Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Distant Evil

Distant Evil

a part of “Distant Evil”, a fictional universe by Manic Monkey.

Through chance, you and your crew enter a wormhole and are thrust into a distant war in a remote galaxy where an innocent race of people, their way of life and fate hang in the balance by a powerful alien race who are determined to exterminate them all.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Distant Evil”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Distant Evil

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hudleboon on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Ok, guinevere, I understand. I just wanted to provide some thoughts from Johns perspective to other characters. I added some physical details as I was visualising the story. I editted the stuff out again. I could remove the timing aswell; I just wanted to sketch a single scene somewhere before the launch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sir Hudleboon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Thank you! I was happy when I found it too. :)

XD I must admit that I did not read the post before it was edited - but that summary does sound like it controlled other people's characters too much. It's great that you're trying to get things moving along, but I have to side with Guinevere here. BUT thank you for being so receptive and editing the post!

I think we should also wait and see where Manic Monkey takes it. She may have a scene she wants to do before the launch, or she may even want to switch to the launch. But I think it should be her call.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:13 pm

I have managed to find a work around until my MacBook can be fixed. I busted out a old PC laptop with *cringes* Windows Vista on it. Not as fast as my Mac, but it will work till Wednesday or however long it takes for things to be fixed. I will be posting as soon as I get caught up on this RP.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi folks! Sorry I was away for a few days. I've been swamped with work and my screenplay and have had very little time to get on here. I just posted in the game so now you all can get moving.

As far as the "God-modding" and such here is my deal. You can't speak or "move" other characters unless it's very subtle or minute. And you certainly can't decide key aspects of the RP like having a briefing and such. Let me take care of those details if you don't mind.

Thanks, guys (and gals). Look forward to getting this thing moving. I have huge plans for this RP.
Cop - "Sir, have you been drinking tonight?"

Driver - "Do you see a fat chick in the car?"

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hudleboon on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:32 am

“I will not hold NASA briefings “, “I will not hold NASA briefings”, “I will not hold NASA briefings” ..

Thanks for clearing that up, Manic Monkey. I've synchronized my post to yours. I'll be waiting till you post the next chapter.

Sir Hudleboon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:01 am

okay duly noted. I wondered what I was missing with people skipping so far ahead!

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm going to give you all the rest of the day to ask any questions in regards to the breifing you were just given in the game (ask your questions in the game). Tomorrow I will strap your asses on the ship and get you all into space and into this deep RP.

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Got it, thanks. Edited out my post due to this, but hopefully we'll get moving along here soon.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:21 pm

I will wait until we are on the ship to post. ;) (Can't think of any questions for Karen to ask...)

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ..Guinevere.. on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:25 am

Meh, i feel absolutely horrible about doing this after reading Manic's posts here..but i have a lot of things going on in my life, and it's all becoming a bit too much and i need to deal with some things..........so i'm dropping ALL my rp's on this site, and another one, until i can get things straightened out here.....

I'm REALLYYYYYYY sorry for doing this, i love the idea of this RP and i really couldn't wait to get into space, but my life is killing me atm, and i need to try to fix that - ya know?! >_<

I hope to be back on here in a month or so, and i look forward to reading how this RP progressed.......and who knows, if it's still around when i start coming back on, maybe i can join in as another character?! i would loev to! =)

Thanks for accepting me in the first place though........and i hope you can find someone else to create another character to take over the commander position! =(
Very sorry for the inconvenience >_<

L8r!

-kiyomi
Yeah I'm back under this username for now.....

..Guinevere..
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm

No problem, Guinevere. Hope you get everything worked out. If you need any advice or help feel free to PM me.

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 am

Not sure how much we'll use them but here are the sections of the Lewis and Clark.

- Cockpit/Crew Station
- Sleeping Quarters (5 bunk beds and storage space)
- Small Lab/Medic station
- Storage Bay (rover, drilling equipment, etc...)
- Small Eating Quarters
- Small Gym
- Rec Room (TV, radio, couches, chess, etc...)
- Bathroom

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 am

Hey guys I'm back from a family trip,
Also my feelings are hurt...
Jericho an idiot? I'm hurt... He stated laser or electric based weapons and disregarded guns if y'all read the post =P but it's all good haha
"I don't have time to bleed."

jericho193
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 am

Welcome back, Jericho. Hope your trip was good.

Go ahead and jump in when you're ready.

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 am

I do have a rule. Whatever is said in the game is just the characters talking. Don't take anything personal. There will be conflict between players. Just know it's part of the game. We're all friends here.

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Haha it's all good I was just kidding, I'm gonna jump in real soon! I promise haha

jericho193
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:36 am

No problem, Jericho. Look forward to your posts. We aren't far away from the action.

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm going to give you all the rest of the night to post if you haven't already. Sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening I will move the story forward.

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 pm

I don't know why people aren't really posting or attempting much interaction. It's getting a bit frustrating.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Monkey on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:20 pm

I am back. Apologize for the short absence. I took my little girl to Disney for a couple days. Man, that place is brutal and vicious at emptying your wallet.

I hear you, Izoi. I've only seen a handful of people posting lately. We're not far away from getting into the meat of this RP. At that point all those characters who have not posted in a long time and haven't sent me a PM explaining their absence will find themselves experiencing a horrific and twisted fate *evil laugh*

I'll move this along with a post later on tonight.

Manic Monkey
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!