Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Nonsense Game

The Nonsense Game

a part of “The Nonsense Game”, a fictional universe by cdra.

You've been chosen to "playtest" The Nonsense Game, a full-scale virtual world made by a madman known only as The Orchestrator. Now you're trapped inside his reality, with the only escape to finish his game... however you do that.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Nonsense Game”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Nonsense Game

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cdra on Thu May 12, 2011 3:45 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Nonsense Game"

I have edited this post as I see fit.

Feel free to ask questions or just chat! I promise I'm friendly and competent.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cdra
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Nonsense Game

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 am

Dis RP. DIS RP. Its sheer beauty brings tears to my eyes :'D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Failkidd
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Thu May 12, 2011 7:01 am

I shall be joining this. XD
"Chillax Zody, Scheming Zody, Asshole Satori Zody, Srsbsns Zody, Gentleman Zody, GM Zody, TSUNTSUN Zody, Yandere Zody, Kuudere Zody, Immoral Zody, Zodiac, SCIENCE! Zody, Regular Zody, Seductive Zody, Kawaii Desu Neko Zody so far.

Why the hell are there so many Zody's?!"

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Thu May 12, 2011 7:35 am

OK, I'm definitely in, but I have two questions.

Firstly - in connection with the character sheet, do the "physical description" "personality" etc refer just to the in-game avatar, or do you also need the description of the person sitting at the computer who got sucked in? Given the nature of this game, your use of the word "character" is ambiguous.

Secondly - what does "bunny" mean, in the sense of "bunnying other players"??? I promise not to offer them lettuce leaves or ask them to admire my fluffy tail, if that's what you mean!

Apart from this, I concur with what Failkidd says - Dis game, is BRILLIANT!

Alan23
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Thu May 12, 2011 10:18 am

I wish to join, a amazing role play.

Thorait
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Thu May 12, 2011 10:40 am

A pal of mine, Archlkan, told me about this, and we'd both like to join the RP. We've also had an idea of characters; Archlkan'll be the User, and I'll be the Companion. Let us know what you think of this Dynamic Duo idea, dude!

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odyne on Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Hahaha, this idea is awesome!
This body holding me/Reminds me of my own mortality/Embrace this moment; Remember: We are eternal,/All this pain is an illusion.~Tool - Parabola

Odyne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Thu May 12, 2011 1:23 pm

This looks awesome! I've started on a character, and will finish and upload him tomorrow

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu May 12, 2011 3:19 pm

This is beyond awesome. Cdra you should write a book or something. I suspect this will be totally worth sitting through the whole text monster thing...
If you kill Callen, I'm going to kill you, and then Quinn. My penguin army shall rise from the crumbles of the great Cookie war of Elderon IV, and rue the day you ever did displease me you will!
-psalm 3:5; Book of Nevermore

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu May 12, 2011 3:23 pm

OK yes I should've just included this question in my other post instead of posting back-to-back (...like a newb...), but this thought was in retrospect:
I always feel a little intimidated by people who can write better then I can (which would probably be every single person here), and I was just wandering if writing ability was going to be important. When I feel like it, I can write very well, but usually I'm just not in the mood. A good range of length (a few sentences, a paragraph, an epic poem-long) for each post would also be nice.... Well as long as my character gets approved... and yes I know it's a little sloppy.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Thu May 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Is interested. Will submit character to this later.
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu May 12, 2011 3:36 pm

@Gamer_Templar:

Wait a minute I thought we agreed on- Oh sod it! I am fine with either anyway, haha.

@cdra:

Anyhow, if you would approve of the idea it would be great! =D
We won't object if you don't but we just thought it would be something to inform you about.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cdra on Thu May 12, 2011 3:46 pm

For all of you who simply expressed your interest: You guys make me happy! =D Hooray!

@Alan23: All of the fields refer exclusively to the avatar. The person behind the computer does not matter in a physical sense, though you have the same personality, I would think. And bunnying is the word I've always heard used to describe what my sister says is called "Puppeting" here. Basically, you take control of another person's character. If it's done completely inappropriately, it's called "godmodding". Hope that helps!

@Gamer_Templar and Archikan: Yes, that should be fine as long as you two communicate the pair effectively, which should be fine if you're friends. I only say not to do that because it doesn't make sense for me to pair off random Users and Companions. So you're fine, go for it. =D

@Nevermore90: I just expect people to write, say, a paragraph for the average post, and more if they feel like it or it's an epic post. Avoiding few-sentence posts is good. More than anything I expect people to play their characters well and realistically, especially in the sense of taking a few hits while fighting and having normal reactions to the insanity that is this world.

Ack, thank you for all of the interest! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :3 I'll try to respond as often as possible, but as I said in the rules I'm kind of busy... I promise I won't keep you waiting if I can at all help it!

cdra
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu May 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Well I'd PM you if I could (still at the new-person, can't PM without minimum Forum posts whatever), but I guess I have to say here.... and other people try not to abuse it too much:
My characters typically wind up being a "human punching bag," and I'm typically okay with that. If someone is a good roleplayer and they throw a punch (within reason), my character will likely get hit. (But if someone is rude to me or a "bad" roleplayer, then the fight is likely to wind up not-so-great). SO yeah...

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cdra on Thu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

You can't PM without the minimum number of forum posts? What sort of silliness is that? Oh well, I probably can't either because I've never used the forums.

That's acceptable, and don't worry, I'll try to be sure that everyone is treated fairly. After all, I will have final say on whether or not hits land and such things, though I feel like I shouldn't have to make a big deal out of it if you guys know what you're doing. (:

I accepted you and I find your companion entirely amusing; he just metagames. Hahaha. So welcome to the nonsense game!

I also posted The Orchestrator and Amalia. It's perfectly fine to just list your User in the name box or to list your User and your Companion. In this case I needed to list them both because they're both important.

cdra
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu May 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Cdra: That last post lets me PM now so yay :)
You like the metagaming companion? And thanks for approval. (I know this makes me sound like a stuck-up snob but) I based both characters off myself. Jack is the same nerdy shut in that I am (although I actually have friends and hang out with people sometimes), and any time I'm rping irl (like playing dungeons and dragons or deadlands or something) I like to go "Boom, headshot" or "I'm gana pwn you in the back of the face." In retrospect... I sound like a total jerk.......

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cdra on Thu May 12, 2011 4:16 pm

That's always a good start. Can't say The Orchestrator is based on me, nor is Amalia as she is far too tsundere to be me. It would trouble you if they were, wouldn't it? 8D Oh, and the fact that you play Deadlands did influence me to accept you. Because that makes you cool. -smacked with frying pan- Anywho~

cdra
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu May 12, 2011 4:41 pm

You've played Deadlands b4? Gawd I was started to think I was the only one...
So my impressive repetior of pen-and-paper gaming influenced my ability to join this rp? sweet... I believe that Deadlands is the ONLY game with the ability to have magic, monsters, and SKYPIRATES in a western setting... the plot line and stuff is just awesome...

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu May 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Oh and about the punching bag thing:
you can beat up Jack/Nevermore all you want...
...but watch out because Sylver might just be trying to get that shiny new Head shot achievement...

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Thu May 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Oh and when its time to start posting, someone please tell me. I'm a lazy **** so please don't start out with 999999billion paragraphs, and don't have 9999billion different posts! please give me a heads up or I might loose interest! thanks 8D

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!