. Her eyebrows furrowed as she turned to the girl and asked, “Are you sure they’re okay?” She asked, referring to the still unconscious man and woman.

As the girl seemed to finish her handy work, Skye gasped as the pain seemed to slowly dissipate. It still hurt, but not as much. Touching it gently, Skye turned to the girl and grinned, “Thank you.” She didn't really know what to say, other then thank you, because this couldn't possibly be real. Could it?

Skye heard something odd coming from a nearby tree, but took no notice. As leaves seemed to tumble from the tree and into Skye’s hair, her head tilted up slightly, but shook her head. She was just being paranoid. Taking a calming breath, a small gust of wind seemed to head their way, mainly in Skye’s direction, and as soon as she let out of her breath the wind became stronger.

Well, that was odd.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sairia Nightchild on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 am

Nymaway’s eyes propped open at the feeling of something near her throat. It was a woman, checking her pulse. She could hear talk from the others but for some reason her body would respond. She felt tingles shooting through her arms and legs, and a deafening booming sounds through her head each time her heart pumped. She let out a light grown at the sound and was able to pull up her hand to her forehead, feeling a dampness against her face. She pulled her hand away and saw that there was blood on it. The tree’s all around her were whispering, attempts of comfort and explanation of what’s going on around her. She was going to be fine, her head had stopped bleeding. She thought back and remembered fainting next to a table, she must have hit her head on the way down.

Nym let out a soft sigh and clenched the muscles in her stomach, pulling herself up to sit quietly. She blinked a few times, focusing her eyes and watching around her. She whispered to something near her and seemed to look straight at something, as if she was told to, and picked up a leaf full of left over dew from the morning, leaning over and splashing it on her face. The blood trickling from her skin and dripping to the ground, she took the bottom of her shirt and pulled it up enough to wipe the rest away with the soft cloth, pulling away to see only a little blood actually made it to her shirt. She stood then, not really dizzy but very confused as she looked at those around her, noticing she was one of the last to wake.

Sairia Nightchild
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Pipa watched Horang’s reaction to the magic; he seemed like he was looking at something he had denied the existence of for a long time, but had believed in it at some point. He all but demanded to be told of what Aion was, Pipa merely turned her attention to the woman that was slowly coming around. “I will inform you all of Aion once you are all conscious, besides, I think we need to get moving for now, Lord Leon, your enemy whether you know it or not, probably already knows you’re here.”

Pipa looked up, her eyes moving past the leaves that fell and the leaves that were hiding someone, the presence was not threatening, but then again, neither was hers. She ignored it for now, addressing other matters first. Whoever was up there was no immediate concern for her. Pipa had ignored the girl’s protests to what Pipa called herself; Pipa was nothing, and nobody that important, these five were the important ones…

The wind tussled Pipa’s hair as she noticed a hawk in the air, she recognized the hawk, it belonged to someone she had never met, but had escorted and seen on some occasions. None other than the prince, the bird returned to the tree and the wind picked up speed. She glanced at the small girl; she must be the warrior of the wind. Pipa would have smiled if she knew how.

Walking over to steady the woman now waking up, Pipa checked her head, earlier it was not bleeding, and now it looked like it would heal just fine. “You may be dizzy, but you’ll be fine.” She told her, then speaking to the tree the prince was hiding in she called out. “You can come out now true Prince, I’m sure you’ve heard, but I am reformed and these five are very much so who you would think. We need to move, and I need someone to help me move them quickly.” Pipa had no doubt who was in the tree, her observation and deduction skills were top notch.

Making sure the woman just waking up was steady on her feet, Pipa walked over to the still unconscious man and began patting his face and gently shaking him awake. The more time they spent like this the more likely they were to meet danger. Pipa would rather they were not present when she slaughtered the soldiers that Leon would send.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spadesy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:57 pm

As the group still stumbled and attempted to assemble themselves, the wind dropped and silence cursed the area. There, the biggest tree stood, thick trunk and broad leaves, casting a large shadow. The shadow grew larger as crows flew passed, to make Pipa aware. In it watched Brutus, hood on, armor gleaming in the only beam of sun breaching the tree's canopy. It's silver trimming gleaming occasionally, showing the crow with wings spread across his chest. One hand at his side, the other relaxed on the butt of his holstered sword. His eyes hidden, but his mouth showing a sinister smirk across his face. Most of his body was armored and clothed, but on his neck one could see the end of a thick black tribal tattoo.

He looked upon the group with his brown eyes, a white hair dangling. He heard everything, he had been watching from the moment Pipa arrived. There he was, Brutus, 'Prince of Crows, Lord Leon's Eyes, The Raven, The Nightmare King' as many knew him as, how he hated those nicknames. His presence only detectable by Pipa herself and The Five, which he wanted to make known.

'My lady, what are you doing?' thought Brutus.
Last edited by Spadesy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Oh what you do to me, no one knows..."

Spadesy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Kaiern heard what the cloaked figure sai and smiled. He moved over to his scout hawk. "Good girl, Talon. Now you have one more task." He took out a piece of paper and writing utencil, then wrote down that the five worriors had returned and to send troops to help as Lord Leon's forces were on their way. He atached this to Talon's leg and picked her up. "Take this to mother. We need some troops for back up" and with that Kaiern set Talon aflight.

Next thing Kaiern did was jump from the tree, hit the ground, roll twice, and stand up in one fluid motion. "Clever girl" he said. "How did you know?" He looked around. The strangers looked cofused and scared by his sudden appearence from above. "Lord Leon's forces are not far off. We need to move quick and we need to move now." He pulled the over sized scarf up over his face some more. Then Kaiern turned to the youngest of the strangers and looked down at her. "Do you need any help?" He asked in a kind voice. 'Hmf. I didn't think I could sound kind anymore. Every day holds a new surprise I guess' he thought to himself.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!