Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Guards of Raygin

Degrees of Separation

a part of “Guards of Raygin”, a fictional universe by PJammaz.

The city of Raygin has been living peacefully for generations, but when some political turmoil causes a regime change, crime in the city skyrockets. The Tribunal calls for some citizens to volunteer to be part of the new city guard.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Guards of Raygin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Degrees of Separation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Fri May 21, 2010 12:20 am

zhill had this idea and posted it in the [OOC] Guards topic. I decided to make a new topic for it and I am not taking any credit for it.
Basically, on a scale of 1 to 10, put a number that represents the likelihood that your character would already have some sort of relationship with this other character. 1 would be a complete stranger and 10 would be basically family. These numbers only represent your character having knowledge of the other character, nothing more. Also, put an asterisk (*) next to a number if you believe that you would need to speak to that person privately in order to figure out exactly what your two character's relationships are. This does not necessarily mean that you have to have your characters know each other, just a suggestion.

Samuel Dimas:
Zag Gitfingaz: 1
Diana Bell: 1
Kerix: 9
Lord Raegus: 6 (I probably would have at least heard of you before the king and nobles fell.)
Paige Rutherford: 2
Glagonar Thronesteal: 3
Shindo: 4
Lia Silverseeker: 5
Miss Rita: 5

Samuel knows the city fairly well and if a character lives inside the city or is in there often, there is a chance that he has met them before.

I am not going to do this for Glagonar, just assume that he knows everything. :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Degrees of Separation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Fri May 21, 2010 2:34 am

Miss Rita:

Samuel Dimas: 8
Zag Gitfingaz: 3
Diana Bell: 3
Kerix: 8
Lord Raegus: 7
Paige Rutherford: 3
Glagonar Thronesteal: 7
Shindo: 3
Lia Silverseeker: 3

With Rita, her network of informants is wide and proficient enough that she tends to have a 3 for anyone worth knowing. Important people are much higher; the rest is decided by how public the person is. Raegus is important, but he is keeping himself hidden; Dimas is important, and he's around the city and in the public eye enough that he's much easier to read. The rest will increase as Rita sees the need to know them more.
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Fri May 21, 2010 4:32 am

Here is mine reposted (and updated) just fyi:

Samuel Dimas: 9
Zag Gitfingaz: 2
Diana Bell: 2
Lord Raegus: 7*
Paige Rutherford: 2
Shindo: 2
Lia Silverseeker: 2
Miss Rita: 4-5*
Ogava Rus: 2
Zakros: 3

The range on the newest character is going to be because I would definitely know of her but would have not interacted with her in any way yet.
Last edited by zhill on Wed May 26, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zhill
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Fri May 21, 2010 10:54 am

Well, I would do this but there's no point for Zag. Simply know that, because he's a goblin, he expects every character other than another goblin to reject him, so anyone who actually talks to him (who isn't incredibly insulting) is likely to get a reply. Other than that, he won't actually look to start conversations unless its to get on someone's nerves, or someone who he knows would be willing to talk to him. If you really want to do it with the numbers thing, then basically everybody but Glagonar (being a fellow goblin and all) would be a 1.
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Fri May 21, 2010 11:06 am

I got a question...is this open to every one? I'm a little confused, If not that's fine with me just thought I would ask.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Fri May 21, 2010 11:15 am

This is for the Guards of Raygin (http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/guards-of-raygin/) RP. You are allowed to make a character for the RP if you wish, but this topic is only for people who are in the RP currently. Sorry, but I probably should have put the name of the RP in the topic.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jenzlynn08 on Fri May 21, 2010 11:29 am

Samuel Dimas: 4
Zag Gitfingaz: 2
Diana Bell: 2
Kerix: 2
Lord Raegus: 2
Eve Dalejon: 2
Glagonar Thronesteal: 2
Shindo: 4
Lia Silverseeker: 2
Miss Rita: 2

I gave 2's to mostly everyone since I live in the forest and do not interact with the people in the city very often. I gave a 4 to Samuel since it is likely I would at least know who he is being that I go to the city quite often. I gave a 4 to Shindo since I would at least have heard of any other elves that happened to be in the area.

jenzlynn08
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanzi on Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am

Shindo: (I'll give some information behind each person, from Shindo's perspective :P)

Samuel Dimas: 6 - "Uh, from some years ago, wasn't he like the king's wingman?"
Zag Gitfingaz: 2 - "Well, it's a goblin name, I suppose I've seen him steal something, maybe."
Diana Bell: 3 - "Isn't that one of those leather chicks? Could be wrong though."
Kerix: 1 - "Never heard of. Did you Mister Twinkeltoes?"
Lord Raegus: 4 - "I believe he send a scout force at us 'raiding elves' some years ago."
Paige Rutherford: 5 - "That's a girl from that elf family, isn't she?"
Glagonar Thronesteal: 7 - "Oh, the guy from the Goblin thing. He does look a bit like a pimp in that purple suit."
Lia Silverseeker: 2 - "Maybe I've met her in a tavern a long time ago, if only I remembered things that happen at the tavern"
Miss Rita: 6 - "Wait, I think I know her, isn't she the cute girl that has something to do with orphans?"
Ogava Rus: 3 "Hmm, someone from the temple right? I hope he won't let me pay for my sins, could take a while..."
Zakros: 2 "An elf, that's what I know, although I can't remember much of him."

I hope it's good, if I forgot someone, please tell me :P
Last edited by Kanzi on Fri May 28, 2010 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eat an apple, be healthy

Kanzi
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyka on Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 pm

For Lia Silverseeker:

Samuel Dimas: 3
Zag Gitfingaz: 1
Diana Bell: 1
Kerix: 1
Lord Raegus: 2
Paige Rutherford: 1
Glagonar Thronesteal: 6
Shindo: 3
Miss Rita: 4

Lia might have met Rita or Shindo because she enjoys kids and taverns when she's looking for some fun. I'm guessing that given her ambiguous morality and special skill, Glagonar or one of his underlings has hired her once or twice. She's probably heard of Raegus though she'd not be likely to have met him. I'm guessing she'd have heard of Samuel at least, and possibly run into him once or twice in the course of her work.

Lyka
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby martland redbeard on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Does anybody know where PJammaz is? not posted in a while :)

martland redbeard
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!