Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ah, hi?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Ah, hi?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oenketsueki on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 am

So um yeah I have no clue if I was suppose to even make this or join some other forum to tell everyone I have just signed up but I thought I just make a new one, no big deal if i am wrong right?
So yea just signed up about, 10 mins ago and well I am already confused on what the hell I am suppose to be doing, so if some of the "top" rpers wouldn't mind helping me out until i get the hang of this site I would be grateful.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oenketsueki
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Ah, hi?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:52 am

I would love to help you out, despite the fact that I am FAR from the top! But first..

Welcome to the site! It can be a bit tricky, and the people a bit wacky, but it's an excellent community!

Whatcha need help with?
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 am

Hi there, Oenketsueki! I'm Cloasse, a Mentor on this site, but quite a few folks know me by my given name, Lain. Either is fine as far as addressing me goes :)

I'm glad to welcome you to the site. Let me assure you that the confusion will soon go away once you have been here for a few days.

As with all new members, I would like to direct you to some of the following links that you may find useful. First of all, I would like to ask you to read the RolePlayGateway Official Rules. There are only five of them, and as long as you take these rules into consideration when using both the forum and the chatrooms, you'll get along fine with the community here. As just mentioned, we have both forum RPs and Chat RPs. If you have any problems within the forums or when using them, here are the RolePlayGateway Help Forums, where you are invited to make a post should you encounter difficulties on the site. As with the forums, we also have a RolePlayGateway Chat Guide that you can read to educate yourself on our Chat facility.

Along with technical help, there is also the RolePlayGateway Academy, which is there for your use if you require any form of assistance in your roleplaying skills and styles.

Finally, there may be times when you need to talk to a member of staff. Here is a list of the RolePlayGateway Team, complete with member names, their role in RPG and where you can find them (or you can click their names and PM them from their userpage).

I hope you enjoy your time here

Lain
Last edited by Cloasse on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Obnoxious.Factor on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am

Saken, a bit wacky? Try VERY wacky.
Hello, new person!
I'm Obby, and I can help too. I'm also far from the top, but I've been here for a while. So yeah, PM me whenever. (PM = Private Message) Just in case you didn't know that.
Do not fear your fate.

Obnoxious.Factor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oenketsueki on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 am

eh it's not the whole "how to rp" is where do I do and such, but I will just keep clicking links until i figure this place out lol

Oenketsueki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:01 am

You can go to the Roleplay tab to find a place to Roleplay with our new system, or you can just look at the new threads! It's pretty interesting. Or, of course, you can dip into the chat and go for a quick and dirty kind of Rp or what not.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Obnoxious.Factor on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:03 am

Saken, not dirty...We're clean in there! 'Cept for sometimes when we don't take showers. :) Yes, but chat is always nice! I don't even use the forums. I like fast paced roleplay.

Obnoxious.Factor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oenketsueki on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:03 am

HA what is the character tab, like I know its for my people, but like how to I make one?
I like how the layout is of the site, just confusing at first.

Oenketsueki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix-Utashima on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:17 am

Hello Oenketsueki I just joined here and trust me the chat system is a little hard to get used to but it get's easy after the first day. If you're looking for a place to start out the Multiverse is a good place to try, if you don't mind the massive amounts of posts popping up or having some bouts of combat when you least expect it. Otherwise, as has been said, go the RPG forum and hit the RP tab. There are probably thousands of roleplays on here with many different genres. So enjoy your time here, it's a very useful place and yes its community may be a little weird but it's still awesome

Phoenix-Utashima
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oenketsueki on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:20 am

Fast post rp = one lining to me, something I haven't done in a longggg time.

I think I am looking at The Multiverse as we speak.
Still confused on the charry tab tho lol

Oenketsueki
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!