Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

they say we're crazy {ooc}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

they say we're crazy {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:43 pm

they say we're crazy...

but they don't know a thing about us.
to you, we are just stories.
stories where we are portrayed as monsters.
monsters that pray off of your children, your sisters, your brothers.
we travel through the country, kidnapping youth and leaving no clues behind.
we didn't kill your daughter or your son.
that wouldn't be right.
we took them to benefit us, it is true.
but not exactly to harm them.
as long as they listen, we will all get along.

best wishes,
the pack

That is the note that has been left on over ten doorsteps so far, after a member of their family under the age of twenty-one has gone missing. The mystery of "the pack" and their abductions has left the country stunned and scared, but the criminals aren't who detectives think it is. They aren't old guys who happen to be sex offenders; they aren't serial killers on the loose. In fact, none of them are over twenty-one themselves. "The Pack", as they call themselves, started out as only four people.
They were best friends living in the boring suburbs of New Jersey, and the summer of their senior year in high school, they ran away. These four had always been rebels; going against their parents’ wishes as they took drugs, drank and received bad grades. One day, they decided that they didn’t want to listen to anyone else anymore. They wanted to form a family for themselves, without the rules of a real family. They wanted to be young forever, and so the plan came to them.
They left home and after selling drugs and themselves didn’t make them as much money as they wanted, they began to steal things and sell it. It seemed to work, and then one day they had spotted a young girl who had been separated from her mother in a Florida park that they were traveling through. They took the girl, brought her to the park office where the desperate mother was waiting with a quick cash reward for the kids. The idea took off from there, and the three friends began to take kids away, and sell photos and videos of them to newspaper and TV companies who had rewards for information on these missing kids. Now, having a bunch of missing children walking around with you would be an eye-catcher, and the friends knew this, so they changed the appearance of the stolen children and never stayed in the same place for more than one night. Although they do not kill the kids that they make money off of, they don’t treat them like royalty either; but what can you expect when you’ve been kidnapped by people who are crazy?

Rules:
The only rules are that you must be literate and I do not reserve spots. I want two or three paragraphs per post, atleast once every three days, with minimal grammar and spelling errors. We all make mistakes, but please re-read your posts. If you don't have time to finish your character sheet right away it is fine, but if someone else comes along I may choose them over you.

Skeleton:
My name is- {name}
I am- {one of four friends, a kidnapped person}
I am a- {gender}
I’ve blown out __ candles {age, no-one under ten or over twenty-one, the four friends are twenty-one}
People tell me that I’m- {describe personality}
My life at home was like- {short description of biography- 4-5 sentences}
When I look in the mirror I see- {photograph please}

Members:
FRIEND ONE- Male- S L y t e.
FRIEND TWO- Male-
FRIEND THREE- Female-
FRIEND FOUR- Female- PoppySeed
KIDNAPPED- UCTigerette
KIDNAPPED- DreamingForever
KIDNAPPED- British
KIDNAPPED- RaeRaeButterfly
KIDNAPPED-
Last edited by BurningBridges on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: they say we're crazy {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:03 am

I had just written up half a sheet and went to post it, but then my internet stuffed :| So I'll get a sheet up for a kidnapped female tomorrow, okay?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm

That happens to me a lot as well- it's so frusturating. I'm not reserving spaces, so it doesn't really matter when you get it up but the sooner the better.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:37 pm

My name is- Daphne Elise Jacobson
I am- One of the Kidnapped
I am a- Female
I’ve blown out 18 candles
People tell me that I’m-
My life at home was like-

editing
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:29 pm

My name is Jemma Alison Wilkinson
I am a kidnapped person
I am a Female
I’ve blown out seventeen candles
People tell me that I’m vulnerable. Which is true, I guess, if you prefer to focus on the negatives. I try to stick up for myself and being the confident girl that my parents want me to be, but it's not that easy. You try being me and you have a go at being confident. See? It's not as easy as it may seem. But I don't have to be confident, I'm sweet and that's all that really matters. Well that's what I think, anyway. I'm sweet and honest, and they are good things to see in a person. But yes..I am vulnerable, also rather gullible at times. It's not my fault I just don't have the confidence and the 'balls' to stand up to people, they just tend to take advantage of me, and sometimes, it's without me realizing. Anyway, moving on..I am rather girlish. But I'm not a squealer, trust me. I just tend to like clothes..and shoes, and be generally girly. And I hate mud. It just irritates me. But I'm good at climbing trees, which can be helpful. But I hate heights..so that kinda confuses me. Maybe tree's are different to heights..who knows? Certainly not me. I tend to be a little..more like a lot childish. I like to do things, that little kid's do and would love to snuggle up in front of the TV and watch Disney moves. I can complain, without realizing and when I don't tend to get my way, I often pout.
My life at home was like being stuck in a house, with too many siblings. Yeah, that's my life. I mean sure it's wonderful, but seriously, why did my parents have to have that many siblings? A few of us were mistakes, including me. Let's just do a quick family count, okay? Well there's my mom and my dad, and then there's my step father and my step mother. I live with my father and my step mother, and my mother lives with her new husband, just down the road. They like to boast about their kids to each other, quite a lot. My actual siblings are Trevor {35}, Annie {32}, Molly and Connor {29}, Alec {22}, Harry {20}, Georgia {19} then me!! But only, Georgia and Alec still live at home, the others have all moved away and started families, about from Harry, he decided to go stay at mom's place. And when my step mother came along, we found that she already had three kids. Matilda {19} and Jamie & Thomas {18}. And then, my step mother and father thought it would be fun to have more kids, so now I have little step siblings and I hate all but one of them. Quinn {12}, Maria {8} James is {5} and Hannah is {3}. I love Hannah but the rest, just get under my skin and annoy me. Because of my tendency to be childish, Matilda, Jamie & Thomas, tended to push me around, which they would do anyway, and just baby me, something which I hate! When my mother moved down the street, she soon found someone else to love and yes, he had kids. Infact, he had five kids. Janie {30}, William {28}, Faye {27}, Holly {24} and Iann {19}. Iann is the only one that still lives with them, and he has a massive crush on me, which is rather weird. And, my mother decided that I just needed more siblings because I couldn't live with all the ones I already had. Not. So along came Alycia {17}, Fred {11}, Jared {9}, Maisie, George and Isabella {five} and Oliver {three}. So now, not only do I have seven siblings, I have seven step siblings from my step mother and twelve step siblings from my step father. Which means, I have 26 siblings all together. The only good thing about that is that I get a lot of presents on my birthday and Christmas. Oh and did I mention that I'm an aunt? Yeah..well I am. Simone {14}, Lucy {12}, Simon {10}, Jasper {nine}, Mason {seven}, Katelyn {five}, Zara {four} ,Carly-Anna {three}, Jasmine {was just born} and triplets are on the way. And half of these kids, I am a step aunt to. But my family still expect me to be a lovely aunt to them, which can get rather hard when they are just like their annoying parents.
When I look in the mirror I see a sweet girl who seem's younger then she actually is because she's only five feet tall.

done.
Last edited by RaeRaeButterfly on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S L y t e. on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:59 am

My name is Crow, no-one knows my real name.
I am one of four friends.
I am a male.
I’ve blown out 21 candles.
People tell me that I’m scary. Well that's one way to put it. I am most often aloof, cold and very blunt. Yeah, I have a short temper. What's it to you? They say I'm controlling .. Hah, they might be right. I don't like being weak, and I don't like people seeing my vulnerable side. It puts me on edge. I've been told I have a gentle side that I don't show many. It might be true, might be not.
My life at home was like hell. My dad was a dirty fucker and I hated his guts. Hated. His. Guts. If I ever see him again, I think I might kill him. My mom wasn't any better but I thought she could be suffering like me. That wasn't until I saw her look at me like she wished I was never born. I never cared for my other siblings and the feelings was probably mutual. So I ran. No-one cared anyway. I'm better off where I am now.
When I look in the mirror I see Me, myself. With all my sins attached.

S L y t e.
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Slyte, you definitely captured the character perfectly. You're accepted.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S L y t e. on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 am

Awesome. Hope we get to start this soon!

S L y t e.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Yeah, I am anxious to begin as well. S L y t e., I've never roleplayed with you before which is why I am asking, but will you be able to write atleast 250 words per post? I'm not doubting your skills or anything because from what you gave me in your sheet you do seem to be a literate writer, but I just want to make sure.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S L y t e. on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:45 am

My usual posts range from 258-297 words.

S L y t e.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PoppySeed on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:37 am

Hiya, I'd be interested in one of the four, the female one :) but I'll have to make the sheet later today, are you okay with that?

PoppySeed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Great, slyte, and PoppySeed, that is fine.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Hiya(: Might I have one of the kiddnapped? I'll have a sheet up later <3
The name seems rather ironic if I’m an insomniac, doesn’t it? :3

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah, I'm not reserving but I'm sure there will still be spaces open by the time you put up a sheet :D.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PoppySeed on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:09 pm

My name is- Drusilla Morgan Pewter.
I am- One of the four friends.
I am a- Female
I’ve blown out Almost Twenty-One candles.
People tell me that I’m- a difficult bitch, and I believe that I am. Bitch, that is, I'm not difficult to understand at all. I speak clearly, tell you how it is, so why the hell am I difficult? Although, I don't like to show public affection in front of people, I am a pretty passionate person. But let me tell you this, my passion is deserved, if I'm not getting what I want, you best be believing that there ain't no passion between us or this situation anymore. Get lost. I'd like to believe that I'm a bit of a sadist; there's just something exhilarating in hurting other people or making them bleed.
My life at home was like- I was kicked in the face repeatedly during the years I stayed home. Now, who would want to stay in a home like that? To tell you the honest fuckin' truth, I hated my parents, I hated my siblings, and I hated everyone around me during that time. Why? Because there was just something condescending in their eyes, like every time they'd look at me, judgment would flow out of their beady eyes like lava. I want to get away from the lava. I can still hear my mother's obnoxious voice that's bordering sobbing and yelling, "Why can't you be like your brothers?" and I would always reply in crude comments like, "Sure, just let me grow a dick and I'll be just like them!" It would throw her into hysterics. My brothers were successful with booming businesses, but neither wanted to involve me in any of their affairs, and soon I lost interest in their lives all together. All three of them.
When I look in the mirror I see- a pale, crack-user complexion and a whole lot of anger.
Image Image

PoppySeed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Definitely accepted, PoppySeed. She fits the character idea perfectly.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PoppySeed on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Thank you :)))
I'm glad you like her.

PoppySeed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:23 pm

My name is Marcella Annie Kurt.
I am a kidnapped victim.
I am a female
I’ve blown out nineteen candles.
People tell me that I’m a bit of a goofball, never able to keep a serious conversation for more than five minutes. My jokes are a tad lame and my humor can be dirty if I feel the need for it, but I can restrain herself (barely, mind you). I’ll try to fix an awkward situation with some light-hearted comment or maybe just brush it off and blabber on about some trivial subject to keep the awkwardness at bay.

My three-year-old daughter, Chloe, is my world and I carry a picture of her around in my pocket at all times. My life may be more complicated with a daughter, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Coming home after a long shift at Denny’s and hearing her sweet voice squeal out ‘mommy’ makes my heart soar. She is my everything and that little girl will have a good future.
My life at home was perfect. I had an adorable daughter who I love, a happily married mother and father, and a cute three story house in the suburbs. In tenth grade I got a little drunk and my boyfriend of three months got me into bed. One month and a pregnancy test later, I found myself with child. Afraid and confused I ran to my boyfriend’s place hoping to find support. He denied ever sleeping with me and claimed the baby wasn’t his. I told my parents and they accepted my mistake and have helped me ever since. I graduated last June and now I’m on my way to a successful career as a teacher.
When I look in the mirror I see a mother with a large smile and a happy heart.

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:15 pm

:D Accepted, DreamingForever.

I think I'll wait until we have atleast one more of the friends, and two more kidnapped people, and then I'll just play whatever friend is left. I'm hoping to get this started by tomorrow, if possible!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Whoohoo! :D I'm exciteeeeeed.

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!