Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Warriors of Aion: The Last battle (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Warriors of Aion: The Last battle (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:11 pm

"Uh...other than waking up in a place I don't reconize, with people I don't know? Nope." Mina said. She was in a rather bitter mood at the moment, but she only let a little of it show with her sarcasm.

She could hear a few swirling voices inside her head, and she was beginning to get a headache. She thought for sure she was going crazy. If she wasn't...then she had to learn how to control whatever was happening to her. Mina tried not to concentrate on the words, but something caught her interest. She could tell the man was annoyed with her staring at him...and she breifly heard the mention about ghost stories. This made Mina smirk lightly, but she didn't say anything just yet. Mina turned her attention elsewhere for the time being.
There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder.
- Brian Aldiss

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Essa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Rintoshi jumped back as he recognized a voice down below, ''What is Brutus doing down there? It sounds like hes helping them, could he be a traitor as well?'' He growled, moving closer to the voices. It was true, Brutus was easily heard from the rest, this aggrivated Rintoshi, his own friend a traitor? Pipa and Brutus both traitors, he begun to think something was wrong with Lord Leon's rule. He came to a stop when he could see them all through the bushes, where he looked up and howled one last time before locking his eyes on every target. Slowly walking out, melding into a black panther. Letting the fur, and muzzle slowly change infront of them. Showing what he was, trying to send another warning to Pipa, and Brutus that it was him.

He hissed at those with them, crouching down, and preparing to attack at will. Still, watching to make sure no one made a movement for him. ''Welcome to my terrain, the forest'' He laughed out, blocking the path.
With the blood moon rising to the air. The sky turns red, only the stars showing through. Shadows lurk every corner, the wolves howl in a frenzied rage. Watch your back, the wolf of valor has taken the feild.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Pipa took the summoning scroll with relief in her heart; her old comrade was not going to make her fight him. She nodded at his powerful words, ‘Make them strong.’ The last bit she knew she was going to fulfill, she would make them stronger than herself even.

The Prince left with the five and Pipa covered their tracks, to throw off the soldiers that would be coming their way. More determined than ever Pipa turned away from the distant whines he heard, ‘that must be Rintoshi.’ She thought idly, he was a poor beast whose mind had been tricked by Leon, maybe he would be set free when Leon met his demise, she hoped so.

Pipa walked behind everyone, covering them from the rear, were the soldiers would come. They walked a while before Brutus showed again. ‘He shouldn’t be contacting me so much, he might get caught.’ But then again, it was Brutus, he never got caught by anything. She dreaded his news of Rintoshi, Pipa debated on what she should do, should she kill him? Could she avoid killing him? He was no weakling after all, to go easy on him might mean getting severely injured, but then again, he couldn’t shapeshift when going against her. He would be stuck in his human form.

She blocked everyone out, willing herself to stay there so she could confront Rintoshi, he had to know that he wasn’t going near these five people or the Prince. She’d have to beat it into him, be cruel so that he would hate her and despise her. That way, he’d have no hesitation in risking his loyalty with Leon, it was bad enough that Brutus was in danger.

She breathed calmly, not paying attention to anyone, as Rintoshi finally lunged out to block their path, Pipa sprang into action with the speed that only a seasoned fighter could have. Two throwing knives were thrown at Rintoshi’s front paws as he landed. Pipa got in front of everyone and drew both her swords. “Either go back or die Rintoshi, I already told Brutus I am not giving these five up. I won’t hesitate to slay you beast.” Her words about Brutus were to give him a cover story, he could say he was trying to get her to come back quietly, and her insults were to invoke the hatred Rintoshi needed to have for Pipa. Or at least what she felt he needed to have.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spadesy on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:22 pm

'Dammit Rintoshi' thought Brutus in anger. He may have just ruined everything.

Brutus' eyes glowed bright as the are grew darker, The shadows in the trees seemed to darken even more and sway, even though there was no wind. Above, a vast flock of crows flew away from the group, cawing mad. Brutus clenched his fists in anger as he dropped into the ground and rose near Pipa and Rintoshi, the warriors now formed a triangle of tension. Brutus let out an angry scream as he drew his sword.

"NO! NO! It does NOT have to be this way Pipa! There will be no blood spilled here! Rintoshi, we are not so desperate to fight just yet my friend. We can talk this out. We WILL talk this out. Don't be fools, we're too good of friends to end it like this."

Brutus looked at both warriors as they stood ready to fight, this was not a good situation to be in. He looked at the Prince, intensity in his eyes.

"The palace. NOW." he commanded.

His attention returned to Rintoshi.

"Rintoshi, don't do it, you're not ready." he warned.
"Oh what you do to me, no one knows..."

Spadesy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sairia Nightchild on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:25 pm

As the shadows slipped away from them she could breath a little more relieved. She watched as they seemed to seep back into him and she watched his talent intently with great curiosity. She nodded and understood at once when he acknowledged that he controlled such.

"My lady, this blade has taken many lives. Never in self defence. If you wish to carry a weapon I shall have it be a proper one. Please take it." Brutus spoke.

Nymaway was grateful for the dagger and took it respectfully from Brutus, her sky blue eyes scanning the length of it, quickly memorizing the phrase engraved into it. She smiled lightly, the corners of her lips tilting up just slightly, her eyes showing her thanks. “I’ll respect the blade.” She spoke, her trainer back home had always told her to respect the weapon she used in order to use it properly, and she had obeyed that lesson. She twirled the dagger in her hand for only a moment, testing its weight with her own arm and judging its speed.

She wasn’t given the chance to slip in into one of the belt loops of her pants before she was given a warning by the ground she walked on. She turned to catch the view of a wolf, turning into a panther and then dashing into view. By the time he was there in front of her she was already in a defensive stance, but not as soon as Pipa dashed out at him, daggers slipping from her hands towards the panther’s paws. Her eyes widened and she tried to wrap her mind around how the woman could possibly so fast.

Sairia Nightchild
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:39 pm

((Sticking with the old, alright!))

Rintoshi jumped back as he saw the daggers flying, but he moved a little slow. His feet were injured, making him tumble on his landing. " I'm not going to harm you Pipa, whether you wish it or not. I am here for those...'' Pausing for a moment trying to remember the name Leon used. ''Warriors.'' He grinned. '' I do not see why you protect them, after all they are the ones trying to destroy the peace. Why do you wish to enslave innocent people Pipa.'' He whispered, slowly backing away.

But if you trully are willing to waste your life for such evil. Then I will let you continue for now. For it is you Leon wants, not them.'' He took to the air, which was rather difficult, for bother wings were injured. He let out one caw as he flew off, heading deeper into the forest until he was a comfortable distance away. Where he dropped a few feet laying on the ground as a wolf. Tending to his injured paws.

''Brutus, I need you here. I don't think I have the ability to fight Pipa, she was one of us. She was like family, i can't hurt family.'' He whined to the shadows. Hoping for him to hear and come beside him. It confused Rintoshi as what to do, because his mind was so diverse. All the sights from seeing as a bird filled his head. ''You must be disappointed in me for not obeying orders and fighting her. Or capture her, what ever that crazy old Leon wanted." He looked around the shadows softly, waiting for some kind of answer.-
Last edited by WolfofValor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spadesy on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:13 pm

As Rintoshi flew away Brutus let out a sigh of relief, putting his sword away and relaxing his body. "Thank the shadows, good aim my lady"

Brutus, I need you here.

The Prince of Crows heard his cry, and because he looked into the shadows he felt Rintoshi's pain. He stopped and looked forward in a deep daze. A tear ran down his cheek, The Nightmare King, shed a lone tear. He shook himself out of it and felt his wet cheek. He was shocked. He turned to look at Pipa.

"I must show myself to him, I must. I will talk to him my lady." He said before walking towards the shadow of a nearby tree, he stopped in front of Nym, placed his hand on her shoulder. "Don't be afraid to listen to the trees." he said in a calming voice. He kissed her hand and resumed walking towards the shadow, he stepped in it, turned to face her and slowly began to sink. "Get practicing madame, we're training as soon as I return." he said with a smile.

She was like family, i can't hurt family

Brutus appeared out of the shadow Rintoshi was looking at. They weren't related, but over the years Brutus always saw Rintoshi as a younger brother, even though he talked to him as if they were the same age. He was always happy to see Brutus, so naive. Inside he knew of Rintoshi's tragic innocence. He had to talk to him like he's never talked to him before.

"Family" Brutus said. "What do families do Rintoshi? They look after one another."

Spadesy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Rintoshi slightly jumped as he saw Brutus come from the shadows.. ''Then why did she leave us, and turn against us.'' He tilted his head looking at him. Seriously wondering why all this was even happening. How could one so good, that gave so much to preserve peace turn against it. ''I just can't understand why.'' He said, staring at his injured paw.

It may have been the past that Pipa was with them, but it still seemed like she had some good in her. He just couldn't understand it, maybe it was how noble, and loyal she is to her cause. She was willing to put her life on the line to save those people. What could of made her turn the way she did? ''Hey Brutus, what did you always think of Pipa, you know, when she was still with us. Personally I looked up to her, because she did not let anything stand in her way. Seemed like she always had her mind straight forward.''

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Kaiern tured his head when he heard Brutus come out of the trees. He saw Brutus talk to one of the female strangers and give her a dagger. The the girl caught up with the rest. Pipa stayed behind talking to Brutus. 'Where is the message with the randevu point?' He thought. Pipa caught up to them.

Kaiern took them around a bend in the road and a panther jumped out at them. Kaiern had one of his cat claws out and ready when Pipa rushed in front of him and sent two throwing knives at its paws. The panther said something to Pipa, tuned into a bird and flew off.

Just then his hawk, Talon, landed on his shoulder. Kaiern put the cat claw back and took the message from Talon. Talon flew off and Kaiern read the message. ~We will meet you at the fork in the road from the low path~. "This way" he said putting the message in his pocket and leading the way, carrying Skye on his back. Kaiern turned to Pipa. "What was all that just now?" He said in a comanding voice indicating that he asked this as royalty and not comoner.
ImageImage

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Her knives injured Rintoshi but did not imbed themselves in his paws, just as she had aimed. She stood a silent statue, even when Brutus came to stop them. This was maddening, utterly maddening. She couldn’t believe that she was coming this close to fighting Rintoshi, the naïve boy that looked up to her, he was older now, but she couldn’t get the image of that fluffy little wolf he used to turn into out of her head. She’d slay that fluffy little wolf if she had to.

Pipa did not answer Rintoshi’s questions, she remained a statue, ‘You’ll forget anyway, don’t worry Rin, I’ll make it so Leon sets us all free when he lays on the floor dead.’ Pipa thought, her demeanor still as stoic as a killer. He yielded, and flew away, Pipa sheathed her swords and picked up her knives, wiping them off on the grass and putting them away under her cloak. Lord Leon wanted her right now, not the five, probably because they were no threat yet, they did not posses any awareness of their powers that they could use effectively. He insulted them by thinking of them as nothing, he was more paranoid with his dear number one elite turning on him, was he truly that shaken?

Pipa would make him regret underestimating the five, they were going to wipe that smile off of his face, she’d make sure of it.

Brutus kissed her hand and made his leave, he was always such a gentleman, Pipa didn’t know why he wasted such formality on her, she was hardly a lady. She was a killer, an unworthy killer. “Protect them from me Brutus.” She whispered to thin air.

Pipa whipped around as the Prince addressed her, he had every right to be angry, and confused. She bowed, a hand crossing her chest in respect. “I apologize Prince, I will explain everything about the seven Elites to you when we are in a better area. For now only know you have me as an ally, and Brutus as a spy, but his involvement must be kept secret from even your soldiers, please.” Pipa remained bowed until he answered; her behavior had been unacceptable around him admittedly, in her mind at least.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Skye positioned herself comfortably on the back of the Prince, her arms loosely hanging around his neck and her chin resting on his shoulder so to get a glimpse of what was in front of them. The conversations and new faces confused her, but Skye kept her mouth shut, trying to block out the pain in her leg. It was getting better, slowly but surely. As the appearance of a Panther seemed to jump in front of her and the Prince, Skye let out a light gasp and her arms absently tightened around Kaiern’s neck. Only then did that girl, Pipa, Skye thought her name was, did everything eventually come to calm.

As the Eagle landed on Kaiern’s shoulder, Skye tilted her head and looked at it. She loved birds, loved how they were free with the wind, how they could just fly away whenever they pleased. As the bird flew away, Skye followed it with her eyes, her face contorting with the wish she could do the same. Skye barley noticed the conversation between the Prince and Pipa, but came in midway when Pipa seemed to bow. Was he that important? Did chivalry like this still exist?

Skye blew some of her dark strands of hair from her face, and noticed the wind that seemed to be blowing her hair in all directions, now twirled around her, as if it were dancing. Closing her eyes, she let the wind slap her face and brush about her hair. Why did this feel so familiar? Tightening her hands, Skye’s eyes suddenly widened, the images of a nonexistent death clouding her head. Memories she never even knew she had started to run through her mind. This forest, there was something significant about this forest...

A game, a King, and the wind. “He found me here... but who was he?” she asked herself. She paid no mind if anyone heard her or not. “There’s something in the wind...” as Skye finished this sentence, a strong gust of wind seemed to brush by the group, its strong gusts whipping everyone’s hair as it did so. It seemed to be leading deeper into the forest of Aion and with a swift motion; Skye threw herself off of Kaiern’s back and landed with a thud on the ground.

Picking herself up, Skye started to run, ignoring the searing pain in her knee, and followed the wind that seemed to be leading her somewhere. As she passed tree after tree, she didn’t stop until she found a clearing. The clearing was covered in leaves, children’s toys, and the most oddest of things; a jewellery box. Looking around, Skye could hear voices dancing in the wind, calling a name she had only heard in her darkest dreams.

“Elissa, Elissa...” laughter followed and the joyful screams of children bounced off of the trees.

“What’s going on...?”
Don't ask me for the time, I never have it

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:31 am

In the North Eastern portion of the Kingdom of Jhai was a rather large town. It was known to be quite a progressive settlement however; they had begun to show their distaste on the way that the Lord Leon was implementing his authority. Thus, as the sun had risen signifying a new day. No one can be seen along the streets. Silence reign over it and no life can be seen roaming around. Although, it was clear that the people should be out of bed doing their menial tasks for everyday living. Another intriguing fact would be the aroma of death adhered tightly to the air as if it was afraid of something greatly. What had transpired here? Did the night swallow them all? On the other hand, did they simply abandon the village they had called their home? Questions kept piling up, it seemed that no answers would be said. Nevertheless, a creaking sound can be heard that emitted from one of the houses.

It had originated from an old door being opened. Slowly, an appearance of a girl clad in a ornately white dress had been shown. It seemed that she was out of place in such a desolate town. The color of her hair and her appearance that was both white paled her surroundings greatly. It also meant she was one of the feared Elites under the command of the Lord Leon. Her scent of roses flooded the area she had stood. However, she was the proof that life existed in that place. Soon enough, she had stepped out from the said house and was at the center of the street. Her left golden eye gazed at the sky that radiated the light of the sun. The harsh wind that carried the scent of death surrounded her. It was delightful sensation to her. How she loved the fact of waking in day bombarded with such a lovely scent. It had brought a smile upon her lovely face.

"Such a lovely day. I wonder how are my dolls... Hmm, I shall visit them."

Words filled with much a lovely tone as she stretched her limbs to loosen them up. She gazed at her clothes as she dusted them and made sure that it had remained entirely clean. After so, she ran her dainty fingers along her ankle-length soft white tresses. It was her gesture of showing boredom towards such a silent town. Looking around the seemingly ghost town, it seemed that the villagers were not going to wake and do their chores. In response, she shrugged and simply went to the Town Square. Her steps were light as a feather as she walked with such cheer. A smile remained upon her cherry pink lips that contrasted her pale complexion. Soon enough, she had arrived at the said location and what could be seen was a terrifying scene.

Before her, the entire population of the said town was all hanged in various positions. Some were skinned, dismembered and brutally killed. No one was an exception. A macabre setting was fitted to suit the taste of the demented Elite. The blood that came from them filled the entire ground. Since the known Elite did not like being dirtied, she floated above them. The scent of decaying corpses overflowed her nostrils however, instead of vomiting. She simply chuckled like a child glad to see her toys. The carrion birds flew over her and some were already feasting upon the corpses. She did not bother the ravenous birds that desired the taste of the dead.

Licking her lips in delight, her twisted intent was reflected upon her eye as she praised herself for a job well done. It was by the order of the Lord Leon she had slaughtered everyone in this town. They were starting to rebel against his Lordship. It would never be allowed at all costs and she had no problems committing such brutal ways of punishment. In her case, she loved every moment of it. The screams and horrors that the people made from their own voices were the most beautiful music she had ever made. It was a grueling yet entertaining night for her. She even remembered that they had thought of her as a little girl that can do no harm. She may be small for her age nevertheless, the young Elite was the cruelest among everyone else.

Upon her hand, there lay a bloom of white rose that was similar to the one on her right eye. She dropped it on the ground to let everyone know who had done such a grotesque deed. With that, she left the town and returned to the Capital to report about the mission that was assigned to her finished. The winds hastened her travel in just a few hours that would take so many days. However, during her journey, she had the pleasure of feeling the winds against her skin. It was welcomed sensation, which she had done everything to gain mastery of her ability.

After a few moments, she had arrived at the palace and entered the throne room without any sign of respect. The young elite had no need for doing such annoying pleasantries. In truth, she was quite famished and needed to eat some breakfast. Nevertheless, she was in here doing her duty. It was annoying to some point knowing that she was still bounded to something when she did not want it at all. However, she did stand before Lord Leon with much grace and elegance that would be expected from her. Actually, no one can tell from her current appearance that she had come from a bloody scene and was the cause of it. All would think she was simply an Elite of kind and gentle manners. How wrong they were to think otherwise. After all, they should have known better.

"Your majesty, I, Treli have arrived from the town of Heawa. I have "evacuated" the citizens as you have ordered. If, you have anything else to ask of. Do wait until I received some food from the kitchen. Till then, I will see you later."
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sairia Nightchild on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:44 am

Everything happened so quickly. Nymaway watched as the panther’s paws were cut, and saw the reaction he had towards Pipa. The tree’s whispered sorrow for the panther, in the sense that he was becoming fully aware of Pipa’s betrayal towards him and his people. Nym narrowed her eyes towards the attacker as he mocked her and the others, and steadied her stance and heart rate.

When it was clear he had no intention of hurting them now, he had changed into a bird and flew away. Nymaway breathed in deeply and relaxed her stance, standing up straight and slipping the dagger into one of the belt loops at her side, her arm resting protectively over it at her side. As Brutus commended Pipa for her aim she nodded, but the earth below her tugged at her attention before she could comment as well. The shape shifter, their attacker, nature called him Rintoshi, was badly hurt. Nym watched Brutus’ reaction and her eyes showed her concern, but understood as he spoke to Pipa that he had to go to him. Maybe he would be able to talk some sense into Rintoshi, she hoped.

Brutus had paused in front of her. "Don't be afraid to listen to the trees." He spoke. She smiled lightly and nodded. “The tree’s are closest to me. I’ll listen intently.” When he took her hand in his she felt her cheeks flush lightly but made the attempt at playing it off as if it were from the heat, but smiled respectfully in response. When he spoke of training she felt her heart jump with a hint of excitement, “I’ll be ready when you are.” She replied before moving back over to the Prince and standing with Pipa and the others when the hawk arrived, indicating where they were to go. She nodded and followed the Prince by walking at his side, the tree’s letting her know that it was safe for now.

Nymaway shivered slightly as a gust of wind shot up her back, her dark tendrils blowing around her and falling in front of her eyes. Before any could react the girl who had been on the back of the Prince leapt from him and ran into the forest. A nearby bush yelled a warning of caution to her and she took off running after her, ducking behind trees and under branches to keep up with the girl. She was honestly surprised she could run so fast with such an injury. They stopped and Nym could hear whispers from the trees of a name. “Elissa
” she repeated absently. Her eyes focusing on the toys covering the ground, some hidden by leafs.

An odd tick touched at her mind, a violent hallucination, screaming
 She shook it from her mind and leaned against a tree for support. “Calista, its ok. Let it come.” A sweet voice entered her mind from the tree she leaned upon. She responded with the lightest of whispers “Let what come?” It took her a moment to realize the name it had called her, and she was startled that she had responded so quickly, as if it was her name. She stood there, silent and frozen.

Sairia Nightchild
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackBlizzard on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 pm

The air was filled with cold bitter winds attempting to place their frozen grasp upon Vasins’ slightly warmed body. The light above him shone letting the warm rays spill across his face allowing a smile to come forth from the depths of his hood. Catching site of a small bird most likely a sparrow at most Vasin didn’t even blink as the bird plummeted from the unexpectedly windless sky, dead. The missions the Lord had such pleasure sending him on were not of such an importance that he could not send one of the other petty Elites to watch a little girl with tremendously demented look on her face kill an entire town. There was a small rustle in the grass as a small rabbit appeared at his feet looking around not quite realizing that there was a man standing before him.

Chuckling softly to himself, Vasin saw the rabbit sniff at his boots. Lifting his hand he let loose a swift resonating scream scaring the rabbit away, the game was soon to begin. In an instant Vasin was on the ground stretching his long slender body in the grass slightly raising his head flicking out his tongue to find that pesky rabbit. Catching a blurred scent Vasin vanished reappearing in the same spot of which he had left with the rabbit clutched in his jaws poison pumping into the small creature. Swallowing his meal whole as his species tended to do such things he stood up stretching his arms as a smile combined with a yam plastered their mark upon his face.

Tilting his head toward the town he caught glimpse of the girl walking out of a building in the distance but not too far for Vasin to get the details he needed. The white rose fell from her grasp softly falling to the ground gracing it with the mark of her doings. Shaking his head to some extent knowing the Lord wished the town dead but sometimes things are not always what they should be in this lifetime. As the girl was leaving Vasin vanished appearing before the Lord with the news of the girls’ success.

“You’ve returned Vasin. Did she do what she was told? Or did that child break in more ways than one?”

Bowing his head ever so slightly at the Lords figure he let his gaze flicker to the window before turning his eyes once more toward the Lord.

“No Lord she succeeded all too well, the only thing that bothers me is that smile
I think she should have one of the Elites be watching her at all times just like we did the others. I am in no way singling her out my Lord just taking precautionary measures as the other Elite had to go through.”

The Lord clasped his knees roaring with laughter at Vasins’ comment.

“Vasin I know you’re a person to jump at the chance to take such a task but I think we should allow this girl to show us more, which is why I sent her of course. I know what she does and how she does it, she is beyond perfect in this sense.”

Waving his hand at Vasin the Lord smiled at him driving his eyes into Vasins soul.

“You are dismissed Vasin, I will call you when I need your body once more.”

Vasin replied with a grimace and a soft intake of breathe.

“Yes my Lord.”

The guards in the room blinked still not used to Vasins’ disappearing acts they would get used to it soon enough, or so they hoped. Appearing in a room supplied by the never wavering light that shone upon the frigid walls, Vasin leaned on the nearest wall letting the gears of his mind work their wonders in order to figure out how things would begin to work in this world, how things would place. Time was unmarred in the world of which Vasin stood, his eyes crinkled at the thought of trying to teach a child such as the girl not quite sure what he would be getting himself into. His thoughts turned to what the Lord mentioned on how she was “perfect”, how anyone could be such a symbol of perfection having the ability to uphold such a guise.

Vasin twitched his hand frustrated with the current situation, turning his body in one swift motion he moved his arms in a fluid motion, legs slowly followed the river like arms. Closing his eyes Vasin took a deep breath allowing the air to flow from his lungs in a soft release. To all observers Vasin wasn’t there, he was never there only ever appearing when the king needed him. Many have tried sending in hounds, wolfs, any type of creature that could catch whiff of his scent but to everyone’s astonishment there was no way to track such a thing. It seemed the only one to know of Vasins powers was the Lord himself, there were rumors circulating that the other Elites knew the powers imbued in each warrior sadly those were merely just that, rumors.

Sighing to himself Vasin continued on with his rumination hoping more information would somehow finds its’ way toward him.

BlackBlizzard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Kariss played his demonic tune with the pretty flute he carried. He walked not in a straight line, but with sways and strategic stumbles, this was not meant to be artistic, indeed he was only walking this way because he was not paying attention. He walked funnier than usual when he was just tuning everything but his own flute out. If there were any people in the town, they would be instantly drawn to the melody that sounded from such pretty lips, but everyone in town was dead, courtesy of the dearest Miss Treli.

Everything he passed crumbled in and smashed to a perfect flat surface, bodies and buildings alike. He happily ignored it; he was the one causing it of course. An angelic smile appeared on his face as he reached the end of the path, the entire village nothing more but a perfectly flat mesa now. He giggled, “That was a bit loud, hope I didn’t wake anybody from a nap.” He giggled out the words, he was sent to clean up after Treli, so that the point that Lord Leon was trying to make was emphasized.

Kariss spun around with glee and continued his way back to the Jhai castle, playing his flute and shattering trees that stood in his way. He didn’t notice or care that he was annihilating a path down through the forest, he just wanted things out of hid way, it was troublesome to walk around trees.

Arriving back at the castle he stopped playing and looked at the doors that stood in his way, giggling he took the flute to his lips and blew softly, the doors banged open off of their hinges, his sound waves to much for them to handle. “I’m baaaack.” He said ever so nonchalantly, stopping to smile at the guards who were thoroughly surprised of his loud entry he walked up to one of them. “You. Look. Scaaaa-redd.” He said, letting his fingers crawl up the big man’s chest, “Nothing to worry about, it’s only music, sweet sweet music.” He brought his face dangerously close as he said this, the guard frozen in fear. He giggled and spun away, proceeding to the kitchens, he didn’t say hello to Treli, he just sniffed a pot of some delicious soup and made a face. “Ew, I hate food
” Kariss walked right out and started playing his flute again, but this time he didn’t crush anything thankfully, he just played as he took a stroll to his favorite nap place.
Too bad Lord Leon was away, he might be able to listen to the demonic tune if he had stuck around.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Aristae sighed. She had sent Talon back to her son with the message on where to go, where his soldiers would be waiting to lead them back to Aion. She had sent Caroline out to fetch clothing and medicines for the Warrior’s injuries and patiently waited for her sons return. As she stepped out onto the palace stone balcony, Aristae looked up into the now clouded sky of Aion. “Lucas... did you do this my love? Is this why you took your last breath by their tombs all those moons ago?”

Fingering the moon pendent Athena had gotten her a very long time ago, Aristae, Queen of Aion, cried with joy that Lucas’s warriors had again come back to them, back to Aion. “They are home; they have finally come home. But as I have heard from some passers from Jhai, Leon expected this long before I or Kaiern and has created monster’s to fight them Lucas. They are strong and I fear this could be the end for our son and Aion.”

The wind blew and Aristae smiled, closing her eyes to feel the silent message her husband was giving her. ‘Everything will be fine,’ he would say with that warm smile, ‘Aion will soon be peaceful once more and we will no longer fear Leon.’

Touching her heart, Aristae felt young again. The magic of Aion was consoling her in its own way. “Tell me, Aion, are they safe?”

The wind blew with fierce and Aristae had to take a step back. Kaiern needed to get them back to the palace swiftly, or Leon would find them. Aristae hoped to King Lucas that Leon would waste time. They needed to train, to learn their inner and outer strengths. They needed to learn their strengths and weaknesses in each other or Aion would fall to its knees. “I beg you Lucas, watch over them. Bring them to me safely, we have waited too long to lose them once more to those monsters... to Leon.”

Tilting her head, Aristae could hear laughter as the wind blew into the palace. “Caroline? Dear, is that you?”

There was no response. The sounds were the laughter of children and Aristae frowned. Many woman and children had been lost in the final battle with Leon, the battle that killed the Warriors of Aion. All knew many of those children’s spirits lingered in the forest of Aion, but why they followed the wind back to the palace, Aristae was not sure. There were not many woman and Children left in Aion, for all left for the boarder, a place that was protected by Kaiern and his guards. And the men stayed to fight.

‘Elissa... Calista... trouble...’ the wind whispered. Aristae’s eyes widened. “Thank you,” and with that, rushed down the main court yard, swiftly gaining the attention of Kaiern’s royal guards.

“All of you, leave now and skewer the forest. Find you’re Prince, with him should be five people. Please, bring them here as quickly as you can and do not stop, not even if Jhai’s fighters stop you! Watch the clearing in the middle of the forest, the clearing where your King found the wind user. You have been there many times.”

The guards nodded, leaving the palace with speed rivalling a horse. The Queen stood at the gates, ignoring the call’s of her maids and Caroline to come back into the palace. On she waited, for her warriors and son to finally return.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethon on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 pm

“Support her, You all need to stay together, close together.”

Pipa had said this to him. In the mild shock and hectic events that followed, Horang had barely managed to pick up the sleeping man and follow the group, sullen.

Answers... He needed answers. He followed the back of the "Prince" blindly, unawake to the swift movements and curses Pipa left strewn throughout the forest as she covered their escape. But even in the midst of this wild activity, Horang could not focus.

He looked to the river's path, just over yonder, beyond the trees. His eyes locked on its swaying form, on its sections of rocks and wild white water which threatened to crush all that opposed it. Sharp rocks struck out through the water, threatening, set against the sky, against everything. Then his eyes scanned forward, into the distance, and marveled at the suddenness in change as its form became thin and lithe, a soft sliver cutting through the ground. He felt the party stop for a breather; his mind, swimming, beckoned him towards the water.

Come.. the water whispered to him. Come and embrace the essence of your being. His mind suddenly half-awoke, as if a small degree of control had been returned to him. Suddenly free, he rebelled against the call as he dared. Somewhere within him urged him forward, to embrace the river. And somewhere else realized the imminent danger and urged against him all the stronger: if you go now, you will face trials beyond your reckoning.

Arms trembling from the internal struggle, and legs threatening to buckle, he could resist the call no longer. Without a thought he knelt and laid the sleeping man to rest by the nearest tree, and ambled like a slave, bound, to an overhanging drop above the rushing water.

The jagged edges reached somewhere into the back of his mind and paused him for a second, but the urge redoubled and came back stronger. Come to me...

Come...

Soon, Horang was on the cliff edge, peering over its edge, tottering at the brink.

His mind shouted aloud, one last time, against the darkness that crept through his being. ENDYMION!

Aethon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sairia Nightchild on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Nymaway was suddenly snapped out of her trance by the trees swaying to get her attention. “Get to the queen
 Find the soldiers and you’ll find the queen
 danger comes.” They whispered to her. She pushed against the tree and stood close to the girl who had led her here. “Umm
 Is your name Elissa?” She was talking to her but her eyes were searching their surroundings, catching a glimpse of the jewelry box that sat in front of them on the ground. “Its what nature here calls you
” she made mention. “Either way
 we need to go. Something isn’t right. The Tree’s are saying to find the Queen.” She had never told anyone what her talent was and felt entirely silly now that she had but she pushed it from her thoughts and considered slipping them both into the cover of the shadows so Brutus would know where they were.

Another horrifying flash came before her eyes, the vision of a girl that looked like the one she stood next to, and a terrible death, as if she had been near when it happened. A wave of emotion filled her and she tried everything to hold it back, tears pressing at her eyes, but she blinked them away. Not now, not now! She thought to herself. Stumbling back slightly into the shadows of a nearby tree as she leaned on it. She breathed in deeply and shook the vision from her mind and within a second regained her composure. This could be bad... she thought.

Sairia Nightchild
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Mina was kneeling in the grass and mud that was once beneath her feet. Her hands covered her ears as the voices became louder, and louder with each passing second.

Mina kept her eyes to the ground, seemingly unable to look away. Slowly, her vision seemed to ripple. Mina looked up and saw that she was holding someone's palm...reading their future? No, no...she couldn't do that. It was as if she knew what they wanted to hear. Mina could feel herself smile to someone, and take the money they offered.

A quick flash and she was somewhere else. She was fighting with a sword. But her right wrist suddenly got hit, and began to bleed a lot. It was badly wounded, and she knew she woudn't be able to fight with it again. She took the word in her left hand, and prepared to use her legs if need be.

As quick as the visions came, they left. Mina found herself staring back at the ground. She heard...or thought she heard someone speak of something that could be bad. She didn't know what, so she decided to make use of her voice.

"What could be bad?" She asked Nym as she turned to look at her. Slowly, Mina rose to her feet. And put a hand to her throbbing head.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spadesy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:49 pm

"Its her choice Rintoshi. There is nothing evil about making your own choices. She is a great leader Rintoshi, always was. You must respect her decisions even though you may not agree with them." He knelt down, petting Rintoshi's fur. "The important thing is for none of us to hurt each other. We will not. We're too good of friends for it to come to that. I don't want you getting hurt old friend, I won't have it."

A flash of a vision struck Brutus.

This could be bad...

'Nymaway!' he thought, tempted to rush towards the nearest shadow to find her. He couldn't, he had to remain calm to keep Rintoshi at ease. He patted Rintoshi's head and rose to his feet. "Don't worry about Pipa old friend. She is no danger to us. I will handle it. You can always trust me, you know that. Head back to the castle, rest up, you deserve it." he said with a friendly smile, before casually walking to a nearby shadow.

"I shall see you soon Rintoshi, farewell." He said, slowly sinking into the shadow, appearing to be in no rush. As he rose up in the shadow of the tree Nymaway was leaning against, he gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

"What is it my lady? Where are Pipa and the others?" he asked, looking to Mina, nodding his head in greeting.

Spadesy
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!